Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,713 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2307629 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3446) (3447) (3448) (3449) (3450) (3451) (3452) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by AdisaOwala: 9:05pm On Apr 14
mostob:
Lineup is not the problem!!!
No be the same lineup we bin dey use win match earlier this season.
If we had converted those chances in tbe first half, we wouldn't be here lamenting.

Which chances?

At 0-0, Villa came closest to scoring on 2 occasions - one effort hit the upright while the other hit the crossbar.

Arsenal were 2nd best in this game abeg

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 9:11pm On Apr 14
Jodera:

Hope for Man city to draw embarassed

Ahead Impossible Kinda Tense.

This EBL don prove say hin be Arsenal fan....🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Bjteensdes24: 9:50pm On Apr 14
mostob:
ESR not Martinelli.
Oh! Okay, thanks.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:53pm On Apr 14
Shegzdave:

This season own pain Me well cause we have our full squad present, but the manger decided to spoil everything by himself.

Why not stick to what was giving you good result?

He decided to make rotation when it wasn't neccessary..

The furnance of anger in Me can consume Arteta
Like why Change all of a sudden?
Because of GJ and Trossard against Bayern.

What was the reason for removing Odegaard?

Omorr, I just dey vex.

I just wan sleep, calm head then wake up tomorrow.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:56pm On Apr 14
daveP:

Ahead Impossible Kinda Tense.

This EBL don prove say hin be Arsenal fan....🤣🤣🤣🤣
I no come even know wetin dey do Saka this past weeks. Can't beat his man again.

Beating of Man wey be bread and butter for Saka don dey turn pounded yam.

Omorr, what's wrong? Is he carrying injury that's limiting him?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by AdisaOwala: 9:57pm On Apr 14
Jodera:
Like why Change all of a sudden?
Because of GJ and Trossard against Bayern.

Omorr, I just dey vex.

He said odegaard was injured
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:06pm On Apr 14
mostob:
If we had converted those chances in tbe first half, we wouldn't be here lamenting.
But we were not really convincing or have you forgotten?

If we aren't talking about Raya, we're talking about Havertz and how he's doing minus one in that Midfield. If we're not talking Havertz, we're talking Zinny and his lack of concentration.

We were winning games yeah, but with our church mind we just knew something was off.

At the turn of the year esp during that Liverpool game onwards, everyone knew we gat "our team". And that's due to Havertz, Kiwi, Rice Jorgo and White all having great different roles. Our press were frightening, our passes sleek and our attack was great.

Bringing Havertz back to Midfield is limiting. And with our squad depth of Trossard and GJ, it limited our options coming off the bench cos the rest are real match rusty.

Omorr, I don taya, maka sleep abegg embarassed embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:13pm On Apr 14
AdisaOwala:

He said odegaard was injured

Ahhh
Mogbe embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:24pm On Apr 14
Mikel Arteta on the game: “Two very different performances. The first half was superb, one of the best halves we have played against a top team. It should have been three or four - or more.

“We didn't put that score line up and didn't reflect that second half. We lacked momentum. We didn't have the flow we had in the first half and then we conceded two very, very poor goals.

“Credit to them, in the second half we were a bit unprecise with the ball, we weren't able to do what we did in the first half. In the end we lost it so we have to congratulate them on the points.”

Mikel Arteta on missed chances vs Aston Villa: “When you are at this level, you have to punish them, it is not like you can do that for 90-95 minutes against a top opponent.

“If you can't do that then at least don't concede. We couldn't do that.

“We have to be more patient in the second half to find our moments. We were trying to do that with the changes but that's when we conceded.”

Mikel Arteta: “In any other league in the world if you won the number of games in a row that we did, you would be six or eight points clear. That is not the case here. That is the challenge.”

Mikel Arteta: “We can't control [Manchester City]. What we can control is that when we have the run we had when you win, win, win, win, it's easy. The moment is now. After this blow, it's how we react.

“We have the best opportunity to react against Bayern Munich on Wednesday. The team has to show it. If you want to win, you have to overcome these situations.

“With the games we had, this was going to happen. It is now about how we react. This is in our control.”

[via BBC]
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:27pm On Apr 14
Jodera:

Ahhh
Mogbe embarassed embarassed embarassed
You need to calm down. If there was no tangible reason, he wouldn't have pull out Odegaard in such important moment. We all know how fit Ode is...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Colson(m): 10:30pm On Apr 14
odizeey:
I won confess
I won confess

Na me tie Saka leg.

Una prayers don the hot me for body.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 10:42pm On Apr 14
mostob:
Bros this defense wont fly, is Jesus, Trossard and Zinchenko in the starting line up? They come in as sub to run riot

Jesus wey sabi waste chances, zinchenko wey no sabi defend well

These guys are better as sub.

Harvetz in midfield, what was Arteta thinking for f!ck sake
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 10:46pm On Apr 14
Jodera:
Like why Change all of a sudden? Because of GJ and Trossard against Bayern.
Omorr, I just dey vex.
This thing just weak Me bros

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ray07(m): 10:49pm On Apr 14
Jodera. . . . See wetin the do your Almighty coach and club grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 11:44pm On Apr 14
ThierryJay:

Fair point. I believe when you look at the speed of play real time, it makes the elaborate cheating plan peeps are ascribing to Saka unrealistic.

The replays make it appear premeditated, but real time he cant devise all of that within one-fifth of a second. That's why Saka was really pained by the denial after the match. Not reflective behaviour of someone who intended to game the situation.

Regardless, Neuer's leg moving towards Saka at point of contact invalidates all of those sh1t.

There have been other situations vs Southampton and vs Villareal where Saka pulled this same stunt of hanging out his leg to draw penalty

Saka will run normally as soon as he enters the box he scatter leg like crab
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ballzproblem2: 12:19am On Apr 15
odizeey:
I won confess I won confess
Na me tie Saka leg.
Una prayers don the hot me for body.
grin

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:51am On Apr 15
AdisaOwala:
Spy360 - your boys have failed again

Oya comman drop epistle to explain today's failure
I won't blame anybody. Villa were the better sides by all standards. In games like this you just have to accept the result.

We went in a long winning streak and now the games have become thicker.

I can only hope Man City drop points too.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:51am On Apr 15
ThierryJay:

Fair point. I believe when you look at the speed of play real time, it makes the elaborate cheating plan peeps are ascribing to Saka unrealistic.

The replays make it appear premeditated, but real time he cant devise all of that within one-fifth of a second. That's why Saka was really pained by the denial after the match. Not reflective behaviour of someone who intended to game the situation.

Regardless, Neuer's leg moving towards Saka at point of contact invalidates all of those sh1t.

Correct.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by FirstbornWds: 4:30am On Apr 15
Someone said Arsenal is a film series.. they are always waiting for next season 😆 😆
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BscHolder: 7:01am On Apr 15
afrodoc2:
Lala to roke.
always every season and at at particular point in time this guy must always fall grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:03am On Apr 15
Ray07:
Jodera. . . . See wetin the do your Almighty coach and club grin
grin grin grin

My God will fight for me cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ray07(m): 7:11am On Apr 15
Jodera:
grin grin grin

My God will fight for me cheesy
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BscHolder: 7:32am On Apr 15
mostob:
Even if we later win this league (0% chance), that still won't rub off the shortcomings of Arteta and this team.

Madrid will eliminate City from UCL on Wednesday and na that time Pep go concentrate on the league.
story
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kimbeast: 9:49am On Apr 15
AdisaOwala:

Which chances?

At 0-0, Villa came closest to scoring on 2 occasions - one effort hit the upright while the other hit the crossbar.

Arsenal were 2nd best in this game abeg
Did you actually watch the first half?

Havertz had two one on one with Martinez.

Trossard miss from the 6yard box

Gabriel Jesus header that hit the side netting.

Saka curler that missed by few inches.

The only chance Villa had in the first half was the Watkins ball that hit the post and that came from Gabriel passing to him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:50am On Apr 15
So arsenal fans left the stadium before the game ended.

Pretty harsh and disappointing from them. Very very unclassy embarassed

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Arizoner: 9:54am On Apr 15
Jodera:

But we were not really convincing or have you forgotten?

If we aren't talking about Raya, we're talking about Havertz and how he's doing minus one in that Midfield. If we're not talking Havertz, we're talking Zinny and his lack of concentration.

We were winning games yeah, but with our church mind we just knew something was off.

At the turn of the year esp during that Liverpool game onwards, everyone knew we gat "our team". And that's due to Havertz, Kiwi, Rice Jorgo and White all having great different roles. Our press were frightening, our passes sleek and our attack was great.

Bringing Havertz back to Midfield is limiting. And with our squad depth of Trossard and GJ, it limited our options coming off the bench cos the rest are real match rusty.

Omorr, I don taya, maka sleep abegg embarassed embarassed
where is nketiah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:53am On Apr 15
Jodera:

whatever the weather this is our home in za mud. 🤣

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:55am On Apr 15
Jodera:
I no come even know wetin dey do Saka this past weeks. Can't beat his man again.

Beating of Man wey be bread and butter for Saka don dey turn pounded yam.

Omorr, what's wrong? Is he carrying injury that's limiting him?

I've complained about it since January. I was explained away on here. The fatigue factor is making him go the Gavi/Pedri route if things are not managed well. For one, Arteta treats him like he's impermeable. Then this injury he seems to be managing. Guy might just be low on confidence too
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ballzproblem2: 1:15pm On Apr 15
Jodera:

glory hunterstongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 1:39pm On Apr 15
When it comes to shooting, say chance for 10 shots that are on target, rank them on who will hit most on target

Jesus
Saka
Martinelli
Trossard
Odegaard
Havertz
Rice
Nelson
ESR
Partey

All take 10 shots. Choose your top best 5 to convincingly bury the chances.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 3:39pm On Apr 15
Head of Pgmol howard webb.apologies and says goal against Arsenal was offside.

We still lost and should not be relying on Pgmol.

The VAR was carried away with the game.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 4:49pm On Apr 15
https://twitter.com/i/status/1779606688292643128

Blueraydick iamoyindamola Roland17 e peles

(1) (2) (3) ... (3446) (3447) (3448) (3449) (3450) (3451) (3452) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.