Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,793 members, 7,866,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:17 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3532) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2365133 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3529) (3530) (3531) (3532) (3533) (3534) (3535) ... (3552) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:24am On May 23
germaphobe:

Transfer speculations are normal, I can remember Belerin being associated with Barca and moving from arsenal right from his first season down to the season he finally left, same with Bernardo silver at man city. But if the should sell him, then we will need a better upgrade.
Thought this was an official lists that arsenal released not just transfer speculation like Gabriel Jesus own
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:26am On May 23
BlueRayDick:

You are sure bawo ?😳
Even the coach and his medical team won’t be sure ESR won’t get injured again.

A player that has consistently gotten injured with various injuries ranging from Shoulder injury, groin injury , hamstring injury ,knee injury , ankle injury , etc over the last 5 years …. That’s the player u are vouching for that his injury concern will not be a problem next year ?

Baba , na so Diaby spend 10 years for Arsenal and didn’t play up to 200 games o.
Lol... I remember always hoping for Diaby every year. My guy turned rookie to veteran right before our very eyes without playing much cheesy
Always like a new signing.

Honourable mention: Rosicky and Wilshere
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 9:41am On May 23
Jodera:
Thought this was an official lists that arsenal released not just transfer speculation like Gabriel Jesus own
Well I haven't seen such list shaa. That means, It is what it is if it's official.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:21am On May 23
germaphobe:

His main injury concern was the groin problem which have been taken care of, na to manage him properly. Hmm BRD(shey u no get problem with the initials for ya Monika?) It's really hard defending his injury issues but I just love the boy and wish him to stay. His injury shouldn't be much of a problem again

The bold is why I say wanting him to stay is sentimental emotional attachment.

If he stays an his injury woes continues, we will then be debating what could have been had if he had been stayed fit; Just like Diaby's case.

Everybody knows Diaby was a fine player, one of the top talents of his era but we all know how it ended.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:23am On May 23
Jodera:

Lol... I remember always hoping for Diaby every year. My guy turned rookie to veteran right before our very eyes without playing much cheesy
Always like a new signing.

Honourable mention: Rosicky and Wilshere

Omo! The way I take like Diaby ehn..... It pained me how injuries ruined his career
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:42am On May 23
germaphobe:

Well I haven't seen such list shaa. That means, It is what it is if it's official.
Yeah, it was everywhere two weeks back.

Na why I just make peace with ESR departure
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:45am On May 23
BlueRayDick:

Omo! The way I take like Diaby ehn..... It pained me how injuries ruined his career
Swear down.

I too hope on that guy. Worst of it all is that whenever he plays, nothing like match rustiness or whatever. Him go just ball Midfield straight up.

Sad such talent was wasted because of injury
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Sportsweb: 12:19pm On May 23
So Atalanta just bagged an European title before Almighty Gunners grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:48pm On May 23
BlueRayDick:

I hope u are not about to start one of ur merry-go-round arguments with me on this ESR matter cos me I no too get time for those kind arguments .

Yesterday I shared a screenshot of ESR’s injury history at Arsenal here . In 3 straight season he messed 30 or more games due to injury . In the last season he missed 21 games and in this recently concluded season he missed 10 games due to injury .

I have now attached Viera’s injury history to this post for comparison . Now tell me how ESR and Viera’s injury history are similar ?

All I’ve said is ; let Viera be given a chance [/b]to prove this season’s injury is a one-off thing . [b]Let him be given a chance next season to deputize Odegaard in that role. As for ESR, his 5 years at Arsenal already confirmed he’s too injury prone to be depended on by an elite team like Arsenal .

Simple !
You don't want argument but you are bringing 18/19 stats for ESR.

In the season that just finished, Vieira missed more games through injury than ESR. But you are willing to offer him an extension 'in an elite team' whereas your reason for not minding selling ESR is the same injury issue.

By the way neither of us will affect what will happen to them next season, so no point. It's just a personal opinion which I made clear to you. I will take ESR over Vieira without blinking.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:02pm On May 23
Spy360:

You don't want argument but you are bringing 18/19 stats for ESR.

In the season that just finished, Vieira missed more games through injury than ESR. But you are willing to offer him an extension 'in an elite team' whereas your reason for not minding selling ESR is the same injury issue.

By the way neither of us will affect what will happen to them next season, so no point. It's just a personal opinion which I made clear to you. I will take ESR over Vieira without blinking.

Abeg if argument Dey hungry u, go look for who to argue endlessly with for front.

Someone ask which players do we want the club to sell; I listed my own choice . He requested for reasons and why listed ESR and I provided reasons to him which was fine by him. You are the one that started argument about Viera and what not while questioning my personal opinion .

Now u are making it seem as if I was the one arguing with u over ur personal opinion.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 7:30pm On May 23
BlueRayDick:

Abeg if argument Dey hungry u, go look for who to argue endlessly with for front.

Someone ask which players do we want the club to sell; I listed my own choice . He requested for reasons and why listed ESR and I provided reasons to him which was fine by him. You are the one that started argument about Viera and what not while questioning my personal opinion .

Now u are making it seem as if I was the one arguing with u over ur personal opinion.
cheesy cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 7:30pm On May 23
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:55pm On May 23
daveP:
See Lookman tonight vs Leverkusen?!! Kai can never do such to defenders, torturing them and making them too wary of where he is on the pitch. Same for Boniface, the way the guy moves towards final third and the stats will make you know that these are guys that will be a constant pain to any backline once ball dey dia leg.

My own na say 3 Victors dey to pick from. Gyo is the most likely pick, mostly due to VO price tag. We don't need a jeun jeun 9 to best this just concluded season. We need one that will start firing and everyone will start having to respect and fear our unpredictability. Ehen.
If there's anyone you should compare to Kai in that Atalanta team, it is Scammaca, not Lookman. What were Martinelli and Saka doing in those matches too?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:19pm On May 23
mostob:
If there's anyone you should compare to Kai in that Atalanta team, it is Scammaca, not Lookman. What were Martinelli and Saka doing in those matches too?
Not roles per se. More like Effect on defenses as a forward throughout a game.

As for those two, it was obvious that experience needed for such nights was not in their bags. They ran out and got frustrated and ended up being secondary too.

Disheveled.

Scammaca sef was more impressive, shockingly, in passing.

For now, be like i go dey enter cave for this window. What's going on on Arsenal community and threads is giving delulul promax as regards links and who should come in.😂😂😂
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:04am On May 24
BlueRayDick:

I did not make anything seem like an argument. In fact you are the one who tagged the discussion and argument. I have aways insisted in calling it your opinion or my opinion.

I only engaged you to know why you got to that opinion and your reasons which you are entirely entitled to were not cogent enough to make me change mine.

You said it's because of injury that you want ESR out, but that you are willing to give Vieira a chance and I felt like that isnt fair enough because Vieira missed more games last season due to same injury factor.

There is no argument here. Are you scared of arguing with me? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by AdisaOwala: 7:17am On May 24
Spy360:

I did not make anything seem like an argument. In fact you are the one who tagged the discussion and argument. I have aways insisted in calling it your opinion or my opinion.

I only engaged you to know why you got to that opinion and your reasons which you are entirely entitled to were not cogent enough to make me change mine.

You said it's because of injury that you want ESR out, but that you are willing to give Vieira a chance and I felt like that isnt fair enough because Vieira missed more games last season due to same injury factor.

Haha

Spy360 oo grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:36am On May 24
Spy360:

It is only Jodera that has enough time and patience to go on merry-go-round arguments that ends nowhere with u.

Those of us that have known u long enough don't even bother .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:18am On May 24
The last time ESR was active was 3 seasons ago where he bagged 10 goals from the wing( is it 10 or more?). Since then, he has been in and out of the team due to injuries. He used almost the whole 2022/2023 season to do surgery and recuperate but still picked different injuries afterward.

Vieira arrived at Arsenal with a foot injury he sustained on international duty. He was out for like 3 months this season when he opted to do the groin surgery once and for all.

Somebody tell us how these two scenarios take relate. Moreso, Vieira has the better chance of making the team's squad based on skillsets.

ESR is good but his problem is his position. He is not fast and explosive enough to play on the wing. In midfield, he is limited too.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:20am On May 24
BlueRayDick:

It is only Jodera that has enough time and patience to go on merry-go-round arguments that ends nowhere with u.

Those of us that have known u long enough don't even bother .
You don't have to argue with me. Just drop your opinion.

It's Mostob I know that loves to pick up unnecessary arguments with me, which off course I don't mind at all. His problem is that he doesn't even understand his own points grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:20am On May 24
I once predicted Rashford as one of our likely signings. Make e no too shock anybody when it happens o. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:28am On May 24
mostob:
The last time ESR was active was 3 seasons ago where he bagged 10 goals from the wing( is it 10 or more?).
1. Since then, he has been in and out of the team due to injuries. He used almost the whole 2022/2023 season to do surgery and recuperate but still picked different injuries afterward.

2. Vieira arrived at Arsenal with a foot injury he sustained on international duty. He was out for like 3 months this season when he opted to do the groin surgery once and for all.

Somebody tell us how these two scenarios take relate.

Moreso, Vieira has the better chance of making the team's squad based on skillsets.

ESR is good but his problem is his position. He is not fast and explosive enough to play on the wing. In midfield, he is limited too.
You posted two similar scenarios and you are still wondering how both relate. 😂

Or was that a rhetoric question? Please forgive me if it is.

Bros, since both ESR and Vieira started their Arsenal careers, ESR has been the more useful- just as you said already.

I understand his injury issues. But I believe he has recovered from them having stayed extensively away from the pitch. Hence my opinion that if given at least one more season I will prove himself because he is already a very good player. His being slow is because he is not yet fully fit. Once he gets a preseason under Arteta you will see how good he is. I can assure you he is a better player than Vieira (assuming we are looking at keeping one of the two)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:32am On May 24
mostob:
I once predicted Rashford as one of our likely signings. Make e no too shock anybody when it happens o. grin grin
Unless he will join for less than 40m, bad deal. Even the 40m is because of his position as a striker, age, experience and pedigree not because of his performance. This itself is in hope that Arteta will rehab him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:34am On May 24
AdisaOwala:

Haha

Spy360 oo grin grin
Yes?

Are you worried that your club wants to replace ETH with Pochentino?

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:35am On May 24
Spy360:

Unless he will join for less than 40m, bad deal. Even the 40m is because of his position as a striker, age, experience and pedigree not because of his performance. This itself is in hope that Arteta will rehab him.
With the news I read this morning, it is going to be a swap deal and guess who will be going the other way... ESR. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 9:37am On May 24
Im sure in the speculation room with Josh, Edu and co, one question will be

Whom among these guys can compete in numbers with Haaland if in our XI?

That question will be helpful to an extent. Having a Watkins and an Erling.....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 9:40am On May 24
mostob:
See the way Arteta face changes when his wingers don't tackle or press? I doubt Rashford will want to move from frying pan to fire. Guy doesn't press. If he now comes to us and begins to do all of that, the backlash from man u will even be worse. Plus his age. They should just get someone else. But sincerely, if na him dey push for the move, na him sabi😎

That guy is a double GA winger but is wallowing away in despondency
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:41am On May 24
mostob:
With the news I read this morning, it is going to be a swap deal and guess who will be going the other way... ESR. grin
Not bad to be honest. Rashford is a very good player himself and a good goal scorer.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:43am On May 24
daveP:
See the way Arteta face changes when his wingers don't tackle or press? I doubt Rashford will want to move from frying pan to fire. Guy doesn't press. If he now comes to us and begins to do all of that, the backlash from man u will even be worse. Plus his age. They should just get someone else. But sincerely, if na him dey push for the move, na him sabi😎

That guy is a double GA winger but is wallowing away in despondency
Spot on.

In terms of pressing, Arteta will have his work cut out.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by AdisaOwala: 9:51am On May 24
Spy360:

Yes?

Are you worried that your club wants to replace ETH with Pochentino?

Says someone whose club is having wild eréctions over Rashford grin

If una ready, just bring 40milla + odegaard tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:54am On May 24
AdisaOwala:

Says someone whose club is having wild eréctions over Rashford grin

If una ready, just bring 40milla + odegaard tongue
Onye oshi 😂😂😂

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:13am On May 24
mostob:
The last time ESR was active was 3 seasons ago where he bagged 10 goals from the wing( is it 10 or more?). Since then, he has been in and out of the team due to injuries. He used almost the whole 2022/2023 season to do surgery and recuperate but still picked different injuries afterward.

Vieira arrived at Arsenal with a foot injury he sustained on international duty. He was out for like 3 months this season when he opted to do the groin surgery once and for all.

Somebody tell us how these two scenarios take relate. Moreso, Vieira has the better chance of making the team's squad based on skillsets.

ESR is good but his problem is his position. He is not fast and explosive enough to play on the wing. In midfield, he is limited too

I believe you've forgotten who ESR really is.

Naaahh, you've forgotten. Nothing wey you wan tell me grin

Lemme remind you that ESR initially played as our number 10(Am) in the 2020/21 season. He started his first EPL match under Arteta in the 3-1 over Chelsea on boxing Day. We were 16th that period as we were playing one of the most boring football. ESR came and we started winning games back to back because we finally got our Am. We not only beat Chelsea 3-1, we whitewashed westbrom 5-0 the very next match. First time we'll be scoring 3+ goals consecutively and playing fluid football and winning matches b2b in MONTHS.
ESR ensured we were on an upward move till Odegaard was loaned at the end of that Loan window where we moved from 16th to 8th position by season's end. His telepathy and Understanding with Saka was perfect. In fact he was the first that brought this "understanding" with Saka before anything like Odegaard-Saka telepathy was even known in arsenal. There was pictures flying around then (attached below)

I remember having argument with Spy when he said the reason we were playing boring football was because of lack of Am that's why we're playing that stupid 343 and that if we get an Am everything go set. I disagreed saying it was because Arteta wasn't good enough reason why we were playing this nonsense. ESR practically and literally made arsenal playing the 4231 we're enjoying today which obviously improved to 433. I later gave kudos to Spy for getting it right tongue

The very next season, because of Martinelli injury, he stood in for him and played very well that we barely missed Martinelli. He was unarguably our top scorer (even without penalties). The only reason Saka topped him was because Martinelli became fit by early December which made him go back to the bench. And even at that with penalties included, Saka just surpassed him with 1goal (11 to 10).

There's a reason he's called Croydon De bruyne by arsenal fans and it's not just because they're almost same complexion.

I never see wetin Viera don do for this arsenal and even his skillset I never too see am (I believe he'll gel in a more counter attacking team sef) . He can't even play wing effectively, something ESR did excellently. And even that Midfield, most times he's shown he's limited
But make I dey watch.

But omorr, no talk this thing about ESR again biko. Ejoorr🙏🙏🙏🙏.

He's worth the hype.

Na that injury wey Blueray even show me make me calm down for this ESR matter

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:27am On May 24
Spy360:

Not bad to be honest. Rashford is a very good player himself and a good goal scorer.
Na that Rashford I don't care attitude when he's not with the ball I don't like and anybody who watches him consistently knows that it's not just this completed season it started.
I noticed it in Ten Hag first season even when he's banging goals. He just used that goals to cover up that important attributes. People eyes only opened to it because he wasn't scoring last season.

One thing I know about Arteta and his recruitment team is that they don't just look at a person's skillet, they look at his character and passion too especially in difficult situations and that's why we are gathering fighters. I would be surprised if Rashford is bought cos he falls flat when things don't really goes his way. He just gives up and that's something not accepted in this arsenal side

Tbh, I'll be really really surprise if we get him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3529) (3530) (3531) (3532) (3533) (3534) (3535) ... (3552) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.