Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,780 members, 7,837,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (691) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2340436 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) ... (3532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:57pm On Jan 14, 2016
Keky:
Ramsey is now RWF, there is nothing I won't see on this thread. Na why other fans like to dey yarb arsenal, it's cos of statements like this.
When are midifeld was Cazorla and Coquelin, Ramsey was deployed as RWF (right wing forward), after Cazorla's injury, he was then drafted to CM which he claims to be his preferred wing.

I think (as also Wenger does) that the best position for Ramsey is as a RWF, where he can make his forward runs, get into positions, score etc.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 5:19pm On Jan 14, 2016
Welcome Elneny and Nwakali!

If there is one thing i know and heard about this fella is that you will get ATTITUDE! sanchez and Coqelin comes to mind here...

Not the silky skill of ozil or the magic technique of cazorla but a player who plays to instruction and stays disciplined on and off the ball.

Finally the scouting team are beginning to look for the calibre of players (relatively unknown but hardworking)that once made arsenal tagged the invincibles.

The commentator during the west-ham match yesterday pointed out that the big teams need to start looking at players that dont come with all the buzz and high prices but give you 100% and are effective at what they do.

I for one was delighted that we got this guy and Nwakali cos they dont have the high profile tag but meeeenn..... Lets just wait and see but im very optimistic that we have two new gems in AFC.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by hariorh: 5:40pm On Jan 14, 2016
edi287:
When is El neny showing up naa?? This flamini-Ramsey axis dey worry me.

Done deal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by hariorh: 5:45pm On Jan 14, 2016
Spy360:

When are midifeld was Cazorla and Coquelin, Ramsey was deployed as RWF (right wing forward), after Cazorla's injury, he was then drafted to CM which he claims to be his preferred wing.

I think (as also Wenger does) that the best position for Ramsey is as a RWF, where he can make his forward runs, get into positions, score etc.

And assist in defending that right flank at the same time.

Ramsey started as a CM but has not really lived up to expectations. Dumping him to the wings seems to be best option for now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edi287: 7:19pm On Jan 14, 2016
hariorh:

Done deal
Thank God. No its time to bench flamini or even better, send Ramsey to the wing.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by hariorh: 7:21pm On Jan 14, 2016
edi287:

Thank God. No its time to bench flamini or even better, send Ramsey to the wing.

Force Arteta to the reserves permanently grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edi287: 7:24pm On Jan 14, 2016
hariorh:

Force Arteta to the reserves permanently grin
Or turn him to a ball boy.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 7:25pm On Jan 14, 2016
hariorh:

And assist in defending that right flank at the same time.

Ramsey started as a CM but has not really lived up to expectations. Dumping him to the wings seems to be best option for now.
Lool, lot lived up to Expectation. Won FA Cup for us in 2014. Our best player in 2013/2014 season. I'm sure the likes of Gerrard, Lampard are wrong about him being one of the best Cms in the league. Even with Coquelin and Cazorla in the midfield, we felt his absence, we lost to Bayern, Westbrom, almost to Spurs in his absence. Came back to the team, scored 3 goals more than what Cazorla has scored with more starts. I don't even know what Ramsey has to do to please you lots. Came on against Sunderland, he changed the game. What else do you want from Him?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 7:32pm On Jan 14, 2016
Spy360:

Ramsey was placed there to support Cazorla and Coquelin from the wing. Not cause he is a winger, we need the balance, that is why He drifts in the middle. Go and check all Wenger's past formations, he puts a direct winger and a playmaker in the wings to help the midfield and playmake. Did the same with Pires, Hleb, Nasri. Ramsey gave us his best season from central midfield, and you are telling me he is better as a RWF. I'm sure Lampard and the likes would agree with you yh? We need a solid dm that can compliment Ramsey, Arteta of 2013/2014 did that. Hope elneny will do better. Ramsey is our best CM. SHALOM
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 7:33pm On Jan 14, 2016
So much hate for Ramsey on this thread, ahn ahn.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 14, 2016
Keky:
Lool, lot lived up to Expectation. Won FA Cup for us in 2014. Our best player in 2013/2014 season. I'm sure the likes of Gerrard, Lampard are wrong about him being one of the best Cms in the league. Even with Coquelin and Cazorla in the midfield, we felt his absence, we lost to Bayern, Westbrom, almost to Spurs in his absence. Came back to the team, scored 3 goals more than what Cazorla has scored with more starts. I don't even know what Ramsey has to do to please you lots. Came on against Sunderland, he changed the game. What else do you want from Him?
It's not all about scoring goals
Ramsey overlaps a lot and exposes the CBs. Flamini ain't that aggressive to cover well for him.
Pairing Coquelin with Ramsey could be better as the former is very agile and aggressive but in the absence of Coquelin It's either Ramsey stays disciplined or move to RWF.

We are talking role play here.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by hariorh: 7:42pm On Jan 14, 2016
Keky:

If we hated Ramsey we'd be praying to have him sold by now. That's not the case.

We are not comfortable with Ramsey in the middle.

Even le prof is nervous about let him supervise our play.

He ll provide more advantage for us on the flanks while ox is moved on loan or plays with the U-20s
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 14, 2016
Keky if I may add, the average goals we've conceded with Flamini/Ramsey pair is higher than Coquelin/Cazorla at DM.

We've also conceded our highest number of goals in a match with the pair at DM 4 and 3 against soton and Liverpool respectively.

I don't hate Ramsey and I'm not saying he's not contributing to the team. what I'm just saying is, he's not a jack of all trade.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 8:02pm On Jan 14, 2016
If you are not comfortable with him there, go and remove Him. The same guy average more tackles, intercepts, covers more ground than our supposed DM( Flamini), they want him to defend, pass, tackle etc smh
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 8:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
kokaneprodigy:
Keky if I may add, the average goals we've conceded with Flamini/Ramsey pair is higher than Coquelin/Cazorla at DM.

We've also conceded our highest number of goals in a match with the pair at DM 4 and 3 against soton and Liverpool respectively.

I don't hate Ramsey and I'm not saying he's not contributing to the team. what I'm just saying is, he's not a jack of all trade.
We conceded 5 to Bayern with Coquelin and Cazorla, we lost 2-0 to Chelsea with Coquelin and Cazorla, it happens. Ramsey need a better partner. He can't be a box to box cm and also cover for Flamini, and we need a box to box cm.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by IZUKWU(m): 8:21pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ramsey thinks he is playing a free role. He forgets his primary duty is to defend and keep the shape of the team. He lacks defensive discipline and it is costing us
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 14, 2016
Keky:
We conceded 5 to Bayern with Coquelin and Cazorla, we lost 2-0 to Chelsea with Coquelin and Cazorla, it happens. Ramsey need a better partner. He can't be a box to box cm and also cover for Flamini, and we need a box to box cm.
In Epl this season with the duo highest we conceded was 2 that's what I'm talking about.
I'm not saying he playing box to box is wrong, but he can do that when paired with someone more reliable not with Flamini.
Right now he needs to stay disciplined. I pointed out earlier he can do that with Coquelin.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:36pm On Jan 14, 2016
Keky:
Don't get it twisted, Ramsey is a great player. In a discussion today, I made claim that Ramsey is about the best player in the team when not with the ball. That is, off the ball, Ramsey is the best. His runs, movement, positioning, assists, goals, etc. His goal yesterday comes to mind.

On the ball, he is not bad, but he is below the likes of Ozil and Cazorla.

He is not disciplined enough to protect the defence, now that is not a minus as it is his game. But some occasions require discipline- thanks to Cazorla and Coquelin.

In summary, to get the best of Ramsey, a RWF position fits. From there like you said, he can drift in to midfield to help out and he can also enjoy the luxury of roaming forward, making those beautiful runs and scoring more goals.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chidexxy007(m): 9:20pm On Jan 14, 2016
An0nimus:

It sure would've been far from open if Arsenal had held on to the 2-3 scores and Spurs not concede.
hmmmm
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by hariorh: 9:30pm On Jan 14, 2016
Rumours

Several Premier League clubs are fighting it out to sign highly-rated Charlton forward Ademola Lookman, Sky sources understand.

Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and Manchester City are among those interested in the 18-year-old, who was playing non-league football two years ago.

Charlton do not want to sell Lookman, but sources have told Sky Sports News HQ that a deal to sign him and loan him back to The Valley for the rest of the season could happen in this window.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11684/10129935/top-premier-league-clubs-keen-on-charlton-teenager-ademola-lookman

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:17pm On Jan 14, 2016
Meanwhile,...
Aaron Ramsey SCORES...

Alan Rickman DIES...

#Winch
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 14, 2016
Spy360:
Meanwhile,...

Aaron Ramsey SCORES...

Alan Rickman DIES...

#Winch
so u follow other fans dey talk this rubbish, once ramsey score na so them go search the whole world, including IRAQ to see if someone died.. Stop it. Its not good, and to think this is coming frm arsenal fan,,... Just stop it
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:07pm On Jan 14, 2016
R2bees:
so u follow other fans dey talk this rubbish, once ramsey score na so them go search the whole world, including IRAQ to see if someone died.. Stop it. Its not good, and to think this is coming frm arsenal fan,,... Just stop it
No problem, just being curious.

But when someone mentioned it, I thought 'ok lets see' and whoa!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 14, 2016
Spy360:
No problem, just being curious.

But when someone mentioned it, I thought 'ok lets see' and whoa!
no mind them jare
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chidexxy007(m): 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2016
R2bees:
lol, but na lie... My only problem b say na this Nigeria polithiefcians for dy die then I would have been praying for him to score in every matchday.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 14, 2016
chidexxy007:

lol, but na lie... My only problem b say na this Nigeria polithiefcians for dy die then I would have been praying for him to score in every matchday.
as in eeh. Not only during matchdays, make he dey score in training join sef, if that one happen. I will go and buy playstation and use him as striker make he score plenty goals so that those our polithiefcians go dy die one by one...I go dy use am dey play penalty everyday.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 12:34am On Jan 15, 2016

Mesut Ozil is crowned the 2015 German national team player of the year, Thomas Muller comes 2nd
Mesut Ozil has won an award today, as he’s been crowned the 2015 German national team player of the year.

The title is voted for by fans, and the Arsenal man claimed a whopping 45.9 percent of the vote.

According to the official German national team website, more than 51,000 fans voted for the Gunners star.

Second in the running was Bayern Munich forward Thomas Muller. He acquired 15.9 percent of the votes.

In perhaps something of a surprise, Cologne’s 25-year-old left back Jonas Hector, who has 10 caps for Germany overall, ranked third with 13.6 percent of the vote.

Mesut Ozil played in eight of Germany’s nine international matches in 2015.

In those eight games Ozil clocked a total of 92.71 kilometers running for his country: an average of 11.59 kilometers every 90 minutes.

The Gunners star had 14 shots for Germany in 2015, while he laid claim to six assists in 8 games too.

This is the third time in four years Ozil has picked up the award. He won it in 2011, 2012 and 2013 as well.

Ozilia
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:29am On Jan 15, 2016
edoyad:

Ozilia

This news go give Dayo heart attack grin grin

45.9% to second placed 15.9%, the gap no be here oooooo..and to imagine say the bulk of the voters are resident in Germany where Muller is King.hmmmmmmmmmmmm grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 8:23am On Jan 15, 2016
Roland17:

This news go give Dayo heart attack grin grin

45.9% to second placed 15.9%, the gap no be here oooooo..and to imagine say the bulk of the voters are resident in Germany where Muller is King.hmmmmmmmmmmmm grin grin grin grin

And yet... he thinks he's a reject...

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chidexxy007(m): 8:55am On Jan 15, 2016
R2bees:
as in eeh. Not only during matchdays, make he dey score in training join sef, if that one happen. I will go and buy playstation and use him as striker make he score plenty goals so that those our polithiefcians go dy die one by one...I go dy use am dey play penalty everyday.
lol.... true talk bro.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chidexxy007(m): 9:21am On Jan 15, 2016
edoyad:

Ozilia
so one guy wit 10caps was 3rd...issorit. which number Boateng b shaaa
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 15, 2016
iPopAlomo:

And yet... he thinks he's a reject...
You thought I was trolling WHen I called raumdeuter a dunce

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) ... (3532) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.