Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,710 members, 7,831,221 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (931) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2333002 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (928) (929) (930) (931) (932) (933) (934) ... (3519) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 02, 2016
sod09:
lol
Explain
Cozza is box to box, and for some reasons I c Xhaka as same. Coupled with the fact that Xhaka is fond of mistiming his tackles, I don't need to tell u We'll suffer defensively.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ColtPython(m): 12:37pm On Nov 02, 2016
Defensively, who is better between El Neny and Xhaka?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:17pm On Nov 02, 2016
ColtPython:
Ramsey go just dey bomb forward like brainless ram grin
Arsene seems to like it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 1:55pm On Nov 02, 2016
spy360 and co will form like they didnt see a Pep coached team outplay and outshoot Barcelona yesterday
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 3:56pm On Nov 02, 2016
raumdeuter:
spy360 and co will form like they didnt see a Pep coached team outplay and outshoot Barcelona yesterday

We're also going to pretend like we didn't see the best DM in biscuits get destroyed...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 4:11pm On Nov 02, 2016
iPopAlomo:
We're also going to pretend like we didn't see the best DM in biscuits get destroyed...

Probably because Pep deployed superior tactics something Wenger, Pellegrini and other Barca victims in the past were not able to figure how to do
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:03pm On Nov 02, 2016
raumdeuter:

I think Pep is a brilliant coach. We should just not over-rate him. He lost last time, but this time he won against the same team. Similar to when his Bayern won at the Emirates 3-1 but lost at Alianz 0-2 to Arsenal.

He is a very good coach but not exceptional. Right now there are no exceptional coaches, everyone is beatable. We only have a class of very good coaches, and Pep is there.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:07pm On Nov 02, 2016
raumdeuter:

Probably because Pep deployed superior tactics something Wenger, Pellegrini and other Barca victims in the past were not able to figure how to do
Maybe you have not considered personel in your analogy. And by the way, Wenger has defeated Barca and Bayern some few times as well.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 7:03pm On Nov 02, 2016
Scripture

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 10:43pm On Nov 02, 2016
raumdeuter:

So Arsene Wenger never beat Pep...? At Barca and at Bayern Munich...?!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:34am On Nov 03, 2016
This morning I was just thinking 'how many fans in the world would love that Ozil-goal?'.

I am pretty sure two people wouldn't- Kroenke and Gazidis.

It would cost them £100k more every week from next summer and a 'shut your mouth' negotiation with Ozil's agent.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:48am On Nov 03, 2016
Spy360:
This morning I was just thinking 'how many fans in the world would love that Ozil-goal?'.

I am pretty sure two people wouldn't- Kroenke and Gazidis.

It would cost them £100k more every week from next summer and a 'shut your mouth' negotiation with Ozil's agent.

told u day are assholes
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 03, 2016
Spy360:

I think Pep is a brilliant coach. We should just not over-rate him. He lost last time, but this time he won against the same team. Similar to when his Bayern won at the Emirates 3-1 but lost at Alianz 0-2 to Arsenal

He is a very good coach but not exceptional. Right now there are no exceptional coaches, everyone is beatable. We only have a class of very good coaches, and Pep is there.

Good!!

At last cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 2:21pm On Nov 03, 2016
Spy360:

I think Pep is a brilliant coach. We should just not over-rate him. He lost last time, but this time he won against the same team. Similar to when his Bayern won at the Emirates 3-1 but lost at Alianz 0-2 to Arsenal.

First that wasn't Pep Bayern that was Juup Heynckes Bayern

So in the history of football for over a 100yrs has there been any coach who wasnt beatable?, Or you mean there have been no exceptional coach ever in the history of football.

If you mean that there have never in history been an exceptional coach then is Pep God that he should be unbeatable?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:49pm On Nov 03, 2016
raumdeuter:

First that wasn't Pep Bayern that was Juup Heynckes Bayern

So in the history of football for over a 100yrs has there been any coach who wasnt beatable?, Or you mean there have been no exceptional coach ever in the history of football.

If you mean that there have never in history been an exceptional coach then is Pep God that he should be unbeatable?
Winning Laliga or Bundesliga with teams like Barca and Bayern possessing such calibre of players is only doing the obvious. Any average coach can achieve that.

So without counting those, an exceptional coach is one who is the major reason for his team's success and who does that consistently at least over a period of time. In other words, one must do EXCEPTIONAL things to be an exceptional manager.

Sir Alex Ferguson was an exceptional manager, especially in 1999. Wenger was an exceptional manager in 2004, same as Jose.

I absolutely have no reason to view Pep as an exceptional manager so far UNTIL IF HE CAN WIN THE TREBLE with Man City at the least considering the array of talent at his disposal.

Had he been unbeaten in the league, I'd say OK let him win it just as Arsene did in 2004, but that has been defeated already.

No doubt he is a very good manager, but as yet he hasn't done anything exceptional.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 3:59pm On Nov 03, 2016
Claudio rainieri is an exceptional manager till date.... Day won d epl last season ND remain unbeaten even yet to concede
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:39am On Nov 04, 2016
sod09:
Claudio rainieri is an exceptional manager till date.... Day won d epl last season ND remain unbeaten even yet to concede
Yes last season he won the league with a low budget and average players.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ColtPython(m): 10:23am On Nov 04, 2016
sod09:

Unbeaten?

Yet to concede?

undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 11:42am On Nov 04, 2016
ColtPython:

Unbeaten?

Yet to concede?

undecided
ucl
Egbon
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by barackohandso(m): 11:45am On Nov 04, 2016
ColtPython:

Unbeaten?

Yet to concede?

undecided

In the UCL
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:33pm On Nov 04, 2016
It looks like Ramsey will replace Cazorla against Spurs. Won't sound nice for some people.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chrisooblog: 3:34pm On Nov 04, 2016
i disagree with you bro Pep is most definitely an exceptional manager.

at the time he was appointed barca was at a low period in their history. he came in with relatively no experience yet transformed the playing style, turning them into a footballing force of nature. you might say ''o but he had messi'' but he was intelligent enough to know in which position messi would truly flourish. like ferguson did with c.ronaldo and wenger with theirry henry. Pep showed that football as much as is all about results can be achieved in a beautiful way.

even his stint at bayern was not just routine like you are trying to paint it. before pep came bayern was not as dominant. dortmund won a couple of bundesliga titles of bayern before Pep came. even the great juup heynkeyes (sorry if i spelt it wrong) struggled to win 3 bundesliga titles back to back in style. everyone says pep had a poor time at bayern munich yet he won an average of 2-3 titles per season. if that is poor then may a poor manager like pep handle my team. no EPL experience yet his team is top of the league where more seasoned EPL veterans like wenger, pocchentino, mourinho (lol) are playing second fiddle. give it to pep na tactical guru.

Spy360:

Winning Laliga or Bundesliga with teams like Barca and Bayern possessing such calibre of players is only doing the obvious. Any average coach can achieve that.

So without counting those, an exceptional coach is one who is the major reason for his team's success and who does that consistently at least over a period of time. In other words, one must do EXCEPTIONAL things to be an exceptional manager.

Sir Alex Ferguson was an exceptional manager, especially in 1999. Wenger was an exceptional manager in 2004, same as Jose.

I absolutely have no reason to view Pep as an exceptional manager so far UNTIL IF HE CAN WIN THE TREBLE with Man City at the least considering the array of talent at his disposal.

Had he been unbeaten in the league, I'd say OK let him win it just as Arsene did in 2004, but that has been defeated already.

No doubt he is a very good manager, but as yet he hasn't done anything exceptional.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2016
Spy360:

Was Ferguson very beatable in his time at Man Utd that was why he won only 2 CL in 20yrs

Wenger exceptional yet he didnt win any EUropean trophy in his entire career. Jose was very beatable at every time in his career

You stated that a manager cant be exceptional if he is beatable yet you are giving us a list of very beatable managers and calling them exceptional
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:06pm On Nov 04, 2016
raumdeuter:

Was Ferguson very beatable in his time at Man Utd that was why he won only 2 CL in 20yrs

Wenger exceptional yet he didnt win any EUropean trophy in his entire career. Jose was very beatable at every time in his career

You stated that a manager cant be exceptional if he is beatable yet you are giving us a list of very beatable managers and calling them exceptional
There is a difference between beatable and beaten. Wenger was beatable in 2004, but was unbeaten.

This little understanding could end this.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 4:22pm On Nov 04, 2016
Spy360:

There is a difference between beatable and beaten. Wenger was beatable in 2004, but was unbeaten.

This little understanding could end this.

So why didnt he win the treble in 2004?

Or why didnt Ferguson win more than 2 CL in his 20yrs at Man utd if he was not beatable
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:33pm On Nov 04, 2016
chrisooblog:
i disagree with you bro Pep is most definitely an exceptional manager.

at the time he was appointed barca was at a low period in their history. he came in with relatively no experience yet transformed the playing style, turning them into a footballing force of nature. you might say ''o but he had messi'' but he was intelligent enough to know in which position messi would truly flourish. like ferguson did with c.ronaldo and wenger with theirry henry. Pep showed that football as much as is all about results can be achieved in a beautiful way.

even his stint at bayern was not just routine like you are trying to paint it. before pep came bayern was not as dominant. dortmund won a couple of bundesliga titles of bayern before Pep came. even the great juup heynkeyes (sorry if i spelt it wrong) struggled to win 3 bundesliga titles back to back in style. everyone says pep had a poor time at bayern munich yet he won an average of 2-3 titles per season. if that is poor then may a poor manager like pep handle my team. no EPL experience yet his team is top of the league where more seasoned EPL veterans like wenger, pocchentino, mourinho (lol) are playing second fiddle. give it to pep na tactical guru.

From your point of view, Blanc too was exceptional. Enrique that was a flop at Roma and Celta Vigo is exceptional. Nonsense.

Any average manager can win titles with Barca and Bayern. That is not exceptional.

If an exceptional coach is in Barca or Bayern he should not just win the titles, he should also do it unbeaten. That is because already, he has the best squad by a mile.

If Barca beat Celta 5-0, that is no news. If Celta beat Barca 1-0, that is news. An exceptional coach should never lose a game if he is coach of Barca. sad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:40pm On Nov 04, 2016
raumdeuter:

So why didnt he win the treble in 2004?

Or why didnt Ferguson win more than 2 CL in his 20yrs at Man utd if he was not beatable
Understand my point please.

Take United as they are now, if a manager comes in now and takes them to the top of the league by end of season without additional spending, that becomes an exceptional achievement.

Could Pep become an exceptional manager? Yes.
If he can win the league and UCL with this City team.

If he wins just the league, I don't see how that makes him exceptional, a blipping Pellegrini did so.

Blanc won league titles for fun at PSG yet got sacked. Why? He had resources not to just win the French league (any asshole can) but to also win the UCL. Had he won the CL, he would still be PSG manager today. Get it?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 4:42pm On Nov 04, 2016
Spy360:

From your point of view, Blanc too was exceptional. Enrique that was a flop at Roma and Celta Vigo is exceptional. Nonsense.

Any average manager can win titles with Barca and Bayern. That is not exceptional.

If an exceptional coach is in Barca or Bayern he should not just win the titles, he should also do it unbeaten. That is because already, he has the best squad by a mile.

If Barca beat Celta 5-0, that is no news. If Celta beat Barca 1-0, that is news. An exceptional coach should never lose a game if he is coach of Barca. sad

I agree with this logic 100%... Wenger beat Heyneckes's Bayern(not sure i spelt his name correctly) and Pep's Barca with Djourou playing 5...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2016
Spy360:

Understand my point please.

Take United as they are now, if a manager comes in now and takes them to the top of the league by end of season without additional spending, that becomes an exceptional achievement.

Could Pep become an exceptional manager? Yes.
If he can win the league and UCL with this City team.

If he wins just the league, I don't see how that makes him exceptional, a blipping Pellegrini did so.

Blanc won league titles for fun at PSG yet got sacked. Why? He had resources not to just win the French league (any asshole can) but to also win the UCL. Had he won the CL, he would still be PSG manager today. Get it?

Was Arsenal not winning the league before Wenger came in?

Before Pep joined Barcelona they had finished 2 seasons trophyless and finished almost 20points behind the league winners

Pep joined them and won the sextuple in his first season despite selling Ronaldinho and Deco
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chrisooblog: 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2016
Pray tell what makes Wenger and Ferguson exceptional? Did Blanc win 6 titles in his first season as manager like pep?

Like Dayo said where is it written a great manager can't lose a match?

Enrique had a solid foundation laid for him. Pep came and revolutionized the way barca. Replaced stalwarts like Deco, Ronaldinho etc with untested youth like Pedro, busquets etc transformed Messi into the beast of a player he is today

Spy360:

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by barackohandso(m): 6:00pm On Nov 04, 2016
Spy360:

Wow what a comment! I wonder how any football fan can think in this manner, except if you're joking tho. If any manager can win trophies with Barca, how come Tata Martino won nothing during his time there?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by barackohandso(m): 6:21pm On Nov 04, 2016
This Spy360 is a real clown. Guess this is what a lack of the UCL title and many years of trophylessness does to fans of a club. Where is it written that you don't have to lose a league game to be considered exceptional as a manager? Winning is winning, so Ranieri's league triumph with Leicester city last season isn't any different from Wenger's 2004 triumph, there's no special medal given for going unbeaten. Your Wenger that can't even make the semi final of the UCL more than twice in his career is who you're comparing to Guardiola?
Talking about coaching Barcelona, you can only coach what's in front of you (with the players you have at your disposal), it takes only a genius manager to turn a promising young talent like Messi into a world beater by moving him to the middle from the flanks, turn Sergio Busquets into one of the greatest DM of this generation (even dispatched an already established Yaya Toure). He did all this with little or no managerial experience.

(1) (2) (3) ... (928) (929) (930) (931) (932) (933) (934) ... (3519) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.