Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Why Don't You Use Wordpress For Your Website? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Don't You Use Wordpress For Your Website? (1248 Views)

Why You Should Use Wordpress For Your Website Design / Can I Use Wordpress In Creating Forum Like Nairaland / Why You Should Use Wordpress For Your Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't You Use Wordpress For Your Website? by Manuelcrc(m): 12:41am On Nov 25, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I've gone through a couple of websites I found here and I've discovered that most if not all are HTML-based,

My question now is: Is it that people are ignorant about WordPress powered blogs or they are just not comfortable with it? My blog is WordPress-powered and I can't seem to explain the benefits enough.

So I'm kind of surprised that people still pay high prices for static web pages.

I would love to know your take on this,

Thanks!
Re: Why Don't You Use Wordpress For Your Website? by greenmouse(m): 4:16pm On Nov 25, 2011
I think one should only make a website CMS based depending on what the site is all about.

Like this client of mine wanted a website for her company (1) and a blog site (2) for blogging purposes which i did on wordpress CMS, so i did it intwo ways but they are all in one, just ckeck out (1) and (2).

1) www.edgenominees.com

2) www.edgenominees.com/edgeweb
Re: Why Don't You Use Wordpress For Your Website? by yawatide(f): 7:18pm On Nov 25, 2011
OP:

Though I will agree to you, to an extent, that it may have to do with ignorance, I will also beg to differ in a few ways:

1) You don't blow up a building to fix a leak in the roof:
If I do a site for someone and at best, it is updated say, once a month, there is no point for a CMS.

2) Capitalism at its best:
If you can convince a client that they are better off having you do the site updating, as opposed to doing it yourself, why not? Hey, it's more money in your pocket

3) Other solutions:
I for one consider myself lazy and so always go for the shortcut. Again, in the rare ocassion where the client insist that they be able to update their sites themselves, I will use a CMS. Otherwise, given #2 above, I would rather use a tool like disqus.
Re: Why Don't You Use Wordpress For Your Website? by Afam4eva(m): 9:33am On Nov 26, 2011
Why should use a CMS for a static website. IT all depends on the nature of the site. You don't expect me to use a CMS for a read only 5 page webste.
Re: Why Don't You Use Wordpress For Your Website? by moderatorr: 6:26am On Nov 28, 2011
HERE ARE THE TWO MAIN REASONS
1. installing cmses for people doesnt make you a web designer.
2. one day they will discover that you charged them so much, to install something that is totally free and can be learnt in few minutes - you cheated them.
3. Creating a static page here and a forum there, then a blog there sounds like an uncordinated attack!
Pls dont call yourself a web designer until you can roll your own templates.
Dont call yourself a web developer until you can roll your own forum, blog and dynamic elements like search and forms.
No one got rich installing wordpress.
Re: Why Don't You Use Wordpress For Your Website? by yilia: 9:28am On Dec 23, 2013
I use wordpress for my site and I love Wordpress.
There are lots of free wordpress themes and plugins for you to use for website design.
And the one I use is Zippy which I downloaded from Mageewp.
Re: Why Don't You Use Wordpress For Your Website? by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 23, 2013
Manuelcrc: Hi Everyone,

I've gone through a couple of websites I found here and I've discovered that most if not all are HTML-based,

My question now is: Is it that people are ignorant about WordPress powered blogs or they are just not comfortable with it? My blog is WordPress-powered and I can't seem to explain the benefits enough.

So I'm kind of surprised that people still pay high prices for static web pages.

I would love to know your take on this,

Thanks!

In this age, no site is html based, or what did u see that u r saying "html based" its either they are using one of the 4 popular CMS or they built their own CMS.

Besides, people use Wordpress to build websites nowadays, SO PLS DON'T SAY WORDPRESS POWERED BLOGS, say websites,

(1) (Reply)

Can You Build This Website? / Did/does This Site Scrape Nigerian Newspaper Websites? / [How To]Backup And Download Data From Orkut Before Its Shut Down By Google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.