Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,682 members, 7,827,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph (9371 Views)

Ogun Crash Update: OOU Students Storm Mortuary, Snatch Corpses / Neighbour Insists Murdered Silverbird Staff Was Pregnant For Man Who Killed Her / Photos: Armed Robbers Storm Access Bank In Agbor; Kill 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:41pm On Nov 25, 2011
I need to buy myself a gun for protection too
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by texazzpete(m): 12:42pm On Nov 25, 2011
pawa4ul:

[b]Mbulela, Please don't mind all these pple who will just generalise things cos they were lucky that they have either not being a victim or had a friend/relative as victim. We do  not pray for that anyway.

@Obinna, it is either that you do not live in PHC or you do not have any news giving media around you.

PHC is not safe at all for now. Let us stop painting a fake pix of our town. The pace of crime in the city is so alarming that ppl are afraid of even moving these days. In Trans Amadi some wks back, it was a hell f sporadic shooting. It was gun sound display at Rukpokwu, it a maybe a granade charade at the Everyday supermarket.  These ones are the very obvious ones.

The worst of it is that the news kinda slow on the diseminating of theseinfo, maybe for political or whatever reason.
Let the govt step up and ensure the lives of the citizens in PHC is safe.

If you make a random sampling of pples opinion currently, you will find that the residents of PHC are somehow declining their participation in the forth coming RIV carnival for security fears[/b].

Please let us aspire to post intelligent comments here on Nairaland.
the point is not whether Port Harcourt is safe or unsafe. The topic under discussion is whether the incident reported by the OP actually happened.

So far, the OP is yet to provide any concrete evidence that this occurred, so sound minds will take this with a pinch of salt for now.
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by papaejima2: 1:04pm On Nov 25, 2011
@mbulela, the onus is not on anyone to prove your story false but the onus is on you to prove that your story is true which you have not done so far. Wednesdays are the most crowded days in Silverbird Port Harcourt and it is expected that if such an incidence occurred, some one in this forum could have witnessed it and collaborated your story. You have not made any clarification as to whether the said incidence occurred outside the premises or inside the premises. You keep referring other posters to the said victim when you could have just posted a link from any news medium to substantiate your claim. There is no way, all the whole news media will blackout an incidence of that magnitude.

As for those always blowing the crime rate in Nigeria out of proportion, I don't think there is any city that does not witness a gun crime EVERYDAY but you still see our people residing there and never pass the kind of comments they make when similar incidents occur in Nigeria. Considering that we have a non-existent Police here in Nigeria, gun crime rate is actually low compared to countries like South Africa and United States.

Any Nigerian in diaspora that does not want to come back is free to remain wherever he/she is but should not use insecurity as an excuse. Those "making it" abroad are always coming back and the real reason some never come back might be financially or immigration related. Those offered lucrative appointments (like Aganga, Okonjo-Iweala, etc) do not refuse to come back home because of insecurity. I swear that most of you would run back home if offered even a councillorship position.
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by baslone: 1:40pm On Nov 25, 2011
Crime happens everywhere!!!! Stop making it sound like it's a culture down here.

Another new one

A Nigerian taxi driver, Moses Ayanwole (41), married with a child and based in Hartstown, west Dublin, Republic of Ireland, has died after being attacked in his taxi by a passenger at about 12.30am on Monday Nov 21.

Moses was punched in the head, and he fell heavily on to the ground as his taxi was parked on Pearse Street near Erne Street junction. After the attack, he fell into a coma and died yesterday at St. James’s Hospital in Dublin after suffering serious head injuries.

It is believed that a large group of people flagged down the taxi, but the victim told them he could not take them all. There was a brief discussion and the group got out of the car and flagged down another taxi. But one man stayed behind and exchanged words with the taxi driver. As he was leaving, Mr. Ayanwole was punched and fell.

His attacker, a 20 something yr old, was initially arrested and released without charge, but with Ayanwole’s death, police are planning to re-arrest him on manslaughter charges. A post-mortem will be carried out to pinpoint the exact cause of death.

http://sturvs.com/352009/
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by kl2020: 2:33pm On Nov 25, 2011
Armed men stormed Silverbird in Port Harcourt days ago and one of their victims, a young female house officer is lying critically ill in the hospital presently. Poor girl returned to Nigeria months back to do her house job due to parental pressure and now she must be wondering if she did not make a mistake.
The spate of robberies in PH and even kidnapping is begin to get alarming again.
I hope Amaechi is not spending all his time in Abuja soliciting for clemency for Sylva while Port Harcourt is being raided by bandits?

DID THE ARMED MEN ALSO STEAL THIER PHONES?
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by mbulela: 2:38pm On Nov 25, 2011
papa ejima:

@mbulela, the onus is not on anyone to prove your story false but the onus is on you to prove that your story is true which you have not done so far. Wednesdays are the most crowded days in Silverbird Port Harcourt and it is expected that if such an incidence occurred, some one in this forum could have witnessed it and collaborated your story. You have not made any clarification as to whether the said incidence occurred outside the premises or inside the premises. You keep referring other posters to the said victim when you could have just posted a link from any news medium to substantiate your claim. There is no way, all the whole news media will blackout an incidence of that magnitude.

your ignorance is alarming.
what warped link are you looking for?
I know the victim. you want me to pick her picture with a hole in her chest?
do you know how much violent crime happen in Nigeria and never find there way to the media?
If every violent crime ws carried by the media,you think there will be anything else in the papers?
guy/gal, i am not here no convince you on anything as i am not in a court of law. I simply posted to draw attention to the increasing spate of violent crime in PH.
Keep waiting for a link to substantiate my post.
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by kodewrita(m): 2:59pm On Nov 25, 2011
sad  there goes my evenings. Time to get that X-box. [size=4pt]where else do we take the girls now on a wednesday evening?[/size]
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by otokx(m): 3:25pm On Nov 25, 2011
I doubt the authenticity of this story
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by Maximip(m): 3:32pm On Nov 25, 2011
kodewrita:

sad  there goes my evenings. Time to get that X-box. [size=4pt]where else do we take the girls now on a wednesday evening?[/size]

[size=4pt]stay at home and make her some dinner then proceed to the bedroom for some dessert[/size]

1 Like

Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by dadicvila(m): 3:49pm On Nov 25, 2011
it indeed happened,i heard it on COOL FM PH with my 2 big ears, anybody can call them and confirm, these are indeed tough times,close to 20 mobile policemen have been wasted in PH in the past 1 month by armed bandits, Na God hand we dey
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by publisher(m): 3:54pm On Nov 25, 2011
mbulela:

your ignorance is alarming.
what warped link are you looking for?
I know the victim. you want me to pick her picture with a hole in her chest?
do you know how much violent crime happen in Nigeria and never find there way to the media?
If every violent crime ws carried by the media,you think there will be anything else in the papers?
guy/gal, i am not here no convince you on anything as i am not in a court of law. I simply posted to draw attention to the increasing spate of violent crime in PH.
Keep waiting for a link to substantiate my post.

[size=15pt]I'm beginning to think that your victim/friend hasnt told you exactly what happened. A lot of PH guys are on Nairaland,and no one has seconded your story. If she was attacked outside Silverbird premises maybe at the car park or on another street,fine. But did armed men enter a movie mall filled with people,single out ur friend,rob and beat her silly. Is that what you are telling us here?
O'l boy,u don confuse peeps o. grin    E be like say ur friend don waka bad waka,i'm just saying! cool[/size]
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by publisher(m): 3:57pm On Nov 25, 2011
dadicvila:

it indeed happened,i heard it on COOL FM PH with my 2 big ears, anybody can call them and confirm, these are indeed tough times,close to 20 mobile policemen have been wasted in PH in the past 1 month by armed bandits, Na God hand we dey

[size=15pt]What exactly happened please,did they enter silverbird,select,rob and beat up just one single lady or where there other victims. Abeg,i really wanna know.[/size]
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by blank(f): 4:23pm On Nov 25, 2011
This story get K - leg. Can someone with authentic info give us the full gist?
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by otokx(m): 4:27pm On Nov 25, 2011
My sister was at the 6.40 movie and left silver bird quarter to 9pm on Wednesday; all was clear. The story now goes that it was stray bullet that hit the house officer whose last point of call was silver bird, moreover the shots were heard around that area but not necessarily within the premises, not even in the car park so the topic is misleading.
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by obinna222: 5:06pm On Nov 25, 2011
@ Mbulela. I suggest that you get your facts rights and stop mis-leading people.

There was no incident of armed men storming Silverbird Ph.

Provide me with your evidence. It is very immoral to carry false rumours.
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by obinna222: 5:15pm On Nov 25, 2011
Cool FM reported a news that they do not have any evidence to back. How can @ Mbulela confirm his story? The police and other security, including the staffs of Silverbird PH arent are not aware of any armed invasion at their premises.

So fellow Nairalanders, lets always confirm our stories before we broadcast.

There is no doubt that the festive period comes with all sorts of crime and insecurity. Thats why we all should be vigilant.
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by sonyjacobs(m): 7:24pm On Nov 25, 2011
The truth of the matter is that crime rate in naija is increasing everyday. bank robbery,kidnaping,ritual killings,arm robery etc. I have a relative who lives in europe and is scared 2 come becos of kidnapers. even a reverend father was kidnap close to my area
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by dadicvila(m): 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2011
the headline is a bit misleading though, the bandits dint storm Silver Bird Cinemas,there was a shootout around that area and she hapens to be a victim,mayb she encountered them after leaving the cinema
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by okooyinbo(m): 8:09pm On Nov 25, 2011
When Crime happens in Nigeria and it is reported, a lot of these silly Nigerians always come up with this excuse that it happens everywhere. To telll it to You categorically, that bleeped up country called NIGERIA is a hell of a place. Nigeria is crime ridden. Even if crimes happen everywhere, not at any rate comparable to Nigeria.

I have been almost 20 years in Germany, and I would not say crime does not occur here. However, if crime occurs, the police will investigate the matter and are likely to get the offender. You can hardly say that of Nigeria. Even if they get the "right" offender, the likelihood that he is charged to court is alsmost zero. He just settles them. We were robbed on October 1st in Obanikoro at gun point last year on the busy Ikorodu road (service lane) at about 9 pm. We went to the police, so what did they do? They just took our statement, and we were asked to come back the following day. When we went there on the following day, nobody found the notes that was taken the night before, so we were bound to make another statement. Infact, they were just asking us to come today, come tomorrow. I have to go to the Pedro Police Station Shomolu several times, and pay not a small amount for me to get the much needed police report typed and printed at the nearby business center. Nigeria is a crime den! The situation is really pathetic. If you have not been robbed and mishandled and made to part with ur valuables, you will not understand. And that is the bane of the palaver that has hindered the overdued overhauling of the NIGERIAN POLICING SYSTEM.

A fallacy a lot of  Nigerian LOVER committ, and including OP is to heap the blame of security failure on the GOVERNORs. Tell me, which Governor control the NIGERIAN POLICE? Such a large country like Nigeria to be policed from Abuja is one of the reasons for the failure of the security system in that Country. Crime in Nigeria is unprecedentally high! If crimes at the rate it happens Nigeria would also happen here in Germany for instance, we would be having high fences like a lot of Neighbourhoods have in Nigeria. Nigeria could be a fun place to be, but nevertheless a really dangerous place indeed.
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 26, 2011
publisher:

[size=15pt]SPOT ON JARE. Surely, Naija get enuff wahala. However, the way some Nigerians suffering abroad love to elevate one off bad incidences in Nigeria in order to justify their mediocre lifestyles abroad is amazing.

Please,Please,Ileke-IdI & co,dont come back to Nigeria,things are very bad now o,infact humans are being eaten at the entrance of Muritala Mohammed Airport in Lagos.

Yeye pipo grin grin[/size]
Abeg dont just mind some of these ppl.They act as if its only in nigeria that crime occurs.Take for example in the USA.Its for common for someone to walk into a coffee shop and pull out a gun and starts shooting at anything moving.This occurs on a routine basis.At least some yrs back there was a court shooting incident were a black american man with a pistol walked into a court and shot at the judge and onlookers while trying to shoot his way out.What of the story i read about a german woman who walked into a hospital shooting randomly at the staffs with an ak 47 b4 she was gunned down.
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 26, 2011
Some ppl act as if nigeria its the only place in the world were crime occurs
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by Arn96: 4:04pm On Nov 26, 2011
Armed robbery and kidnapping never stopped in Port Harcourt it was only the publicity that reduced.
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by OROZ(m): 1:01pm On Nov 27, 2011
Most of d commnts we make concernng our great nation is'nt good, if anybody knws any perfect place apart from heaven which we all most have heard of and is striving to get there, i dont tink their is any country without crime, come to talk of it most of the crimes we learnt it from d western world, and as fast learners we now take it 2 another level making it look like we're d worst, remember we are still very young as a country if we talk about democratic govt, for me nigeria is a great nation that cant be compared with any country in the would, if u doubt me i proof it to u, reach me at bob_oroz@yahoo.com 4 real facks

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNIZIK Student Reportedly Kidnapped In Anambra / SPY On Anyone / Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.