Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,318 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph (9359 Views)

Ogun Crash Update: OOU Students Storm Mortuary, Snatch Corpses / Neighbour Insists Murdered Silverbird Staff Was Pregnant For Man Who Killed Her / Photos: Armed Robbers Storm Access Bank In Agbor; Kill 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by mbulela: 8:18am On Nov 25, 2011
Armed men stormed Silverbird in Port Harcourt days ago and one of their victims, a young female house officer is lying critically ill in the hospital presently. Poor girl returned to Nigeria months back to do her house job due to parental pressure and now she must be wondering if she did not make a mistake.
The spate of robberies in PH and even kidnapping is begin to get alarming again.
I hope Amaechi is not spending all his time in Abuja soliciting for clemency for Sylva while Port Harcourt is being raided by bandits?
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by Demdem(m): 8:22am On Nov 25, 2011
was the raid at night or during the day? when exactly please?
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 25, 2011
mbulela:

Armed men stormed Silverbird in Port Harcourt days ago and one of their victims, a young female house officer is lying critically ill in the hospital presently. Poor girl returned to Nigeria months back to do her house job [size=18pt]due to parental pressure [/size]and now she must be wondering if she did not make a mistake.
The spate of robberies in PH and even kidnapping is begin to get alarming again.
I hope Amaechi is not spending all his time in Abuja soliciting for clemency for Sylva while Port Harcourt is being raided by bandits?

Plz post an article make I show this woman wey no go let me rest about visiting Naija this summer.
No be me go stp on that soil, well ateast when "breathing and living" is no longer a crime.
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by mbulela: 9:06am On Nov 25, 2011
Demdem:

was the raid at night or during the day? when exactly please?
they went to watch 8pm movie few days back.
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by Demdem(m): 9:10am On Nov 25, 2011
Jeez, movie watchers aren't safe again even inside the viewing hall. Thanks for the info.
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by cicero(m): 9:33am On Nov 25, 2011
The stories coming out of Port Harcourt everyday is frightening. Governor Amaechi seems to have shifted his focus on other things.
I still wonder why someone will decide to come back to Nigeria if they are surviving in any other country, it's crazy to me.
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by mbulela: 10:13am On Nov 25, 2011
the robbers wore masks.
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by segunjowo(m): 10:37am On Nov 25, 2011
Boys dey vex. dem need money for this xmas lol. But on a serious note, do people need to rub to do xmas? you can do xmas without killing or robbery, I mean, even if you don't have money to cook that day, walk up to your friends and relatives, there is plenty to eat, everywhere. God will help us in Nigeria.
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by Okijajuju1(m): 10:48am On Nov 25, 2011
That Silverbird area is a potentially volatile area and I wonder where the Checkpoint guys were?
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by otokx(m): 10:49am On Nov 25, 2011
Are you sure of this?
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by Carshopper(m): 11:01am On Nov 25, 2011
pls get facts rite, 2 days ago wld b wednesday, i ws at silverbird ph @ abt dat time, saw a 9.30 movie n every time ws normal
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by logica(m): 11:02am On Nov 25, 2011
The comments here are funny. In 2007 a man went to a movie theater at Randallstown, MD and got up during the movie brought out a gun and shot several people in the audience before killing himself. Interestingly I went to the SAME movie theater a few weeks afterwards. If I were to choose, I think I prefer the prospects of being robbed at gun-point than being shot without warning or provocation, in the back of the head by a psycho which often occurs in the US.
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by mbulela: 11:12am On Nov 25, 2011
otokx:

Are you sure of this?
I am sure of this.
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by dustydee: 11:16am On Nov 25, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Plz post an article make I show this woman wey no go let me rest about visiting Naija this summer.
No be me go stp on that soil, well ateast when "breathing and living" is no longer a crime.
safety is of the Lord, no where is safe. I bet you more people die in the US due to armed robbery than in Nigeria.
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by mbulela: 11:18am On Nov 25, 2011
Carshopper:

pls get facts rite, 2 days ago wld b wednesday, i ws at silverbird ph @ abt dat time, saw a 9.30 movie n every time ws normal
It could have happened before the 8pm movie or after it. they could have been shot outside the viewing halls or inside.
that everything seemed normal is no proof that nothing happened.
The fact according to the victims is that they were there to watch a 8pm movie.
Do you want me to give you the girl's name and the hospital where she presently is, so you can go and interview her?
I am more worried aboutthe growing spat of violence in PH.
these are the ones we getto hear about.what of those we do not hear of?
I know 2 persons who have been kidnapped in PH in the last few months.
several persons trailed from the bank in recent weeks.
it was not this bad last year.
Amaechi needs to step up his game security wise.
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by mbulela: 11:20am On Nov 25, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

many people have been returning home and only have good tales to share.
Many people would not leave elsewhere but South Africa and there are those who have been robbed on their only visit there.
It is all in God's hands.
Come home and enjoy yourself.
At least it is only a visit.
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by obinna222: 11:27am On Nov 25, 2011
Hello everyone, the story is false. I visit this place everyday and there has been no incident as such.

I wonder why people go about carrying false information.

Poster, please always clarify your information before you start broadcasting
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by 2kurupt(m): 11:28am On Nov 25, 2011
@Logical. Spot on! Nigeria is still safer than most countries the world over, the Nigerians who travel out & suddenly feel that we all here are 419ers, suicide bombers & kidnappers are just plain silly. These crimes are not peculiar or worst in our country
@OP stop spreading rumours, get your facts right before posting trash on the internet
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by Baawaa(m): 11:31am On Nov 25, 2011
It happens everywhere.Lol
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by mbulela: 11:34am On Nov 25, 2011
obinna 222:

Hello everyone, the story is false. I visit this place everyday and there has been no incident as such.

What proof do you want?
how can you just conclude that it is false.
I await your response.
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by publisher(m): 11:45am On Nov 25, 2011
logica:

The comments here are funny. In 2007 a man went a movie theater at Randallstown, MD and got up during the movie brought out a gun and shot several people in the audience before killing himself. Interestingly I went to the SAME movie theater a few weeks afterwards. If I were to choose, I think I prefer the prospects of being robbed at gun-point than being shot without warning or provocation, in the back of the head by a psycho which often occurs in the US.

[size=15pt]SPOT ON JARE. Surely, Naija get enuff wahala. However, the way some Nigerians suffering abroad love to elevate one off bad incidences in Nigeria in order to justify their mediocre lifestyles abroad is amazing.

Please,Please,Ileke-IdI & co,dont come back to Nigeria,things are very bad now o,infact humans are being eaten at the entrance of Muritala Mohammed Airport in Lagos.

Yeye pipo grin grin[/size]
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by mbulela: 11:48am On Nov 25, 2011
2kurupt:

@Logical. Spot on! Nigeria is still safer than most countries the world over, the Nigerians who travel out & suddenly feel that we all here are 419ers, suicide bombers & kidnappers are just plain silly. These crimes are not peculiar or worst in our country
@OP stop spreading rumours, get your facts right before posting trash on the internet
obinna 222:

Not everyone trades in lies,either online or in the real world.
Check my history here.
Go to UPTH and find the girl. May be your doubting tendencies will be sorted.
The fact that you go to Silverbird everyday does not prove anything.
The crux of the matter is that security in PH is getting bad again.
I just spoke to one of the consultants who saw her.
I am sure you don't want me to divulge details of her medical records here?
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by publisher(m): 12:02pm On Nov 25, 2011
mbulela:

Not everyone trades in lies,either online or in the real world.
Check my history here.
Go to UPTH and find the girl. May be your doubting tendencies will be sorted.
The fact that you go to Silverbird everyday does not prove anything.
The crux of the matter is that security in PH is getting bad again.
I just spoke to one of the consultants who saw her.
I am sure you don't want me to divulge details of her medical records here?
[size=15pt]What i dont understand is why you posted this story on NL and the silly moderator that made it a headline story. Initially,I thought there was a stick up at Silverbird PH and perhaps hundreds of people where randomly robbed by numerous armed men. Apparently,this was just a mugging and an unfortunate Nigerian lady (visiting from abroad) fell victim. Tourists have been kidnapped,murdered or even raped in Kenya and South Africa,i dont see citizens of those countries elevating such instances and making it look like a national catastrophe. Only Nigerians like doing that.
My heart goes out to the victim though.[/size]
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by logica(m): 12:02pm On Nov 25, 2011
Quite honestly, there are just 2 things that make crimes in Nigeria different from the US:

1. A non-existent Police Force
2. Inability to defend yourself by carrying a weapon

The law has to change so that I can legally carry a weapon. People have said this will lead to more murders, but they seem to forget that a person who intends to kill you does not need a gun. Before guns came along even cave-men committed murder using clubs.
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by publisher(m): 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2011
logica:

Quite honestly, there are just 2 things that make crimes in Nigeria different from the US:

The law has to change so that I can legally carry a weapon. People have said this will lead to more murders, but they seem to forget that a person who intends to kill you does not need a gun. Before guns came along even cave-men committed murder using clubs.

Just shut up,abeg!
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by logica(m): 12:17pm On Nov 25, 2011
publisher:

Just shut up,abeg!
who the fvck are you?
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by publisher(m): 12:18pm On Nov 25, 2011
logica:

who the fvck are you?

Your common sense.
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by pawa4ul: 12:19pm On Nov 25, 2011
[b]Mbulela, Please don't mind all these pple who will just generalise things cos they were lucky that they have either not being a victim or had a friend/relative as victim. We do  not pray for that anyway.

@Obinna, it is either that you do not live in PHC or you do not have any news giving media around you.

PHC is not safe at all for now. Let us stop painting a fake pix of our town. The pace of crime in the city is so alarming that ppl are afraid of even moving these days. In Trans Amadi some wks back, it was a hell f sporadic shooting. It was gun sound display at Rukpokwu, it a maybe a granade charade at the Everyday supermarket.  These ones are the very obvious ones.

The worst of it is that the news kinda slow on the diseminating of theseinfo, maybe for political or whatever reason.
Let the govt step up and ensure the lives of the citizens in PHC is safe.

If you make a random sampling of pples opinion currently, you will find that the residents of PHC are somehow declining their participation in the forth coming RIV carnival for security fears[/b].
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by baslone: 12:26pm On Nov 25, 2011
logica:

AK's in the hands of million jobless youths. shocked

I don't think it's a good idea.
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by araba1(m): 12:28pm On Nov 25, 2011
www. nigerianecho.com
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by logica(m): 12:32pm On Nov 25, 2011
publisher:

Your common sense.
I doubt my commonsense (one word) has less brain cells than I do.
@baslone,
You must think AK47s are free. And FYI hand-guns are usually used for self-defense not an unwieldly rifle. And even hand-guns are not cheap. Jobless people can't afford them.
Re: Armed Men Storm Silverbird Ph by hbrednic: 12:36pm On Nov 25, 2011
8 people were killed yesterday in shagamu by armed robbers,
life and properties are not safe in nigeria,its a pity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dismissed Soldier, Two Others Held For Diesel Theft (photo) / Boys Sold For N450,000 & Girls N150,000 By Kidnappers / SPY On Anyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.