Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy (22936 Views)

What Are The Names Of These Common Nigerian Delicacy Leaves In English? / What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? / Which Would You Consider The Best Nigerian Delicacy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Baawaa(m): 4:30pm On Nov 25, 2011
Iyan lounje oka loogun, kenu maa dile niti guguru,

Baawaa!!
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 25, 2011
Pounded yam and egusi soup, O God
Starch and Banga, say Amen to that
Amala and Ewedu, gbam confam
Akpu and Onugbu, yes fada

Those are the best on this planet.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by PeeBee: 4:38pm On Nov 25, 2011
Akpu with banga soup or egusi soup (with snail, smoked fish, bush meat et al)
Fresh fish pepper soup also.

Superuser:

My native food, though will be strange to many; Pounded yam + Ikowu (cotton seed soup) or Eweluje soup.
heard its very tasty.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Sugardiva(f): 5:24pm On Nov 25, 2011
For me its any of d following:
1. pounded yam and efere affang or abak soup
2. ekpang kukwo
3. edi ta iwa
4. isi ewu and nkwobi
5. bene seed soup
6. abak soup and white rice
7. grilled fish and bole
8. suya
9. akara and bread
10. boiled plantain and avocado pear

, and the list goes on and on
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by mimima(f): 5:34pm On Nov 25, 2011
breadfruit ukwa all the way
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Yorisb: 5:38pm On Nov 25, 2011
Sugardiva:

10. boiled plantain and avocado pear

,  and the list goes on and on

Do u kinda eat them together?
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by ariyebaba(m): 5:51pm On Nov 25, 2011
POUNDED YAM WITH TICK EGUSI SOUP GARNISHED WITH ORISIRISI ( BOKOTO,MEAT,FISH,POMO ETC)

WASHED DOWN WITH A CHILLED PALMWINE. AFTER THAT YOU SLEEP LIKE A BABY.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 25, 2011
Okoho soup embelished with bush meat (preferably, grass-cutter meat) and smoked fish with a well pounded yam.God's gift to man!
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by horny4u(f): 7:45pm On Nov 25, 2011
Stewed huge snails and palm wine.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Eljean(m): 7:54pm On Nov 25, 2011
Well, give up for the Big Head of Fresh Fish nicely served in Hot Pepper Soup or Banga Soup.

What else do you expect?, I am from Delta State na!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Yeske2(m): 8:05pm On Nov 25, 2011
Shuoo! Nobody don hear about grilled point and kill cat fish garnished with sauce, onions, plantain,cabbage etc? I dey go joint now now
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by cynthiafred67(f): 8:45pm On Nov 25, 2011
@op
Pounded yam and well prepared egusi or ogbono soup with bush meat oh my God I will eat 3plate without water and still ask 4 more lol
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by mojounited(m): 9:01pm On Nov 25, 2011
Sugardiva:

1. pounded yam and efere affang or abak/atama (banga) soup - hehe, just finished preparing afang soup this evening. .yummy! grin
2. ekpang kukwo - I miss my grandma cry
3. edi ta iwa -  shocked Are you for real?? Been ages. . , can you prepare this, how??
4. isi ewu and nkwobi
5. bene seed soup - Dunno what this is. .??
6. abak soup and white rice - not a main course for me though. .
7. grilled fish and bole - Aww, I had enough of it back in the days @yenagoa
8. suya
9. akara and bread - Reminder @FGC Ik. .lmao!
10. boiled plantain and avocado pear - Jeez! nsidom

,  and the list goes on and on

11. Eba and edikan ikong soup
12. Pounded and white soup (Afia efere ebot)
Infinity. A funny but tasty delicacy that only grandma can prepare. . .e nor get english name jare cheesy
Hallelujah to the above! wink
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by ITbomb(m): 9:05pm On Nov 25, 2011
De Radical Posts: 6
Offline Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy « #39 on: Today at 01:56:30 PM » I dont think you guys know what you are saying
here. have you tasted marijuana + fried groundnut?
Chai! you will just be in heaven with the Angels
I thought about putting this but I remember the OP didn't say fast food
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by felifeli: 9:27pm On Nov 25, 2011
[size=28pt]404[/size]
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by NnaNna4(m): 9:32pm On Nov 25, 2011
mercenaryx:

And if this really surprised you do you see that post about cotton soup?, I rather eat electronic appliances!

Guy, i no fit laugh
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by razznaija(f): 9:33pm On Nov 25, 2011
Akara and bread.
Suya and bread.
Pounded yam and egusi soup.
White rice with stew and dodo.
banga soup.
Afang soup.
Goat meat peppersoup
Roasted plantain and yam with grilled fish ( i was flabbergasted when i went to Lagos for the first time and i saw people eating plantain with peanuts, you guys need to come and taste the food from the south-south).
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by segun2011: 9:43pm On Nov 25, 2011
porridge bean and dodo shocked
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by ekpriobong(m): 9:43pm On Nov 25, 2011
Afang soup and Etighi with Gari.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by stunts101: 9:52pm On Nov 25, 2011
UKWA and roasted fish.
think i also like bole, fresh fish and pepper sauce
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by pat077: 9:59pm On Nov 25, 2011
Suya wit burukutu.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Onlytruth(m): 10:07pm On Nov 25, 2011
Hightech Abacha cool

Recipe: abacha, dried mangala fish, stockfish, anara leaves, afufa, ncha (specially treated and reinforced palmoil), crayfish/dried prawns, maggi, salt, and love! cool
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Jenifa1: 10:32pm On Nov 25, 2011

what kind of iyama is this? undecided lipsrsealed looks like custard.
the soup looks good though.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by yme1(f): 10:41pm On Nov 25, 2011
Owo and yam/plantain
Roasted yam/plantain with red oil
Akara and soaked garri
Egusi and eba/pounded yam
Garden egg and yam
Groundnut soup and eba
. . . . . . . . .  I so love  kiss kiss

Don't like amala and starch. I don't eat them either
Akpu just stirs up unexplaineable anger within me   angry
Lol
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by cycline404(m): 11:40pm On Nov 25, 2011
I Cant joke with Calabar white soup and pounded yam,
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by purplekayc(m): 11:53pm On Nov 25, 2011
1.pounded yam and egunsi
2.rice and dodo
3.yam and egg

now am hungry cry cry
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by SapeleDon: 12:34am On Nov 26, 2011
Authoritatively stating it as somebody who was born and grew up in the West,had his early education both in the North,West and South. Did my NYSC and Post-Graduate study in the East,i am well grounded in Nigerian delicacies and i make it BOLD to say STARCH/BANGA/OWOH is the best food in Nigeria and before you are quick to criticise, do endeavour to try the delicacy. Just thinking of that food is leaving me salivating now.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Nobody: 12:35am On Nov 26, 2011
[size=16pt]Dont know how to spell it but i will go with the phonetics:

[center]ou-kwo-bee[/center]
[/size]
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Years(m): 1:00am On Nov 26, 2011
God bless the soul that invented afang soup and the soul that brought about isi-ewu is not left out either dead or alive.
My take is hot pounded yam with afang soup stocked with d orishirishi wit palm oil dat makes the appearance of the soup look dark.
I bless the akwa-ibom race for this one tho am yoruba and I have it in mind dat I will marry this calabar chick who will cook me this delicacy, its like the first food in the holy grail of foods.
Yeah, I discovered isi-ewu in oron while in school its good for evening cap and a bottle or two of small stout to go alongside. Wow so much story and so much mouth watering.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by mojounited(m): 1:56am On Nov 26, 2011
^^That's the spirit @Years, we (Akwa Ibom/Calabar) rock!! Meanwhile, my cousin is still single. . .lmao! undecided
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Years(m): 2:11am On Nov 26, 2011
mojounited:

^^That's the spirit @Years, we (Akwa Ibom/Calabar) rock!! Meanwhile, my cousin is still single. . .lmao! undecided
Lol, but I sincerely give it up for that part of 9ja south. You guys too much mehn. Me sef no run for ur cousin oooh, lol .

I wanted to ask what was the meal called ABACHA made of cos ive never heard nor come across it b4? What a name for a food
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by HighChief4(m): 2:12am On Nov 26, 2011
Onlytruth:

Hightech Abacha cool

Recipe: abacha, dried mangala fish, stockfish, anara leaves, afufa, ncha (specially treated and reinforced palmoil), crayfish/dried prawns, maggi, salt, and love! cool

You just had me salivating now. I can give anything to have Abacha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? / Let It Burn! Five Tips For The Perfect Jollof Rice- Yemisi Odusanya / Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.