Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy (22937 Views)

What Are The Names Of These Common Nigerian Delicacy Leaves In English? / What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? / Which Would You Consider The Best Nigerian Delicacy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by CyberG: 4:32am On Nov 26, 2011
I really miss Naija mehnnn. . .
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by tnktosin(m): 9:26am On Nov 26, 2011
Jenifa_:

what kind of iyama is this? undecided lipsrsealed looks like custard.
the soup looks good though.

Banga soup and starch is the best food in the World.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Detongue: 9:28am On Nov 26, 2011
Banga Soup and starch
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by ujchief(m): 9:31am On Nov 26, 2011
Any soup with more meat than vegetables will do.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by gascoign1(m): 10:40am On Nov 26, 2011
pounded yam and goat meat vegetable soup, rice and fried fresh fish stew with sliced vegetable,
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by AndreUweh(m): 10:44am On Nov 26, 2011
Cocoa-yam with Utazi stew
Ofe eju (snail soup Asaba style)
Ugba with Okporoko
Akpu with ofe oha.
Okpa (Okigwe style)
Agidi Umuahia
Akara (Ibadan style)
Moi moi with odudu
Abacha with Achara and akwukwo ofe (Afufa leaf).
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 26, 2011
Egusi soup n akpu or p.yam,anyday,anytime.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by gentlegg(m): 1:27pm On Nov 26, 2011
Akpu with Ofe Oha stuffed with Stockfish
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Emmaesty(f): 8:25pm On Nov 26, 2011
Amala and ewedu soup mixed with okro and fish or meat.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by y3mz1(f): 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2011
I LOVE PLANTAIN
, but I want to learn to cook some dishes that incorporate it so I'm reading all the posts that include plantain,
Question to anyone: What's your fav dish with plantain in it?

Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 27, 2011
Pounded yeam and efo riro with plenty egunsi and stockfish,   tongue

Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 27, 2011
y3mz1:

I LOVE PLANTAIN
, but I want to learn to cook some dishes that incorporate it so I'm reading all the posts that include plantain,
Question to anyone: What's your fav dish with plantain in it?

Dodo and egg,   i.e fried Plantain with fried egg.

Some people prefer beans mixed with plantain while some fried plantain diced in fried rice/jollof rice.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by y3mz1(f): 6:39pm On Nov 27, 2011
saxywale:

Some people prefer beans mixed with plantain while some fried plantain diced in fried rice/jollof rice.

Oo sounds nice! I'm not a fan of fried egg but with beans or rice, very nice lol
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by alpontif(m): 11:13pm On Nov 27, 2011
To buy any Nigerian food online, and have it delivered to you, upon which you pay to to the delivery man, check out www.mamaput.gnbo.com.ng

Currently operational in Lagos and Abuja, free delivery,
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Sugardiva(f): 11:56pm On Dec 20, 2011
I checked out d mamaput site. Placed an order in abj but dey didnt deliver. Said dey weren't fully operational in my area.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by dasparrow: 5:00pm On Dec 24, 2011
@OP
It all depends on the individual. We all have different tastebuds and many Nigerians are not quite familiar with the cultural dishes of other nigerian ethnic groups/tribes. Therefore, I suggest you try out several cultural nigerian dishes and decide for yourself which one you prefer.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by dasparrow: 5:01pm On Dec 24, 2011
CyberG:

I really miss Naija mehnnn. . .

Me too, you are not alone.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by dasparrow: 5:05pm On Dec 24, 2011
tnktosin:

Banga soup and starch is the best food in the World.

Word! I totally agree.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by isalegan2: 5:23pm On Dec 24, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Cocoa-yam with Utazi stew
Ofe eju (snail soup Asaba style)
Ugba with Okporoko
Akpu with ofe oha.
Okpa (Okigwe style)
Agidi Umuahia
Akara (Ibadan style)
Moi moi with odudu
Abacha with Achara and akwukwo ofe (Afufa leaf).

Pictures would drive that home much better.   cheesy
BTW, What is Akpu?  Is it carbohydrate like eba/iyan or is it some kind of stew? 

saxywale:

Pounded yeam and efo riro with plenty egunsi and stockfish,   tongue
www.nairaland.com/attachments/581153_148121_10150287145950507_858070506_15185313_4987737_n_jpgcf8fff69305d90b3ead877fe2aa6b78e

Oh darn it!  I am sooooo hungry.  Again!  I said I have to avoid this section.  Darn that "Current" posts tab!

saxywale:

If you add some corned beef to that egg. . . bellissimo  tongue tongue tongue

You must be Yoruba/Lagosian, cos all the foods you're listing are the ones I eat when I'm back home.  I actually made plantain this week, something I don't do often.  

Detongue:

Banga Soup and starch

I couldn't bring myself to try that starch thing.  I went to the home of a Naija (Urhobo?) friend here and she was making it.  Does anyone know why and when people started eating that?  Also, is it a special kind of starch or the same one we use to stiffen our school uniform in the old days?  If it's traditional, what is the African name?  I think the word "starch" is what is off-putting to me.  No offense.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by beespak7(m): 4:51pm On Dec 30, 2011
For me its banga soup with fresh fish and goat meat with pounded yam.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by ocelot2006(m): 7:46am On May 06, 2013
Afang soup+fufu+fresh palmwin= Oh my Lord....Heaven's lunch..
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by ocelot2006(m): 7:47am On May 06, 2013
beespak7: For me its banga soup with fresh fish and goat meat with pounded yam.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by aariwa(m): 6:52pm On Jun 03, 2013
nsala soup with fresh fish and pounded yam
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by aariwa(m): 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2013
pounded yam and akpu
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by snthesis(m): 12:58am On Jun 04, 2013
ewa agoin with agege bread
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:38pm On Jun 04, 2013
Suya mehn! Then next would be Amala and Ewedu soup cheesy
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by daviide: 9:56pm On Jun 04, 2013
Yam witt garden-egg sauce

Pounded yam witt afang soup nd stock fish witt turkey *oh lawd* nd chill tequila
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by nikkytruth(f): 10:17pm On Jun 06, 2013
Try ACHICHA(dried boiled Cocoyam)aπϑ FioFio(Agbugbu). Garnished with Ukpaka/ugba aπϑ Nchuanwu(scent leave) . Trust M̶̲̥̅Ƹ, ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ will always yarn for it cos its S̴̩☺̴̩̩̥̩̩̩ delicious. Palm wine aπϑ Abacha Ȋ̝̊̅§ also another bumb. aπϑ also FioFio aπϑ yam or Akidi aπϑ yam Ȋ̝̊̅§ another local food Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊t Ȋ̝̊̅§ very nutritious. ‎​ȋ̝̊̅ ₪☺ many cos ‎​​A̶̲̥̅♏ å tru Igbo gal.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by nikkytruth(f): 10:18pm On Jun 06, 2013
Try ACHICHA(dried boiled Cocoyam)aπϑ FioFio(Agbugbu). Garnished with Ukpaka/ugba aπϑ Nchuanwu(scent leave) . Trust M̶̲̥̅Ƹ, ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ will always yarn for it cos its S̴̩☺̴̩̩̥̩̩̩ delicious. Palm wine aπϑ Abacha Ȋ̝̊̅§ also another bumb. aπϑ also FioFio aπϑ yam or Akidi aπϑ yam Ȋ̝̊̅§ another local food Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊t Ȋ̝̊̅§ very nutritious. ‎​ȋ̝̊̅ ₪☺ many of dem cos ‎​​A̶̲̥̅♏ å true Igbo gal.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by nikkytruth(f): 10:33pm On Jun 06, 2013
Try ACHICHA(dried boiled Cocoyam)aπϑ FioFio(Agbugbu). Garnished with Ukpaka/ugba aπϑ Nchuanwu(scent leave) . Trust M̅Ƹ, ‎​U̶̲̅ will always yarn for it cos its S̴☺ delicious. Palm wine aπϑ Abacha Ȋ̝̊̅§ also another bumb. aπϑ also FioFio aπϑ yam or Akidi aπϑ yam Ȋ̊§ another local food Ŧђɑ̤̈t Ȋ̊§ very nutritious. ‎​ȋ̊ ₪☺ many of dem cos ‎​​A̶̲̅♏ å true Igbo gal.
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by Arrosoft: 3:51pm On Jun 10, 2013
Beans puddin wit cold pap! (ekuru)
Re: What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy by BestmanNnamdi(m): 7:21pm On Jun 11, 2013
apocalypse: ewa muke made from pakala beans
egbo
eepa
afang soup
oha soup
agidi
opa

Local foods are by far the best
Akpu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? / Let It Burn! Five Tips For The Perfect Jollof Rice- Yemisi Odusanya / Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.