Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

How We Can Come Out Of This Backness In Urhobo-land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How We Can Come Out Of This Backness In Urhobo-land (902 Views)

I’ve Come Out Of Hiding To Mourn Awolowo – Jonathan / Nothing Good Can Come Out Of Nigeria / Acf To Fg- Guarantee The Security Of Boko Haram Leaders So They Can Come Out To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How We Can Come Out Of This Backness In Urhobo-land by ibide(m): 2:10pm On Nov 25, 2011
I want to use this medium to ask all the urhobo's in niaraland to come together so that we can creat a forum to discouse issue that affect us as people in this nation is like we are back- ward both in state & federal level is very hard to heir our name up their what is the cause & how can we overcome it .? It pain me to see my people in sorrow . Even if we donont have money now can't we come together to donate #1000 every mounth to those who donon't have to attend school ? As son's & daugther of urhobo land we have variouse youth body but are they active ? Why can't we have our name in one data bank ? Look at the izon youth even the itsekiri they are all unite why can't urhobo youth come together our brothers from the south _ south region are riding on us because of our weakness let come out strong like the days of mowoe , mariere but okumagba felix ibru has sold urhobo nation to other tribe because of PDP let state by creating forum for our nation wide youth or diaspora i know it a matter of time urhobo will florish again the name of the forum is goin to be urhobo youth forum for all the 23 kingdom
Re: How We Can Come Out Of This Backness In Urhobo-land by Relax101(m): 2:28pm On Nov 25, 2011
Urhobo get money na.
Make una organize meeting every time.
Re: How We Can Come Out Of This Backness In Urhobo-land by sheyguy: 8:55pm On Nov 25, 2011
Urobo man too like moni, wayo sense no go let that kind tin see the light of the day.
Re: How We Can Come Out Of This Backness In Urhobo-land by ibide(m): 10:59pm On Nov 25, 2011
Möney is loved by every body including u .even if u are an urhobo u must not make excusse every in life fight to change ur generation 4 good
Re: How We Can Come Out Of This Backness In Urhobo-land by emudiagaebbah: 9:56am On Feb 09, 2013
It is good that there is a forum like this to address our problem.However, it is a known fact that a problem aired is half solved. If we must succeed we must tell ourselve the truth. Today I speak as a fellow Urhobo who wants Urhobo development. The issues we are faced with are issues of unity; economically we are moving backward and this also apply to other aspects of our lifes. The averge Urhobo man and woman no longer speaks its language, this he has replace with broken English.Urhobos have choosen to divide themselve in terms of clan. Today you see sections of Urhobo cliam that they are a different ethnic group. This is so bad but I have good news for all Urhobos that there are solutions to our numerous problem. I will begin by sending a warming that let no one(by no one I mean other tribes) amuse themselve, laughing at the Urhobos because of her problem because they also have their own to worry about. As a student of History i believe one of the ways of solving it would be for us to learn about our past politics, teach it to our childern both at home and at schools. We should bring back the Urhobo language speak it both at home and at schools,organize debates and written eassys in the language. Every Urhobo has the responsibility to correct the wrong notion viewed by both Urhobos and non Urhobos. I want to say please when correcting any one do it with love. I want to use this opportunity to say that all the statement I have made, I did with love , however if anything in it offends you, I ask you to forgive me and may the peace of the lord be upon you as read this statement. God bless the Urhobo nation we have no where else to call our home.
Re: How We Can Come Out Of This Backness In Urhobo-land by GARRIx7(m): 12:40pm On Feb 09, 2013
@OP:

Thanks for your thoughtfulness.

What's the way forward. OP what's your recommended action plan?
Re: How We Can Come Out Of This Backness In Urhobo-land by duality(m): 4:03pm On Feb 09, 2013
all na effects of political power. when Ibori was in power we never heard things like this. it was the others who felt marginalized, subdued and impoverished. Not long after Ibori left power, we now hear of the perceived " Backness " of the Urhobos. we knew how influential UPU and UPF was during the days of Onanefe. their exploits were obvious.

Any other person would definitely see all these wrapped in Politics.
Re: How We Can Come Out Of This Backness In Urhobo-land by Omen100(m): 6:35pm On Feb 09, 2013
Poster, Oghene wiyo kevwe & na what is the way forward because I am so much concern with about the backwardness of Urhobo Nation.

(1) (Reply)

Imf Pushing Nigeria To End Subsudy! / Occupy Nigeria - Ibadan / Is Nigerian Government Broke?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.