Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,429 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Why Do Nigerians Quarrel With Jamaicans & Others? - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Why Do Nigerians Quarrel With Jamaicans & Others? (1783 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Like Saying Things Twice? / That Moment When Your Partner Want To Start A Quarrel / Nigerians Vs Jamaicans Joke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Quarrel With Jamaicans & Others? by Nobody: 2:40am On Nov 26, 2011
[b]So recently, i have noticed that almost every other country of African descent are in a tug of war with Nigeria. Several months ago i realised the tension between us and South Africans and the "shoot me i shoot you" engagement on various fora. Was it coz of the xenophobic skirmishes in SA? Next, it was against the Ghanaians for disrespecting us and wanting to kick out nollywood stars from their country. This one gathered so much momentum to the extent some of our guys decided to boast about how many Ghanaian girls they blip on casual basis.

It did not end there coz as i have just realised, there is a brewing war between us and Jamaicans particularly in the UK. I don't know if the UK MP Diane Abbott actually stirred this one with her comments here (http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2006/may/14/uk.labour1) but if you study the interactions in the Southeast area of London, you might be wondering if Nigerians and Jamaicans were given one plot of land to share and things got out of control.

To avoid further elaboration i would like to ask why we Nigerians are ever ready to battle others especially when its black people involved. Is it not possible to act like the big brother and tolerate more? Do we really need to "show them pepper"? No this isn't a joke i know but i really want to feel the pulse on this topic and get the most honest reaction from anyone who reads. Thank you
[/b]
Re: Why Do Nigerians Quarrel With Jamaicans & Others? by kelz88(f): 2:55am On Nov 26, 2011
When we fight each other is it Jamaicans, SAs, etc we wont fight?
Sometimes it's just down to illiteracy and backwardness. This can be seen on NL too. Biggest example is the war between tribes, religions, churches. It's pathetic.

Instead of hearing other's view and taking it into account we act like we know it all. Never willing to learn, take criticism, move forward.

I'm no longer shocked when I hear bad stuff being said about Naija from people like Oprah, and that UK MP. That's the picture we seem to paint a lot of the times. However, these same should be educated/clever enough to know not to stereotype. There's always a bad egg in a circle of friends, in families not to talk of a country.

I find crime stories very interesting but the media needs to report more positive things from Nigeria/a Nigerian person. It's only fair to balance it out a bit.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Quarrel With Jamaicans & Others? by Gboliwe: 4:03am On Nov 26, 2011
Why is this thread in jokes section?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Quarrel With Jamaicans & Others? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 5:31am On Nov 26, 2011
Beats me
Re: Why Do Nigerians Quarrel With Jamaicans & Others? by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 26, 2011
Gboliwe and BcuZ whatever if you read it completely you would not ask your question or express your surprise. Don't even know why it had to be numbers 3&4 posts already

(1) (Reply)

New Year Yoke! / Which Pill Would You Take? (PHOTO) / Funny Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.