Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Happy New Year To All Catholics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy New Year To All Catholics (1262 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / All Catholics Will Go To Hell - Chris Okotie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy New Year To All Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:32pm On Nov 26, 2011
I just want to use this avenue to say a very big Happy New Year to all Catholic brethren, As we enter into Year B of the church calendar, i pray that God will give us the grace to keep up with the catholic faith inspite of all the persecution/distraction that we are facing. Wish you all the best.
Re: Happy New Year To All Catholics by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:25pm On Nov 26, 2011
Rich4god:

I just want to use this avenue to say a very big Happy New Year to all Catholic brethren, As we enter into Year B of the church calendar, i pray that God will give us the grace to keep up with the catholic faith inspite of all the persecution/distraction that we are facing. Wish you all the best.

I wish Roman Catholics and Muslims who are celebrating their New Year a happy and illuminating year. May the Lord give you believing hearts and hearing ears to comprehend the height, breadth and depth of God's love. Is it a coincidence that both of you are now celebrating your new year? See the thread for Muslims celebrating their new year.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-810929.0.html#bot
Re: Happy New Year To All Catholics by Nobody: 12:54am On Nov 27, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

I wish Roman Catholics and Muslims who are celebrating their New Year a happy and illuminating year. May the Lord give you believing hearts and hearing ears to comprehend the height, breadth and depth of God's love. Is it a coincidence that both of you are now celebrating your new year? See the thread for Muslims celebrating their new year.

grin
Re: Happy New Year To All Catholics by Judek2(m): 1:50am On Nov 27, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

I dont realy like the way you people crumple the Catholic church to the point of paganism,Its like a fight among Brothers.
Being a Catholic or Penticostal or Anglican or any evangelical movements does not make me loose my faith in God.My Bible is my companion,and so yours and others.

Thanks and you too @OP
Re: Happy New Year To All Catholics by italo: 6:59am On Nov 27, 2011
Happy New Year, Dear brothers and sisters in Christ. As the calendar year is winding down, a new liturgical year is taking off. This teaches us that every end is a new beginning, and same goes for our lives. Death does not end our lives, it only starts a new life. So while we are here on earth, let us live our lives in conformity with God's will so that when the Master call, we may not be found wanting.

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
Re: Happy New Year To All Catholics by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:36pm On Nov 28, 2011
Judek2:

I dont realy like the way you people crumple the Catholic church to the point of paganism,Its like a fight among Brothers.
Being a Catholic or Penticostal or Anglican or any evangelical movements does not make me loose my faith in God.My Bible is my companion,and so yours and others.

Thanks and you too @OP

Can you throw more light as to why the Roman Catholics and Muslims are celebrating their New Year now?  lipsrsealed
Re: Happy New Year To All Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:07pm On Nov 28, 2011
@olaadegbu> Catholics celebrate their new year when its exactly 4 sundays before xmas, i dnt knw how the muslims fix theirs, but what am sure is that there times when the two new year(s) are not close enough.
Re: Happy New Year To All Catholics by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:43pm On Nov 28, 2011
Rich4god:

@olaadegbu> Catholics celebrate their new year when its exactly 4 sundays before xmas, i dnt knw how the muslims fix theirs, but what am sure is that there times when the two new year(s) are not close enough.

Thanks for the explanation.
Re: Happy New Year To All Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:34am On Nov 25, 2012
This sunday (today, 25th november) marks the last sunday of the year in the catholic lithurgical calender. (i.e. the end of Year B, Cycle II). So next sunday being being the 2nd of Dec 2012, will usher us into a new lithurgical year (i.e. Year C, Cycle I).
I pray that God will see us through in all we do and may He crown all our effort in this coming year through Christ our Lord... Amen.
Re: Happy New Year To All Catholics by italo: 6:00pm On Nov 25, 2012
Amen, my brother.
Re: Happy New Year To All Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 12:16am On Nov 26, 2012
italo: Amen, my brother.
the year has been name "year of faith" by the pope and catholic are encouraged to read scriptures and d ccc.

(1) (Reply)

How God Made 67-year Old Grandma Resurrected After 12 Days / 'protected' By The 'annointing' Of Oyedepo / Am A Gay Man Thats Renouncing My Catholic Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.