Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Reach Out Nigeria By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reach Out Nigeria By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (2059 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reach Out Nigeria By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by JERRY9(m): 1:37pm On Sep 24, 2007
I was watching the television and i saw this advert by Christ Embassy,whats is your own opinion about this and have any body gotten the material they promoised.Please i need status report on your side of town
Re: Reach Out Nigeria By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 24, 2007
its a nice concept, i like it, may be he wil soon contest for president in 2015 grin
Re: Reach Out Nigeria By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by JERRY9(m): 3:49pm On Sep 24, 2007
@olrotimi
haba na wah for you o.which one be election for 2015.Well if someone like pastor Chris becomes president of Nigeria, i dont mind anyway because it would be a departure from the so many dull and dumb leaders we have always been unfortunate to be blessed with
Re: Reach Out Nigeria By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by donnie(m): 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2007
According to the MOG, he  dosnt have the grace for politics and  besides, he wouldnt like such a demotion.
Re: Reach Out Nigeria By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by cgift(m): 12:04pm On Sep 25, 2007
whats the reachout all about dudes?
Re: Reach Out Nigeria By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by maddock(m): 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2007
Pastor Chris the best pastor in Nigeria,|africa and the whole world.QED
Re: Reach Out Nigeria By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by TayoD1(m): 3:51pm On Sep 25, 2007
@donnie,

According to the MOG, he dosnt have the grace for politics and besides, he wouldnt like such a demotion.
Can you please explain what you mean by the highlighted statement. I believe the statement is yours and not Oyahks. He knows the scriptures better than to make such unfounded statement.

Every calling of God is a High Calling. A person called to be a pastor does not have a better calling to one called to be a business man, or vice versa. The Bible teaches that your government is in authority over you and your pastor, so tell me who is subservient to whom!
Re: Reach Out Nigeria By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by mrpataki(m): 6:26pm On Sep 25, 2007
maddock:

Please give me a scripture to back what you have just stated here? Every man shall give an account of how he has lived his life on the last day. Giving a vague honor to a MOG sparks off another silent form of idolatry.

May God help us all.
Re: Reach Out Nigeria By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by cgift(m): 8:15pm On Sep 25, 2007
mrpataki:

Please give me a scripture to back what you have just stated here? Every man shall give an account of how he has lived his life on the last day. Giving a vague honor to a MOG sparks off another silent form of idolatry.

May God help us all.

yea! my BLW guys need to watch it before they idolise Pastor Chris. He is doing great anyway but only God knows thos who are His.
Re: Reach Out Nigeria By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by fuzek: 8:51pm On Sep 25, 2007
Na wa o, u guys find it interesting or wateva to award "best anything" and now some1 sayin his opinion/giving his award (which doesnt count tho') is idolizin' undecided na una sabi.
U don't have to agree wit him but dat doesn't make it idolatory aight tongue

This thread is about d concept of his program/theme of d program innit undecided not about ''sins''
Re: Reach Out Nigeria By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by monilo(f): 1:47pm On Sep 26, 2007
HI GUYS,THE REACH OUT NIGERIA PRO GRAMME IS DESIGNED TO CELEBRATE THE 47TH INDEPENDENCE OF NIGERIA ON THE 1ST OF OCTOBER.THE MINISTRY WILL BE GIVING OUT FREE COPIES OF ITS DAILY DEVOTIONAL 'RHAPSODY OF REALITIES', TO MILLIONS OF NIGERIANS. THE MINISTRY IS PROMOTING A PATRIOTIC SPIRIT IN NIGERIANS THROUGH THE WORD OF GOD,AND IT IS BELIEVED THAT THROUGH THE MESSAGES IN THE OCTOBER EDITION OF THE DAILY DEVOTIONAL,WE WOULD BELIEVE IN THE FUTURE OF THIS COUNTRY,CONFESS THE RIGHT WORDS AND PROPHESY ABOUT OUR DEAR COUNTRY.
PASTOR CHRIS BELIEVES IN THIS COUNTRY AND BELIEVES THAT NIGERIANS ARE THE ONES WHO CAN CHANGE NIGERIA,

FOR PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THAT MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH ARE IDOLIZING THE MAN OF GOD,I THINK ITS A MISCONCEPTION OF THE DEPTH OF PASSION WHICH THE MEMBERS OF THE MINISTRY EXPRESS WHEN TALKING ABOUT PASTOR CHRIS.HE IS A MAN OF GOD THAT IS VERY PASSIONATE ABOUT THE GOSPEL AND HE IS NOT ONE TO ENCOURAGE MEMBERS TO IDOLIZE HIM,BUT,WE ALL KNOW THAT PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT WAYS WHICH THEY EXPRESS THEIR STRONG BELIEF IN SOMEONE AND THE CAUSE FOR WHICH THEY ARE IDENTIFIED.
SHALOM.
Re: Reach Out Nigeria By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by lafile(m): 1:55pm On Sep 26, 2007
@Monilo
Misconception? Really? How else will you explain a statement like this?

maddock:

There is no criteria to determine the statement made by maddock. Actually nobody is even interesetd in a 'best pastor' award. God didn't institute one.

Statements like this one by maddock remind me of my deeper life brother Okababa.
Re: Reach Out Nigeria By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by maddock(m): 2:17pm On Sep 26, 2007
@lafile Why is it that you guys in nairaland are always looking for an opportunity for quarrel.Do i need to came and take permission from you before making a statement.After all lafile you did not pay for my browsing time why are you bothered about what i said concerning Pastos Chris.

The problem with Nigeria today is that we are witnessing a serious shortage of role models,if a pastor Chris is my role model and i honestly and sincerely want to be like him.Do you think i would start thinking of how many 419 letters to write to get money,no instead i would try doing what he has done that made him what he is today,ok.When i said Pastor Chris is the best pastor it is because i like him and not because i am idolising or woshipping him,a lot of us have favourite food.if you say eba is the best food in the world does that means in any way means that you are idolising eba.I mean let us make our contribution to issues on a lighter mood and not being unnecesarily serious all the time.
Re: Reach Out Nigeria By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by lafile(m): 2:39pm On Sep 26, 2007
Bros Maddock, Keep your shirt on!!!
All I am saying is that saying any pastor is the best pastor in the world is the same thing as comparing one pastor with another. This is something the bible says we should not do. (See 2 Cor 10:12 ). Every Minister of the Gospel has His/Her own specific calling. Instead of saying 'best pastor' it makes more sense to say 'favorite pastor'.
Re: Reach Out Nigeria By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by donnie(m): 3:14pm On Sep 26, 2007
Tayo-D:

@donnie,
Can you please explain what you mean by the highlighted statement. I believe the statement is yours and not Oyahks. He knows the scriptures better than to make such unfounded statement.

Every calling of God is a High Calling. A person called to be a pastor does not have a better calling to one called to be a business man, or vice versa. The Bible teaches that your government is in authority over you and your pastor, so tell me who is subservient to whom!

It's true that every calling of God is a high calling but brother; there are higher callings. The children of Isreal were called of God with a high calling but Moses was called by a 'higher' calling to lead them and bring them God's Word. Those chosen of God to lead and shepherd God's flock should be esteemed very highly according to scripture. Nevertheless, no calling is 'better' than the other as no one calls himself to funtion in the kingdom but God. Just like the soup bowl is not better than the waste bin even though it may look more attractive or presentable; both items when properly serving their purposes, make a great house. However, while one may be brought to the dinning table and used by the master of the house, the other is better left at the back of the house.

As for the pastor / polititian. May i remind you that in God's way, the prophet appointed who the king should be and blessed him. Not the other way round. One office is temporary, subject to change, the other is for life.

And in that day, the kingdoms of this world shall become the kingdoms of our God.

The government is in authority over the state and those who live, function and are from that state. However, the people of God are first and formost  subject to the heavenly government in God's kingdom where they originate from, before any other government. That is why we are commanded to pray for the goverment so that we may lead quiet and peaceable lives. That is also the reason  why the government can make or enact laws that are anti-christ which laws we will oppose in defence of the gospel.

Howeever, it does not matter to which office you are called. What matters is how well you fulfil your calling.
Re: Reach Out Nigeria By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by maddock(m): 3:21pm On Sep 26, 2007
Ok o bros lafile i hear you

(1) (Reply)

Priest Terrorizes Kinsmen / Deeper Life Pastor Arrested In New York For Swindling 80 Yr Old $1.8 Million / Christains, Shame On Us. Satanic Worshiper Are More Devout Than US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.