Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,128 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:06 AM

The Devil Never Rests - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Devil Never Rests (7198 Views)

Satan Never Rests / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Ten People Who Sold Their Soul To The Devil. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devil Never Rests by thehomer: 1:22pm On Dec 09, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Heck why not!! Politicians are always doing it grin

And that is one of the main problems people have with politicians. Though when they flip flop, the negations aren't occurring at the same time as the affirmations.
Re: The Devil Never Rests by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:29pm On Dec 09, 2011
thehomer:

Sorry but you cannot violate the laws of thought and still be considered rational. He cannot both be merciful and unmerciful at the same time.

The law of non-contradiction states that a contradiction cannot be true.  That is, "it is impossible to have A and not A at the same time and in the same relationship"  But this is where you are missing the point.  A and not A could each be true at different times and can also be true at the same time if the relationship is different. 

While you take another look at the picture that speaks more than a thousand words peruse the article quoted below to see how this pans out.

Justice, Mercy, and Grace

"But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink" (Ephesians 2:4-5).

The first word of our text sets up a great contrast between what we were and deserved as dead sinners, and what we are, due to God’s mercy and grace.  In the preceding verses, the picture of man’s state is very dark; we "were dead in trespasses and sins" (v. 1).  We were cut off from the things of light and "walked . . . according to the prince of the power of the air" (v. 2), controlled by Satan. Our lives were characterized by the "lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind" (v. 3).  Everything about us was abhorrent to God, not only our sinful, fleshly actions, but the perversion of our minds, and we deserved His "wrath" (v. 3).

It is not likely that mere man could have conceived the concepts expressed in the following verses. Scarcely would a human mind have proposed that the very God, whose justice demanded punishment, would take that punishment upon Himself in order to lavish upon us His incomparable grace. "But God . . . is rich in mercy" (v. 4).  He had compassion on us, which with "his great love" compelled Him to act strongly on our behalf.  He devised a masterful plan to "quicken," or make alive, those who were dead "together with Christ," for "by grace ye are |literally completely| saved."  Just as certainly as Christ is alive, we are "made alive" through His grace.

This plan of grace defies understanding and description.  Through it, we have been "saved" (vv. 5, cool, we have a present home "in heavenly places" (v. 6), and we will experience its "exceeding riches" throughout the ages (v. 7).  Even the faith to accept it is "the gift of God" (v. cool.  God’s gracious plan fully overwhelms our wickedness and worthlessness; it exceeds all our desperate need. JDM

For more . . . .
Re: The Devil Never Rests by thehomer: 3:33pm On Dec 09, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

The law of non-contradiction states that a contradiction cannot be true.  That is, "it is impossible to have A and not A at the same time and in the same relationship"  But this is where you are missing the point.  A and not A could each be true at different times and can also be true at the same time if the relationship is different. 

While you take another look at the picture that speaks more than a thousand words peruse the article quoted below to see how this pans out.

But, God is eternal and unchanging so how can he always be self contradictory?
Re: The Devil Never Rests by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:10pm On Dec 09, 2011
thehomer:

But, God is eternal and unchanging so how can he always be self contradictory?

Yes, God is eternal and unchanging but He is not self contradictory.  There is no conflict between the two propositions I stated.  A contradiction is a proposition and its negation at the same time and in the same relationship.  As I said earlier about the definition of the law of non contradiction especially the last part of it that says A and not A could each be true at different times and can also be true if the relationship is different.  Let give a story of the revolting Natives that explains this proposition.

An African chief got wind of a mutiny being planned in his tribe.  In an effort to quash the revolt, he called the tribe together and said that anyone caught in rebellion would be given one hundred lashes, without mercy.

A short time later, to the chief's dismay he found that his own brother was behind the revolt.  He was trying to overthrow him so he could be head of the tribe.  Everyone thought the chief would break his word.  but being a just man, he had his brother tied to a tree.  Then he had himself tied next to him, and he took those one hundred lashes across his own bare flesh, in his brother's place.  In doing so, he not only kept his word (justice was done), but he also demonstrated his great love and forgiveness toward his brother.

"Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13 The Evidence Bible).
Re: The Devil Never Rests by shumno(f): 10:35am On Dec 11, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Yes, God is eternal and unchanging but He is not self contradictory.  There is no conflict between the two propositions I stated.  A contradiction is a proposition and its negation at the same time and in the same relationship.  As I said earlier about the definition of the law of non contradiction especially the last part of it that says A and not A could each be true at different times and can also be true if the relationship is different.  Let give a story of the revolting Natives that explains this proposition.

An African chief got wind of a mutiny being planned in his tribe.  In an effort to quash the revolt, he called the tribe together and said that anyone caught in rebellion would be given one hundred lashes, without mercy.

A short time later, to the chief's dismay he found that his own brother was behind the revolt.  He was trying to overthrowp him so he could be head of the tribe.  Everyone thought the chief would break his word.  but being a just man, he had his brother tied to a tree.  Then he had himself tied next to him, and he took those one hundred lashes across his own bare flesh, in his brother's place.  In doing so, he not only kept his word (justice was done), but he also demonstrated his great love and forgiveness toward his brother.

"Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13 The Evidence Bible).
Wow, God is merciful, loving and kind. There is none like Him. Thank you Jesus, God bless you Olaadegbu.
Re: The Devil Never Rests by shumno(f): 11:02am On Dec 11, 2011
@ topic, we must then do the following so that we can withstand the enemy.
Ephesians 6:10-18.
Put on the whole amour of God that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
-Belt of truth.
-Breastplate of righteousness.
-Feet fitted with the gospel of peace.
-Shield of faith.
-Helmet of salvation.
-Sword of the Spirit which is the word of God.
Re: The Devil Never Rests by thehomer: 11:44am On Dec 11, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

A short time later, to the chief's dismay he found that his own brother was behind the revolt.  He was trying to overthrow him so he could be head of the tribe.  Everyone thought the chief would break his word.  but being a just man, he had his brother tied to a tree.  Then he had himself tied next to him, and he took those one hundred lashes across his own bare flesh, in his brother's place.  In doing so, he not only kept his word (justice was done), but he also demonstrated his great love and forgiveness toward his brother.

I hope you realize that what you described above isn't justice. Justice means someone getting what they deserve. The chief's brother didn't get what he deserved therefore, it wasn't justice.

OLAADEGBU:

Soldiers have jumped on live grenades to save their own comrades so Jesus' claimed actions for the entire world isn't so amazing given that he eventually got to live forever, had super powers etc.
Re: The Devil Never Rests by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:41am On Dec 13, 2011
shumno:

Wow, God is merciful, loving and kind. There is none like Him. Thank you Jesus, God bless you Olaadegbu.

You are blessed and highly favoured. We really thank and praise the Lord for revealing to us what has remained a mystery to those who think they are wise.
Re: The Devil Never Rests by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:12pm On Dec 13, 2011
thehomer:

I hope you realize that what you described above isn't justice. Justice means someone getting what they deserve. The chief's brother didn't get what he deserved therefore, it wasn't justice.

Try and understand what mercy means then you might have an idea of what justice means and more so how justice and mercy merges together. Mercy is not receiving what we deserve. We deserve justice and that would be death but instead, God gives us what we don't deserve - His grace.

thehomer:

Soldiers have jumped on live grenades to save their own comrades so Jesus' claimed actions for the entire world isn't so amazing given that he eventually got to live forever, had super powers etc.

A person may die for his friend but who can die for the whole world? It has to be God. God's blood was shed to pay for the whole of mankind and yes, He got to live forever because He is the resurrection and the life.
Re: The Devil Never Rests by thehomer: 3:45pm On Dec 13, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Try and understand what mercy means then you might have an idea of what justice means and more so how justice and mercy merges together.  Mercy is not receiving what we deserve.

No, that is justice.

OLAADEGBU:

We deserve justice and that would be death but instead, God gives us what we don't deserve - His grace.

Therefore, he isn't just.

OLAADEGBU:

A person may die for his friend but who can die for the whole world?  It has to be God.  God's blood was shed to pay for the whole of mankind and yes, He got to live forever because He is the resurrection and the life.

A person that can die for his friends probably wouldn't mind if the whole world came along for the ride. How much more if living forever was thrown into the bargain?
Re: The Devil Never Rests by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:05pm On Dec 13, 2011
thehomer:

No, that is justice.

We deserve justice because we have broken God's Moral Law but God paid our eternal penalty with His own blood so that we can go free.  If you committed a crime and were fined the amount that you were unable to pay if a benevolent individual paid your fine would you not go free?  Would you turn down that gift?

thehomer:

Therefore, he isn't just.

If the benevolent man happens to be the judge that fined you how will he not be just? 

thehomer:

A person that can die for his friends probably wouldn't mind if the whole world came along for the ride. How much more if living forever was thrown into the bargain?

It makes more sense if this friend happens to be God Himself who became man so as to make men become children of God.  Again read the article below to have an understanding of how God's justice, mercy and grace meets together.

Justice, Mercy, and Grace

"But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink" (Ephesians 2:4-5).

The first word of our text sets up a great contrast between what we were and deserved as dead sinners, and what we are, due to God’s mercy and grace.  In the preceding verses, the picture of man’s state is very dark; we "were dead in trespasses and sins" (v. 1).  We were cut off from the things of light and "walked . . . according to the prince of the power of the air" (v. 2), controlled by Satan. Our lives were characterized by the "lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind" (v. 3).  Everything about us was abhorrent to God, not only our sinful, fleshly actions, but the perversion of our minds, and we deserved His "wrath" (v. 3).

It is not likely that mere man could have conceived the concepts expressed in the following verses. Scarcely would a human mind have proposed that the very God, whose justice demanded punishment, would take that punishment upon Himself in order to lavish upon us His incomparable grace. "But God . . . is rich in mercy" (v. 4).  He had compassion on us, which with "his great love" compelled Him to act strongly on our behalf.  He devised a masterful plan to "quicken," or make alive, those who were dead "together with Christ," for "by grace ye are |literally completely| saved."  Just as certainly as Christ is alive, we are "made alive" through His grace.

This plan of grace defies understanding and description.  Through it, we have been "saved" (vv. 5, cool, we have a present home "in heavenly places" (v. 6), and we will experience its "exceeding riches" throughout the ages (v. 7).  Even the faith to accept it is "the gift of God" (v. cool.  God’s gracious plan fully overwhelms our wickedness and worthlessness; it exceeds all our desperate need. JDM

For more . . . .

Re: The Devil Never Rests by thehomer: 11:29pm On Dec 13, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

We deserve justice because we have broken God's Moral Law but God paid our eternal penalty with His own blood so that we can go free.  If you committed a crime and were fined the amount that you were unable to pay if a benevolent individual paid your fine would you not go free?  Would you turn down that gift?

What moral law do people break just by being born?
You need to realize that what we're talking about here is first and foremost a made up crime and the analogy is poor because take a crime like murder. Do you think it is justice to let someone serve another person's time? How about with a punishment such as the death penalty?

OLAADEGBU:

If the benevolent man happens to be the judge that fined you how will he not be just?

It wouldn't be just if the punishment were something like a jail term or capital punishment. A fine simply involves money which can pretty much be paid by any concerned person.

OLAADEGBU:

It makes more sense if this friend happens to be God Himself who became man so as to make men become children of God.  Again read the article below to have an understanding of how God's justice, mercy and grace meets together.

No, it makes less sense because an ordinary person who would willingly die for his comrades would still die for his comrades plus the other 7 billion people on earth. How much more if the person would get super powers after such an event?
Re: The Devil Never Rests by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:19am On Dec 14, 2011
thehomer:

What moral law do people break just by being born?
You need to realize that what we're talking about here is first and foremost a made up crime and the analogy is poor because take a crime like murder. Do you think it is justice to let someone serve another person's time? How about with a punishment such as the death penalty?

It wouldn't be just if the punishment were something like a jail term or capital punishment. A fine simply involves money which can pretty much be paid by any concerned person.

No, it makes less sense because an ordinary person who would willingly die for his comrades would still die for his comrades plus the other 7 billion people on earth. How much more if the person would get super powers after such an event?

Babies break no Moral Law they only suffer the consequences of their parents choices who chooses whether or not they live. All the analogies will only make sense to you if you know how you and I fully comprehend how we have broken the Moral Law of God. As we answer these questions we will see how we have broken this Law and the penalty that we are supposed to pay. You decide whether you want to pay this penalty or receive God's mercy.

Have I always loved God my Creator with all my heart, mind, soul and strength? ____YES ___NO
Have I made a god in my own image? a god to suit myself? ____YES ___NO
Have I ever used God's name in vain? ____YES ___NO
Have I kept the Sabbath holy? ____YES ___NO
Have I always honoured my parents implicitly? ____YES ___NO
Have I murdered (God considers hatred as murder)? ____YES ___NO
Have I committed adultery (including premarital sex and lust)? ____YES ___NO
Have I stolen (the value is irrelevant)? ____YES ___NO
Have I lied (including fibs and these questions)? ____YES ___NO
Have I coveted (been greedy or materialistic)? ____YES ___NO

If you have even broken one Law, then you have sinned against God and therefore will "surely die," for the "wages of sin is death." (Death is the separation from God, either temporary or permanently)

We are all guilty of breaking the Commandments. Listen to the voice of your conscience, and let it remind you of some of the sins of the past. We are not perfect as we are commanded to be (Matthew 5:48), neither is our heart pure. On Judgment Day our transgressions will be the evidence of our shame. Think of it: God has seen every sin we have ever committed. We share our thought-life with Him.

We are guilty of violating His Law a multitude of times, yet if we repent, God can forgive us because Jesus stepped into the courtroom 2,000 years ago and paid the fine for us.

His death on the cross satisfied the Law we so blatantly transgressed, and at the same time demonstrated how much God loves us—

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

His shed blood on the cross can make you clean in the sight of a holy God, as though you have never sinned.

God doesn't want you to go to Hell. Please, forget your arguments, repent and put your trust in Jesus and be saved from God's wrath. Make Psalm 51 your prayer, then read your Bible daily and always obey what you read; God will never let you down.
Re: The Devil Never Rests by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:26am On Dec 14, 2011
shumno:

@ topic, we must then do the following so that we can withstand the enemy.
Ephesians 6:10-18.
Put on the whole amour of God that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
-Belt of truth.
-Breastplate of righteousness.
-Feet fitted with the gospel of peace.
-Shield of faith.
-Helmet of salvation.
-Sword of the Spirit which is the word of God.

Corroborated with messages to the body of Christ from the throne of grace.

grace5:

December 7, 2011: Letter from FATHER GOD - Given to Sabrina:

To MY dear children:

I love you MY children, I love all MY children in this world. You are all created in MY Image and with your own freewill.

That “will” you can use you for or against ME, for or against MY SON, your SAVIOUR and MESSIAH. HE has brought the complete, perfect SACRIFICE on the rough wooden cross of Calvary, where you love to sing about so much.

This was the SACRIFICE of MY SON. As I already said, you have your own free choice. Unfortunately many of MY creatures choose against ME. They let their own freewill dominate over that of MY SPIRIT.

MY SPIRIT is sent to lead you in MY Ways and to bring you to ME, to the FATHER’S HEART of your GOD. I am your FATHER. I am your KING. I am your ALL.

I don’t want to see anybody lost, but I have put MY Standard in MY Word, MY Holy Standard, namely, the basic concepts to come to your GOD with a repentant heart. MY Word says that anyone who comes with a repentant heart and asks forgiveness of sins, they shall also receive this, he or she shall be granted forgiveness.

But I see many not even do this. How then can you require that I will let you in into MY Kingdom? How then can you proclaim that you are Christians…that you are born again children of the MOST HIGH?

This is something not possible in MY Eyes, MY beloved. I don’t want to see anyone lost. Yet hell is filled daily with thousands of souls and even more. But MY Kingdom remains empty. How pathetic and sad.

So few enter MY Kingdom because they proclaim to be Christians, but actually are not. And they know this also. Complete surrender is surrender all in soul, spirit and body to your GOD.

[b]I am a righteous GOD and therefore I also judge fair. If someone confesses ME as his or her GOD, as his or her SAVIOR, then they are saved. I and MY SON are one, although HE has brought the perfect SACRIFICE. So if you believe in HIS NAME and SACRIFICE and ask forgiveness with a repentant heart, you are saved.

But then the road only begins. Then it is about to keep walking in MY Roads and Regulations. I judge everyone very fair. I am no respecter of persons. I love everybody, as everyone are MY children, which I created and made.

BUT , To whom much is given, much is required. Who grows IN ME, in truth and knowledge, will also be accountable for this. For every word you speak you will be accountable. For every action you do, you will be accountable.

Therefore it is so important to come DAILY under the protection and washing of the BLOOD of MY SON, DAILY MY beloved, daily. Let yourselves be washed clean, after confessing your sins. Come to ME with a repentant open heart

Let yourselves not be stopped by various situations or circumstances. Do not give the devil the chance to come near you. Give him not the chance. Many do not know how to keep the enemy at bay. It is however in MY Word: Ephesians 6: The Spiritual Armor, very important.

Do this daily, clothe yourselves with this garment, protect yourselves with the BLOOD of MY SON, come to ME with a repentant heart, Ask forgiveness for your sins, consciously and unconsciously, pray the prayer as MY SON taught you in MY Word,

So many things can you get out of MY Word and you do not use it. How then can you be protected against the enemy? This is the most important part of the day. This should be your first prayer, after having asked forgiveness of your sins, after the washing away of your sins.

Did you not read yet that you do not have to struggle against worldly powers, but against spiritual forces of darkness in this world? How do you think to survive in your soul and spirit, if you do not yet know now how to do this, if you give the enemy plenty of chance and opportunity to come into your soul and spirit and body? While MY Word offers the solution: The Spiritual Armor.

The times will not improve, on the contrary. MY enemy is present everywhere, so clothe yourselves with MY Armor, so that you may prosper in soul, spirit, and body.[/b]
So that there may arise revival in these dark times…
So that there may be heard testimonies of victory, instead of lamentations…
So that there may be healing, instead of illness…
So that there may be victory, instead of defeat…

For I am the Great KING, says your GOD ALMIGHTY,
I AM that “I AM” Has Spoken

[b]

Genesis 1:26-27 (KJV): 26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Acts 10:39 (KJV): And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:
Romans 2:29 (KJV): But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
Acts 3:19 (KJV): Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
1 John 1:9 (KJV): If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 Thessalonians 5:23 (KJV): And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 10:9-10 (KJV): 9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Philippians 2:12 (KJV): Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Luke 12:48b (KJV): For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
Matthew 12:36-37 (KJV): 36But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
Ephesians 4:27 (KJV): Neither give place to the devil.
Ephesians 6:10-17 (KJV): 10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Luke 11:2-4 (KJV): 2And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. 3Give us day by day our daily bread. 4And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.
Ephesians 6:12 (KJV): For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Matthew 5:34-35 (KJV): 34But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne: 35Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.[/b]

Re: The Devil Never Rests by thehomer: 9:15am On Dec 14, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Babies break no Moral Law they only suffer the consequences of their parents choices who chooses whether or not they live.  All the analogies will only make sense to you if you know how you and I fully comprehend how we have broken the Moral Law of God.  As we answer these questions we will see how we have broken this Law and the penalty that we are supposed to pay.  You decide whether you want to pay this penalty or receive God's mercy.

Do babies go to heaven or hell when they die?

OLAADEGBU:

Have I always loved God my Creator with all my heart, mind, soul and strength?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I made a god in my own image? a god to suit myself?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I ever used God's name in vain?   ____YES  ___NO
Have I kept the Sabbath holy?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I always honoured my parents implicitly?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I murdered (God considers hatred as murder)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I committed adultery (including premarital sex and lust)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I stolen (the value is irrelevant)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I lied (including fibs and these questions)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I coveted (been greedy or materialistic)?  ____YES  ___NO 

What is the point of following these when God isn't just? He is already going to send you to heaven just for believing Bible stories regardless of whatever you may have done in the past.

OLAADEGBU:

If you have even broken one Law, then you have sinned against God and therefore will "surely die," for the "wages of sin is death."  (Death is the separation from God, either temporary or permanently)

Whatever happened to hell? The lake of fire where the Devil lives?

OLAADEGBU:

We are all guilty of breaking the Commandments.  Listen to the voice of your conscience, and let it remind you of some of the sins of the past.  We are not perfect as we are commanded to be (Matthew 5:48), neither is our heart pure.  On Judgment Day our transgressions will be the evidence of our shame.  Think of it: God has seen every sin we have ever committed.  We share our thought-life with Him.

This is the usual sort of guilt trip you Christians like engaging in. Maybe you need to look for something better.

OLAADEGBU:

We are guilty of violating His Law a multitude of times, yet if we repent, God can forgive us because Jesus stepped into the courtroom 2,000 years ago and paid the fine for us.

He is unqualified to make laws for humans to follow.

OLAADEGBU:

His death on the cross satisfied the Law we so blatantly transgressed, and at the same time demonstrated how much God loves us—

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." 

His shed blood on the cross can make you clean in the sight of a holy God, as though you have never sinned.

That was a trivial decision to make when we consider the beliefs being held.

OLAADEGBU:

God doesn't want you to go to Hell.  Please, forget your arguments, repent and put your trust in Jesus and be saved from God's wrath.  Make Psalm 51 your prayer, then read your Bible daily and always obey what you read; God will never let you down.

Hell? I thought you were only talking about death (whatever that means since you don't know what it actually is). Maybe he does want me to go to hell since he's still in hiding. I wonder why.
Maybe you actually need to read the Bible because it seems you're not aware of how depraved your God is.
Re: The Devil Never Rests by Image123(m): 10:28pm On Dec 14, 2011
thehomer=a nlder in dire need of Love.
Re: The Devil Never Rests by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:59am On Dec 15, 2011
Rebels against the Light
December 14, 2011

"They are of those that rebel against the light; they know not the ways thereof, nor abide in the paths thereof" (Job 24:13).

A major stumbling block for those who reject Christ is the clear biblical teaching that salvation is conditioned on believing on Christ as Saviour. "Neither is there salvation in any other; for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).

But what about sincere clean-living people who do not believe in Christ, and especially those who never hear of Christ?

Paul responds thus: "O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?" (Romans 9:20). God is our Creator, and what He does is right, by definition. No one deserves salvation, for "all have sinned" (Romans 3:23), so God has a perfect right to say: "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy" (Romans 9:15).

But is such arbitrariness just? Does it not go against our Godcreated sense of fairness? Why should some have full access to hearing the gospel, and others never hear at all?

"But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world" (Romans 10:18). The fact is that all men have received at least some light. The Lord Jesus Himself said: "This is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light. . . . But he that doeth truth cometh to the light" (John 3:19, 21).

Cornelius was such a man. He did not rebel against the light he had, but prayed for more light. Therefore God sent Peter to him (Acts 10), and when he heard, he believed and was saved. Perhaps God will send other "Peters" to any other "Corneliuses" who have believed whatever light they have (in nature, conscience, etc.) with the needed additional light to lead them to Christ. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: The Devil Never Rests by Image123(m): 8:53am On Dec 15, 2011
A sorry thing about rebels is that after they've vented out their frustrations and palpitations without repentance, God comes with the keys and says "closing time kid, no more play". The sorry end of a sinner.
Re: The Devil Never Rests by thehomer: 11:49am On Dec 15, 2011
Image123:

thehomer=a nlder in dire need of Love.

Do you love me? Are you willing to do what is necessary?
Re: The Devil Never Rests by thehomer: 11:50am On Dec 15, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Rebels against the Light
December 14, 2011

"They are of those that rebel against the light; they know not the ways thereof, nor abide in the paths thereof" (Job 24:13).

A major stumbling block for those who reject Christ is the clear biblical teaching that salvation is conditioned on believing on Christ as Saviour.  "Neither is there salvation in any other; for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).

But what about sincere clean-living people who do not believe in Christ, and especially those who never hear of Christ?

Paul responds thus: "O man, who art thou that repliest against God?  Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?" (Romans 9:20).  God is our Creator, and what He does is right, by definition.  No one deserves salvation, for "all have sinned" (Romans 3:23), so God has a perfect right to say: "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy" (Romans 9:15).

But is such arbitrariness just?  Does it not go against our Godcreated sense of fairness?  Why should some have full access to hearing the gospel, and others never hear at all?

"But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world" (Romans 10:18).  The fact is that all men have received at least some light.  The Lord Jesus Himself said: "This is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light. . . . But he that doeth truth cometh to the light" (John 3:19, 21).

Cornelius was such a man.  He did not rebel against the light he had, but prayed for more light.  Therefore God sent Peter to him (Acts 10), and when he heard, he believed and was saved.  Perhaps God will send other "Peters" to any other "Corneliuses" who have believed whatever light they have (in nature, conscience, etc.) with the needed additional light to lead them to Christ. HMM

For more . . . .

Your usual non-response when you have no reasonable arguments.
Re: The Devil Never Rests by thehomer: 11:53am On Dec 15, 2011
Image123:

A sorry thing about rebels is that after they've vented out their frustrations and palpitations without repentance, God comes with the keys and says "closing time kid, no more play". The sorry end of a sinner.

Maybe God will come with the keys and say "well done my people. You were able to actually think using the brains I gave you so you are now rewarded in paradise. Those who simply believed without questioning simply need another tour round the world. Lets hope they eventually learn to think for themselves."
Re: The Devil Never Rests by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:18pm On Dec 15, 2011
thehomer:

Do babies go to heaven or hell when they die?

Don't worry about babies' destination you should worry about where you are going to end up when you take your last breath.  God is a just God and He would always do what is right for no one deserves salvation, for "all have sinned" (Romans 3:23), so God has a perfect right to say: "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy" (Romans 9:15).

thehomer:

What is the point of following these when God isn't just? He is already going to send you to heaven just for believing Bible stories regardless of whatever you may have done in the past.

God is the One who sets the standard not you and He has given you the freewill to choose where you will like to end up.  The choice is yours to make.  Heaven or Hell.

thehomer:

Whatever happened to hell? The lake of fire where the Devil lives?

God has prepared this place for satan and his demons it is your choice if you decide to go with them.  All you have to do is to reject His free gift of eternal life.

thehomer:

This is the usual sort of guilt trip you Christians like engaging in. Maybe you need to look for something better.

Your conscience, if not silenced or muffled would speak to you, but it is your choice if you choose to disregard it.

thehomer:

He is unqualified to make laws for humans to follow.

That is, the god you made in your own image.  The God who created you made the Moral Law that will condemn you on Judgment Day if you refuse His pardon.

thehomer:

That was a trivial decision to make when we consider the beliefs being held.

That's all it takes for you to walk free.  Trust in the blood of Christ is what makes us free.

thehomer:

Hell? I thought you were only talking about death (whatever that means since you don't know what it actually is). Maybe he does want me to go to hell since he's still in hiding. I wonder why.
Maybe you actually need to read the Bible because it seems you're not aware of how depraved your God is.

While you are still a walking dead man the grace and mercy of God is available but the moment you close your eyes in death you will face the fearful looking Judge with no mercy.
Re: The Devil Never Rests by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:48pm On Dec 15, 2011
The Carnal Mind and Death
December 15, 2011

"To be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be" (Romans 8:6-7).

This passage defines for us both the carnal mind and the spiritual mind, not with formal definitions, but by giving equivalent terms.

First, the carnal mind is identified as being "enmity against God" (v. 7), a rampant disregard for God’s law. Furthermore, the carnal mind is equated with death, specifically eternal, spiritual death. A physically living person may have a carnal mind, bringing with it a spiritual deadness and eternal doom. This also serves us as a working definition of death--being hostile toward God, or minding the things of the flesh. "So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you" (vv. 8-9).

Next, we see that the spiritual mind is "life and peace" (v. 6)--a supreme preference for God and subjection to His will. This state not only leads to eternal life but is life, along with peace, even now. There can be no peace for the carnally minded.

Some would wrongly teach that the physical death of the unbeliever leads to the total annihilation of his body, soul, and spirit. However, this passage teaches that the minding of "the things of the flesh" (v. 5) does not only lead to ultimate physical death, but is death right now.

Death is not the extinction of being, but the alienation of that being from Christ. "For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die; but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live" (v. 13). "If Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness" (v. 10). JDM

For more . . . .
Re: The Devil Never Rests by thehomer: 7:56am On Dec 16, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Don't worry about babies' destination you should worry about where you are going to end up when you take your last breath.  God is a just God and He would always do what is right for no one deserves salvation, for "all have sinned" (Romans 3:23), so God has a perfect right to say: "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy" (Romans 9:15).

Why shouldn't I worry about the destination of babies? If he's willing to send them to hell, then why should I bother with him?
No, arbitrarily pardoning people isn't justice.

OLAADEGBU:

God is the One who sets the standard not you and He has given you the freewill to choose where you will like to end up.  The choice is yours to make.  Heaven or Hell.

His standard is arbitrary and thus not worthy of being followed.

OLAADEGBU:

God has prepared this place for satan and his demons it is your choice if you decide to go with them.  All you have to do is to reject His free gift of eternal life.

Is there a burning lake of fire?

OLAADEGBU:

Your conscience, if not silenced or muffled would speak to you, but it is your choice if you choose to disregard it.

My conscience rebels against such an atrocious God.

OLAADEGBU:

That is, the god you made in your own image.  The God who created you made the Moral Law that will condemn you on Judgment Day if you refuse His pardon.

No, that is the God of the Bible. A God who didn't know slavery was immoral among the other immoral reasoning he displayed.

OLAADEGBU:

That's all it takes for you to walk free.  Trust in the blood of Christ is what makes us free.

And that is an arbitrary method of rewarding people.

OLAADEGBU:

While you are still a walking dead man the grace and mercy of God is available but the moment you close your eyes in death you will face the fearful looking Judge with no mercy.

What is a walking dead man? Are you sure you're not one too? It seems fear is behind your choice of Gods. Maybe you should consider some other religions with more fearful Gods in order for you to avoid their hells. If you can't find one, I could make one up for you.
Re: The Devil Never Rests by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:11am On Dec 16, 2011
thehomer:

What is a walking dead man? Are you sure you're not one too? It seems fear is behind your choice of Gods. Maybe you should consider some other religions with more fearful Gods in order for you to avoid their hells. If you can't find one, I could make one up for you.

Read about the walking dead in the link below

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1076/1076_01.asp

Re: The Devil Never Rests by thehomer: 8:38am On Dec 16, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Read about the walking dead in the link below

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1076/1076_01.asp

I think I told you before that I don't read such mind rot as chick tracts. Anyway, here's a better showing of the walking dead.

Re: The Devil Never Rests by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:29pm On Dec 16, 2011
thehomer:

No, arbitrarily pardoning people isn't justice.

His standard is arbitrary and thus not worthy of being followed.

Pardoned?

Re: The Devil Never Rests by thehomer: 4:38pm On Dec 16, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Pardoned?

Off point? As usual, you've decided to go with an off point image.
Re: The Devil Never Rests by Sirniyeh(m): 8:15pm On Dec 16, 2011
All the posters in this thred did not get the point well. The author said satan does not rest, he roams about. To me, it's a complete fiction. Its a pity that we propagate what we dont understand. This author also said that rest is with jesus, that those who are not in christ are also not in rest. Infact this is what all posters should reply to. Now, I want you all to answer him, is it true that those who are not in christ are not in rest? Pls quick response because I'm provoked!
Re: The Devil Never Rests by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:42pm On Dec 16, 2011
thehomer:

Off point? As usual, you've decided to go with an off point image.

The walking dead may not be able to comprehend the message of that cartoon but let me break it down for you. The gospel is that the pardon for your sins has already been given. But you need to accept it by faith and that is if your conscience is not seared, already. undecided
Re: The Devil Never Rests by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:55pm On Dec 16, 2011
Sirniyeh:

All the posters in this thred did not get the point well. The author said satan does not rest, he roams about. To me, it's a complete fiction. Its a pity that we propagate what we dont understand. This author also said that rest is with jesus, that those who are not in christ are also not in rest. Infact this is what all posters should reply to. Now, I want you all to answer him, is it true that those who are not in christ are not in rest? Pls quick response because I'm provoked!

There is no peace for the wicked, man. cool
Re: The Devil Never Rests by thehomer: 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

The walking dead may not be able to comprehend the message of that cartoon but let me break it down for you. The gospel is that the pardon for your sins has already been given. But you need to accept it by faith and that is if your conscience is not seared, already. undecided

The gullible and the deceived resort to appealing to religious faith when they need an excuse to believe irrational things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Was Not Created Black; Man Turned Black Due To Punishment And Suffering / Winners Chapel 21-day Prayer And Fasting 2024 Prayer Points / The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 182
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.