Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) (25464 Views)

HID Awolowo Was Buried Beside Her Husband, Chief Obafemi Awolowo In Ikene (Pics) / Obasanjo Pushing HID Awolowo On Wheel-Chair (Picture) / Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nobody: 5:40am On Nov 28, 2011
Nchara:

Quit the ranting. Awo never fed Biafra. His wickedness would not allow him. He has told barefaced lies. I dare you or anyone to show where Nigeria fed Biafrans during the war.

He didn't have to. You should have cried to the guy who convinced you all to embark on a suicide misssion.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by 9javoice1(m): 5:40am On Nov 28, 2011
www./1968_Biafra%20_Report_By_American_Jewish_Congress.htm

i have a lot of repect for awo .
the hausas accepts their action b4 and after the war against biafrans.
even middle beltans accepts theirs too.

what had the biafran states did against these two groups? "nothing"
even we are trying to find a way in our heart to 4gv them.

but the yoruba's try as much as they can to deny?
and that makes it impossible for the biafrans.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by bashr8: 5:41am On Nov 28, 2011
Eko Ile:

Dude, we are talking about a freeking war. Awolow was on the other side, not on your side and he had no obligation to feed you, ojukwu too you to war, he declared his biafra state and you were under him and the biafra flag, not Nigerian flag.

You anger is misplaced, take your case to ojukwu. He not only failed to feed and protect you, he denied you food and that's a fact.

All your Awolow rubbish means nothing, it's even ridiculous entertaining such nonsense.

You people are acting as if WAR is some kind of tales by the moonlight gig. Very simple and naive people.

Isn't it moronic to be whining that your enemy didn't feed you and your army? Food is a matter of national security and your war leader should have formulated a safe and secure source of food that has nothing to do with your enemy.

Your war leaders not only goof, they deny you food, that was criminal and unconscionable.

my friend shut up ,awo had to obtain huge loan from imf to feed nigeria talkless of feeding biafra, who dash monkey banana and stop ranting cause your not making any sense.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by EkoIle1: 5:41am On Nov 28, 2011
Nchara:

Quit the ranting. Awo never fed Biafra. His wickedness would not allow him. He has told barefaced lies. I dare you or anyone to show where Nigeria fed Biafrans during the war.

Who is ranting? Obviously you. You're siting here crying that your enemy own you garri, when the man responsible for you was taking bribes and denying you food.

Abeg get out of here with that rubbish, Oh my god, my nemy is wicked, he didn't give me garri, he deny me akpu , This is funny for real.

Btw, this is biafra turning down food supply,

Western food aid was refused by the Biafra government, paranoid that it would have been poisoned, and the route for food aid would have opened a gap in the Biafran defence. What happened over the next three years was tragic, because it was all too preventable.

http://iconicphotos./tag/biafra/
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nchara: 5:42am On Nov 28, 2011
Aigbofa:

He didn't have to. You should have cried to the guy who convinced you all to embark on a suicide misssion.

Yet he claimed what he never was capable of doing and somebody posted these lies here, not so?
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nobody: 5:42am On Nov 28, 2011
Nchara:

Of course that was the reason for going to war. By implication of your logic then, Nigerians who happened to be Biafrans used Nigerian money (generated and maintained in their own part of Nigeria) to solve their pressing problem - survival from an enemy - and you want them to refund such money?

Even in time of peace, can you just go into the central bank in your state and cart money away, saying you want to use it to solve some pressing problem?
That is still called looting.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by bashr8: 5:43am On Nov 28, 2011
Aigbofa:

you mean the guy who we cried to deliver us from the hands of wicked and backward people like you that have sworn that the black man will never move foward and will continue to be at the bottom of the ladder, pl gets your facts right about ojukwu.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nchara: 5:44am On Nov 28, 2011
Then I enquired what happened to the food we are sending to the civilians. We were sending food through the Red cross, and CARITAS to them, but what happen was that the vehicles carrying the food were always ambushed by the soldiers.

Awo claimed here that ''we (Nigeria) were sending food to Biafra'' thru those named agencies. What a lie.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nobody: 5:46am On Nov 28, 2011
Enough about it already!! Even in the face of Truth, liars still talk angry angry angry angry

The great sage obviously said it as it is because there is no sound argument against him. The town hall meeting was obviously before Ojukwu died and Ojukwu knew about it, So why didn't he just deny it? Why didn't he accuse Awolowo of what  you eeediots are accusing Awolowo of? Why was he praising Awolowo while Awolowo said it in the interview that Ojkwu is irredeemable in his book and called him out?

Why were you Igbos depending on your "enemies" for food? In a war?  undecided undecided undecided undecided

Why did Ojukwu kill Awo's kinsmen and claim the coup was to "make Awo the president"?

Why didn't Ironsi release Awo from jail during 6 months of his tenure?

If Awo was such evil like you eeediots claim why was Ojukwu praising him even after Awolowo made it plane that Ojukwu is unforgivable? And don't give me the Igbos are forgiving bullshit cause 3miilion lives involved and We all know Igbos ain't forgiving because you goons here still hate an innocent man (Obafemi Awolowo) talkless of a guilty man,

Were Biafra soldiers waylaying the food? If not, why didn't they allow food planes in? Why?

Look, Yorubas hold there leaders accountable very well even though that's why we can vote out the unwanteds. The day Igbos will start generally holding their leaders acountable, they will see less mediocre in their leadership, Ojukwu betrayed Igbos through his actions, He dragged other parts of the Eastern region into the mess. Invaded  the Midwest and was heading west and you expect Awolowo to be friendly with him?
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nchara: 5:46am On Nov 28, 2011
Aigbofa:

Even in time of peace, can you just go into the central bank in your state and cart money away, saying you want to use it to solve some pressing problem?
That is still called looting.

Where is the evidence of looting. Did the Central BANK OF NIGERIA in the East get its money from Western or Northern Nigeria?
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nobody: 5:46am On Nov 28, 2011
Nchara:

Yet he claimed what he never was capable of doing and somebody posted these lies here, not so?

The burden of proof is on you. But he didn't have to feed Biafrans anyway. You ceased to be his responsibility with Ojukwu's declaration of Biafra.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by 9javoice1(m): 5:47am On Nov 28, 2011
by the matter of fact     "i never blv awolowo of my love will say this kind of lies just to defend the indefendable"
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by EkoIle1: 5:47am On Nov 28, 2011
bashr8:

my friend shut up ,awo had to obtain huge loan from imf to feed nigeria talkless of feeding biafra, who dash monkey banana and stop ranting cause your not making any sense.

STFU with your bait and switch 419.

Nigerian and under Awolowo as the finance minister didn't borrow 1 kobo to fund the war, it remains the only war in history fought without debt.

Btw, the quote below came from your kinsman.

Ekwueme said Chief Awolowo proved himself to be a prudent manager of human and material resources by maintaining strict fiscal discipline in government spending and equally ensured that the Federal Government did not borrow money to fight the war. The book on General Gowon was entitled: The Supreme Commander while the book on Chief Awolowo was entitled: Awo The Unfinished Greatness. The third was on the author himself entitled: The Baptism of Fire.
Failure of economic integration

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/10/gowon%E2%80%99s-post-war-policy-a-failure-ekwueme/

I keep telling you, STFU when we discuss Nigerian history, you are too ignorant and intellectually lazy to participate, you have nothing to offer.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nchara: 5:48am On Nov 28, 2011
Aigbofa:

The burden of proof is on you. But he didn't have to feed Biafrans anyway. You ceased to be his responsibility with Ojukwu's declaration of Biafra.

That proof is what am telling you now: Awo never fed Biafrans. Disprove me if you can.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nobody: 5:49am On Nov 28, 2011
Nchara:

Where is the evidence of looting. Did the Central BANK OF NIGERIA in the East get its money from Western or Northern Nigeria?

The Federal Government gets its money from all parts of Nigeria, some do contribute more than the other, but that is not a reason to declare secession and loot the central bank.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nobody: 5:51am On Nov 28, 2011
Nchara:

That proof is what am telling you now: Awo never fed Biafrans. Disprove me if you can.

And am supposed to believe you because you said so?
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nchara: 5:52am On Nov 28, 2011
Aigbofa:

The Federal Government gets its money from all parts of Nigeria, some do contribute more than the other, but that is not a reason to declare secession and loot the central bank.

From this response, I gather that secession was declared because of money in the central bank located in Eastern Nigeria, right? New history lessons for me, indeed.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nchara: 5:52am On Nov 28, 2011
Aigbofa:

And am supposed to believe you because you said so?

Why would I believe Awo, especially when he lied blatantly?
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by EkoIle1: 5:53am On Nov 28, 2011
Nchara:

But Ojukuw denied biafra food.

You are yet to address that, instead you are going on and on about the man with zero responsibility to feed you while ignoring the man responsible that actually denied you food.

Your argument is bogus and disingenuous, it's even laughable.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by 9javoice1(m): 5:53am On Nov 28, 2011

how many times did they accuse bush father falsely,did he responed?
the best answer for a fool is "silent"

ojukwu himself said that awolowo is "funny"
even as he knew that ojukwu release him from prison did awo found it reasonable
to put the history true that its ojukwu that release him, "no" instead he kept mute.

wait when we get to hevean we will see who reach and who dont and then why. "that is the famous igbo song"
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by dayokanu(m): 5:56am On Nov 28, 2011
I prefer the Benjamin Adekunle way

"I want see no Red Cross, no caritas, no World Council of Churches, no pope, no missionaey and no United Nations delegation. I want to prevent even one Igbo from having even one piece to eat before their capitulation. We shoot at everything that moves and when our troops march into the center of Igbo territory, we shoot at everything even at things that don't move"

-----Benjamin Adekunle

[img]http://bp3.blogger.com/_pyIBhtN_0F4/Rn465FD3haI/AAAAAAAAAI0/W5qMVDnJJII/s400/Benjamin+Adekunle+1.jpg[/img]

These people who think in warfare you have to feed your enemies? Is this Mortal kombat?
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by bashr8: 5:56am On Nov 28, 2011
Aigbofa:

funny people so biafra should have handed over its own resources to nigeria. these were two seperate countries incase you dont know
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nchara: 5:58am On Nov 28, 2011
Eko Ile:

But Ojukuw denied biafra food.

You are yet to address that, instead you are going on and on about the man with zero responsibility to feed you while ignoring the man responsible that actually denied you food.

Your argument is bogus and disingenuous, it's even laughable.  

Ojukwu may have denied entry of foreign food via Nigerian soil because there were strong evidence of food tampering and poisoning from the Nigerian side. That claim is not beyond what Nigeria can do, even today. Still, that does not warrant Awo telling barefaced lies that Nigeria was supplying food to Biafra, does it? Biafra was getting food via Biafran boarders until those boarders were closed at the instigation of Gowon/Awo in order to enable them inspect and probably poison food that will come in via Nigerian soil.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by bashr8: 6:00am On Nov 28, 2011
dayokanu:

[img]http://bp3.blogger.com/_pyIBhtN_0F4/Rn465FD3haI/AAAAAAAAAI0/W5qMVDnJJII/s400/Benjamin+Adekunle+1.jpg[/img]

These people who think in warfare you have to feed your enemies? Is this Mortal kombat?
another yoruba that showed his true hatred for igbos ,at least he was brave enough to admit it and we also seee how yorubas are proud of him for hating igbos so much. hope you people dont rewrite his own account of biafran war tomorrow
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by 9javoice1(m): 6:01am On Nov 28, 2011
Adekunle never deny his qoutes and actions, and that is why we dont care.
but when you do evil and try to deny them, that is where you get more enemies.

and this is the most problem between igbos and yorubas
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nchara: 6:02am On Nov 28, 2011
Okay!!! Enough of old history that will only keep going in circles. In retrospect can we say that Awo would be happy today for the Nigeria he fought to keep together? Tinubu can be easily said to be the Awo of today. What does he think about Nigeria's current situation in relation to Ojukwu and the biafra war?
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nchara: 6:03am On Nov 28, 2011
dayokanu:

Indeed, better a brave truth than solicitous, lily-livered bare-faced lies.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by lagcity(m): 6:04am On Nov 28, 2011
A word is enough for the wise. Papa Awo was telling Igbos that they have enemies within but they are not listening. Igbo ronu ooo.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by EkoIle1: 6:05am On Nov 28, 2011
Nchara:
[b]
Ojukwu may have denied entry of foreign food via Nigerian soil because there were strong evidence of food tampering and poisoning from the Nigerian side. [/b]That claim is not beyond what Nigeria can do, even today. Still, that does not warrant Awo telling barefaced lies that Nigeria was supplying food to Biafra, does it? Biafra was getting food via Biafran boarders until those boarders were closed at the instigation of Gowon/Awo in order to enable them inspect and probably poison food that will come in via Nigerian soil.

You mean Awolowo colluded with foreign aid workers to poison food sent in from abroad?

Or you are talking about the food you claimed Nigerian never sent to biafra? Which is which? You can't even keep up with your own lies and spin.

I'm not interested in your lies, opinion and spin, ojukwu was taking bribe and extorting money for free food sent in by aid workers from abroad, he refused them landing rights unless thay pay him. He himself admited that he did, the aid workers are in the video and ojukwu dey inside too admitting the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSqhqP3U-t4&feature=related

Please save your bogus and irrelevant opinion.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by bashr8: 6:06am On Nov 28, 2011
Nchara:

Okay!!! Enough of old history that will only keep going in circles. In retrospect can we say that Awo would be happy today for the Nigeria he fought to keep together? Tinubu can be easily said to be the Awo of today. What does he think about Nigeria's current situation in relation to Ojukwu and the biafra war?
no its not enough we must trash it out with them , tomorrow now they will come and claim adekunle loved igbos so much .

lagcity:

A word is enough for the wise. Papa Awo was telling Igbos that they have enemies within but they are not listening. Igbo ronu ooo.

so was it why igbos and other eastern peoples  money were seized in south west and northern banks after the war? because they had enemies within?
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by Nobody: 6:06am On Nov 28, 2011
Nchara:

[b]Ojukwu may have denied entry of foreign food via Nigerian soi[/b]l because there were strong evidence of food tampering and poisoning from the Nigerian side. That claim is not beyond what Nigeria can do, even today. Still, that does not warrant Awo telling barefaced lies that Nigeria was supplying food to Biafra, does it? Biafra was getting food via Biafran boarders until those boarders were closed at the instigation of Gowon/Awo in order to enable them inspect and probably poison food that will come in via Nigerian soil.

So there was some food coming through Nigerian territory? And there was fear some may be poisoned. The question then is not whether food was coming from Nigeria, but the real origin of the food, which Ojukwu or any Biafran had no way of confirming.

How then can you say with all certainty that Awo did not send any food.

Perhaps Ojukwu was taking the food, divert it to the war front and then tell Biafrans the food was poisoned and therefore destroyed.
Re: Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) by bashr8: 6:11am On Nov 28, 2011
Aigbofa:

So there was some food coming through Nigerian territory? And there was fear some may be poisoned. The question then is not whether food was coming from Nigeria, but the real origin of the food, which Ojukwu or any Biafran had no way of confirming.

How then can you say with all certainty that Awo did not send any food.

awo did not send any food, however gowon insisted food sent by international organisations pass through nigeria which biafra rejected cause of reports of food poisoning and babies dying from foods that passed through the nigerian army. they had to fly in foods secretely at night to biafra .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

FFK Blasts US Senator Leahy For Calling Nigerian Soldiers "Rapists & Murderers" / We’ll Replace Buhari In 2019; Nothing Will Stop Us, PDP Chairman, Sheriff, Vows / Ali Modu Sheriff Visits APC Secretariat, May Vie For Chairmanship Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.