Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,818 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? (4934 Views)

What I Saw @ ITC Park Owerri / Abia Engages Imo In Economic War, Shuts Down ITC In Aba, Umuahia / T.A Orji Chase Imo Transport Company (ITC) Out Of Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by asha80(m): 7:55am On Nov 28, 2011
i am not sure about this story i just heard but is it true that ITC has been sold? Can Imo people here confirm this?
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by CyberG: 8:24am On Nov 28, 2011
Really? I liked their service back when I was in Naija then.
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by xtianh(m): 9:18am On Nov 28, 2011
Well the last time i checked which was August of this year, i was speaking with one of the drivers he told me that they are stil accounting to the state government,
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by Otunne1: 9:28am On Nov 28, 2011
well itc has not been sold, but given to a private transport consultants to manage, for more productivity. I cant believe that itc remits less than 10mn to the state govt monthly.
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by Areosapien(f): 9:52am On Nov 28, 2011
As we have all come to see from past efforts by Nigeria's government, Federal/State-owned revenue generating facilities usually suffer from poor maintenance as well as epic embezzlement.
For this reason, just like Ada Palm, ITC has been assigned to a private foreign company to manage properly. The company's serious neglect from previous administrations sha. Hope it resurrects with this new development.
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by GWslim(f): 6:02pm On Nov 28, 2011
The Governor took the decision becos the operators are corruption and dishonesty with account.
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by asha80(m): 6:13pm On Nov 28, 2011
Otu nne:

well itc has not been sold, but given to a private transport consultants to manage, for more productivity. I cant believe that itc remits less than 10mn to the state govt monthly.

Areosapien:

As we have all come to see from past efforts by Nigeria's government, Federal/State-owned revenue generating facilities usually suffer from poor maintenance as well as epic embezzlement.
For this reason, just like Ada Palm, ITC has been assigned to a private foreign company to manage properly. The company's serious neglect from previous administrations sha. Hope it resurrects with this new development.

i know how government run enterprises are run ineptly but my questions are

what is the name of the firm that has been assigned to run it?

what is its reputation?

is there a law to back it?
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 28, 2011
GWslim:

The Governor took the decision becos the operators are corruption and dishonesty with account.
Na wa.
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by member479760: 6:52pm On Nov 28, 2011
and GEJ still wan do transport business.
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by Ndkings1(m): 10:29pm On Nov 28, 2011
No,not yet

but froom the look of thngs i think they will.
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by slap1(m): 10:31pm On Nov 28, 2011
GWslim:

I dey tell you! Chei.
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by uchimself: 12:29am On Nov 29, 2011
ITC can not be sold, if because , but they will never try such i love ITC, but if is 4 sale , pls I'm in good position to buy it.
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by Jobig(m): 8:13am On Nov 29, 2011
iTc is not sold,rather it is lease for ten years(the owner of sweet apple n co )
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by Kx: 8:27am On Nov 29, 2011
GWslim:

Beke bu agbara!
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by tejuoshom: 8:32am On Nov 29, 2011
Why would the Imo State Government sale Imo Transport Company?
In other countries Government own companies are manage properly,am surprise to  this news it makes one to feel sad
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by mustspin: 9:24am On Nov 29, 2011
you go fear grammar for this thread undecided undecided undecided
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:29am On Nov 29, 2011
^^^

What do you expect from children who only went to school because of the 100 Naira salary they would get at the end of the month, instead of for the knowledge.
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by Ninapha(f): 9:47am On Nov 29, 2011
[
Why would the Imo State Government sale [/b]Imo Transport Company?
In other countries Government [b]own companies are manage [/b]properly,[b]am surprise to  this
news it makes one to feel sad

iTc is not sold,rather it is lease for ten years(the owner of sweet apple n co )

uc-himself:

ITC can not be sold, if because , but they will never try such i love ITC, but if is 4 sale , pls I'm in good position to buy it.

This thread is prone to grammatical errors grin Poster do something!
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by TenKobo1: 9:52am On Nov 29, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by mustspin: 9:54am On Nov 29, 2011
best series of grammatical blunders ever. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by xtianh(m): 10:06am On Nov 29, 2011
@okija juju. YES, WE LIKE IT AS IT IS, INFACT I WANT ROCHAS to increase it to like #1000 per month, if e dey pain u, go and kiss a transformer n see hw it tastes.
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by liksy(f): 5:16pm On Nov 29, 2011
Ten Kobo:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Egbe Tummm!!!!!!!!!!! , GW Slim Supu Oyibo . This is blunder of the highest order.
Am just ROFLMAO.  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by asha80(m): 6:22pm On Nov 29, 2011
GWslim:

i do not see anything wrong with this statement though.at first glance it looks like nonsense grammar but it seems like someone saying something like 'those people are wolves in sheep clothing'.
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 29, 2011
asha 80:

i do not see anything wrong with this statement though.at first glance it looks like nonsense grammar but it seems like someone saying something like 'those people are wolves in sheep clothing'.
Abeg no make matters worse grin
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by asha80(m): 6:43pm On Nov 29, 2011
musKeeto:

Abeg no make matters worse grin

see i might be wrong but i still do not see much wrong in it unless it is the 'becos' people are looking at.
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by Dede1(m): 6:55am On Nov 30, 2011
Nigerians are borderline ingrates. When Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon unleashes his extraterrestrial grammar (Queens English) on the audience, few Nigerians will seem to be bent out of shape. Yet when GWSlim & Co labored so hard to bring the same Queens English down to the dirty soils of Nigeria, the same cross section of Nigerian society frowns at the effort.
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 30, 2011
Dede1:

Nigerians are borderline ingrates. When Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon unleashes his extraterrestrial grammar (Queens English) on the audience, few Nigerians will seem to be bent out of shape. Yet when GWSlim & Co labored so hard to bring the same Queens English down to the dirty soils of Nigeria, the same cross section of Nigerian society frowns at the effort.
Ah Dede, y r u talks like dis? Doesn't u know that we wanted to understanding what they are say? Hon. Pat own big pass our head. GWSlim and Co own is not Queen's English, And wtf do u mean dirty soils of Nigeria? IDIOTAAAA
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by asha80(m): 7:19am On Nov 30, 2011
i am still suprised people still think GWslim's statement is wrong grammar(apart from the becos)
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 30, 2011
Lmao. You are corruption and dishonesty with account, 

mscheew

The Governor took the decision because/becos the operators are corrupt and dishonest in handling the accounts.
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by asha80(m): 7:30am On Nov 30, 2011
musKeeto:

Lmao. You are corruption and dishonesty with account, 

mscheew

The Governor took the decision because/becos the operators are corrupt and dishonest in handling the accounts.

i already know that the second statement is what the critics are thinking the GWSLIM ought to have written(maybe that is what he intended to write) but i know i have seen such style of writing and speeches in books before.people who did english language as a course in university have what they call that sort of statement.
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 30, 2011
E be lyk say u still dey read King James, no insult intended cheesy
Re: ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? by asha80(m): 7:38am On Nov 30, 2011
musKeeto:

E be lyk say u still dey read King James, no insult intended cheesy

grin

well i know i read such style of books including shakespare. cheesy okay let us forget about the grammar thing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking: Cut-off Point Into Federal Unity Colleges For Yobe Is 2, Taraba, 3, An / Pictures Yoruba Leaders And Eze Ndiigbo During Election / Femi Fani Kayode Lies About Yoruba Being Nigeria’s Earliest Graduates: The Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.