Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,045 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? (9279 Views)

Photo:- Fayose Weeps, Calls Jonathan 'that silly President'? / Photo:- Fayose Weeps, Calls Jonathan ‘that silly President’? / Jonathan Is Behind That silly Letter ––iyaboobasanjo Blasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by KnowAll(m): 8:47pm On Nov 28, 2011
@KnowAll, as a Northerner, let me tell you that Northerners have never rejected Illorin people. Illorin has been culturally part of the North for hundreds of years while still remaining Yoruba. The cap you are talking about is not a Hausa cap. It's a cap worn across the North. In fact the best makers of that cap are found in Borno and not in Hausaland.

Another thing you may find difficult to comprehend is that for Muslims, faith brotherhood comes before ethnic brotherhood. Being too ethnocentric is frowned at in Islam. It is considered a sign of ignorance. Logically it is wrong to hate somebody for his ethnicity because he didn't chose which ethnic group to be born into.

WHAT is all these lecture? undecided Are there no Muslims in the SW. I beg, your strategy to continue enslaving the Kwarans has been exposed and it is time the people wake up and know we are in Nigeria of 2011 and not Dan Fodio's conquered empire of the 1830's
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by olawalebabs(m): 8:50pm On Nov 28, 2011
Desola, pls i want to ask you this simple question and will appreciate it if you can reply me. What problem did you have with Kwara(n)?
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by aljharem3: 8:53pm On Nov 28, 2011
IG:

@KnowAll, as a Northerner, let me tell you that Northerners have never rejected Illorin people. Illorin has been culturally part of the North for hundreds of years while still remaining Yoruba. The cap you are talking about is not a Hausa cap. It's a cap worn across the North. In fact the best makers of that cap are found in Borno and not in Hausaland.

Another thing you may find difficult to comprehend is that for Muslims, faith brotherhood comes before ethnic brotherhood. Being too ethnocentric is frowned at in Islam. It is considered a sign of ignorance. Logically it is wrong to hate somebody for his ethnicity because he didn't chose which ethnic group to be born into.

well put

+10
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by Desola(f): 8:54pm On Nov 28, 2011
olawalebab:

Desola, pls i want to ask you this simple question and will appreciate it if you can reply me. What problem did you have with Kwara(n)?

Simple! You guys are sell outs and it hurts me that you still call yourselves Yorubas! When Nigeria breaks up today, it kills me to know that you will align with the abokis or that if ever you come to our side, you'd be stooges!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by aljharem3: 9:06pm On Nov 28, 2011
Desola:

Simple! You guys are sell outs and it hurts me that you still call yourselves Yorubas! When Nigeria breaks up today, it kills me to know that you will align with the abokis or that if ever you come to our side, you'd be stooges!

oh shut it, so stu.pid

so if someone is praticing a religion and chose to wear the attire associated with the religion, it means they are from the ethnic group ?

Are nupes now HAUSAS

are kanuris now hausas ?

is babaden of Nigeria who was Mohammed folawoyo a yoruba man now Hausa ? just because of his dressing ?

abeg go siddon and get common sense.

Or is suit and trousers now means you are Christian or White ?
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by olawalebabs(m): 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2011
Thanks for that innocent response. Am a full blooded yoruba man, to the core. Going by Nigeria political configuration, kwara falls in the north(dominated by the hausa). Yoruba Kwara has not benefits from all the goodies Awo give the yoruba south west rather they benefits from Sar'dauna largess. That's why my comment tend to be of hausa, we are not sell out. As per if Nigeria break up, where do we belong, that is very clear, where our heart lies is where we are. Thank you
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by Desola(f): 9:13pm On Nov 28, 2011
olawalebab:

Thanks for that innocent response. Am a full blooded yoruba man, to the core. Going by Nigeria political configuration, kwara falls in the north(dominated by the hausa). Yoruba Kwara has not benefits from all the goodies Awo give the yoruba south west rather they benefits from Sar'dauna largess. That's why my comment tend to be of hausa, we are not sell out. As per if Nigeria break up, where do we belong, that is very clear, where our heart lies is where we are. Thank you

where do your hearts lie?
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by olawalebabs(m): 9:21pm On Nov 28, 2011
I said, am a full blooded yoruba man, odu'a tokan tokan
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by AndreUweh(m): 9:45pm On Nov 28, 2011
This is the way Kwarans want to be associated with, respect them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by tpia5: 10:09pm On Nov 28, 2011
Andre Uweh:

like i said, i have photos of my dad, who isnt kwaran, wearing the same hat.

so what's the problem?

feedback from the agbada thread?
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by aljharem3: 10:12pm On Nov 28, 2011
Andre Uweh:

let me talk on ika threads and u tell me crap. u go see grin
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by PointB: 10:13pm On Nov 28, 2011
Are Kwara and Kogi not Northern states? Whats the fuss about?
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by aljharem3: 10:14pm On Nov 28, 2011
PointB:

Is Kwara and Kogi not a Northern state? Whats the fuss about?

nope they are northern states
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by PointB: 10:19pm On Nov 28, 2011
^^^

. . . and the fuss?
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by Mesico2(m): 10:27pm On Nov 28, 2011
@Desola if u care to know,am a full blooded yoruba man and it baffles me how ur stink memory just jump to decision of being okoro. all hail the state of harmony,
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by Desola(f): 10:36pm On Nov 28, 2011
Mesico2:

@Op and Desola. You guys just like to cause trouble. Is it today you see pple dress the way they feel like? You guys should stfu and solve your problems.or are you jealous of we kwarans?

oloshi, when did okoro become kwarans. You better stick to your this way to caves.
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by JamesDoe: 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2011
Kwarans, ronu.

Whenever I meet a Kwaran and they give me a heavy Arabic name, I stare at them till they give me their Yoruba name.

There are Moslems in SW states but they use their Yoruba names and even when they have Arabic names they will provide the Yoruba name. So Kwarans, why?
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by DisGuy: 11:18pm On Nov 28, 2011
JamesDoe:

Kwarans, ronu.

Whenever I meet a Kwaran and they give me a heavy Arabic name, I stare at them till they give me their Yoruba name.

There are Moslems in SW states but they use their Yoruba names and even when they have Arabic names they will provide the Yoruba name. So Kwarans, why?

but when you meet Igbos and they give you some oyinbo/Christian names you don't stare at them till they give you their igbo names right?

poof

whoever give you his other name in place of what he 'prefers' to be called has issues,
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by JamesDoe: 11:23pm On Nov 28, 2011
Well I'm not Igbo so ,

I'm full blooded Yoruba!
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by aloyemeka1: 11:27pm On Nov 28, 2011
Desola:

#The Yoruba gene is a total waste on the Kwarans. We got it wrong with them.

Don't call them Yorubas, they are 'Yorusas'.

Why do you take pride in insulting people from other tribes?. Are you cursed or what?
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 29, 2011
The baseline, everybody must do the necessary to preserve their cultural heritage and one of the most effective ways of expressing where we from is simply how we dress. Kwara is a speaking state and if there are muslims in the south-western states that still dresses Yoruba to the core, why must here be any different if not for insensitivity on the part of the ilorin people.
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by DisGuy: 5:42pm On Nov 29, 2011
colomb:

The baseline, everybody must do the necessary to preserve their cultural heritage and one of the most effective ways of expressing where we from is simply how we dress. Kwara is a speaking state and if there are muslims in the south-western states that still dresses Yoruba to the core, why must here be any different if not for insensitivity on the part of the ilorin people.

insensitivity to who exactly? you guys are absolute jokers!! you want them to dress a certain way, how can you dictate what they are to them?

its like telling a mix race dude to shave his hair like black people when he wants to gel his hair or telling him to gel his hair when he wants to shave it off like a black man!!

Is David Mark Igbo or Hausa?

sad thing is some of you will be working in HR department or sitting on interview panels, you will be dragging this absurd reasoning of yours all over the place
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by DisGuy: 5:42pm On Nov 29, 2011
JamesDoe:

Well I'm not Igbo so ,

I'm full blooded Yoruba!

Okay, James!
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 29, 2011
Falana gbotie, tara eni laakoogbo. We like it like that. Abeg make I put on my tajia too.
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 29, 2011
Like seriously though, Kwara is not a Yoruba state but it's a 75-80% Yoruba. Many Nupe people etc, Are not Yoruba but they don't even speak their own language anymore, they speak Yoruba. Does that count as them denying their heritage?

No!! If you go to Ilorin, you'll see everybody speaks Yoruba. Even mai suya will speak Yoruba to you but most likely not Yoruba. Even many cattle herders speak Yoruba but they are not Yoruba. You know why they feel comfortable leaving their language and speaking Yoruba? Because the Yoruba never imposed Yoruba on the minorities in Kwara.

Ilorin is obviously a Yoruba town with an Emir whose family is no longer Fulani than Tinubu's Family is Fulani. And even the Emir's position requires highest level of sophistication possible because, like the Yorubas did before, they can burn down the palace again. So everybody lives together with sophistication which makes a society peaceful.

If Nigeria can take the Emir's sophistication into Leadership, it will be the end of nepotism in this country. The emir know his limit among the people and knows he is ceremonial hence why Yorubas respect him. Yorubas in Ilorin respect the emir not because of fear but because emirate has become a part of Ilorin's history (yet Ilorin is not an emirate in the sense of the title). The Emir of Ilorin encourages religious in many senses. He sometimes honour invitations to churches etc, Seriously, Nigeria can take a clue from Ilorin!!!

And you folks, Ilorin is not Kwara, Ilorin is just a city in Kwara. So when you judge Ilorin people however you want, don't conclude your judgement by using "kwara". There is Ofa, Omu Aran, Ajase Ipo, Oro, Esie, etc, all Yoruba towns in Kwara and they have no historical tie with Ilorin.
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by tarano: 8:55pm On Nov 29, 2011
I agree kwara and kogi are northern states period, when 2015 comes power goes back to the north, Bukola Saraki for president, let see how far he will go,

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by DisGuy: 9:59pm On Nov 29, 2011
tarano:

I agree kwara and kogi are northern states period, when 2015 comes power goes back to the north, Bukola Saraki for president, let see how far he will go,

Why are you bothered about him? IF Kwara was a southern state will he become the president based on him being yoruba?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by Dede1(m): 10:06pm On Nov 29, 2011
KnowAll:
What is wrong with this Ilorin people, they behave like a defeated people despite the fact that the incursion into their land that made them Muslims in the 1830’s was the same continual one albeit subtle incursion into the SW that made several people Muslims in Lagos, Ogun, Oshun, Oyo and Ondo State.

Why do the other Yoruba’s despite being Muslim or Christians still put on traditional Yoruba caps when they dress in native attires? The Kwara people despite being Yoruba just want to belong, their attitude to me appear as someone trying effortlessly to woo the North and each time they try hard, the Northerners spurns such overtures with disdain. Is it not high time they smell the coffee and retrace their steps embracing and celebrating their Yorubaness instead of being an attaché to a Group who does not reckon and want them.

During the last PDP insistence that the Presidential Candidate for the Party should come from the North, Kwara’s Saraki was openly spurned and referred to as a Yoruba man yet the silly guy and the even more sillier new Governor goes around wearing one stupiiiid Hausa cap trying to belong. What is wrong with this people?

It is not a matter of acting like bunch of defeated people. In fact, they were soundly defeated. Did you think Afonja’s saga was a mere a stock of your trade- unfounded conjecture?
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by AndreUweh(m): 11:16pm On Nov 29, 2011
Kwara is a northern state and they are happy where they are. They are not complaining.
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by Oba234: 11:30pm On Nov 29, 2011
never understood why Kwara state is considered a Northern state. If you were to give a nigerian map to a non nigerian and asked them to place Kwara state in a zone, I am pretty sure Kwara state will be placed in the south. Based on my map, Kwara state is in Southern Nigeria. I don't even consider Kwara or Kogi or a middle belt state. Abuja, plateau and Niger are the true middle belt states. Maybe I am looking at this with my American eyes,
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by AndreUweh(m): 11:39pm On Nov 29, 2011
Oba234:

never understood why Kwara state is considered a Northern state. If you were to give a nigerian map to a non nigerian and asked them to place Kwara state in a zone, I am pretty sure Kwara state will be placed in the south. Based on my map, Kwara state is in Southern Nigeria. I don't even consider Kwara or Kogi or a middle belt state. Abuja, plateau and Niger are the true middle belt states. Maybe I am looking at this with my American eyes,
Now that you know they are in the north of Nigeria, hope you do not mislead your uninformed American friends.
History 101: Following the sultanate lines before the annexation of Nigeria, the British included them in Northern Nigeria.
They are happy with it. There is no point in any one taking pain killers for anothers headache.
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by DisGuy: 11:40pm On Nov 29, 2011
Oba234:

I think theres some geo-political map used to place states after 1999, it used to be just northern nigeria, southern nigeria, divided by the rivers but now its 6 geopolitical zones, so some people are a bit lost here and there

lets be honest there was nothing like the South-South per se before

One of the main reason Yorubas and some people 'still' call anyone from the east of the river as Igbo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fati Abubakar Appointed Niger Chief-Justice / Buhari’s Eligibility Suit To Be Heard By March 19 / DPR Seals NNPC, Mobil, Total Filling Stations For Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.