Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

GEJ Directs Road Repair Work Nationwide To Be Top Priority - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Directs Road Repair Work Nationwide To Be Top Priority (4296 Views)

Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel / Okada Ban: Motorcycle Dealers Nationwide To Cast Protest Votes / FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Directs Road Repair Work Nationwide To Be Top Priority by Kx: 8:38am On Nov 29, 2011
GEJ directs road repair.

In a civilized society, will this make news?
Does he need to direct FERMA and Ministry of Works to do the work they are ordinarily paid for on a monthly basis?

Until he commissions the repaired roads, I wont be moved.
Re: GEJ Directs Road Repair Work Nationwide To Be Top Priority by Baawaa(m): 8:53am On Nov 29, 2011
we dont need stories,actions is what we need
Re: GEJ Directs Road Repair Work Nationwide To Be Top Priority by blackpanda: 9:01am On Nov 29, 2011
Pls WHY CANT U GUYS READ BEFORE SPITTING RUBBISH COMMENT

The man did not say he promised anything, he SAID WORK HAS ALREADY BEGUN.

SO I DONT UNDERSTAND THE NEED FOR SO MUCH HATE.

I was never a GEJ supporter, but the fact is that the man is already there, so we must let him work. Instead sitting there and spitting out DISCOURAGING comments, why not join hands to assist govt in achieving its policies.

Afterall, if you dont believe in the govt, then u have no right to expect it to work

All these spitting of bitter words is getting too much. Even during the obasanjo regime (which is reputed for the grossest embezzlement and corruption) it was not as bad as this! GEJ is a human being, Nigeria can not suddenly become shangrila overnight!
Re: GEJ Directs Road Repair Work Nationwide To Be Top Priority by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 29, 2011
19,999 promises - 2 fulfilled one's, remains how many? Retardeen grin
Re: GEJ Directs Road Repair Work Nationwide To Be Top Priority by mrjingles(m): 10:21am On Nov 29, 2011
From the comments on this thread I think Mr. President should forget about roads and invest in EDUCATION! The English here is heartbreaking.
Re: GEJ Directs Road Repair Work Nationwide To Be Top Priority by hakanai(m): 10:37am On Nov 29, 2011
Cut this Man some slack here.What is it?he simply told you folks he has heard your plea and is doing something about it.May God help him realize his dreams if good . undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: GEJ Directs Road Repair Work Nationwide To Be Top Priority by 1025: 10:53am On Nov 29, 2011
in the same manner he(jonathan) declared state of emergency in our power sector 2 years ago. if emergency is lasting this long, who knows how long "HE DIRECTS" will take?
abeg, mr. president, u are boring. steal the money wey u come steal and leave us alone.
no matter what you have directed and declared, we are saying NO TO FUEL SUBSIDY REMOVAL.
Re: GEJ Directs Road Repair Work Nationwide To Be Top Priority by blacksta(m): 11:03am On Nov 29, 2011
Retardeen has spoken - in 20years time - u will see road - another wasted opportunity to redeem Nigeria
Re: GEJ Directs Road Repair Work Nationwide To Be Top Priority by agitator: 11:42am On Nov 29, 2011
blackpanda:

Pls WHY CANT U GUYS READ BEFORE SPITTING RUBBISH COMMENT

The man did not say he promised anything, he SAID WORK HAS ALREADY BEGUN.

SO I DONT UNDERSTAND THE NEED FOR SO MUCH HATE.

I was never a GEJ supporter, but the fact is that the man is already there, so we must let him work. Instead sitting there and spitting out DISCOURAGING comments, why not join hands to assist govt in achieving its policies.

Afterall, if you dont believe in the govt, then u have no right to expect it to work

All these spitting of bitter words is getting too much. Even during the obasanjo regime (which is reputed for the grossest embezzlement and corruption) it was not as bad as this! GEJ is a human being, Nigeria can not suddenly become shangrila overnight!

u want to talk sense into yoriba tribalist, or northerners who believe ruling nigeria is their birthright?

all the yoriba critics where were they when OBJ was draining the country, he spend $50 billion on power and still no light. The hausa's and yoribas have been ruling the country for the past 50 years nothing to show for it. GEJ is there for less than a year and they are crying blood and thunder. I don't blame them, I blame the useless kaikai and ogogoro drinking ijaw people, who put the whole niger delta into the mess. angry angry angry
Re: GEJ Directs Road Repair Work Nationwide To Be Top Priority by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 29, 2011
Kx:

GEJ directs road repair.

In a civilized society, will this make news?
Does he need to direct FERMA and Ministry of Works to do the work they are ordinarily paid for on a monthly basis?

Until he commissions the repaired roads, I wont be moved.

I agree completely with the quote above.

It is because the institutions of governance have been systematically abused and weakened over the years that our nation has made such slow progress. Why must the President give a "directive" before some people will do their job?

I believe strongly that for our country to fulfill its potential, the institutions and machinery of governance must be strengthened. People in charge of these agencies and parastatals must be held accountable, and those who are derelict in their duties should resign, be sacked or punished as the case may be. Why, for instance, should the Minister of National Planning still remain in office even after admitting that Vision 20:2020 is no longer feasible? Such admission is a tacit statement to the effect that he has failed in his job.

Until we strengthen our institutions to operate independently and proactively instead of waiting for "presidential directives", our progress as a nation will remain painfully slow.

QED.
Re: GEJ Directs Road Repair Work Nationwide To Be Top Priority by bigdoo: 3:16pm On Nov 29, 2011
I used the Lagos - Ore - Benin express road in August and there was so much delay and holdup for about 5 hours at Ore. I noticed that the holdup was due to repairs on the road. I was however pleasantly surprised when I used the same road in November as there was less delay and holdup. Also there was marked and significant improvement on the road. I can say that more than 60% of the repair work had been achieved when I used the road earlier this month November. I believe that before long the entire road would be fixed. I must commend GEJ's government for a job well done. I have noticed that for over the past ten years no serious effort had been made by previous governments to repair the road. WELL DONE MR PRESIDENT.
Re: GEJ Directs Road Repair Work Nationwide To Be Top Priority by dinah777: 4:32pm On Nov 29, 2011
Good one Mr president,Thank You for listening.
Re: GEJ Directs Road Repair Work Nationwide To Be Top Priority by cronaldo: 2:15pm On Nov 30, 2011
good idea but also remeber to provide jobs to most unemployed graduates.

To get latest jobs vacancies, visit and join http://www.NaijaOpenJobs.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breach Of Protocol: Mallam Lawal Kazaura Should Be Punished, Not Emefiele / CNN Exposes Buhari's Foreign Bank Account / Checkout thish Facebook Post About APC Aspirant Sanwo-Olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.