Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,238 members, 7,849,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:54 AM

What Is Wrong With This Driving? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is Wrong With This Driving? (1597 Views)

@yola Airport: What Is Wrong With Our Leaders! / Driving From Lagos To Abuja / Driving From Abuja To Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With This Driving? by Vicjustice: 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2011
[flash=600,380]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xcx9tggh24[/flash]

Please, comment on this Driving, a typical Nigerian style driving, is anything wrong with it?
Re: What Is Wrong With This Driving? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 28, 2011
Why would anyone drive in the overtaking / fast lane on a dual carriageway, when there are no vehicles to overtake?
Re: What Is Wrong With This Driving? by Vicjustice: 1:23am On Nov 29, 2011
Siena:

Why would anyone drive in the overtaking / fast lane on a dual carriageway, when there are no vehicles to overtake?
This indicate that you're an international driver because, most Nigerian drivers still do not know that it is a violation to drive on the fast lane; this is a major cause of accident since the vast majority of the road users have never taken driving lessons before
Re: What Is Wrong With This Driving? by Nobody: 3:00am On Nov 29, 2011
Vicjustice:

This indicate that you're an international driver because, most Nigerian drivers still do not know that it is a violation to drive on the fast lane; this is a major cause of accident since the vast majority of the road users have never taken driving lessons before

That's one aspect of Nigerian motoring that needs to be invested in - proper driving lessons, strictly monitored, and licenses not just handed out to anyone who's willing to pay, with zero driving experience.
Re: What Is Wrong With This Driving? by Vicjustice: 1:14pm On Dec 10, 2011
I applied for a Nigerian licence in 2008, (you wouldn't like to be driving in Nigeria with a European licence otherwise, you'd need to sort it out whenever you encounter the police); i wasn't surprised when they said:
"haba, you don't need to do the test, just give us your detail and put your signature here, and your licence is ready in no time." And believe me, in less than 20 minutes, my licence was ready. This is horrible, they won't even let you do things normally.
Re: What Is Wrong With This Driving? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 10, 2011
^^^ Vicjustice, an European Driver's Licence can be used in Nigeria for a certain period of time. Tourists are certainly not going to obtain a Nigerian Driver's Licence for a brief stay. If I had any desire to drive in Nigeria, I would use my UK Driver's Licence, which is valid for a temporary period in Nigeria.

If I got stopped by the police, I would simply produce my UK licence, my insurance and the road worthiness certificate (if applicable) for the car I was driving. I will not offer a bribe under any circumstance, as I have not broken the law. They would have to arrest me, and charge me too. The NPF know where to draw the line, with regards to where their "supplement" comes from. They definitely wont get it from me.

It's a moot point though, as I have no desire to drive in Nigeria.
Re: What Is Wrong With This Driving? by Vicjustice: 4:01pm On Dec 30, 2011
Siena:

^^^ Vicjustice, an European Driver's Licence can be used in Nigeria for a certain period of time. Tourists are certainly not going to obtain a Nigerian Driver's Licence for a brief stay. If I had any desire to drive in Nigeria, I would use my UK Driver's Licence, which is valid for a temporary period in Nigeria.

If I got stopped by the police, I would simply produce my UK licence, my insurance and the road worthiness certificate (if applicable) for the car I was driving. I will not offer a bribe under any circumstance, as I have not broken the law. They would have to arrest me, and charge me too. The NPF know where to draw the line, with regards to where their "supplement" comes from. They definitely wont get it from me.

It's a moot point though, as I have no desire to drive in Nigeria.
   Easier said, Siena. But how would you like to be unnecessarily stopped and frequently questioned at length even though you know you've done nothing wrong and that your documents are updated and valid?
   The NPF knows that you're clean, but they would do anything to delay you and force you into "sorting" them in order to minimise the unnecessary delay. If one decided to give them money just to let sleeping dog lie, i don't reckon such person as a briber, but rather as a victim of police robbery.
   Why would i be interested in writing down the numbers on a police officer's badge and taking it to higher authority when i know that 200 Naira will save the stress?
Re: What Is Wrong With This Driving? by bilaya(m): 9:54pm On Dec 31, 2011
Vicjustice:

I applied for a Nigerian licence in 2008, (you wouldn't like to be driving in Nigeria with a European licence otherwise, you'd need to sort it out whenever you encounter the police); i wasn't surprised when they said:
"haba, you don't need to do the test, just give us your detail and sign here, and your licence is ready in no time." And believe me, in less than 20 minutes, my licence was ready. This is horrible, they won't even let you do things normally.

That is the reason why most Nigerian drivers don't even know what a zebra crossing means.It's terrible
Re: What Is Wrong With This Driving? by ekoboy: 9:46am On Jan 05, 2012
Well, the next time you guys are in Nigeria, I'll suggest you also drive like this to avoid running into abandoned or just packed vehicle, or even sand, gravel , anything you can imagine.
Re: What Is Wrong With This Driving? by tEsLim(m): 1:13pm On Jan 05, 2012
Come and drive in Lagos and start preaching fast lane / over take lane. Even BRT lane self is sometimes occupied by cars. Somethings are difficult to apply in Lagos especially. I know roads where you have to drive in the middle to avoid bumps, abandoned vehicles etc.
Re: What Is Wrong With This Driving? by iice(f): 5:06am On Jan 06, 2012
Sorry but Lmao at comments.

(1) (Reply)

Canadian Visa(visting Or Study Permit) / Turkey / In Need Of A Place To Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.