Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,269 members, 7,815,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

God Is A Game! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is A Game! (735 Views)

If God Is Omnipotent, Can He... / Sign Fireman Explains How God Is A Game!!! / God Is Unquestionable (my Pastor) Prophet Akinade Of Lion Of Judah Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God Is A Game! by danam: 9:35pm On Nov 28, 2011
Nigerians, i thought you guys should know by now that every one is looking for a little fame and can do anything for it. Mr Seyi rhodes is just one of them. He is a scam and a liar and will do anyhing to get that fame that was why he went after, Rev. Dr. Sign Fireman. Read this piece i found on a blog on his (Dr. Sign Fireman's) website.

“God is a Game” by Dr. Sign Fireman – The Full Message

Recently, Channel 4 aired Seyi Rhode’s documentary of Dr. Sign Fireman and some Nigerian Pastors. Because of how he edited the videos he used, it looked like Dr. Fireman’s teaching that “God is a Game” was wrong … until you go through it in full. Below is the full message. Read it and judge.

In First Corinthians 9:24-26, Paul said: “Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air.
He said, “So RUN ….” That is talking about the SPORT of running. He also said, “… so fight I, not as one that BEATETH THE AIR.” That is talking about A GAME like boxing. Paul is comparing God to the sport of running. And Paul is also comparing God to the GAME of boxing.
So, God is a game.
I didn’t say that; Paul did!
What does he mean?
Every game is ruled by laws. The same way, God is an adventure, ruled by laws. If we obey God’s laws in the Bible, our lives will be as enjoyable as a game!
And the game is easy: all it takes is for you to obey God’s laws!
If God’s people will learn to obey God’s laws, their lives will be as enjoyable as a game!

This is the written teaching that Dr. Sign Fireman gave the pastors to teach. I am a member of one of the branches. That is how it was given to us. This is my own copy. But Seyi Rhodes grossly edited it, picking only “God is a game” and “The game is easy.” Read the whole teaching, and put all those things in their proper places, and tell me whether Dr. Fireman was wrong! And that is what he did to every other thing in his documentary! We have the original videos of all those services. Frankly, because we know the truth, we are not moved!

We as christians should be mature enough to verify and check out things before concluding and assuming. Its just a shame that one man can make us sin against GOD by lies and editting the truth.
Re: God Is A Game! by Thelstan(m): 9:53pm On Nov 28, 2011
Dr Fireman's Fans have joined Nairaland. Cool, cool.

The advert below is part of the Game. No be small thing at all.

[img]http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg615/scaled.php?tn=0&server=615&filename=32aya.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640[/img]
Re: God Is A Game! by Claus(m): 3:41pm On Nov 29, 2011
God is NOT a game and Paul was not referring to God as a game! He was talking about self discipline, AND he talks about going into "strict training" which is at odds with the crazy statement that the game is easy.

That bit of deception in the message is enough to open anyone's eyes.

(1) (Reply)

Papa Oyedepo / Being Christ-like? / What Is Life..whats Life All About?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.