Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,489 members, 7,830,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work (4177 Views)

Why Buhari Had To Abandon His Campaign Promises-lai Mohamed / "Northern Youths" Threaten To "Extinguish" AIT If Buhari Doesn't Win (Letter) / Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by manuch(m): 9:36pm On Nov 28, 2011
Contractors handling various projects, especially roads for the Imo state government have threatened to abandon their sites following the failure of government to release money to them
One of the contractors (names withheld) who narrated their ordeal in the hands of the state government told Nigerian Horn that the state Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha asked them to go to work and that he will pay them fully instead of paying them in bits.
According to him, Governor Okorocha told them to mobilize and start work fully if they are to receive their money. He also said that they were assured that they will be paid 25% mobilization and that the remaining 75% has already been guaranteed at the banks by the state government.
Continuing, the contractor stated that based on the assurance by the state government, some of them borrowed money to hire equipments and mobilized their workers to site at both Owerri, Orlu and Okigwe. According to him, for over two weeks, they have been working in earnest.
He however lamented that since they mobilized and began work, they have not been paid any money by the state government. He also disclosed that no contract paper was given to any of them.
Expressing worry over the non release of money by the state government, the contractor said they are currently experiencing serious hardship. According to him, some of them came to Imo State from Abuja, Lagos and other parts of the country. He said they can no longer afford to pay their hotel bills, hire equipments nor pay their workers.
Furthermore, he stated that they agreed to start work without payment because the state government assured them that it has reserved N65billion for road construction.
While appealing to the Imo State government to bail them out through release of money, the contractor said that they will abandon work if nothing is done over their plight by end of next week.

http://nigerianhornnewspaper.com.ng/
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by igbo2011(m): 9:42pm On Nov 28, 2011
source?
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by PointB: 9:48pm On Nov 28, 2011
looks to me like someone want to vanish into thin air after collecting 25% mobilisation; otherwise I dont know why they are lamenting when they have only worked for just 2 freaking weeks! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by Areosapien(f): 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2011
PointB:

looks to me like someone want to vanish into thin air after collecting 25% mobilisation; otherwise I dont know why they are lamenting when they have only worked for just 2 freaking weeks! shocked shocked shocked

Guy, why do you even bother? The news is totally false. Check the posting. It's from Nigerian Horn, a well known propaganda press owned by a PDP slave. These were the same people that posted about Rochas being an Ogoni man, as well as the March rumor that Rochas had stepped down from the gubernatorial race. But would you believe that when Rochas defeated Ohakim at the tribunal on November 3, they went COMPLETELY silent, refusing to post the news grin. No one in Imo takes them seriously.
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by Areosapien(f): 9:57pm On Nov 28, 2011
Sorry, I meant to say Ogboni.
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by PointB: 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2011
^^^

Little wonder then. Thanks for the heads up
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by presido1: 1:56pm On Nov 29, 2011
manuch:

Contractors handling various projects, especially roads for the Imo state government have threatened to abandon their sites following the failure of government to release money to them
One of the contractors (names withheld) who narrated their ordeal in the hands of the state government told Nigerian Horn that the state Governor,
When i saw the highlighted, i stopped reading.
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by ZE: 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2011
very cheap and lame propaganda.

just two weeks and the issue is making news headline.

Gov. Rochas make sure you tight all the loop holes criminals use to loot Imo treasury. its no longer business as usual.
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 29, 2011
nigerian horn!

More like devil's horn.
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by stepo707: 3:09pm On Nov 29, 2011
Imanuelle:

nigerian horn!

More like devil's horn.
grin grin
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by mykoi55: 3:21pm On Nov 29, 2011
This is a new era in IMO state, gone are the days when contracts are awarded to compensate party members and

friends. My advice to the contractors is to source for funds and complete the jobs as quickly as they can so to collect

their money and pay back their creditors. that's how to do contract and how to differentiate b/w  real CONTRACTORS

and "emergency contractors". Do not be a double looser by abandoning the job after only two weeks on site.
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by venchi: 3:43pm On Nov 29, 2011
why should you shout or lament when you have been told to do your contract job and that money had been reserved for the projects find money and finish your job fast and also remember to do a very nice and good job so that you will collect your money and another contract will be awarded to you if you claim to be a contractor
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by Funkymallam(m): 4:11pm On Nov 29, 2011
Mu hehehehe. See as una spoil dis ppl wrk with mouth.
But i saw something dia o lipsrsealed
manuch:

both Owerri, Orlu and Okigwe.

http://nigerianhornnewspaper.com.ng/

Nigerian Horn ke
Imo head ni
'beer parlour rumour' appologies to GEJ grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by silibaba: 4:30pm On Nov 29, 2011
i am currently in imo state and i can confirm to you that work is going on.
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 29, 2011
The chickens are coming home to roost.

In other words . . .wind don blow, foul yansh don open

Something is not right about that Okorocha man; and it will unravel pretty soon.
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by Areosapien(f): 6:26pm On Nov 29, 2011
DJTee:

Something is not right about that Okorocha man; and it will unravel pretty soon.

Smart line, morrron. Looks like you're among the breed of people who never read a thread properly before chirping in with their half-baked minds.
The story has been confirmed to be FALSE already. If you had half a brain, you would've known that.
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by asha80(m): 7:26pm On Nov 29, 2011
i just watched channels tv where the governor was touring road projects in okigwe and the reporter said he awarded contracts for repair of 100 roads and contruction of 42 new ones.this must cost a lot of money.
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by begwong: 7:32pm On Nov 29, 2011
The contractors and the online publishers of the devils horn una dey craze, idotas, gone are the days of chop and no work in imo. Onyeoshis!
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by 9jaIhail(m): 7:39pm On Nov 29, 2011
DJTee:

ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE PROPHETS THAT PROPHESIES ONLY DEATH AND DOOM, I THINK IN UR PROPHECY YOU NEVER SEE LIFE IN ANY OF YOUR CHURCH MEMBER ONLY DEATH AND DANGER. MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THOSE WHO WERE BORN AT BACK YARD

THANKS
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by asha80(m): 7:46pm On Nov 29, 2011
asha 80:

i just watched channels tv where the governor was touring road projects in okigwe and the reporter said he awarded contracts for repair of 100 roads and contruction of 42 new ones.this must cost a lot of money.

is there any link to where i can get the list of road projects going on?
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by Adanora: 8:30pm On Nov 29, 2011
Na lie
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by xtianh(m): 8:36pm On Nov 29, 2011
I also watched the news just now on channels tv. Nd i head the govn. say its nt longer biz as usual 4 the contractors, the people of okigwe also thanked the govn. For his work in the state. The govn. Promised them that those whose houses were affected by the construction works would b properly taken care of.
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 11:50pm On Nov 29, 2011
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by ndukwejoe(m): 4:24am On Nov 30, 2011
So this world has reached this level where somebody with bareface will cast aspersion on someone.
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by Otunne1: 6:42am On Nov 30, 2011
asha 80:

is there any link to where i can get the list of road projects going on?
i dont ve any link now, but if u know orlu and owerri very well, i can help u by listing some of the road projects that i ve seen.
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by asha80(m): 7:20am On Nov 30, 2011
Otu nne:

i dont ve any link now, but if u know orlu and owerri very well, i can help u by listing some of the road projects that i ve seen.

i do not know orlu well but i know owerri like the back of my hand as i grew up there.
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by Otunne1: 1:14pm On Nov 30, 2011
asha 80:

i do not know orlu well but i know owerri like the back of my hand as i grew up there.
there are about 42 road projects going on in owerre now,(when i say owerre, i mean owerre municipal alone, including nekede, amakaohia and akwakoma. Owerre west and owerre north excluded, even though work is also going on in these areas). In ikenegbu, new roads are been opened, old ones will rehablitated likewise amakaohia and akwakoma, so many illegal buildings, have been marked for demolision, while some has already been demolished. In owerre main town, every road there is been retared, infact it is remaining just few roads. There are many other road projects which i cannot mention now, because am typing with phone. Even in nekede, work is going on almost everywhere.
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by Otunne1: 1:25pm On Nov 30, 2011
asha 80:

there are about 42 road projects going on in owerre now,(when i say owerre, i mean owerre municipal alone, including nekede, amakaohia and akwakoma. Owerre west and owerre north excluded, even though work is also going on in these areas). In ikenegbu, new roads are been opened, old ones will rehablitated likewise amakaohia and akwakoma, so many illegal buildings, have been marked for demolision, while some has already been demolished. In owerre main town, every road there is been retared, infact it is remaining just few roads. There are many other road projects which i cannot mention now, because am typing with phone. Even in nekede, work is going on almost everywhere.
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by asha80(m): 4:44pm On Nov 30, 2011
Otu nne:

govt should tackle that naze-nekede-ihiagwa-obinze road.that road is a disgrace.a road that has 3 federal institutions along it and udenwa and ohakim did nothing on it.

also he should look into ikenegbu extension,prefab roads
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by Otunne1: 7:33pm On Nov 30, 2011
asha 80:

govt should tackle that naze-nekede-ihiagwa-obinze road.that road is a disgrace.a road that has 3 federal institutions along it and udenwa and ohakim did nothing on it.

also he should look into ikenegbu extension,prefab roads
almost every road in owerre is recieving attention is currently recieving attention, including poly and futo road. With the way things are going now, u will amazed if u visit imo in the nxt 2 years
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by asha80(m): 8:40pm On Nov 30, 2011
the governor should stop the psychophancy.he should focus in his job and stop the tv propaganda
Re: Imo Contractors Threaten To Abandon Work by presido1: 9:15pm On Nov 30, 2011
asha 80:

the governor should stop the psychophancy.he should focus in his job and stop the tv propaganda
Now you have said what is in ur mind. Even the thread u opened about ITC smells fishy. Dudu gaa owerri were anya gi huru if u are still doubting which i believe.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Soldiers ‘ll Remain On The Streets – Fg / Prophet Joshua Iginla’s Shocking 2015 Predictions Is About To Be Fulfilled / Bukola Saraki’s Assert, Bank Account Worth Trillions-properties Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.