Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,776 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Mike Adenuga: The Bull In A China Shop - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mike Adenuga: The Bull In A China Shop (1572 Views)

Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody / Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. / Mike Adenuga: 12 Things You Didn’t Know About Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mike Adenuga: The Bull In A China Shop by Oluti(m): 2:07am On Nov 29, 2011
When Conoil pensioners decided to call off the picketing of Mike Adenuga’s tower on the 14th of this month on account of his having hurriedly signed the agreement reached in court since January many of our online friends and Nigerian pressmen that have been following the development believed we were making a wrong move. Their argument was that we since had boxed Mike Adenuga into a corner, we should go in for the kill and use the opportunity to demand for N2.6B which is the full amount in our pension fund. We saw this as unnecessary since he signed the agreement reached at the Lagos high court mediation centre in which we had agreed to accept N1.033B in lieu of the full payment of the amount in the pension fund.

The fact that he signed the agreement in the night of 12th and I received a copy of the text sent by his company secretary to that effect during church service on the 13th made many of us believed the man was desirous of genuine settlement. Now we are beginning to have our doubt. If Mike Adenuga is using this as a ploy to break our rank by his usual stock in trade as one of our Nairaland supporter said, then he is making a big mistake.

Adenuga’s men have come to court two Fridays now singing the much outdated song of one of the directors remaining to contribute her impute to the agreement Mike Adenuga had already signed. Many of us are beginning to doubt they are not acting out script already written by their chairman. I know many of our media friends are disappointed in the way we have handled this issue so far but I am appealing to them to be patience with us. I am appealing especially to those that have been to our meeting at the Eagle club and our negotiation at the Lagos high court multi-door court house not to write us off yet. The hen not yet dead may still eat the corn. Know what I mean?

That Adenuga is not feeling any sense of remorse in stealing our 2.6B pension fund that was set up before he probably walks the planet earth by Shell West Africa for which he had negotiated to pay less than half of what is in the fund is a marvel and an attestation to the much held opinion by many that the man is heartless. How can a human being with flesh and blood pay 75% of a group of people who have served this country for 30yrs and above N3600 per month! This Adenuga of a fellow is not just wicked but a sadist. Who but a sadist will derive satisfaction in seeing others suffer? Why was stopping the yearly 15% pension one of his first act when he came to National oil? Why did he sacked Mr. Idowu his then Finance Director in Conoil who advised him not to treat the old men the way he was doing given the fact that the fund in question is not part of the asset they bought? Questions, questions and more questions only Mike Adenuga can answer.

Mike Adenuga through his lawyer promised to pay the pensioners the amount stated above without any other condition but his legal team is now singing a different tune. He will now pay N430M representing cash available in the pension fund now and the rest when our shares of N800M are sold. He now does not want anything to do with the sale of the stock in anticipation of the value not being up to the amount it was valued by them. Even at then, our people are ready to take whatever condition he sets as long as we get rid of this man.

We had been on this issue since 2008 during which 25 pensioners had died as at last month. This in effect informed the opinion of many of us who are already above 80yrs old wanting a quick settlement of the case before more of us die. Adenuga antics we believed was to let all of us die so that the money he stole can become his own. Many of my colleagues conceded the idea of going picketing because they had been pushed to the wall. They quickly agreed to suspend it as soon as they heard Adenuga had signed the agreement. This would not have even been made possible but for the internet which we penetrated when we realized the man had the money to buy the Nigeria media to kill any negative story concerning him.

Even though we had called off the initial picketing, we are still ready to match to his office with our placards if by Friday his people come to court still singing the same old song.
Re: Mike Adenuga: The Bull In A China Shop by rimms(m): 3:08am On Nov 29, 2011
Oluti, you should have paid attention to my posts and my advice. If you want to get Adenuga, you do not sing or dance, you need to hit him right in the nose. He doesn't like to be controlled by anything, he doesn't like to obey any laws, he only goes by his own rules and regulations.
You people mean nothing to him, he doesn't have respect for anything. Destroying lives with his money makes him happy and alive. The people around him are scared of him and will only do things to glorify his horrible behaviour. Nobody among this group of people is bold enough to tell Adenuga the truth and the reality of life.
It is also out there that he has abandoned at least 3 of his children and other family members all because he thinks he has a lot in common with the almighty God. What do you expect from a man who enjoys seeing his own blood suffer?
Believe me, you people are nothing to him. He doesn't care if you die 1 at a time while you continue to wait to collect your money. Don't be impressed when he throws money around preaching charity.
You shouldn't have never cancelled the protest. You want your money you have to come very hard on him.
Can't you see what EFCC had to do to get the man to acknowledge their invitation? EFCC came through and hit him in the nose and like a coward he immediately recognised who was in-charge. You have to stick to your plans, you can not allow Adenuga to push you people around.
He may have signed his part of the document, but also instructed the other managers, who work for him not to sign their own part of the deal. So, for him, it is a matter of buying time to come up with a perfect plan to get rid of you people forever. It is all game that I have seen many times before.
And for those of you like Zomby who still think Adenuga doesn't deserve this type of treatment, I beg you in the name of God to please discover this horrible human being before you come out to defend him. He doesn't deserve your support.
It is ok to be an aggressive businessman, it is fine to defend yourself and your business, and also not a bad thing to go after what you want, but this man doesn't have any of these qualities. He is a dangerous and ugly animal you do not want to be next to.
You do not have to believe me, evidences are out there on the street, and I'm also sure that soon everybody will discover his unpleasant and unethical behaviour. The man can not help himself and will never change.

(1) (Reply)

Creating A Flawless Paypal Account Discovered / Managing A Karaoke Bar / Do You Know Any Successful PAMM Trader?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.