Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,781 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 (10329 Views)

Nigeria Vs Senegal CAF U23 Championship Semi Final (1 - 0) On 9th December 2015 / Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Friendly (2 - 0) On Tuesday 15th November 2011 / Nigeria Vs Bostwana - Super Eagles Friendly - (0 - 0) On Sat 12th November 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 29, 2011
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by benlay(m): 11:53pm On Nov 29, 2011
Senegal struck twice in the first half and hung on for a 2-1 win over Nigeria during a group A encounter on Tuesday n night in Tangiers. The match started off at a sluggish pace as the teams were slow out of the blocks and played at an almost pedestrian pace.
The monotony broken in 34th minute by a Kara Mbodji’s looping header from a delivery on the left flank. There was much between the two sides at that stage although the lanky Khaliloulah Seck had started controlling the midfield threading threatening balls to the flanks. The goal allowed the Senegalese to settle into a rhythm and they were lively and rattled the Nigerians.
Long balls played into the Senegalese box intended for the Nigerian forwards were cut off by the taller defenders.
In the 42nd minute Abdoulaye Sane went on a mazy run and his shot on target was blocked but fortunately bounced back to him to side foot past Muniru Ajiboye at his near post for Senegal’s second goal.
A shell-shocked Nigeria upped their game and went close with header from Gbolahan Salami.

There had been not much in the way of quality before the goals but second half brought about better football. Stephane Badji let go a powerful volley but Ajiboye acrobatically tipped it away for a corner. A few minutes after that Nigeria strung some neat passes venturing into Senegal penalty box but the final shot sailed wide. In the 49th minute a through ball played towards Senegalese goal brought about a chase and Daniel Uchechi managed to push the ball underneath goalkeeper Ousmane Mane as he rushed out.

It was the Nigerians in ascendancy and they peppered the opposition’s goal looking for the equalizer with Kayode Orlarenwaju and substitute Marshal Odah probing from the wings. One such move had saw Salami break through into the box but took the wrong option when he went for goal instead of setting up his fellow waiting strikers.
At the other end Badji ‘s pace and power was troubling Ewoma Ojobo and in the 68th minute he almost increased his team’s lead with a hard shot that was tipped on to the cross bar by Ajiboye and it bounced back into play. The lively pattern of the second half continued with both sides really going for it, keeping the two goal-minders busy.

As the legs got tired both sides missed glaring opportunities with substitute Romeric Lopy side footing straight into Ajiboye’s hands from a few meters out and at the other end a miss-controlled effort from Salami allowed the ball past the upright as he tried to divert it into goal.
The brave effort by the two teams to get more goals ran out of time and at the final whistle it was Senegal celebrating after picking up their first three points with a game against Morocco’ still to come and Nigeria now plays Algeria in their final group game on Friday 2nd December in Marrakech.

http://www.cafonline.com/competition/caf-u-23-championship_2011/news/12163-senegal-beat-nigeria-to-claim-first-win.html
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by Nobody: 3:19am On Nov 30, 2011
benlay:

Senegal struck twice in the first half and hung on for a 2-1 win over Nigeria during a group A encounter on Tuesday n night in Tangiers. The match started off at a sluggish pace as the teams were slow out of the blocks and played at an almost pedestrian pace.
The monotony broken in 34th minute by a Kara Mbodji’s looping header from a delivery on the left flank. There was much between the two sides at that stage although the lanky Khaliloulah Seck had started controlling the midfield threading threatening balls to the flanks. The goal allowed the Senegalese to settle into a rhythm and they were lively and rattled the Nigerians.
Long balls played into the Senegalese box intended for the Nigerian forwards were cut off by the taller defenders.
In the 42nd minute Abdoulaye Sane went on a mazy run and his shot on target was blocked but fortunately bounced back to him to side foot past Muniru Ajiboye at his near post for Senegal’s second goal.
A shell-shocked Nigeria upped their game and went close with header from Gbolahan Salami.

There had been not much in the way of quality before the goals but second half brought about better football. Stephane Badji let go a powerful volley but Ajiboye acrobatically tipped it away for a corner. A few minutes after that Nigeria strung some neat passes venturing into Senegal penalty box but the final shot sailed wide. In the 49th minute a through ball played towards Senegalese goal brought about a chase and Daniel Uchechi managed to push the ball underneath goalkeeper Ousmane Mane as he rushed out.

It was the Nigerians in ascendancy and they peppered the opposition’s goal looking for the equalizer with Kayode Orlarenwaju and substitute Marshal Odah probing from the wings. One such move had saw Salami break through into the box but took the wrong option when he went for goal instead of setting up his fellow waiting strikers.
At the other end Badji ‘s pace and power was troubling Ewoma Ojobo and in the 68th minute he almost increased his team’s lead with a hard shot that was tipped on to the cross bar by Ajiboye and it bounced back into play. The lively pattern of the second half continued with both sides really going for it, keeping the two goal-minders busy.

As the legs got tired both sides missed glaring opportunities with substitute Romeric Lopy side footing straight into Ajiboye’s hands from a few meters out and at the other end a miss-controlled effort from Salami allowed the ball past the upright as he tried to divert it into goal.
The brave effort by the two teams to get more goals ran out of time and at the final whistle it was Senegal celebrating after picking up their first three points with a game against Morocco’ still to come and Nigeria now plays Algeria in their final group game on Friday 2nd December in Marrakech.

http://www.cafonline.com/competition/caf-u-23-championship_2011/news/12163-senegal-beat-nigeria-to-claim-first-win.html
thanks for the update,chelsea and naija loosing at the same time just knock me out
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by sshalom(m): 4:57am On Nov 30, 2011
Too bad. No Olympic for our football team. How bad can things really get?
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by ortopazz(m): 5:25am On Nov 30, 2011
I dint want a situation like thz, buh honestly Eguavoen iz to blame, becos he had no faith in the team and kept blaring my foreign playerz r nt camp, rather than picking fagz to rep us
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by eendy(f): 5:31am On Nov 30, 2011
Hahaha, This country is in shambles, hope they will stil sack eguavoen n l8a keshi cos he stil wil nt go anywere. Demented government
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by SamMilla1(m): 6:15am On Nov 30, 2011
i never had faith in eguaveon. i m not surprised.
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by gulfer: 6:42am On Nov 30, 2011
benlay:

GOODLUCK Jonathan to Nigerian Football. He is pure badluck in terms of sports.
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by jascon1(m): 6:44am On Nov 30, 2011
hahaha. 9ja
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by YEMOYEMI: 7:39am On Nov 30, 2011
REVOLUTION! REVOLUTION!! REVOLUTION!!!

We need REVOLUTION in this country before it crashes completely. Every thing is in mess. People at the helms of the affairs are incompetent.
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by honeric01(m): 7:47am On Nov 30, 2011
This is how fresh air taste like.
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by ortopazz(m): 7:58am On Nov 30, 2011
Thats no competition wiv 9ja in it? What? O.M.G THZ IZ scary, ,,,, which team do I choose 4 nxt year nw ehn?
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by Chidiansel: 7:58am On Nov 30, 2011
Nigeria is in total shambles.Nothing seems to b working.Every sector is in comatose.Wrong managers are managing our affairs.I hav never seen Eguavoen as a good coach.He is just using nigeria as platform to improve his CV.Nigeria we hail thee!
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by executinal(m): 8:03am On Nov 30, 2011
gulfer:

GOODLUCK Jonathan to Nigerian Football. He is pure badluck in terms of sports.
Must you comment?? you are nothing but complete cretin. Goodluck is responsible to everything in Nigeria, wait for Goodluck very soon him go join super eagle go play football.
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by Chuksaluta(m): 8:04am On Nov 30, 2011
after all their making mouth. Dream team indeed.
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by gulfer: 8:15am On Nov 30, 2011
executinal:

Must you comment?? you are nothing but complete cretin. Goodluck is responsible to everything in Nigeria, wait for Goodluck very soon him go join super eagle go play football.
Sorry o Goodluck brother, if you do not know planning starts from the top. If they (PDP and Jonathan) allow the right people to be in the right positions, there will be better result.
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by ortopazz(m): 8:22am On Nov 30, 2011
I was wundering what the 4ck  made the 9irian stations nt shw the match, and nw itz pretty clear, they too lost hope.
Ait was busy ben brucing me, evn then All I wantd was to watch the hrtbrk nt hear it, O.M.G itz nw worst.
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by damoskiy(m): 8:27am On Nov 30, 2011
if i picked a team of players from some secondary school in lagos and put them in training for 2months and they play against those stupid men that played yesterday i promise they would spell their name.
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:40am On Nov 30, 2011
Na wa for Nairalanders in Sports Section grin grin grin - You guys know all the stats of Nigerian Eagles and can spit their profiles and goal stats like they were going to win the World Cup the minute they step on to the field. However you are so blinded by Eagles glory days to see that failure to plan is planning to fail. imagine some NLers calling for Kanu Nwankwo or Jay-Jay soon they will call Festus Onigbinfool to come to play for the Eagles shocked
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by honeric01(m): 8:48am On Nov 30, 2011
^^^

What are you saying? did you see anyone mention something of sort on this thread?
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by Kx: 8:50am On Nov 30, 2011
Our football is a product of the society/economy.
Everything is in shambles, why should football be an exception?
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by purplekayc(m): 9:03am On Nov 30, 2011
who is surprised??
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by Okijajuju1(m): 9:23am On Nov 30, 2011
^^^

Not me!! grin

I guess Oliseh will finally get a job! grin
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by otokx(m): 9:35am On Nov 30, 2011
surprised they even scored at all
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by honeric01(m): 9:48am On Nov 30, 2011
Oliseh can now become the U23 coach.

LET'S REVIVE THE SHELL CUP, THAT'S THE WAY FORWARD, REVIVE SHELL CUP, REVIVE THE LEAGUE.
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by mbulela: 10:03am On Nov 30, 2011
Kx:

Our football is a product of the society/economy.
Everything is in shambles, why should football be an exception?
it seems you were a fly on the wall while my cousin and i were having this conversation last nite.
This was my exact argument.

Anyway, the reason why i think most Nigerians expect something different is bacause football is the masses game. It is a game that does not know tribalism or ethnicity. it is a game the poor can enjoy without being oppressed by the rich. for these reasons and more, we are willing to suspend logic and expect miracles.
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by 1025: 10:14am On Nov 30, 2011
i have said this but no one is taking me serious. since 1999 when pdp took over the affairs of this jungle(nigeria) we have been falling continuously from grace to grass.
at the end of the day, pdp is only out to kill anything and everything that will give the poor masses joy.
for me, i don't struggle to watch nigerian matches and i see many ppl running up and down to watch premier league games and champions league even while nigeria is playing.
mr.badluck said he is a symbol of fresh air 2011 and many of us bought into that and today we can boast of increase in electricity tariff, large scale insecurity, tenure elongation as well as the much talked about removal of fuel subsidy. all are designed to worsen the cases of the poor masses.
they are turning the whole situation to a blame game and very soon, you will see some ignorant folks here tell you that mikel is the reason for the lost even in the under 23.
i am sure God will visit these wicked men and their family members as he did to pharoh and his wards when they refused to let his(God's) ppl to go.
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by dein77(m): 10:17am On Nov 30, 2011
when people play politics with a game as important to nigerians as football, what do you expect? funny indeed
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by Baawaa(m): 10:39am On Nov 30, 2011
With support of Keshi they failed to qualify that is too bad
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by sugardaddy1(m): 10:42am On Nov 30, 2011
Siasia must be sacked for this undecided
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by Ajengogo(m): 10:57am On Nov 30, 2011
I guess revolution of the Middle Eastern magnitude or more is imminent in Nigeria. The only sector that makes people feel Nigerians is now being eroded painfully. Gentlemen and ladies, this is the height of government's ineptitude!!! Our economy, our manufacturing capacity, our educational system, our political system, our traditional system, our agricultural system, our financial system, our national pride, etc. have been so teribly eroded. We sit there and expect a messiah to come from only God knows where to salvage the situation. Do we still continue to sit and expect things to change positively even as our dear football is being teleguided into comatose; the game that has given Nigeria much respect, the game that has given prominence to Nigerians who ordinarily would'nt have earned recognition in their life time - the likes of Teslim Balogun, Segun Odegbami, Rashidi Yekini, J. J. Okocha, Kanu Nwankwo and several other stars?

I strongly believe there is no better time for us to start the revolution struggle than now. We have had enough!!!
Re: CAF U23 Tourney: Nigeria Vs Senegal (1 - 2) On 29th November 2011 by U1(m): 11:38am On Nov 30, 2011
That was it, folks! sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jurgen Klopp Wins Men's Coach Of The Year At FIFA's Best Award / Jose Mourinho Wants To Return To Management In The Summer / NPFL Super6: The Six Sides Battling For The League Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.