Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos (8609 Views)

Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group / Fayose Riding On "Okada" To Inaugurate The New House Of Assembly [Photo] / Gridlock In Lagos As Tricycle, Okada Riders Endorse Jonathan 0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by okadaman2: 8:10pm On Nov 29, 2011
afam4eva:

We're putting you and your likes out of business.

This one called Afam, na me carry go do hin first job interview for VI, we blasted through 3rd Mainland bridge at 4:30am to beat traffic.

Now e dey form because e don buy used Kia. Yeye person angry
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by sylve11: 8:13pm On Nov 29, 2011
okada_man:

What the hell is going on here?   angry

lol, okada man abeg take am easy grin grin grin cool

afam4eva:

We're putting you and your likes out of business.

lol. . .wht an answer 2 a question frm an angry mind. U be something i swear grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by jason123: 8:21pm On Nov 29, 2011
okada_man:

Foolish car drivers, I dey wait for all of una at the junction. Nansense people angry

Jason, my regular customer, no mind them o, they need me die grin

That one called blueyansh , I still dropped his galfriend for their house yesterday night embarassed

okada_man:

This one called Afam, na me carry go do hin first job interview for VI, we blasted through 3rd Mainland bridge at 4:30am to beat traffic.

Laugh wan kill me here . . . grin grin grin. Nice one oga!
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by member479760: 8:42pm On Nov 29, 2011
give dem big tag and uniform to identify dem!
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by JAZES(m): 8:46pm On Nov 29, 2011
okada_man:

What the hell is going on here?   angry

LOL.
grin grin grin
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by olaadegoke(m): 11:03pm On Nov 29, 2011
okada_man:

Lmao
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by speak2me: 11:06pm On Nov 29, 2011
but please it shoulld b gradual cos we should also b aware of the resultant negative effect on the 200 families and aimless youths that would b born,
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by okadaman2: 11:18pm On Nov 29, 2011
sylve11:

lol, okada man abeg take am easy grin grin grin cool

lol. . .wht an answer 2 a question frm an angry mind. U be something i swear grin grin grin grin cool

My customer, no problem It's fine, they wan spoil market for us. God pass them embarassed
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by Natasha2(f): 11:23pm On Nov 29, 2011
okada_man:

LMAO grin grin grin grin I can imagine grin
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by soloqy: 11:27pm On Nov 29, 2011
okada_man:

HEHEHEH, this one funny die grin grin grin grin
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by yokiti: 12:13am On Nov 30, 2011
Pukkah:

Honestly, they have no scruples.  They are mad and insane.

Frankly, most of them have no brains.

In fact, it is as if they are permanently intoxicated from 'ogogoro' or cannabis. They drive on every part of the road - right, left, and centre; they drive in all directions - backwards and forwards.  While meandering through human and vehicular traffic like snakes, they hit both humans and cars, leaving behind shrieks and wails from humans & dents and scratches on cars.

They are audacious, carefree and careless.  They are callous and reckless. They congregate at junctions and congregate to beat up and manhandle other motorists. I must say, in the order of recklessness on Lagos roads, 'okada' riders take the numero uno position, followed by commercial bus drivers.

I suggest that in order to balance safety/responsibility with the need to move around, 'okadas' should be banished from major roads and expressways to the hinterlands or Trunk C roads only.

Is this our new honorable Patrick?, igodomidood, Nice point though
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by Ilekokonit: 3:45am On Nov 30, 2011
lepasharon
but okada is very fast and cheap nah

In my opinion, getting on an okada may [/b]be a bit safer now but before the introduction of "compulsory" crash helmets I figured out that getting on an okada was similar to "[b]attempted suicide".

Imagine the photograph below :-

Which is more important to the woman ? Her life or her neatly done Gele ?

What will happen to her head in the 50/50 case that there is an accident with the way these Okada men ride ?

Can her Gele bear the full impact of hitting the hard road ?

Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by okadaman2: 4:16am On Nov 30, 2011
^
Well, our job is to transport people, we can't cure stupidity. undecided
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by Exponental(m): 6:39am On Nov 30, 2011
Unfor2nately, police ignore them irrespective of their offences once they've collected their "daily allowee".

I want LASG 2 av its own special DL 4 okada riders, after undergoing special training 4m d govt. This can be done over a period of 1 yr.
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by pcnwamadi(m): 7:12am On Nov 30, 2011
okada has sent many people to early grave, including my aunt who died in okada accident, Since okada was banned in port harcourt, we don get peace, d teachin hospital dnt recieve acident victims evryday just lik b4, Fashola shuld ban dem completly and save d lives of lagosians, just lik my rivers state governor did,
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by FEMARY1: 7:38am On Nov 30, 2011
Take it or leave it,Okada is an integral part of Lagos transportation system.

Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by Pukkah: 8:10am On Nov 30, 2011
FEMARY1:

Take it or leave it,Okada is an integral part of Lagos transportation system.

Okadas are a part of the transportation system but they are neither central to it nor indispensable.
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by ashavic: 8:29am On Nov 30, 2011
Though some of the Okada riders depend on it for survival,cases of criminal activities using Okada is on the increase and their accidents @ times disastrous.The law though painful should be implemented to the letter and uniform agencies such as the men in black should not see this as a legal reason to extort money from the ones caught violating the law.
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by GWslim(f): 10:19am On Nov 30, 2011
Hope there will be crack down of another job for them.
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by y2kaustin(m): 10:43am On Nov 30, 2011
Police and co will surely be smiling to thier various banks this season, anyway good move.
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 11:01am On Nov 30, 2011
okada_man:

I'd never take a bike to the island even if i'm offered a million dollars. Your post funny sha.
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by lonamy: 1:32pm On Nov 30, 2011
There is no need formulating any policy. The best way to stop Okada in Lagos is to formulate policy that bans importing of Okada and its spare part to Lagos state.
Under 5 years, okada will disappear from the city of Lagos.
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by pynkspyce: 4:59pm On Nov 30, 2011
those idiots are a menace to society.
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by kemmeye: 6:43pm On Nov 30, 2011
believe it or not the crime rate is going up
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by Pukkah: 10:52am On Dec 01, 2011
kemmeye:

believe it or not the crime rate is going up

You need to back up your statement with facts. Did crime rate go up in places like Port Harcourt, Abuja, etc after 'okada's were banned?
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by Horus(m): 12:29pm On Dec 01, 2011
Lagos should enforce ban of Okada.
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by kemmeye: 3:10pm On Dec 01, 2011
Pukkah:

You need to back up your statement with facts. Did crime rate go up in places like Port Harcourt, Abuja, etc after 'okada's were banned?

Think about this way most of the okada riders have only one source of income which is from the people they charge right? if they are banned what other choice do they really have they make a lot of money being okada riders and if that is taken away from them they have no other choice but to try and make ends meet which might mean that they have to steal . Some of them are not even educated and the reason they came to lagos is to find greener pastures so going back home is not an option. Therefore if their only means of income is taken away and they cant feed their families and they know quite well that if they go home their situation might not be better they will find other ways to feed themselves so yes the crime rate will go up. im sure the amount of okada riders in lagos are probably more than the people with cars
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by Pukkah: 3:20pm On Dec 01, 2011
kemmeye:

Think about this way most of the okada riders have only one source of income which is from the people they charge right? if they are banned what other choice do they really have they make a lot of money being okada riders and if that is taken away from them they have no other choice [/b]but to try and make ends meet which might mean that they have to steal . Some of them are not even educated and the reason they came to lagos is to find greener pastures so [b]going back home is not an option. Therefore if their only means of income is taken away and they cant feed their families and they know quite well that if they go home their situation might not be better they will find other ways to feed themselves so yes the crime rate will go up. im sure the amount of okada riders in lagos are probably more than the people with cars

Did crime rate go up in Port Harcourt or Abuja? I highlighted some assumptions you made which I don't agree with.
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by kemmeye: 5:44pm On Dec 01, 2011
Pukkah:

Did crime rate go up in Port Harcourt or Abuja? I highlighted some assumptions you made which I don't agree with.

I said they have no other choice THAN TO TRY TO MAKE ENDS MEET which means that even if their bikes are taken from them they still need to feed themselves. if going back home was an option they would not still be in lagos . when i said the amount of okada riders are more than those with cars you should understand that i was just exaggerating i was just trying to imply that there are a lot of them in lagos.

the cost of living in abuja is higher than that of lagos which means that the volume of rich people over there is higher and im not sure about that of port harcourt but i think its higher. lagos on the other hand is more in a developmental state and a lot of things go on in lagos which is why most people dont want to leave lagos finally high unemployment always leads to poverty which in turn leads to a higher crime rate. If you ever did economics maybe you would probably understand me better.

now you might not agree with me but sure thats fine people are entitled to their own opinions but what makes you think the crime rate would not go up?"
Re: Crackdown On Okada Riders, Over 200 Arrested In Lagos by erniewhez(m): 6:47pm On Apr 22, 2012
FINALLY, FASHOLA..., LAGOSIANS HAVE DECIDE. NO MEASURES BUT OUTRIGHT BAN OF OKADAS IN ALL ROADS AND CORRIDORS OF LAGOS. C-O-U-R-T!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Southeast Governors Plan Befitting Burial For Ekwueme / With Abiola As President, Nigeria Could Have Been Spared Ethno-religious Tension / Matthew Abo: Abductors Of Benue Commissioner Demand N60 Million Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.