Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him (9994 Views)

Wale Awomolo (left) Recieves His Son Olubusayo's(bawomolo) Last Exam Papers--pic / Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) / Light A Candel Here For Our Fallen Nlander Olubusayo Awomolo (bawomolo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by sugardaddy1(m): 7:40am On Nov 30, 2011
rip
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by oyewolejos(m): 7:41am On Nov 30, 2011
People die everyday that's life.
U can't mourn him for so long. Instead of a candle why can't we all gather and immortalize him one way or the other? Can we float a charity in his name? Can we make him one of the life patron of this forum. Mourning won't wake him up

RIP my nigga
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by ijawgirl: 7:44am On Nov 30, 2011
may your soul continue to rest in peace .sad
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by OmoTier1(m): 7:44am On Nov 30, 2011
Though 365 days have gone by since you left us, in our hearts you remain! I know your soul have found peace, yes peace, oh true peace! Sincerely we miss you dearly and forever you remain in our hearts.

Continue to live in that Eternal Bliss you left us for, in our hearts you forever remain BAWOMOLO!

RIP dear Brother,
 cry  cry
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by tunyus(m): 7:47am On Nov 30, 2011
BAWOMOLO
May his brilliant soul rest in peace
a big lost to the world and a bigger gain to the Heaven
Ki aku lomode ko yeni,
O san ju ki adi agbalagba la se anfani
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 30, 2011
Saw several of his posts when i dug up old threads.i must say d dude was so very intelligent.was so shockd when i found out he was dead sometime in august.sincerely, i thought him to b a mature family man due to his versatility n was so surprisd to find out he was just 21.it's sad but RIP Bawomolo.
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by honeric01(m): 8:17am On Nov 30, 2011
Wherever you are, you're good there and you deserve that place of abode after death. RIP.
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 30, 2011
WOW! A year has gone passed already? shocked shocked shocked

Life cry cry SMFH

RIP Bawomolo.
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by Emperoh(m): 8:52am On Nov 30, 2011
Rest in peace mate.
The almighty knows best!!

May God also forgive your killers!
He knows best. RIP
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by Pain(m): 8:55am On Nov 30, 2011
Rest in Bliss (RIB). Candle in the Wind cry
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 30, 2011
RIP Bawomolo embarassed
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by Okijajuju1(m): 9:00am On Nov 30, 2011
R.I.P Bawamolo

I never got to see you, but your online personality was very pleasant.

I and many other online personalities miss you greatly. The fights, the laughs, the debates and all. Hope the afterlife is treating you well.

People come and go, but memories are eternal.

Save a place in heaven for me old friend.

OKIJA JUJUTM
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by slap1(m): 9:01am On Nov 30, 2011
Busayo, your fellow Gunnerz have not forgotten you. . . Your memory lives, the thought of you still quickens my heartbeat. I've never felt so bad for a person I've not met before. You were clearly cut out for greatness, but nature scripted to the contrary. Hmmm. . .what a waste!
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by realborn(m): 9:03am On Nov 30, 2011
@ Topic,

Sober reflections. May his soul be in peace. The encomiums poured out affirm that Bawolomo (as we called him) exuded an exemplary quality of life and attributes in his short stay here on earth. I remember the events of his death vividly and the impact it created on NL. Sadly, death separates us all. In death, only our works live, be it good or bad! Well done for the indelible, ineradicable and ineffaceable marks you left.

Time will come, time will go, though we are young, we will grow old. let us live our lives in love, for someday, we will be gone!

Thought I should share a note I once wrote on facebook on how empty the 'Vault' is.

VAULT OF EMPTINESS

Walking through the beautiful gravesides cladded with precious stones and wares I couldn’t help but appreciate the scenery. Wait a second, shouldn’t I be jostled? This is shocking. The grave side has lost its mystery. Yes it has.

It was the burial of an ‘Aunt in Law’ at the prestigious Vault & Gardens Ikoyi, known as the final resting place of the wealthy at completion of their earthly assignment here on earth. It is also rumoured that some well to do purchase and select a suitable place within the purpose built facility as resting place ahead of eventual demise. It was my first time at this well structured and kept grave yard community. The term 'Vault' was of interest. It was more interesting to visit the place in person.

I made it my business to read the names and ages of the deceased as written on the different monuments decorated by each grave in my line of sight. Flowers and pictures in some cases affirm some of the graves were frequently visited by loved ones. Notable was the number of deceased below the age of 40. I was astounded. Howbeit, these men and women alike pass away at such a tender age? The answer was not far fetched. We are mere mortals in a borrowed world running errands for a purpose with a set target and duration, after which we shall be made to give account of our stewardship to Him who sent us.

Hmmmmm. Na so life be? I looked at the cross section of men and women like me that had come to pay our last respect by trailing along a procession led by priests and the very happy undertakers (who’s daily prayer is for availability of dead customers and seem not to be perturbed by the solemnity attached to the ceremony); and all I could see was a turn by turn event, one after the other for the depth of no return – THE GRAVE.      

So this is all life is about? Be born, live and die. Thus the love of ones life above another is absolute emptiness. What gain is there to own the world? What abounds after my non stop toil, accolades, respect, honour, awards, appraisal, good looks, swag, riches, wealth, houses, cars etc? Nothing but emptiness. The dead do not speak. The grave yard is empty. Flesh without a soul is dust.

Irrespective of a man’s sojourn resume on earth, either in affluence or in abject poverty, the end is to be submerged beneath the earth with the soul returned to the Creator for Judgment. No amount of tears, exhortation and celebration matter to the dead. The flesh has lost its usefulness and matters less in what condition it is left to decompose.  Be it in the Vault or the River side or dump yard. The only importance of a man's life lies in the positive legacies imparted on others while fulfilling purpose. This transcends death.

In my opinion, the death of one is the awareness and notice to another. To this end, the most salient activity on earth is to discover and fulfil purpose.  Every other achievement of man is but for a limited time. Every great man that ever walked the face of the earth shall rescind his titles in death.

My lessons learnt is to live in awareness of the One who has sent me. To love my neighbour unconditionally. To let go the past, guilt and regrets. To be grateful for today. Lastly, to worry not over the future.  He is aware of my travails if any; He gave me all I have and own as tools to dutifully fulfil purpose; He knows the appointed time for me to come back home. I implore everyone reading this note to forgive that one person today and set that person free. Someday you will see that person no more and you shall grief.  The dead are no more till we meet again in the presence of our Father. Share that great idea today. Live life in peace. Live a purposeful life. Every other thing is chasing the wind. Ecclesiastes 1.

To conclude this note, please note that the ‘VAULT’ is empty.
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 30, 2011
i miss u man

NL is just not the same sad
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by bashydemy(m): 9:16am On Nov 30, 2011
have never met with you or have an Argument with you but i think i came across some of your post back then RIP

from a Die Hard Man U fan and a die hard Muslim
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by Sagamite(m): 9:19am On Nov 30, 2011
Wow. It has been a year?

Brilliant guy. I still bump into and read some of his comments anytime I dig into the archives to find an old post.

I am still available to literarily gut the low-life arsewipe that unnecessarily and heartlessly took the life of a promising and intelligent kid if the US government will accept my volunteer.

Poor guy.
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by Xfactoria: 9:22am On Nov 30, 2011
Bawomolo was a great guy, so intelligent for his age. Lets just keep it at that.
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by mafolayomi(f): 9:34am On Nov 30, 2011
continue 2 rest in peace
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by ekpey: 9:50am On Nov 30, 2011
Continue to rest in the bosom of the Lord. Never believe its one year already.
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by smileyprin(m): 9:53am On Nov 30, 2011
So sad it was, A perfect Gentleman R.I.P Bro,
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by dadicvila(m): 9:55am On Nov 30, 2011
R.I.P Bamowolo, we all miss you cry angry
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by aljharem3: 9:56am On Nov 30, 2011
Miss you bro.

Very intelligent Nler. cry cry A year already cry cry
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by executinal(m): 10:08am On Nov 30, 2011
R.I.P bro. . . . you are still fresh in our heart
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by mbulela: 10:14am On Nov 30, 2011
My thoughts and prayers are with his family. I can only imagine their pain and lacerated hearts. May God grant them strength.
My thoughts and prayers are also with the OP. Her genuine love and friendship for this guy warms my heart and gives me hope in humanity. To believe they never met in the flesh makes it even more impressing. She has persisted in her friendship with this lad even in dead. Proof that even death's sting is not as powerful as often imagined.
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by cicero(m): 10:15am On Nov 30, 2011
He was a very brilliant guy, what a waste.
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by GWslim(f): 10:16am On Nov 30, 2011
Life is indeed short. Bye
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by oludashmi(f): 10:25am On Nov 30, 2011
RIP Bawomolo
Cant believe its already a year. Its true that the number of years you spend on earth does not matter but the number of lives you touched.
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by Aryyor: 10:39am On Nov 30, 2011
ekpey:

Continue to rest in the bosom of the Lord. Never believe its one year already.  

^^^ Bawomolo declared he was an atheist and would probably give you a 'lol' if you wished him that while he was here with us.

BTW, he was a very intelligent young man. He commented on some controversial issues yet he argued brilliantly; neither rude, insultive nor proud. He was indeed a gentleman.

Now that he's dead, what if he came to find out that there is indeed God. God, whom he brilliantly argued and reasoned out of his life,
I wonder where Bawomolo is now. Is he in hell? Is he in heaven? Or is he nowhere; in a state of nothingness? I really wonder,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by IFELEKE(m): 10:52am On Nov 30, 2011
Waow,I've been away for too long. . .Rest On Omoluabi,ADIEU.
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by juman(m): 11:03am On Nov 30, 2011
Life is touch and leave. Bye.
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by Excelboi(m): 11:19am On Nov 30, 2011
r.i.p

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LETTER To My Wife in Heaven..... / Butt Implants; See Photos Of Awful Celebrity Pumped Backsides / Hilarious PHOTOS Of The Nigerian Police Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.