Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,433 members, 7,850,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:48 AM

A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him (10013 Views)

Wale Awomolo (left) Recieves His Son Olubusayo's(bawomolo) Last Exam Papers--pic / Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) / Light A Candel Here For Our Fallen Nlander Olubusayo Awomolo (bawomolo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by Natasha2(f): 11:27am On Nov 30, 2011
Didn't know him, guess he was a nice guy

R.I.P
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by collinsfbi(m): 11:43am On Nov 30, 2011
[size=25pt]RIP Bawomolo[/size]

Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by success4(m): 11:53am On Nov 30, 2011
How the might are fallen! Some guys died and people MOURNED!
Some OLD fool refuse to die. Thank God one of them is death now(Ojukwu)
In expectant of the demise of OBJ,IBB,GEJ, BUHARI,Tinubu, Akala, Gbenga DANIEL, NGIGE, and all the wicked souls that had ruled this country with nefarious ACT. angry angry angry

@Topic: I kinda feel for this your guy, he is death and we can only pray for those he left behind cry cry cry
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by UkEmmaxin(m): 12:18pm On Nov 30, 2011
R>I>P, is great lose anyway,

R.I.P
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by simpleman1: 12:34pm On Nov 30, 2011
I will not light a candle for you Bawomolo, I will burn the whole forest for you, We miss you so much. RIP.
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by Jarus(m): 1:21pm On Nov 30, 2011
I had read the story in the newspapers earlier in the day and never imagined it could be someone I knew, until my senior colleague in office who is also a popular Nairalander, broke the news to me as we met downstairs - he asked whether I had heard about the Nigerian student that was shot in Chicago, I said 'yes' and when he told me it was our Nairaland colleague 'Bawomolo', I almost collapsed. I went back to my desk, disturbed, unsettled, restless for the rest of teh day. My colleagues in office found it hard to believe I can be that touched by the death of someone I knew on just on the internet. It was a sad day for me.

More surprising was knowing he was just 21! I could have sworn he was in his late 20s or early 30s, going by his depth!!!
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by Sijo01(f): 1:35pm On Nov 30, 2011
Though i dnt kno u bt diz thread brought tears 2ma eyes. cry cry cry cry
may ur gentle soul Rest in perfect peace, Amen.
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 30, 2011
I cant believe its a year already and i still remember how this guy used to show his concerns for freedom and liberal values especially when it comes to issues of homosexuality.i still remember the way i once bashed him but all are history now.though you are gone but your memories live with us.You had your fair share of life but it's unfortunate death took you away when the world need you most.Rest in peace bro,we all miss you especially ileke-idi.
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by vanitty: 2:15pm On Nov 30, 2011
Keep sleeping dear smiley
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by touchmeder: 2:23pm On Nov 30, 2011
Where was i last year when this broke out? I rmb the name very well. seeing it in posts and all that and Ive taken time to read through some previous posts and indeed the initial thread informing NL about his death. A true gentleman. May your soul rest in peace young man,
God continue to give your family peace and grace to carry on,
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by manny4life(m): 2:29pm On Nov 30, 2011
RIP Brother,

Though life was taken away from you at a young age, God in his mercy will grant your family peace to bear your loss. Thanks Ileke for posting this, I hope you'll be able to bear his loss as well.
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by nanidee(f): 2:40pm On Nov 30, 2011
RIP Bawomolo. . .

i feel really sad by all this.

Aryyor:

^^^ Bawomolo declared he was an atheist and would probably give you a 'lol' if you wished him that while he was here with us.

BTW, he was a very intelligent young man. He commented on some controversial issues yet he argued brilliantly; neither rude, insultive nor proud. He was indeed a gentleman.

Now that he's dead, what if he came to find out that there is indeed God. God, whom he brilliantly argued and reasoned out of his life,
I wonder where Bawomolo is now. Is he in hell? Is he in heaven? Or is he nowhere; in a state of nothingness? I really wonder,

this is really food for thought. This is an opportunity for those who are alive to take stock of their lives and beliefs.

It is really sad hearing this, and i do hope he somehow had the chance to make the right decisions before his death. Death comes calling, when no one expects, so now is the time to make the best of the time we have here on earth, while still alive.

I pray that God continues to comfort his family.
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by freshera: 3:20pm On Nov 30, 2011
His family have calmness in their genes. I know a member. He was a true gentleman. R.I.P. Bawomolo, while we are still working on earth, you are at rest.

Is there any way he can be immortalised on nairaland?
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by r231(m): 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2011
RIP Bawomolo
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by Jencejyde(m): 3:42pm On Nov 30, 2011
Gunner! RIP Bro
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by Orikinla(m): 3:47pm On Nov 30, 2011
May his memory remind us that:

It is not how long we live that counts, but how well what we do amounts to improve our life and the lives of others in our family, community and the rest of humanity.
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by tosine25: 5:03pm On Nov 30, 2011
, R I P,
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by eros(m): 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2011
I hope you are enjoying Heaven Bawomolo and praying for your Nairaland folks to join you when the time is right.

R, I.P. Mate
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by freecocoa(f): 8:12pm On Nov 30, 2011
Its a year already?how time flies,
I just buried a friend today who was just 2 years older than you and here I am commenting on this thread again,by this time last year reading through the posts about your death,I couldn't stop the tears from flowing and now writing this,it just feels like yesterday,the tears is flowing again,well I know you are in a better place so sleep on brother,you were one of the smartest guys on this forum and we really do miss you,I know I do.
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by JeSoul(f): 9:04pm On Nov 30, 2011
I think about Bawo frequently and was hoping there would be a 1-yr memorial thread and I'm glad to see one.

It still stings as though it were yesterday. I only pray & hope that you are in a much better place and at peace. I pray for your family even as their heart still bleeds for your loss. I pray for the world, the day it lost such a brilliant light.

You will always be missed. Rest dear friend.
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by hollas2jnr(m): 10:24pm On Nov 30, 2011
RIP Busayo, though I've not met u but on NL. What a loss, cry
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by Sagamite(m): 10:36pm On Nov 30, 2011
For those that might not know what happened: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-560180.96.html#msg7265596
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by ajetii(m): 10:48pm On Nov 30, 2011
RIP, MAN.
Any news of the nigga that killed him, anything in the news about him since a year ago or has the case been confined to the cold cases folder by the Chicago police?
Not that anything can bring him back to life but the family do need justice, Abi? Remember Wacko MJ naw.
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 30, 2011
You aint grinding until you are tired.

Continue to RIP.
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by Nobody: 12:29am On Dec 01, 2011
Rest In Peace.
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by InkedNerd(f): 8:16am On Dec 01, 2011
@Ileke-IdI:

Oh Ileke-IdI, it was only a matter of time before I saw this thread. I wanted to create a thread like this but I know how painful it is for you. Just the mere mention of his name was enough to upset you when I talked about him in the thread on the romance section. I'd thought about Bawomolo's death throughout the entirety of this year. Unlike some people of this thread, I haven't had a first hand experience of death. There few individuals who I have a connection to in terms of their death are my grandfather from my mother's side, my aunt from my mother's side, and a friend from high school. I barely remembered them [ my grandfather and aunt] so they're passing never affected me. . . At least not right away. It wasn't till I got older and started to reflect on the structure and make up of my family. Up until those moments in my life, I hadn't experienced such feelings. It was then that I felt the sadness of not having those people in my life, so hearing of Bawomolo's death was a complete shock to me. It had hit a lot closer to home. Just like you, I had never met Bawomolo but in some ways I felt that I knew him. I've never been one to hide my feelings, thoughts, or emotions but I will be very honest when I say this. I've never cried so much in my life--even as I write this, there are warm tears of sadness streaming down my eyes. For days, tears streamed down my eyes when I thought of him. Just as the others on Nairaland, I didn't want to believe it when the news broke. It took me a few minutes to even gather myself and understand what was going on. At times, I'd catch myself thinking about him and thinking that had someone come to his aid, he would still be among us today. That's what gets to me the most--its the "what if's" that keep playing in my mind and sadly from time to time, they just keep playing. At times on Nairaland, we tend to write and interact with one another under the guise that the things we encounter, do, and say here will not or do not affect us. Clearly, some of us have been mistaken. Through this site, I've come to love, understand, dislike, admire, and cherish the encounters I have had. I've met and encountered some of the most wonderful people--people who I at times have a love and hate [I don't actually hate anyone] relationship. My heart really went out to his mother and father. The loss of a child is never easy for any parent no matter how old the child is. Bawomolo, where ever you are, if you are indeed somewhere please know that you were truly loved an well respected. You were a better person than I could ever be. May your words and good nature continue to touch the hearts of people--you may not be with us physically but you are with us in spirit.

Let us not mourn the death of our dear Bawomolo, let us celebrate the life of such a beautiful individual
[flash=425,425]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU1WnxKvP78[/flash]
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by IbroSaunks(m): 1:31pm On Dec 01, 2011
I wish I knew him, even on nairaland. been reading posts on this thread since yesterday, i don't even know what to say
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by Odunnu: 8:02pm On Dec 03, 2011
RIP Great guy! You are yet alive here. We love you and would always do, even in death.
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by Nobody: 1:52am On Jun 13, 2015
RIP Bawomolo. Just thought about you today. It's still sad and a great pain in my heart.
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by Rilwayne001: 4:04pm On Feb 27, 2017
RIP embarassed
Re: A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 02, 2017
i miss you man . sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Poster Would You Like To Meet? And What Would You Ask Him/her? / Hilarious PHOTOS Of The Nigerian Police Force / Edo Declares Thursday A Public Holiday For Coronation Of The Crown Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.