Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Activating Vista Ultimate 32bit Retail With Vista Ultimate 64 Bit Oem Serial? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Activating Vista Ultimate 32bit Retail With Vista Ultimate 64 Bit Oem Serial? (1999 Views)

Help Upgrading 32bit System To 64bit / BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Activating Vista Ultimate 32bit Retail With Vista Ultimate 64 Bit Oem Serial? by oybv101: 9:24am On Sep 25, 2007
This is a variant on a post i made previously.
I'm in the process of buying a new laptop.i intend to use it for work, so i configured it with XP pro. however I have a genuine version of MS vista ultimate(OEM) 64 bit. if it were a retail version, it would have shipped with both the 32bit and 64 bit dvds.

my plan is to create a 40gb partition and install the vista on it.theoretically, i should be able to work and (when i feel like) play with vista. however, 64 bit windows is trouble some. i've been doing some thinking.it appears(I'm not sure) that a vista ultimate serial numbers will work for both 32bit and 64 bit editions. i picked up a pirated vista ultimate cd in pc village. My plan is to install it with my 64 bit OEM  serial number.  

so do yall think that would work? has anyone tried it? (if i had a retail version of vista, it would be no question-but i don't really understand this OEM. . .)
Re: Activating Vista Ultimate 32bit Retail With Vista Ultimate 64 Bit Oem Serial? by sholasys: 9:30am On Sep 25, 2007
My man it will not work. U cant use another serial n0. of a software to work with another. ordinarily u can install the pirated vista on your laptop it will work but remember u cant update and u will have problem in installing some hardwares
Re: Activating Vista Ultimate 32bit Retail With Vista Ultimate 64 Bit Oem Serial? by oybv101: 11:54am On Sep 25, 2007
actually, you can

http://board.iexbeta.com/index.php?showtopic=69712

I need to do 1 of 2 things-

get hold of a vista ultimate 32bit OEM

or alternatively, confirm, that my vista dvd is d full retail(not upgrade) version.
Re: Activating Vista Ultimate 32bit Retail With Vista Ultimate 64 Bit Oem Serial? by mikkyphp(m): 2:05pm On Sep 27, 2007
see, u said u purchase a pirated copy? just mail me later and i'll send u an activation crack. the next minute you're online you'll be downloading updates like mad.
my HP530 business laptop shipped with vista ultimate home basic.i just simply upgraded it with a pirated copy to ultimate and ran my crack!

(1) (Reply)

Practical And Effective Video DVD Courses For Education, Certifications & Skills / Very Neat HP 6710b @ 25k Only / New Laptop Essential Bundle For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.