Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Remain Joyful - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Remain Joyful (1026 Views)

Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) / A Touching But Joyful Story Of A Young Somalian Woman's Decision To Follow JESUS / Pastor Chris: Joyful Confessions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Remain Joyful by yommyuk: 8:00am On Nov 30, 2011
In the letter to a persecuted Church, Apostle Paul urged Christians to be filled with joy.

Philippians 3:1
“Whatever happens, my dear brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord. I never get tired of telling you these things, and I do it to safeguard your faith.”

Philippians 4:4
Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again – rejoice!

In the last hours of his life, Jesus Christ also desired that his disciples “be filled with (his) joy”

John 15:11
“I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my Joy. Yes, your joy will overflow.”

Superficial happiness is dependent on circumstances. Christian joy is clearly different. It is rooted in a person’s relationship with the Lord, and it is resilient even in the midst of suffering and death. Joy comes in knowing that whatever happens, God will use everything for our ultimate good.

Romans 5:3-4
We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation

Whatever our circumstance, we remain joyful. The enemy sees this and gets frustrated. Because what he expected has failed to become a reality. Shame on you, devil! –

We must choose to remain strong in the Lord. Our joy comes from the dynamic presence of God’s Spirit in our hearts.

How can we remain joyful?

By staying sober, filled with the Holy Spirit, consistent in prayer, singing spiritual songs and making music to the Lord in our hearts. And most importantly, giving thanks to God for everything es has done and about to do. (Eph 5:17-20). Be reassured that the Lord always hears the music and yearnings of our hearts.

CONCLUSION
Consequently, our life and attitudes must not be defined by outward circumstance, but by our relationship with the living God.

Prayer
May the joy of the Lord continue to be our strength in Jesus name. May the Lord continue to put us in a position that the evil one will see and be terrified that we are the people the Lord has blessed. May our life be compounded with everlasting joy and happiness in Jesus mighty name.

GOD BLESS wink
Re: Remain Joyful by Enigma(m): 8:14am On Nov 30, 2011
Me like. smiley

cool
Re: Remain Joyful by yommyuk: 3:26am On Dec 03, 2012
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Are Nigerian Christians Intimidated By Muslim "hijab"? / www.babefishing.com: The Nigerian Free Dating Site, To Find Nigerian Free Match. / Is Devil Rulling This World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.