Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend (9447 Views)

Ipad For Sell At A Give Away Price / Cheap Laptops/phones/ipad For All Nigerian / Yahoo Lists 10 Ridiculous Reasons To Not Buy The Ipad For Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by Slyr0x: 8:51am On Nov 30, 2011

Wei Xinlong, a college student at the Northeast Normal University in Changchun, really wanted to make his girlfriend, Sun Shasha, very happy.

He knew she would love to be in possession of the world's No. 1 passion possession, the iPad. However, he didn't have the money to effect that love. So he set about building an iPad from scratch.

Like all resourceful students, he took to the Web and learned as much as he could about the way tablets are built.

Then he bought a touch screen and a battery--online, naturally--and set to work. He reportedly cobbled together parts from an old laptop he bought, also online: the motherboard, the display, and the memory, for example. Then he finished it off with some pretty little rhinestones all the way round the outside. (A picture is here.)

"One can read, download, watch movies, play games by just touching the screen," he told China Daily News.

Oddly, though the home-made creation is Windows 7 enabled, it does seem to have an Apple logo on it-- something that might amuse a few lawyers and stimulate a few counterfeiters.

The whole cost of the homemade machine was 800 Yuan, which, at today's inflated prices seems to be $125.

Sun Shasha, for her part, couldn't have been more deliriously happy. She told China Daily News: "This is the best gift I've ever had, and I will keep it forever."

Surely, with so many vast technical brains in the U.S., some dashing gent must have tried to make his lover a personally crafted iPad.

Or has love lost its creative power over here in the West?

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/photo/2011-11/22/content_14142278.htm
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by Maleeq(m): 9:14am On Nov 30, 2011
now, this is interesting! Talk about digitalizing love!

Omo, I wan go China, me sef wan build BB Torch for this Nkechi girl wey I dey trip for! grin
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by rareman(m): 10:44am On Dec 01, 2011
waoo! This is called Isun sha sha
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by somegirl1: 10:46am On Dec 01, 2011
how nice
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by Beaf: 10:49am On Dec 01, 2011
What a romantic guy! So nice!
I hope the girl realises she has got a man that will go the extra mile and not ditch him for an ugly bastar'd in a Mercedes with tufts of grey hair freely flowing from his nostrils.
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by Olalekan0(m): 10:49am On Dec 01, 2011
I'm not amazed,China's home to the best brains in the field of technology!
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by atasteve: 10:51am On Dec 01, 2011
Maleeq:

Omo, I wan go China, me sef wan build BB Torch for this Nkechi girl wey I dey trip for!  grin

See what love is stimulating in a Nigerian smiley People will start building different, different things for their lovers e.g. keke Napep (full option) with AC smiley

These Chinese never cease to amaze me, so creative and highly innovative despite their level of poverty (at the grassroot)
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by rukie(f): 10:52am On Dec 01, 2011
Really Cool
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by Suntemi(m): 10:56am On Dec 01, 2011
Maleeq:

Omo, I wan go China, me sef wan build BB Torch for this Nkechi girl wey I dey trip for!  grin

By the time you are done building the BB torch, she would have followed another man that buys her a Bold 5
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 01, 2011
Maleeq:

Omo, I wan go China, me sef wan build BB Torch for this Nkechi girl wey I dey trip for!  grin

Na the same Nkechi go ask you wetin do d one wey dey cash n carry?
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by frankike1: 10:58am On Dec 01, 2011
this story tells us how far we are from our colleagues (students) in advanced countries. All we know in Nigeria is theoretical, the practical aspect of our education is zero. Some of computer science student can not even operate computer, most accounting students do not know how to use Accounting Softwares, almost all economist students can not run analyses with econometric programs, etc. May God help Nigeria
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by Librate(m): 10:59am On Dec 01, 2011
this is business in the making, i wish i can connect with guy, in so doing he will produce more and i do the marketing cus chinese products are hotcakes here in naija. i bet him we will be rich in no time
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by 195(f): 11:03am On Dec 01, 2011
atasteve:

See what love is stimulating in a Nigerian smiley People will start building different, different things for their lovers e.g. keke Napep (full option) with AC smiley

These Chinese never cease to amaze me, so creative and highly innovative despite their level of poverty (at the grassroot)

[size=18pt]ROTFLMFAOOO @ KEKE NAPEP FULL OPTION WITH AC AND AIRBAG grin grin[/size]
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by highland(m): 11:04am On Dec 01, 2011
I doubt this can happen in Nigeria. why? Nigerian students study to become employee of company not as a potential inventor.
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by daywatcher: 11:07am On Dec 01, 2011
I wonder if the chinese government has a hand in this
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by Fancier(f): 11:25am On Dec 01, 2011
Whaooo!!! He is romantically Intelligent, Nigeria guys should copy ASAP wink wink wink
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by Intrepid1(m): 11:28am On Dec 01, 2011
If this guy tries this in Nigeria, trust his money-loving, sugar-daddy feening babe to cuss him out for being cheap. Modafakking Naija babes!
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by UyiIredia(m): 11:35am On Dec 01, 2011
That was nice of him.
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by kunlekunle: 11:39am On Dec 01, 2011
what is the big deal about what he's done.
buying parts and putting them together.
childs' play
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by Lilnikee(m): 11:44am On Dec 01, 2011
Naija will surely Reach This Level One Day!
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by jehoshua55(m): 11:56am On Dec 01, 2011
kunlekunle:

childs' play

I wonder oh
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by AjanleKoko: 11:57am On Dec 01, 2011
Nice story.

Lilnikee:

Naija will surely Reach This Level One Day!

Which level?
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by DAVE5(m): 11:58am On Dec 01, 2011
dis is quite innovative,digital love
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by ochizo(m): 12:02pm On Dec 01, 2011
He was able to achieve because of the resources available to him. I bet Nigerian's would do this if we have such resources like Power, Internet and other infrastructure. I won't be surprised that someone also sponsored his research and development.

Why is it that we can't do documentaries like u always see in NaGeo --- Nobody would put his/her money there because to them its not productive

We the youths needs to put more of our time into innovations and we'd do better than this guy.
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by jascon1(m): 12:22pm On Dec 01, 2011
if i be Nkechi i no go take am oh. mek e no go sef-combust for my jeans(like t one for australia. who no weda na her bf giv am). i never ready to be limpo,
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by k10: 12:31pm On Dec 01, 2011
naija babe no fit appreciate this kind thing at all,
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by kunlekunle: 12:37pm On Dec 01, 2011
[td]He was able to achieve because of the resources available to him. I bet Nigerian's would do this if we have such resources like Power, Internet and other infrastructure. I won't be surprised that someone also sponsored his research and development.[/td]

Then he bought a touch screen and a battery--online, naturally--and set to work. He reportedly cobbled together parts from an old laptop he bought, also online: the motherboard, the display, and the memory, for example. Then he finished it off with some pretty little rhinestones all the way round the outside. (A picture is here.)

old boy, u need to ask questions, u need to look for answers, u need a querying mind.
he searched the internet   which u have access to
he bought parts and used old stuffs
then he decorated it

no sponsors or much money needed
big deal.
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by ideylaff: 12:37pm On Dec 01, 2011
Quote from: Maleeq on Yesterday at 09:14:32 AM

Omo, I wan go China, me sef wan build BB Torch for this Nkechi girl wey I dey trip for!  

By the time you are done building the BB torch, she would have followed another man that buys her a Bold 5  

Not only Bold 5 sef. the guy wld also give a LONG THING , for her D Koko, sef,
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by anishe(m): 1:21pm On Dec 01, 2011
Nice one.
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by badmrkt(m): 1:31pm On Dec 01, 2011
i built NOKIA 3310 for my girl,she ask say weda i small pass persn wey build BB.omo d babe disgrace me,
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 01, 2011
Naija guys take note
Re: Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend by kingsrod: 1:56pm On Dec 01, 2011
kunlekunle:

childs' play

^^ Oya go build your own 3310

(1) (2) (Reply)

Grade A USA Laptops For Sale / Swap Your Dead Or Faulty Laptop With A Perfectly Working Used Laptop In Lagos / Browse Unlimited With Just 70 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.