Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,028 members, 7,849,154 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:22 PM

Where Goeth The 4000mw Of Electricity? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Goeth The 4000mw Of Electricity? (941 Views)

What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? / Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government / What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Goeth The 4000mw Of Electricity? by Ericomoto(m): 9:53am On Nov 30, 2011
On paper our government is insisting PHCN is generating well above 4000MW of electricity in Nigeria. I live in Lagos around Gbagada and in the last 2 months I have not enjoyed light for 2 hours in a day. I leave my house 6am and get back home 7pm, and within the remaining hours of each day, PHCN only restore electricity sometimes between 1am and 2am when it will not be useful for enyone and this has been the routine for sometime now.

The most annoying part is that I pay 6k electricity bill every month even under this same condition which I have revolted severally but nothing has changed as they keep ripping me off without any service rendered.

I learnt PHCN staff were on strike for some 3 days about 2 weeks ago, but the strike made no difference as far as nigerians are concerned, PHCN is on strike everyday. Now Nigerians, how is light in your area? if it is the same situation as mine then where goeth the light? where goeth the 4000MW and where are they distributed to?
Re: Where Goeth The 4000mw Of Electricity? by Ericomoto(m): 4:48pm On Nov 30, 2011
How is light around where you live?
Re: Where Goeth The 4000mw Of Electricity? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 30, 2011
in my area in delta state, there has been light since sunday till now and it just went off only twice and it comes back on almost immediately. But our electric wires are our problems here as they cut easily. In some other parts of delta there's stil power problem too. So i guess is the area
Re: Where Goeth The 4000mw Of Electricity? by Ericomoto(m): 5:15pm On Nov 30, 2011
That is incredible. How is the electricity distributed then?

tiniyata:

in my area in delta state, there has been light since sunday till now and it just went off only twice and it comes back on almost immediately. But our electric wires are our problems here as they cut easily. In some other parts of delta there's stil power problem too. So i guess is the area

I hope you dont experience the crazy billings anyway? or are you on prepaid meter?
Re: Where Goeth The 4000mw Of Electricity? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 30, 2011
prepaid all the way. But they have stopped all sales cos they seem to be countin their loss as no more unnecessary extortion
Re: Where Goeth The 4000mw Of Electricity? by Ericomoto(m): 9:55pm On Dec 04, 2011
Another Policy breakdown in naija. LOL
Re: Where Goeth The 4000mw Of Electricity? by iluvnaija: 10:50pm On Dec 04, 2011
enjoy your fresh (phart) air my dear. nepa gave us 16k+ to pay for one month alone, residential house for that matter, wbo do i cry to? you voted jonathan and expect constant light. it only takes somebody who is not corrupt to fight corruption. not until corruption is rediused drastically you aint getting light for one hour.
it is only in nigeria contracts are awarded and completed on paper.
Re: Where Goeth The 4000mw Of Electricity? by Iolo(m): 11:23pm On Dec 04, 2011
16k+ electricity bill?? Jesus, dats too high o for a residential house. You guys have to go and complain sharply cause if you pay promptly it'll only get higher.
Re: Where Goeth The 4000mw Of Electricity? by otokx(m): 2:34am On Dec 05, 2011
Here in greater port harcourt we have electricity at least every other night from 1am to 5am
Re: Where Goeth The 4000mw Of Electricity? by Ericomoto(m): 9:44am On Dec 05, 2011
otokx:

Here in greater port harcourt we have electricity at least every other night from 1am to 5am
Only at Night when load usage would have reduced drastically? the few hours we get electricity here too is at around this same period and that is why I wonder what happened to the 4000mw claimed generated.
Anyone with a better understanding of PHCN to educate us.
Re: Where Goeth The 4000mw Of Electricity? by hillsate: 9:57am On Dec 05, 2011
we expected constant electricity but all we got is constant blackouts and bills.
sorry, who is the president again?
Re: Where Goeth The 4000mw Of Electricity? by anafest: 3:15pm On Dec 05, 2011
smileyi dont know, maybe u shd ask our leaders,
Re: Where Goeth The 4000mw Of Electricity? by Ericomoto(m): 3:47pm On Dec 09, 2011
Na wah o
Re: Where Goeth The 4000mw Of Electricity? by Ericomoto(m): 7:52am On Dec 15, 2011
Egbin Power station is down!!
Re: Where Goeth The 4000mw Of Electricity? by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 15, 2011
same here

and the bastards in govt want to kill fuel subsidy
Re: Where Goeth The 4000mw Of Electricity? by coolrose(m): 8:46am On Dec 15, 2011
Can Barth Nnaji deliver and make electricity stable in naija by the end of 2012 as promised?
Re: Where Goeth The 4000mw Of Electricity? by coolrose(m): 1:28pm On Jul 05, 2012
Where is the light again?

(1) (Reply)

Why Jonathan Must Visit Innoson Plastic Factory – Son Dg / Nigeria Varsities Short Of 30,000 Teachers — ASUU / Nigeria Will Not Implement IMF Policies- Okonjo Iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.