Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Causes Of Jaundice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Causes Of Jaundice (1487 Views)

How To Detect Jaundice In Your Newborn Baby---protecting Your New Born Babies / Causes Of Infidelity In Marriages / The Actual Causes Of Broken Homes And Divorces, And D Solutiƶns! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Causes Of Jaundice by Tiana155(f): 5:52pm On Nov 30, 2011
Hi people, can anyone tell me about jaundice infection (infants). My neighbour just had a baby with jaundice, the eyes are so yellow. Tell me please.
Re: Causes Of Jaundice by Outstrip(f): 12:54am On Dec 01, 2011
Has she taken him to the doctor? I really hope she has. it is not unusual for a baby to be born with a small degree of jaundice but she should be under a doctors care. Exposure to sun helps. Bottom line is see a doctor. Jaundice can lead to mental retardation besides a host of other things
Re: Causes Of Jaundice by Brisingr(m): 1:12am On Dec 01, 2011
shortage of gluconyl transferase use to metabolise biluribin causes jaundice
Re: Causes Of Jaundice by Basics007: 5:46am On Dec 01, 2011
She needs to see a doctor ASAP. Jaundice in neonates is a serious thing!
Re: Causes Of Jaundice by Tiana155(f): 11:46pm On Dec 01, 2011
After birth according to the mother the baby was under strong supervision, they had to stay in the hospital for a week. But really what causes jaundice?
Re: Causes Of Jaundice by Nobody: 12:41am On Dec 02, 2011
Some of the causes include:
-excess bilirubin
-internal bleeding
-infection in baby's blood
-malfunction of liver
-Rhesus factor
Re: Causes Of Jaundice by blank(f): 10:43am On Dec 02, 2011
My baby had jaundice cos he was pre-term. Had to stop breastfeeding for it to turn.

(1) (Reply)

Warning To Mothers!!! / Dad Who Shuns Money / Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.