Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Importing From China - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Importing From China (5453 Views)

China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor / Importing From China / Importing From China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Importing From China by Divab(f): 7:54pm On Nov 30, 2011
Hi NJ,

Can experienced NJ educate us about buying things (preferably clothes and electronics) from china and selling in Nigeria, Does one have to go to china to buy or make online orders? Pls I need information from business minded people.
Thanks
Re: Importing From China by HolyTrader: 7:19am On Dec 14, 2011
Are you planning to buy for personal use, or to resell? From your posting, it is difficult to know what you actually want. I know some trustworthy, genuine suppliers in Mainland China & Hong Kong that might consider taking up your request if your intended order is real. I hope you know there are many fake buyers (time-wasters/scammers) - it is not only suppliers that scam.
Re: Importing From China by theLINK: 1:07am On Dec 18, 2011
Divab:

Hi NJ,

Can experienced NJ educate us about buying things (preferably clothes and electronics) from china and selling in Nigeria,  Does one have to go to china to buy or make online orders? Pls I need information from business minded people.
Thanks

Y China? from experience most things coming in from china are fake, coupled with the ffraud ya i knw its cheaper to get tins from china but i'l strongly advice you consider UKor US, the buyer in this country is procted unlike wats obtainable in china. have a rethink and lets knw if u want to proceed
Re: Importing From China by mekaboy(m): 8:43pm On Dec 18, 2011
ASSUMING HE HAS A RETHINK AND DECIDES TO BUY FROM OTHER COUNTRIES, I HAVE NOTICED THAT THINGS ARE CHEAPER IN AMERICA, FROM MY RESEARCH ON AMAZON US AND AMAZON UK . IF SOMEONE BUYS STUFF FROM AMERICA, WHATS THE CHEAPEST MEANS OF BRINGING IT INTO NIGERIA TO SAVE COST AND MAKE PROFIT.

EXAMPLE= 5 PIECES OF LAPTOPS- 2 IPADS- 3 BLACKBERRY PHONES- 5 SHOES- 3 WATCHES AND MP3 PLAYERS- 6 PERFUMES.
Re: Importing From China by theLINK: 4:45am On Dec 19, 2011
mekaboy:

ASSUMING HE HAS A RETHINK AND DECIDES TO BUY FROM OTHER COUNTRIES, I HAVE NOTICED THAT THINGS ARE CHEAPER IN AMERICA, FROM MY RESEARCH ON AMAZON US AND AMAZON UK . IF SOMEONE BUYS STUFF FROM AMERICA, WHATS THE CHEAPEST MEANS OF BRINGING IT INTO NIGERIA TO SAVE COST AND MAKE PROFIT.

EXAMPLE= 5 PIECES OF LAPTOPS- 2 IPADS- 3 BLACKBERRY PHONES- 5 SHOES- 3 WATCHES AND MP3 PLAYERS- 6 PERFUMES.

if u are buying laptops check www.bestbuy.com they have gud laptops prices, for shoes amazon.com, for phones and mp3 players walmart.com or amazon.com, ebay.com also has good stuffs. for electronics u can check brandsmart.com or hhgregg.com.
and for shipping options to Nigeria its done per lbs, you can get shipping for between 4.5 and 5 dolls per lbs to lagos and 1.5 doll higher to abuja, delivery is 2 weeks.
Re: Importing From China by mekaboy(m): 11:31am On Dec 19, 2011
THANKS FOR THE INFO- WHICH COMPANY DOES THE SHIPPING AND WHATS THEIR WEBSITE ADDRESS ?
Re: Importing From China by Krucifax(m): 1:15pm On Dec 19, 2011
@ Poster i have imported from China on more than one occasion and here's my advice.

1. You want to first register with a directory that lists Chinese manufactures/exporters an example is Alibaba.com or Madeinchina.com.

2. My first consignment a small box with consumer goods was delivered without me even seeing anyone all done over the phone. (However i strongly advice against this!!!!). If you can afford it i recommend you visit China first.You will avoid tragedy and reap the benefits long term.
If you can't afford it then use the directories however before you make contact ensure the manufacturer/supplier is an (above gold rated member).
The rating system is a bit like eBay where people who have dealt with the company give feedback on their experiences hence gold etc etc.

3.Fraud is quite rife in China but the Chinese govt is brutal on Chinese fraudsters which works in our favour,so ensure the company contact detail is a landline phone and not a mobile. This does not guarantee a lack of fraud but minimises it(If you get there you'll understand i can't go into detail).

4. Most of the big companies have an English speaker in costumer service so don't worry about language issues the main thing you want to be aware of is the time. They are 8hrs ahead, so if you want to call a company at say 10:00am Beijing time you'll have to be awake at 2:00am Nigerian time.

I know this ain't much but hope it helps.

3 Likes

Re: Importing From China by mekaboy(m): 1:23pm On Dec 19, 2011
Krucifax:

@ Poster i have imported from China on more than one occasion and here's my advice.

1. You want to first register with a directory that lists Chinese manufactures/exporters an example is Alibaba.com or Madeinchina.com.

2. My first consignment a small box with consumer goods was delivered without me even seeing anyone all done over the phone. (However i strongly advice against this!!!!). If you can afford it i recommend you visit China first.You will avoid tragedy and reap the benefits long term.
If you can't afford it then use the directories however before you make contact ensure the manufacturer/supplier is an (above gold rated member).
The rating system is a bit like eBay where people who have dealt with the company give feedback on their experiences hence gold etc etc.

3.Fraud is quite rife in China but the Chinese govt is brutal on Chinese fraudsters which works in our favour,so ensure the company contact detail is a landline phone and not a mobile. This does not guarantee a lack of fraud but minimises it(If you get there you'll understand i can't go into detail).

4. Most of the big companies have an English speaker in costumer service so don't worry about language issues the main thing you want to be aware of is the time. They are 8hrs ahead, so if you want to call a company at say 10:00am Beijing time you'll have to be awake at 2:00am Nigerian time.

I know this ain't much but hope it helps.

WILL YOU ADVICE SOMEONE WHO IS STARTING WITH HIS FIRST LITTLE CAPITAL TO TAKE THIS RISK ? SINCE AFTER YOUR FIRST CONSIGNMENT ARRIVED HAVE YOU CONTINUED IMPORTING FROM CHINA IN A LARGER SCALE?

HAVE U HAD ANY BAD EXPERIENCES ?
Re: Importing From China by Krucifax(m): 1:47pm On Dec 19, 2011
mekaboy:

WILL YOU ADVICE SOMEONE WHO IS STARTING WITH HIS FIRST LITTLE CAPITAL TO TAKE THIS RISK ? SINCE AFTER YOUR FIRST CONSIGNMENT ARRIVED HAVE YOU CONTINUED IMPORTING FROM CHINA IN A LARGER SCALE?

HAVE U HAD ANY BAD EXPERIENCES ?

Yes i have had a bad experience with fake goods before. In the main regardless of how much capital you have the potential pitfalls are thesame but the benefits outweigh them. As far as cost effectiveness goes China is the world leader for importing goods.

My advise to any one would be this,if you are not looking for specificaly branded goods(household names,designers,etc) then go ahead. If you are looking for the above you MUST see the item YOURSELF before you part with your money.
Re: Importing From China by delgroveng(m): 3:42pm On Dec 19, 2011
Hello poster, I have observed all advice from other posters,unfortunately they all have some element of truth.When dealing with online listed companies in one of the gold rated companies in China ,this does not constitute a guarantee of not being cheated.
I suggest you browse round for whatever company that agrees to your price and quantity,then you may use our services to complete the transaction.
We offer factory inspection/shipping monitoring and handling, Escrow account for customers in Nigeria in a Nigerian based bank. Even Chinese buying from Chinese in Factories here will only use escrow services, a third party payment system because of the vast amount of dishonest traders
"Buying from China will definitely net better profit in your biz endeavor,Americans,EU, the world, all manufacture here and sell in their developed countries.Almost all goods sold in the U.S are made in China".
Therefore until we confirm your goods are intact, we or you will not release the balance of the funds to your customers.
We are both incorporated in Nigeria and China.
It will cost you a few extra change but compared to the cost of flying here,accommodation expense.It's a service you will be glad you opted for.
You may choose whichever option or services suits you best-

info@delgroveng.com

1 Like

Re: Importing From China by theLINK: 5:16am On Dec 20, 2011
delgroveng:

Hello poster, I have observed all advice from other posters,unfortunately they all have some element of truth.When dealing with online listed companies in one of the gold rated companies in China ,this does not constitute a guarantee of not being cheated.
I suggest you browse round for whatever company that agrees to your price and quantity,then you may use our services to complete the transaction.
We offer factory inspection/shipping monitoring and handling, Escrow account for customers in Nigeria in a Nigerian based bank. Even Chinese buying from Chinese in Factories here will only use escrow services, a third party payment system because of the vast amount of dishonest traders
"Buying from China will definitely net better profit in your biz endeavor,Americans,EU, the world, all manufacture here and sell in their developed countries.Almost all goods sold in the U.S are made in China".
Therefore until we confirm your goods are intact, we or you will not release the balance of the funds to your customers.
We are both incorporated in Nigeria and China.
It will cost you a few extra change but compared to the cost of flying here,accommodation expense.It's a service you will be glad you opted for.
You may choose whichever option or services suits you best-

info@delgroveng.com

your goods arriving is just one of the problems, a frnd got goods from china, when they arrived the standard was not wat he paid for, hw does ur arrangement address the issue of standard?
Re: Importing From China by delgroveng(m): 5:57am On Dec 20, 2011
@the LINK
That's the the advantages Chinese have over other cheap labor destination.Most goods are made to order,therefore giving you a choice to cut cost in materials or increasing your quantity as in economic of scale necessitating a lower price. Our advice is that for a first time importer in a new kind of product never b4 transacted,you should make use of a third party merchandising services with experienced buyers in the kind of product you desire. Sometimes very cheap means sub-standard products, so how much profit do u think is enough for your biz without compromising quality.This depends on you the importer, for a veteran importer, negotiate as well as spell out the quality you demand properly.
Note keep all emails for record purposes as well as for references in the event of breach of contract,this way u are assured of a change of products.
Re: Importing From China by pyneapples: 9:53am On May 24, 2012
Importing from China is this SIMPLE [/b]and [b]SAFE:

CRAFT TRADE CONSULT (CTCN) has offices in Nigeria and China and can handle all sourcing and outsourcing services. Visit us at www.crafttradeconsult.com. You can also call our hotline 08100 4444 09. and ask to speak with a Trade Manager.
Our Nigerian office is at 3rd Floor, Wuraola House, Allen Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos.
We will give you best services at the lowest price. All you have to do is tell us, and we will import everything you need. [b]No stress!
grin

Remember to tell the Trade Manager you are from Nairaland so you can be directed to speak with me. smiley smiley smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Importing From China by Rumisa: 8:14am On Dec 16, 2013
You shouldn't order laptop from aliexpress they are too bad
Re: Importing From China by Ponybiz: 10:00am On Jan 06, 2014
the LINK:
if u are buying laptops check www.bestbuy.com they have gud laptops prices, for shoes amazon.com, for phones and mp3 players walmart.com or amazon.com, ebay.com also has good stuffs. for electronics u can check brandsmart.com or hhgregg.com.
and for shipping options to Nigeria its done per lbs, you can get shipping for between 4.5 and 5 dolls per lbs to lagos and 1.5 doll higher to abuja, delivery is 2 weeks.
name of company pls!!!

(1) (Reply)

How Much Did Gtbank Charged On Your Account Today? / Central Bank Of Nigeria Injects $210m In Forex Market / In Need Of Condemned Engine Oil In Large Quantity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.