Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,160 members, 7,825,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Should I Ask For An Engagement Ring? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Ask For An Engagement Ring? (1478 Views)

This Is What Happens Sometimes When You Stop A Girl And Ask For Her Number / Reasons Why Living With Him Won't Get You An Engagement Ring / Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Ask For An Engagement Ring? by simplelady: 3:34pm On Sep 25, 2007
am engaged to a guy whom i have agree to follow to the altar next year march.
my old time toasters have vowed to get me for a serious relationship. am not interested cos majorly cos of church issue. am a catholic and about 3 are redeemers.

is it ideal to ask for an engagement ring from my fiance. he will de glad to send me one but i do not know the sense in asking for it

kindly advise
Re: Should I Ask For An Engagement Ring? by adeboo(f): 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2007
Send you one?
Does that mean he isnt near you?

I feel you should sort out many issues - including the fact that u are still talking about your exes and ur current man in one sentence.

The negagement ring isnt the factor here, its a symbol that you are together/ engaged alright but i feel there are issues that you really need to address.

Thats just what i sense but if not then am sorry.
Yes u should ask him for an engagement ring to symbolise that you are off the market.(thats if he can afford it)
Re: Should I Ask For An Engagement Ring? by omega25red(m): 4:39pm On Sep 25, 2007
Poster if i were you i would listen to what adeboo said you have some issues to address if you are engaged to someone but you are still talking about ex boy friends.
Also what would asking for a ring accomplish?? is that what would let your ex know that you are taken?? or you just want to be sure that the guy who is not around is really commited to you??
Re: Should I Ask For An Engagement Ring? by simplelady: 5:02pm On Sep 25, 2007
sorry for your info.

they others i mentioned are never my ex boy friends rather they have being friends most of them i met in one place or they other e.g ICAN schools. they want a serious relationship but these are guys who keep insisting even when i have said no am engaged. looking at my personality they might feel am not saying the truth.

so i really want something to keep them off since is not possible for them to see my fiance with me now. he is out of lagos

i only need advise
Re: Should I Ask For An Engagement Ring? by simplelady: 5:05pm On Sep 25, 2007
mofe obo o

keep your mouth shut if u do not have any good advice to offer.

u are not invited to the table of senior citizens. i believe you are not a fool yourself. so keep quiet

thanks
Re: Should I Ask For An Engagement Ring? by sylvao2000(m): 5:44pm On Sep 25, 2007
@poster go get one urself and fix it in your hand, you better do that fast or else if l catch you with no engagement ring in your hand l will be part of those guys giving you hard time well am very sure you will hear me out and fall, so dont give it a chance ok

@mofe obo o were you for come self? who you be?? or over sex dey worry you answer me before l come back here ok
Re: Should I Ask For An Engagement Ring? by CrazyMan(m): 6:00pm On Sep 25, 2007
First you have to convince yourself that you truly love him before you ask him to send you an engagement ring. You’re hoping to follow him to the altar come next march but you still talk about your old time toasters.

I would advise you to make up your mind on where you wish to go in order to avoid the past bursting open in the future I guess you know what I mean. When you’ve done that, then you can confidently ask him for an engagement ring.
Re: Should I Ask For An Engagement Ring? by hotchic1(f): 7:05pm On Sep 25, 2007
The issue is its not all about engagement ring,its about your heart,its got to do with your feelings,if you actually want him and not those friends,then you can without the ring in your hand and besides are you sure that you are not dating this guy because you are a member of thesame church

Anyway back to the main point,if you think you really want a ring in your hand,get one for camouflage,don't ask your guy and don't be so assured that he will be sending you one,
Re: Should I Ask For An Engagement Ring? by degubi(m): 7:37pm On Sep 25, 2007
@hot chic
The issue is its not all about engagement ring,its about your heart,its got to do with your feelings,if you actually want him and not those friends,then you can without the ring in your hand and besides are you sure that you are not dating this guy because you are a member of thesame church

THANK U MY SISTER, WELL SAID. U HAVE DRIVEN THE NAIL STRAIGHT TO ITS MEETING POINT, I DARE SAY I AM IMPRESSED.

It does not matter whether u fill all ur fingers with engagement rings, if u are not faithful u are not faithful shikena!
Re: Should I Ask For An Engagement Ring? by rachiwise(f): 8:33pm On Sep 25, 2007
@ mofe dobo
ah?? wetin fool or no be fool 4 the think wey she ask?
u should have adviced her(positively or otherwise) and not yab her like that.ah o ga fun eee ooo!!!!

@ poster
be careful abt the oda guys there are distractions for u.focus and move on with ur choice

Cheers!!!
Re: Should I Ask For An Engagement Ring? by simplelady: 9:09am On Sep 26, 2007
thanks to rachiwise, crazykid, hot chic and all those that responded maturely excluding mofe obo o who is insane.

God bless. form your advice and suggestions i will put 1 & 2 together and do the needful.

thanks once more.

mofe obo o ,
i will be on the look out for you. am sure the topic you will post one day will be very raw and disgusting. we shall meet.

you better change for good for your own sake
Re: Should I Ask For An Engagement Ring? by Bosdem(f): 11:14am On Sep 26, 2007
Simplelady, am engaged but i dont wear a ring, i tell them period, if u tell a guy u are engaged with all seriousness i guess they will let u be!, and in most case people want to order their wedding n engagement ring together, since ur wedding is still in march
Re: Should I Ask For An Engagement Ring? by sanrima(f): 11:21am On Sep 26, 2007
@ poster

if wearing a ring on ur finger will make u more comfortable, then ask for one. but all the same i think its a thing of the heart and feelings, cos the ring will not stop guys from coming after u. they even go after married women not to talk of engagemen haa haa haa grin grin.

(1) (Reply)

Who Comes First? Mum Or Girlfriend? / Staying With His Grandmother For A Month / To What Extent in a relationship Can U Take You Gal/guy To See Your Parents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.