Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? (4163 Views)

Hear About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? / Heard About The New Online Fraud Called Kongapay? / Interswitch ATM/Debit Card - The Answer To Online Fraud? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by nwanioma(f): 3:21pm On Dec 01, 2011
I would like to hear from people who have actually had issues with online purchasing. Like their cards numbers been jacked and you get strange messages of withdrawals you never made, or your account debited without a corresponding purchase that most of the time is corrected by banks after waiting for , , or you simply don't get the products you after payments. And am not talking about the speculations here, i need actual experiences, or at least first hand gist.

I for one haven't experienced such before but i still keep a separate bank account for my online purchases, so if water pass garri i'll at least have done some damage control.
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by Jarus(m): 1:53pm On Dec 02, 2011
Almost.
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by yomz1e(m): 1:55pm On Dec 02, 2011
your question is a bit vague! are you trying to do it and secretly asking us whether its still possible to use hacked cc numbers to buy LV, Gucci or Fendi bags? grin grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by whatalife: 1:58pm On Dec 02, 2011
I have been scam about 1909 british pound by a company in the Uk selling mobile phones.
Though the purchase was supervised by a nairalander in Uk, Still trying to recover my money back its been close to 2months plus now.
I have been through all kind of stress
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 02, 2011
whatalife:

I have been scam about 1909 british pound by a company in the Uk selling mobile phones.
Though the purchase was supervised by a nairalander in Uk, Still trying to recover my money back its been close to 2months plus now.
I have been through all kind of stress

What A LIE!!!

OR

WHAT AN IDIOTA!!!

1909 pounds for a mobile phone, cheesy you weren't scammed, you were rap3d
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by baslone: 3:09pm On Dec 02, 2011
musKeeto:

What A LIE!!!

OR

WHAT AN IDIOTA!!!

1909 pounds for a mobile phone, cheesy you weren't scammed, you were rap3d

He said Mobile[b] phonesssss!!!![/b]
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by yomz1e(m): 4:34pm On Dec 02, 2011
@whatalife you sure you innocent in this matter cool grin grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by whatalife: 5:12pm On Dec 02, 2011
@ yomz1e,
I did due diligent search , yet still fall into this pit, I paid money through a respected nairalander .
Bros is a long story
Will post details here when am less busy
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by yomz1e(m): 5:14pm On Dec 02, 2011
@whatalife
Bro, I dont believe there are still Nigerians who trust other nigerians in this world! Sorry sha!
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by LagosBoi2(m): 6:11pm On Dec 02, 2011
If you like make you fall scam, wetin concern me.
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 02, 2011
baslone:

He said Mobile[b] phonesssss!!!![/b]
OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, grin grin grin grin
My bad,

@whatALife: bros ndo,
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by okosodo: 8:03pm On Dec 02, 2011
Please any body with that has large amount of money in his liberty reserve account. I am begging you to remove it and put it in a nigerian bank. Those thieves connive with to remove your money escpecially when you leave it there for a long period of time.
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by okosodo: 8:09pm On Dec 02, 2011
Please any body storing large amount of money in liberty reserve will lose it . LR IS A SCAM
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by whatalife: 8:45pm On Dec 02, 2011
@ yomz1e,
Like i said earlier i did ask question about somebody who could help procure mobile phones from Uk in the post below and several other post i can't recall now

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=750918.msg9068417#msg9068417

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=721344.msg8799313#msg8799313

I got several replies from people and many of them where scam from the begining,
I actually contacted circuitatlantic.com but was told they don't cover UK.
I contacted a nairalander whom i have so much respect for in the Auto section, despite the fact that i have never met him before,
My problem is not with the nairalander but the site where the phones where purchased from.
The site Never deliver the phones to address provided in the Uk as i write this ,
My friend (nairalander) whom i paid to his account has been very upright to see that bank refund the money back since the company never deliver the goods that was order for.
He has kept me abreast of all correspondence with him with the bank and the police.
Brother it is a long story
Will update this forum as this progresses
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 02, 2011
whatalife:

@ yomz1e,
Like i said earlier i did ask question about somebody who could help procure mobile phones from Uk in the post below and several other post i can't recall now

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=750918.msg9068417#msg9068417

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=721344.msg8799313#msg8799313

I got several replies from people and many of them where scam from the begining,
I actually contacted circuitatlantic.com but was told they don't cover UK.
I contacted a nairalander whom i have so much respect for in the Auto section, despite the fact that i have never met him before,
My problem is not with the nairalander but the site where the phones where purchased from.
The site Never deliver the phones to address provided in the Uk as i write this ,
My friend (nairalander) whom i paid to his account has been very upright to see that bank refund the money back since the company never deliver the goods that was order for.
He has kept me abreast of all correspondence with him with the bank and the police.
Brother it is a long story
Will update this forum as this progresses

sorry for what happened. This can be real painful, I hope you recover your funds.
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by anwarh(m): 1:38am On Dec 03, 2011
well, fall to an online fraud?
no. i don't think any Nigerian is that silly.
don't get me wrong, we do get scammed, and we are getting scammed.
For the past 50 years, we have been the victims of the biggest scam of all time:
The Nigerian government.
grin
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by Sprumbaba: 7:59am On Dec 03, 2011
ebay $400 - I bought a printer and paypal took my money. The guy did not ship and Paypal with all their lies did not give me my money back. The said they could not get anything from the guys account.

Paypal seized my money for close to a year .That is a fraud to me.

My Cousin

ebay - He bought GUCCI shoe online only to receive CUCCI.
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by Ajillo: 10:08am On Dec 03, 2011
There is a guy in all Nigeria forum sites who claims to know the code for internet browsing through DSTV and HITV and DAAR.  That guy answers Jude Akassa and Jude Ibro and will demand a total of 30,000NGN from you. He will give you an account number to pay in the money and when you do you will never hear from him again. Who knows how many people he has swindled.
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by dafizee: 4:06pm On Dec 03, 2011
Sprumbaba:

ebay $400 - I bought a printer and paypal took my money. The guy did not ship and Paypal with all their lies did not give me my money back. The said they could not get anything from the guys account.

My Cousin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Cldnt stop laffng!!!!!
Guess ur cousin is lucky dt it wasn't QUCQI he received,
abi,,,der is no diff btw GUCCI n CUCCI,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, grin grin grin grin all join!
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by ogb5(m): 12:34am On Dec 04, 2011
bought and inverter on ebay once, paid through paypal and the guy refused to ship from china. kept giving excuses of the product not being ready. i sensed he was stalling, waiting for paypal complaint time frame to elapsed.
Long story, I reported to paypal and got my refund from paypal.

and trust naija, i made sure i was the highest bidder for several of his subsequent auctions on ebay, and each time I refused to pay for the items i bidded for. i kept asking him to promise in writing that he will shipped this time around before i will pay him. just wanted to make him know he is not as smart as he thinks.
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by nwanioma(f): 7:30am On Dec 04, 2011
Sprumbaba:

My Cousin

so so funny!
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by kevinc: 3:07pm On Dec 05, 2011
No! God forbid.
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by nwanioma(f): 3:12pm On Dec 05, 2011
kevinc:

No! God forbid.
@kevinc
So those that it has happened to just didn't cast and bind enough?
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 05, 2011
Why
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by yomz1e(m): 10:56am On Dec 06, 2011
@ Sprumbaba

I find it hard to believe Paypal fails to refund your money. Paypal will always get refund your money back which is why you have about 3 months to file a dispute. After that month elapse there is little they can do . So i dont believe what you saying that they couldnt refund you £300 because i use paypal a lot for receiving and paying and whenever anyone has problems with the transaction they freeze the money going into my acc.

And as for your Gucci (Cucci) should have filed a dispute again same process of paypal applies. But that was funny though!
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by Sprumbaba: 7:01am On Dec 07, 2011
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by yomz1e(m): 9:52am On Dec 07, 2011
My Gosh! sorry @ sprumbaba! you should sue them, they took the money from you and my understanding is they are protecting both buyers and sellers. It seems they have messed up. if its not too late and you use your credit or debit card , you should file a credit or credit card dispute you might have a chance there. i hate it when Paypal does this. I'd probably change my payment method to CCard so as to avoid this kind of palaver, atleast i know am protected if $h!t like this happens.
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by Sprumbaba: 5:22pm On Dec 07, 2011
Re: Have You Ever Been A Victim Of Online Fraud? by nwanioma(f): 2:36pm On Dec 20, 2011
Sprumbaba:

@ Yomzie . Those fine prints abroad are crazy. I have paid for 3 months rent (without living in the house - half million naira in value) because I did not notify my landlord 2 months before lease expiration that I will leave the house. I actually signed that but I did not read the bulky paper. They did not tell me.

I have subscribed to an investment/life insurance package  when I was a bachelor but when I got married I could not sustain the contribution (this shiiit was introduced to me by a Nigerian, for the person to make more money being the agent she made pay high premium as contribution, I could have been okay contributing 10% of what I was contributing)

I told them I want to come down on the monthly premium, they said no, I asked if I could increase my premium they said yes. I said I am not doing again, they said I will forfeit my money because my participation is not 5 years old. I was told to go and read the fine prints.

Fraud by style is common abroad than Naija.

Did they start calculating the rent from the point of when you paid? That's so not right oh!

(1) (Reply)

. / 3 Nigeria's Most Trusted Websites To Buy And Sell Bitcoin, Perfectmoney & Others / Buhari Urges Return To Gold-Backed Currencies To End Inflation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.