Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,778 members, 7,831,499 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

If Nigerian Churches Were Banks - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Nigerian Churches Were Banks (5388 Views)

Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / If Nigerian Churches Were Stocks: Which Would You Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by onyekang1(f): 10:02am On Oct 04, 2007
My ribs ache out of lafta, u guys r something else. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by savesoul(m): 2:57pm On Oct 04, 2007
mrpataki,
i didnt expect that statement to come from you
I am DISSAPOINTED
I think Baptist should be UBA ( United Baptist of Africa ) grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by mrpataki(m): 3:10pm On Oct 04, 2007
Purist:

With all due respect, mrpataki, I believe as an adult, one should be able to express his views without being unnecessarily insultive. It's been stated right from the beginning of this thread that this is intended as comical, and nothing more. If you felt irritated by the thread, you should have simply done yourself some good by ignoring, or at best, drop an insult-free comment. . . and I believe I'm speaking for everyone else here, innit?

With due respect, I will only give you the due honor of replying your own post, since I find it to be only one with revelant sense. My question is what relevance does this topic have here? If it is meant for games, it should be in the forum games department undecided

I wonder what spiritual edification this topic adds to ones upliftment in life.

Bunch of nonsense.
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by mrofficial(m): 3:18pm On Oct 04, 2007
@savesoul
First baptist should be First bank.
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by excel12(m): 4:26pm On Oct 04, 2007
mr.official:

@savesoul
First baptist should be First bank.

Then communion churches will be a community bank grin grin
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by shinystar(m): 4:30pm On Oct 04, 2007
Christian Praying Centre is nothing but People's Bank of Nigeria. Remember how the bank tortured depositers to death?
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by Purist(m): 5:15pm On Oct 04, 2007
@mrpataki

mrpataki:

With due respect, I will only give you the due honor of replying your own post, since I find it to be only one with revelant sense. My question is what relevance does this topic have here? If it is meant for games, it should be in the forum games department undecided

Bunch of nonsense.

I wasn't expecting an explanation, I expected an apology!

And talking of "spiritual edification", puhleezz. . don't get me started. cool
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by excel12(m): 5:26pm On Oct 04, 2007
mrpataki:

It is such inanity that those who call themselves christians here, also indulge in such foolishness here. After equating all the Nigerian churches which you can all think of, what happens next to the thread?

Bunch of childish fools. angry angry

mrpataki:

Bunch of nonsense.

mrpataki,
did u just talk about spiritual edification and upliftment when you called people 'a bunch of childish fools'?
Thats first class hypocrisy !!! you are a disgrace to christianity (if you are a christian like you are making us to believe)
Nothing short of an apology to all of us on thi forum is acceptable to man and God.
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by Nellyf: 5:36pm On Oct 04, 2007
Pls God's house is Supreme and not to be compared with any other.
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by mrofficial(m): 6:59pm On Oct 04, 2007
excel12:

Then communion churches will be a community bank grin grin
You said so tongue
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by mrpataki(m): 7:50pm On Oct 04, 2007
excel12:

mrpataki,
did u just talk about spiritual edification and upliftment when you called people 'a bunch of childish fools'?
Thats first class hypocrisy !!! you are a disgrace to christianity (if you are a christian like you are making us to believe)
Nothing short of an apology to all of us on thi forum is acceptable to man and God.

Proverbs 26:5 -Answer a fool according to his folly, Lest he be wise in his own eyes.
So I owe no man no apology here.

I will ask you, since you are the originator of this useless topic, of what spiritual edification does this topic add to ones growth in Christianity? Do you even know what chrisitianity means at all?

Your mates are crying for a revival all over the world, you sit down behind the computer imagining Churches to Banks undecided What a puerile mindset you have.

For every idle word you speak, you shall give account for it. It is written in the bible: Iron Sharpeneth iron, so a friend sharpeneth the countenance of his partner.

When you were logging into this topic it says Religion: Share your faith and belief in God or other spiritual powers, not to come here and do a multi-comparism analysis of Nigerian Churches with Nigerian Banks.

Enuff said!
Bunch of nonsense.
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by mimiko(f): 12:37am On Oct 05, 2007
I think Grail centre should be standard chartered bank for they do not advertise ar all

@ johunojuri
hope i got ur name right MEN na true talk u talk men u got me laughing like a fool
@ mr pataki
pls patakilse yourself and stop criticising the poster if u dont like the thread stop replying to it its just simple its a free world remeber.
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 05, 2007
What of Bojuwomi and Sekunderin?  grin
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by Carlosein(m): 11:54am On Oct 05, 2007
what i see here,

ummmm, am out runs out quickly
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by FemiD(m): 12:02pm On Oct 05, 2007
Mr. Patakipatako, talking about edification, I have been edified. There is a fun-side to life and God is pleased when you worship him even with things as simple as this. The gospel that have been preached here is that there is a great fun in christianity, afterall; and if you care to know this is capable of bringing hopes to the lives of many. No mockery is being made here, since both churches and banks are both the product of God through man.

So my people, to rev it up what will be the currency notes of these churches:

i think N1,000.00 note will be holiness as that is the highest denomination
N20.00 will be prosperity, it is shiny and attractive and in fact every bank has it

Perhaps, you will be able to figure out the rest.
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by mrpataki(m): 12:21pm On Oct 05, 2007
mimiko:

@ mr pataki
please patakilse yourself and stop criticising the poster if u don't like the thread stop replying to it its just simple its a free world remeber.
If my post offends you too, stick your hands out of replying it. Remember it is a free world too wink
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by mrpataki(m): 12:30pm On Oct 05, 2007
FemiD:

Mr. Patakipatako, talking about edification, I have been edified. There is a fun-side to life and God is pleased when you worship him even with things as simple as this. The gospel that have been preached here is that there is a great fun in christianity, afterall; and if you care to know this is capable of bringing hopes to the lives of many. No mockery is being made here, since both churches and banks are both the product of God through man.

So my people, to rev it up what will be the currency notes of these churches:

i think N1,000.00 note will be holiness as that is the highest denomination
N20.00 will be prosperity, it is shiny and attractive and in fact every bank has it

Perhaps, you will be able to figure out the rest.

What an absolute composition of nonsense! So God is pleased with the comparism of churches to banks? When man wants to sin, he will look for excuses to gratify his sinful desires even from the bible. Give me a scripture which validates your bunkum, all this JJC sef angry

What hope of salvation does this bring to many? That churches are financial houses for financial transactions? Was that message of Jesus Christ?

I can see you still have a long way to go in understanding matters of the kingdom. Keep on with your milk sucking.
Oh that I woukd have you to handle strong meat, alas. . . . . . . . . . . .

My piece to you ends here.
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by mrpataki(m): 12:34pm On Oct 05, 2007
Purist:

@mrpataki

I wasn't expecting an explanation, I expected an apology!

And talking of "spiritual edification", puhleezz. . don't get me started. cool

I keep making the mistake of thinking that people are always enlightened for reasonable discourse. You happened to prove that my assumption wrong.
Have a blessed day.
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by excel12(m): 1:23pm On Oct 05, 2007
mr.official:

You said so tongue
mrpataki:

Proverbs 26:5 -Answer a fool according to his folly, Lest he be wise in his own eyes.

I will ask you, since you are the originator of this useless topic, of what spiritual edification does this topic add to ones growth in Christianity? Do you even know what chrisitianity means at all?

Your mates are crying for a revival all over the world, you sit down behind the computer imagining Churches to Banks undecided What a puerile mindset you have.

For every idle word you speak, you shall give account for it. It is written in the bible: Iron Sharpeneth iron, so a friend sharpeneth the countenance of his partner.

When you were logging into this topic it says Religion: Share your faith and belief in God or other spiritual powers, not to come here and do a multi-comparism analysis of Nigerian Churches with Nigerian Banks.

Enuff said!
Bunch of nonsense.

mrpataki or whatever you call yourself,this is the last time i will exchange arguments with you on this because i can see that you are a pharisee (you are to far to see things) .You sure think you are the most righteous person while others here are unbels,right?
If you care to know,i posted this thread in the joke section before it was moved here by the administrator and i believe there i no big deal to that.There is a humorous side to God and I have no regrets starting this thread because i am convinced i am doing anything wrong.And if you think i am encouraging blasphemy ,leave me to me and God,he has not yet told me he has relinquished his position as the judge of every man to you.

mdsocks:

What of Bojuwomi and Sekunderin? grin

those ones are oke ira community bank and ipodo community bank respectively.
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by ChiefS(m): 1:48pm On Oct 05, 2007
What of Daddy of million babies?what which bank will it be? grin
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by FemiD(m): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2007
Mr. Pataki,

let me start with the non-issue before getting on to the issues. You referred to me as a JJC; you need to check my profile to see that I joined the forum about a-month-and-a-half before you, and if your reference is to Christ, then it shows a degree of emptiness because with Christ, there are no first comer, no JJC. Come to think of it, JJCs in Christ will not be exalted by your post.

Now to issues: A christian with the spirit of God dwelling in him will know for sure when he is going wrong. I am a christian and I don't see anything wrong with this like several other christian have also expressed - that is not to put your christianity in doubt but of course to create an opportunty for like minds to reason together.

Well, since you demanded to know how this could serve as a work of salvation, I will cite an instance that just comes handy. There are people who visit this forum but will never have anything to do with the 'Religion Corner'. The title of the topic could attract such and while they are still on it, they may find a link to another topic and another and another until God gets his message across. God cannot be boxed in; he is not stereotypic; he likes to do things in very unique ways. I want to thank God for the poster, moreso, that he expressed his intention was never to mock God but to make people laugh. For as many, whose post on this topic falls in line with the intention of the poster, they have done well and should not be condemned in any way.
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by Purist(m): 4:03pm On Oct 05, 2007
Hi mrpataki! grin

<sarcasm>
I am very much convinced that all your posts so far on this thread are for the spiritual edification of the lives of the unbelievers in our midst.  I am very certain as well that God is smiling broadly at you for representing Him so well here on Nairaland with your very brotherly posts.  Infact, you are the perfect example of who a Christian should really be.  Keep it up bro!
</sarcasm>

Now, may I bring to your notice that even in your own holier-than-thou attempt to disparage the rest of us catching our fun here, you have proven yourself to be no different from the very words you have used to describe us here.  Your comment which seems to suggest that you are more "Christian" than the rest of us, is simultaneously antithetical to the very faith that you claim to represent.  A true Christian will never utter words like that with such bitterness.  And besides, if you truly are a Christian as you have attempted to make us believe here, why don't you adhere to the words of the Person that you claim to be your Lord and Saviour?  (Ref: Matthew 5:22!).

I have read quite a number of your posts on this forum, and let me state categorically that you are nothing but a HYPOCRITE! Often times, you come to religion forum to act all holy, but you go on to other boards quarrelling and bandying words with everybody. .  so much for one who claims to be a Christian!  Attitudes like yours only make non-christians have a second thought about Christianity.  Even the atheists on this forum do not descend to the level of insulting people that they do not agree with.  This is a forum where it is very normal for people to disagree, but you don't have to go all the way to call them names just to drive home one useless point.

The annoying part of your whole unreasonable excercise is that you always hardly make any sense in your attempt to prove that you are 'better' than the others.  You bump into threads to tell people that they are wrong, and rather than tell/show them what you think is right, you go all the way throwing insults at them.

To be more straightforward, YOU ARE SIMPLY UNINTELLIGENT!  Perhaps, PUERILE should be a more appropriate word for you.

And you really don't need to come here to defend yourself.  People here have eyes and can read for themselves.  I'm very certain that a lot of people will find your attitude on this thread, totally ludicrous.

Bloody Hypocrite! cool
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by Purist(m): 4:11pm On Oct 05, 2007
Infact, let me take the pain to quote your gibberish line by line.

mrpataki:

Are you aware that you have completely butchered the original intent of that verse?  First of all, no one asked for your opinion, so there was absolutely no point answering us according to our "folly".  Secondly, you have taken this particular verse completely out of context, and you've applied it in the wrongest way ever.  Even an atheist would do a better exegesis of that portion of the Bible!  What a Christian!

mrpataki:

I will ask you, since you are the originator of this useless topic, of what spiritual edification does this topic add to ones growth in Christianity?

First, since this topic did not in any way edify you spiritually, why did you bother to respond?  Just to 'blow grammar' and tell us that we are fools?  And you suppose that is a Christian thing to do, Mr. Holy-Holy?
And even puristically speaking, your grammar isn't impressive.

mrpataki:

Do you even know what chrisitianity means at all?

From my own limited knowledge, I still know for sure that Christianity is not about calling people fools when you do not agree with them.  But since you seem to know better than the rest of us, pray tell.

mrpataki:

What mates?  And why haven't you joined in the cry for a revival as well?  Oh I forget, your own job, as a "Christian" is to stay behind, reminding people of how "foolish" they are.  God must really be proud of you.

mrpataki:

Please spare me the sanctimony!  What has this got to do with what we're discussing?

mrpataki:

Since you saw the inscription yourself, one would have hoped that you would also come to share your faith and belief in God, not to come here, calling people fools.  Who the hell do you think you are?

mrpataki:

Enuff said!
Bunch of nonsense.

I love you too. kiss

mrpataki:

What an absolute composition of nonsense! So God is pleased with the comparism of churches to banks?

What an absolute composition of nonsense (x 10)!  So God is pleased with your calling others, who have not offended you, fools?

mrpataki:

When man wants to sin, he will look for excuses to gratify his sinful desires even from the bible. Give me a scripture which validates your bunkum, all this JJC sef angry

What hope of salvation does this bring to many? That churches are financial houses for financial transactions? Was that message of Jesus Christ?

I can see you still have a long way to go in understanding matters of the kingdom. Keep on with your milk sucking.
Oh that I woukd have you to handle strong meat, alas. . . . . . . . . . . .

My piece to you ends here.

Evacuate the log in your own eyes before attempting to remove the speck in another's eyes.
And please save us the didactic lecture.  You're beginning to bore me!

mrpataki:

I keep making the mistake of thinking that people are always enlightened for reasonable discourse. You happened to prove that my assumption wrong.
Have a blessed day.

And have you wondered why you keep making that same mistake?  Perhaps, because you're too dull to comprehend the magnitude of their intelligence . . .  perhaps?

Have a wonderful day too! . . . and remember, Jesus loves us! grin
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 06, 2007
guys you are digressing pls cheesy
Let the thing flow
Which bank will be Bojuwomi and Sekunderin grin
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by redsun(m): 4:36pm On Oct 06, 2007
Banks have shareholders,while churches have follow-holder,both money making machines,the bank holders gets dividends in return,while the church holders sink deeper into oblivion.Mugu fall,guy man chop,korokoro.We are depicting 419yers as yahoo boys,while the real 419yers are those suit wearing bastards like lying pastors and politicians,don't look too far.
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by MP007(m): 1:33am On Oct 07, 2007
the poster of this thread is stupid, insensitive and dumb, it aint funny fool, churches aint banks
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by redsun(m): 4:04pm On Oct 07, 2007
The voice of men is the voice of gods,we are all gods,be honest,believe and live it,lose yourself then you find yourself.As you intend and speak,so shall it be.
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by mrpataki(m): 10:28pm On Oct 07, 2007
@ the congregation of low thinking things,
It is evident that to harangue you all for the level at which you remain in a multi comparism analysis of churches to banks is equivalent to the old times of trying to tell the people of Sodom and Gomorrah that destruction is coming, yet they will rather wallow in their sins, self righteousness and foolish thinkings.

Men of reprobate minds and reasoning. An unbeliever friend of mine who is an American saw this topic the other day when I was replying it, and all he could do was shake his head, I asked why he was shaking his head, he said: Is this the kind of religion you practice in your country? I felt ashamed to even say am a christian from Nigeria, when the so-called christians here are busy sitting down behind their computer screens and thinking of which church is similar to a bank. Pack of nonsense. cool

If you still want to type your bunkum to me, I will not give you the attention you crave for. As for the jobless ones who dig into my posts, keep it going on. Addressing cyber-idiots on this forum, I am well known for that!

Pack of dull heads.
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by ifyalways(f): 11:09pm On Oct 07, 2007
Hmmmn.
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by redsun(m): 1:56pm On Oct 08, 2007
American preachers are among the most corrupt preachers in christandom both morally and otherwise,they are paedophiles,supremacist,the white ones,,wife molesters and adultrers,political propagandists and most of all,money grabbers,check out the recent scandal of the dubious president of a christian university in one the states, oral roberts university,richard roberts and wife linsay roberts.Who are you telling,there is no weed in the farm?Religion is mainly driven by two things,ignorance and quest to manipulate,the propagator is the manipulator,while the blind adherents are the ignoramus.
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 08, 2007
this thread is good, bad and the ugly. thanks 2 mr. pataki 4 defendin the xtaindom. but wat about the comedians that emanate from the church? all their comedies is usually based on the funny things happening in the church. can mr. pataki say they blastphemious? or dull heads. in everything we must catch our fun. even pastors enjoy themselves when the listen to such religious jokes. What i believe is that everyone has different approach to views as we are of different temperament. Mr. pataki might be a fanatic muslim turned xtain. 4 me God is in my heart and is external.

thanks

grin i wud say Cherubim & Seraphim and CCC are Community Banks due to their crude way of doing things i.e. walking on their feet, customized Uniforms etc.
Baptist and anglican are Union,
Catholic: First Bank,
Sekunderin, Oketude, Million babes, synagogue and many alike are all WONDER BANKS! (DIVINE FORTUNE NETWORK).
CCC can also be Wonder banks.
RCCG is UBA due to their numerous branches nationwide
WINNERS, JEHOVAH WITNESS, CHURCH OF LATTER DAYS SAINTS are GTB due to their few branches and architectural endowments,

, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If Nigerian Churches Were Banks by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 08, 2007
Tosin wole:

this thread is good, bad and the ugly.

It's BAD. Period cool

Tosin wole:

But what about the comedians that emanate from the church? all their comedies is usually based on the funny things happening in the church.

the fact that the comedians do it, doesn't make it RIGHT! It's wrong, there're some costly jokes we shouldn't get involved in! Read this:

". . . .Let it not be named among you as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting which are not convenient: but rather giving thanks." Ephesians 5:3, 4

It simply implies that there are some jokes and jesting which are not convenient!

Tosin wole:

Mr. pataki might be a fanatic muslim turned xtain.

You don't need to be a muslim-fanatic-turned-Christian to reproof such??  Let's not grieve the Holy Spirit!

Thank You

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion / The God Delusion / Do You Know The Lyrics To This Praise Song Pls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.