Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Compatibilty Issues On Windows Vista - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Compatibilty Issues On Windows Vista (730 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance / Hp Deskjet D2360 Driver For Windows Vista (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Compatibilty Issues On Windows Vista by kunz: 9:17pm On Sep 25, 2007
I just bought a new laptop with windows vista pre-installed,now i need to uninstall it cos its having some compatibilty issues with some of the softwares i tried to install on it.Pls i need u all to explain how i can uninstall windows vista.Thanks
Re: Compatibilty Issues On Windows Vista by oybv101: 7:47am On Sep 26, 2007
you're better off partitioning the hard drive and installing xp on a second partition. you can then dual boot.before you do that, though, you're probably beter off downloading Vista SP1, and all other updates. the issues may have been adressed.

also, you can try running the programs in 'windows xp sp2 compatibility mode' .that works for everything outside graphics apps.
Re: Compatibilty Issues On Windows Vista by mikkyphp(m): 2:30pm On Oct 02, 2007
oyb v1.01:

you're better off partitioning the hard drive and installing xp on a second partition. you can then dual boot.before you do that, though, you're probably beter off downloading Vista SP1, and all other updates. the issues may have been adressed.

also, you can try running the programs in 'windows xp sp2 compatibility mode' .that works for everything outside graphics apps.

If you install windows xp in another partition, the vista partition ceases to boot! you're better of formattin your harddrive and installing xp first, then vista if you must dualboot.

to un-install(well formatting is the only option), insert your xp cd and delete the partition then do a clean install. visit you laptop manufacturer's service website to download your xp compatible drivers(as long as it is not a Zinox laptop grin), you'll be good to go with your softwares!
Re: Compatibilty Issues On Windows Vista by oybv101: 3:41pm On Oct 02, 2007
http://apcmag.com/5023/dual_booting_xp_with_vista
http://apcmag.com/5485/dualbooting_vista_and_xp
http://www.windowstalk.org/dual_boot_vista.htm

you can dual boot .all you need to do is search the net for info.
let me also warn you- if the laptop was designed for vista, you may not be able to get drivers for some of its perpherals. a colleague recently bought a compaq with vista home basic. he was able to configure it to dual boot xp. however, no drivers for his usb ports. on the manufacturers site this was made clear.

another option i picked from one of the sites- you can opt to install MS virtual PC(freeware)and install xp on it.
Re: Compatibilty Issues On Windows Vista by Tini(m): 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2007
yea,u hav vista installed already right.all u need do is partition ur hard disk using the partition build in vista.then install xp on that partition.after that,u will only see the xp whe booting.but dont worry.recover your vista by repairing.And finally,download a software called Easybcd.Install it on the vista.This will help u show vista and xp on the boot screen.done.that is wat i use,and i hav vista,xp and ubuntu linux on my system.
Re: Compatibilty Issues On Windows Vista by topeteadr(m): 12:54am On Oct 04, 2007
Hey guy the only help i can tell you now is that any computer that comes with windows vista just format it and load windows xp on it coz that vista thing suck's.

(1) (Reply)

Guys You Are Reliable, Help For Free Box For Mails Without Charges. / The Chance Of A Lifetime For All Nairalanders! / A Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.