Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,768 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? (23421 Views)

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by aribisala0(m): 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2011
anyway my suggetion is this instead of Eze Ndi Igbo let us vote for Paramount Ruler of Nairaland
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by eghost247(m): 4:35pm On Dec 04, 2011
E.Biafra lol
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 04, 2011
aribisala0:

anyway my suggetion is this instead of Eze Ndi Igbo let us vote for Paramount Ruler of Nairaland

Seun is the paramount ruler of Nairaland, isn't he?
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 4:46pm On Dec 04, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

@Post

Me nko?
I have more balls than those cats on your list tongue

From henceforth, I am the eze of all you morafurckers. Plz bow, dobale, etc grin

Jk.

Of course, you have two big balls (well that is if they are indeed big and ball-like) up there. But that is not the type of balls we are looking for. And btw, before you turned up we were not talking about balls. grin grin grin grin
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by White007(m): 4:59pm On Dec 04, 2011
^^^ Lmao!!!
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by lailaiwala: 5:02pm On Dec 04, 2011

that is seun osewa. !barf! is that even a yoruba name? osewa. i can't pronounce it. sounds edo or thereabouts.

Chinenye is certainly one of the most sensible
sadly too many fall into the category of rabble. i.e those that do not know and believe they know all

chinenye removed himself.  i'm not sure he is Igbo, to be fair.  he might be from one of the minority eastern groups.  probably from the same place as osewa.   undecided tongue

PointB:

We have the nominations below.

Ezeuche - 6
Onlytruth - 4
Highchief - 3
Eziachi - 3
Dede1 - 3
Asha80 - 3
Andre Uweh   - 3
Ifyalways - 1
Obiagu - 1
Chino1 - 1
Ak47Man - 1

The following disqualifications are also noted.

ChinenyeN    - Refused the nomination
Nd kings       - relatively new
Ahj_harem    - Not an Igbo faithful, his nominations are discounted*
Ndu_chuck    - Not an Igbo faithful*
Aigbofa         -  Not a Igbo, his nominations are discounted*
Pointb           - Electoral Commissioner
Chyz            - Nomination by Alh Harem was discounted

commissioner pointb!

a point of parliamentary priviledge, please. i move that we adhere to oga chineye's request and nullify his nomination, and replace him with oga chyzzie who deserves to be on the roster despite being nominated by the chameleonic aljharem.  cheesy

i also move that since master ezeuche, although well-meaning, is still a babe in the woods who probably still plays with teddy bears, that we nullify his nomination using ojoro stipulating that only members who appear to be over the age of 30 be eligible for this honour. children cannot be chiefs of any group in this village!  angry

i think my 15% igbo lineage permits me to submit these motions.

grin
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by odumchi: 5:08pm On Dec 04, 2011
Why should non-Igbos be allowed to nominate? Dont get me the wrong way. It's not an ethnic thing but imagine Ghanaians voting for the president of Nigeria. . .

Anyway, I nominate, Ezeagu , Andre Uweh and Ifyalways (Ezenwanyi Ndiigbo Nairaland)  grin.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by Relax101(m): 5:10pm On Dec 04, 2011
For those Igbo people who say Igbo dont crown women as EZEs(King), I hope you all will read Nwando Achebe's research of a Woman who was king in Igboland during the colonial era.

It's for sale on Amazon.

Here's the book,
The Female King of Colonial Nigeria: Ahebi Ugbabe

By Nwando Achebe

This is Enugu in the Nsukka area, so it was in old Nsukka division. She's actually from a town called Umuida. I conducted at the least 150 interviews with people in her community. I met with her descendants. She didn't have any biological children of her own. One of the fascinating things is she was not a queen, she was a king, because in Igboland gender is - actually in much of Africa - gender is fluid and flexible so that you can be born biologically female but become a man and that's what happened with her. She was made king by the Atta of Igalaland.

I visited the son of the Atta that made her king and I asked, in Umuida they are saying she became king, how does a woman become king? I just wanted to make sure, and they said: yes. He said his aunt who was the king's sister said: yes, in fact my brother made her king. And I asked: why do you make a woman king? And if you go back in Igala history, their very first Atta, the king of Igalaland was a woman, a female king. They've never had another female king so they had a precedent for making a woman king and they made her king.

So I talk about transformation, gender transformation; even though she's born biologically female she's become a man in several categories of manhood. The first category was when she became a Head Man which was under the British system, then she moved to become a warrant chief which was defined as male; then she moved to become a king which is also male. It was her fourth gender transformation that did her in; when she decided she wanted to become a masked spirit.

Read more here

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5739331-146/story.csp

http://www.iupress.indiana.edu/product_info.php?products_id=406796
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by lailaiwala: 5:12pm On Dec 04, 2011
odumchi:

Why should non-Igbos be allowed to nominate? Dont get me the wrong way. It's not an ethnic thing but imagine Ghanaians voting for the president of Nigeria. . .

Anyway, I nominate, Ezeagu , Andre Uweh and Ifyalways (Ezenwanyi Ndiigbo Nairaland)  grin.

angry
i am 15% igbo and am married to obiagu, who is 125% igbo!  grin
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by OneNaira6: 5:14pm On Dec 04, 2011
I nominate Ifyalways, Odumchi, Andre Uweh, Crayola (though she's not Igbo but she is an Igbo descendant I think ), Ak47mann and EzeUche
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by lailaiwala: 5:19pm On Dec 04, 2011
Relax101:

So I talk about transformation, gender transformation; even though she's born biologically female she's become a man in several categories of manhood. The first category was when she became a Head Man which was under the British system, then she moved to become a warrant chief which was defined as male; then she moved to become a king which is also male. It was her fourth gender transformation that did her in; when she decided she wanted to become a masked spirit.

warrant chief? whathehell kinda cockamamie african title is that?! sounds like she worked for the colonialists.  angry

stop with the women nominations. all you non-igbos!  grin
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 5:29pm On Dec 04, 2011
The people deserves the kind of leader they get. Reflect deeply on your nominations, because the count and will be counted if you are qualified. At all.

lailaiwala:

that is seun osewa. !barf! is that even a yoruba name? osewa. i can't pronounce it. sounds edo or thereabouts.

chinenye removed himself.  i'm not sure he is Igbo, to be fair.  he might be from one of the minority eastern groups.  probably from the same place as osewa.   undecided tongue

commissioner pointb!

a point of parliamentary priviledge, please. i move that we adhere to oga chineye's request and nullify his nomination, and replace him with oga chyzzie who deserves to be on the roster despite being nominated by the chameleonic aljharem.  cheesy

i also move that since master ezeuche, although well-meaning, is still a babe in the woods who probably still plays with teddy bears, that we nullify his nomination using ojoro stipulating that only members who appear to be over the age of 30 be eligible for this honour. children cannot be chiefs of any group in this village!  angry

i think my 15% igbo lineage permits me to submit these motions.

grin

ChinenyeN's nomination has been nullified as per his request. You have a case there concerning Chyz, but I am not very sure if your 15% Igbo lineage qualifies you to nominate him. At any rate, subject to no contrary opinion, the nomination of Chyz stands.

As for EzeUche, he is currently topping the chart of nominees, which means alot of Igbos in Nairaland approve of him and his method. Your motion to nullify his nomination is therefore overruled smiley smiley. Your suggestion that the honorable Electoral Commissioner toe the dishonorable path of 'ojoro' is greatly frowned  upon angry angry angry angry  You should therefore desist from making such suggestion in future.  grin grin grin

@ others, nominations are noted.

The nominee list will be updated later.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by Ngodigha1(m): 5:37pm On Dec 04, 2011
I nominate Abagworo, Udezue and Igbo-boy.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by aribisala0(m): 5:39pm On Dec 04, 2011
your alteregos
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 5:42pm On Dec 04, 2011
FURTHER ELECTION GUIDELINE PLEASE NOTE:

ONLY TOP FIVE NOMINEES WILL BE POLLED:
NOMINATION ENDS MIDNIGHT (GMT 0) MONDAY 5TH.

Anyone with brief profile of the  nominees can post it. They are most welcome.

DEALING WITH A TIE

Where there is a tie for the fifth spot, the electoral officer will give a window of opportunity for a tie breaker. To break the tie, the first nominatee (subject to the three rules) at the opening of the window wins the nomination.

CAMPAIGN AND SENSITIZATION OF VOTERS is allowed, and hereby declared open.

List of nominees will be available on Tuesday (Citeris Paribus),

Polling will commence on Wednesday, and end by friday

(This rules are not cast in stone, suggestions are welcome. Modifications will be done as exigencies require.)
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 04, 2011
^^^^^
This is wuruwuru. I will get a court injunction on Monday morning. This injustice must not stand.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 5:49pm On Dec 04, 2011
Aigbofa:

^^^^^
This is wuruwuru. I will get a court injunction on Monday morning. This injustice must not stand.

Which part? grin grin grin
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by ndigbo: 6:21pm On Dec 04, 2011
i want to stand behind Ezeuche!
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by Afam4eva(m): 6:34pm On Dec 04, 2011
This Eze ndigbo go make sense.

1 Like

Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by NRIPRIEST(m): 6:35pm On Dec 04, 2011
@POINTB,EZEUCHE,should be disqualified. Reason; There a comment he made about the Aro involvement in the "SLAVE TRADE" which was very arrogant and demeaning. He foolishly boasted that the Aros where superior because they conquered a lot of Igbo towns and took people captive and sold them into "SLAVERY". He was asked to apologise for it but he refused and stated it makes him proud!! That guy doesnt have the DECORUM of a noble man!!  I will not regonize him if you guys go ahead and crown that fool!!
He is not remorseful about uninteligent and atrocities of his weak foolish forefathers who sold their fellow neighbors into SLAVERY and brag about it!!
Ezeuche,must me DISQUALIFIED now!!
If you crown that fool I will not cease to make mockery of you guys and constantly disrespect and insult him.

Andre Uweh and Onlytruth are our target.

Like I said earlier,the only reason why IFYALWAYS name should be there is only if you are forming an organization where you need a "chaiman" or "chairperson". I am of NRI lineage and our tradition reads against crowning women kings!!!
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 6:38pm On Dec 04, 2011
odumchi:

Nominations all pass through the filtering below:

1. Well known ethnic champion of rival ethnic groups nominations will be discounted.
2. Freshly registered posters nomination will have to be seconded by a old poster without bias to rule 1 above.
3. Posters whose ethicity/loyalty have been challenged  severally by well known Igbo posters will have their nomination/seconding discounted.

Any nomination that does not pass the guideline is discounted. Some nominations have been disqualified and discounted already. Thanks for the observation.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 6:39pm On Dec 04, 2011
afam4eva:

This Eze ndigbo go make sense.

That's the idea. wink
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by aloyemeka1: 6:43pm On Dec 04, 2011
Relax101:

For those Igbo people who say Igbo dont crown women as EZEs(King), I hope you all will read Nwando Achebe's research of a Woman who was king in Igboland during the colonial era.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-816535.0.html
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by NRIPRIEST(m): 6:48pm On Dec 04, 2011
We want somebody with a good temperament and quality!!
We dont need that guy. He curse a lot and loses his temper very often and he is not humble. Ezeuche isnt our man.

Onlytruth and Andre Uweh!!!
There is no way we can possibly crown a woman a king!! If you try it then our unity here will be in jeopardy.

1 Like

Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by buzor(m): 6:50pm On Dec 04, 2011
if allegation against ezeuche is found to be true, i hereby withdraw my support for him.
pls while making allegtion against any candidate, endeavor to post link to support your observations. i vote for dede1 and ak47man
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 6:51pm On Dec 04, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

@POINTB,EZEUCHE,should be disqualified. Reason; There a comment he made about the Aro involvement in the "SLAVE TRADE" which was very arrogant and demeaning. He foolishly boasted that the Aros where superior because they conquered a lot of Igbo towns and took people captive and sold them into "SLAVERY". He was asked to apologise for it but he refused and stated it makes him proud!! That guy doesnt have the DECORUM of a noble man!!  I will not regonize him if you guys go ahead and crown that fool!!
He is not remorseful about uninteligent and atrocities of his weak foolish forefathers who sold their fellow neighbors into SLAVERY and brag about it!!
If you crown that fool I will not cease to make mockery of you guys and constantly disrespect and insult him.

Like I said earlier,the only reason why IFYALWAYS name should be there is only if you are forming an organization where you need a "chaiman" or "chairperson". I am of NRI lineage and our tradition reads against crowning women kings!!!

hmmmmn,
That is very weighty allegation.
How ever, he is has been nominated by many Igbo posters, who are may or may be aware of those comments. Nullifying him on that basis may create disaffection, and affect the unity we are trying to promote.

However, the only way I can disqualify him, or any one for that matter is if those who nominated him withdraw their nomination in the light of the above information. Otherwise, his nomination I cannot annul. My hands are tied.

On the other hand, the voter will still decide who win the crown.

Promoting the positive side of your candidates might also help them to win more nominations and perhaps the vote.

I will also advice you to desist from making threats, and channel your energy at promoting your candidate(s), as you risk been befallen by the same hubris you allege of EzeUche.

As per IfyAlways, my position has not changed. If she get enough nominations to be polled, it mean Ndi Igbo Nairaland want to have a female Eze. Do not lose sight of the fact that Igbo are far and wide, and are not limited to Nri lineage. We already have info on female Ezes which you may want to read.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by ndigbo: 7:00pm On Dec 04, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

@POINTB,EZEUCHE,(should be disqualified. Reason; There a comment he made about the Aro involvement in the "SLAVE TRADE" which was very arrogant and demeaning. He foolishly boasted that the Aros where superior because they conquered a lot of Igbo towns and took people captive and sold them into "SLAVERY". He was asked to apologise for it but he refused and stated it makes him proud!! That guy doesnt have the DECORUM of a noble man!!  I will not regonize him if you guys go ahead and crown that fool!!

[b][/b]
@ EzeUche i will urge you to publicly apologise to us all for being proud of the ARO's putting thier fellow humans thru Slave Trade for whatever reason might have had! You really have to show that you are equal and above tasks that would be accrued to you or whom ever finally get the title of Eze Ndigbo Nairaland.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by kasiem(m): 7:00pm On Dec 04, 2011
Ezeuche doesn't know how to use harsh words on the enemies of igbos, he's not gotten enough cultural orientation, and he does not revoke or show remorse for any bad statement. But, onlytrth and andre uweh are two guys that know the igbo cultures very well. Onlytruth can't end a statement without an igbo adage. Ezeuche is good for the position of 'akaeze', meaning secretary of the king.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 7:17pm On Dec 04, 2011
The following people nominated EzeUche,

Jay bee
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=132457

tpia@
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=359382

Imanuelle
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=430854

slap1
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=339427

White007
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=656057

NRI PRIEST
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=737440

ndigbo
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=128657

EzeUche nomination will be nullified, if they withdraw the nomination, of if their nomination is disqualified based on the 3 rules. But it appears they meet with the requirement of the 3 rules. So their nominations stands.

1. Well known ethnic champion of rival ethnic groups nominations will be discounted.
2. Freshly registered posters nomination will have to be seconded by a old poster without bias to rule 1 above.
3. Posters whose ethicity/loyalty have been challenged severally by well known Igbo posters will have their nomination/seconding discounted.

@NRI Priest, does your nomination stand or . . . ?
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by xtianh(m): 7:26pm On Dec 04, 2011
I had nominated Onlytruth for the politics section poster of the year nd nw am also nominating him for the Eze ndi Igbo of Nl.postion
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by lailaiwala: 7:27pm On Dec 04, 2011
Aigbofa:

^^^^^

grin grin grin

NRI PRIEST:

NRI PRIEST:

We want somebody with a good temperament and quality!!
We dont need that guy. He curse a lot and loses his temper very often and he is not humble. Ezeuche isnt our man.

regrettably the allegation of bragging and taunting by ezeuche of an igbo brother with the achievement of aro capturing his people for slavery, is very true. i read the post with my own eyes when he originally made it, and was surprised.    

it seemed he allowed his anger to get the best of him. i reiterate that ezeuche, while well-meaning, simply lacks the maturity for such a gigantic task.

i second the motion to disqualify ezeuche.  cry cry cry

i am sure he will continue to serve the igbo nation without bitterness.  he will learn from this.  ezeuche lives to run again another day.  grin

buzor:

i vote for dede1 and ak47man

we're still NOMINATING! are you sure you're igbo, and not from somewhere like. . . i dunno. . . EKITI?

fun thread. cheesy
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by ChinenyeN(m): 7:29pm On Dec 04, 2011
This topic is turning out to be one of the most interesting topics I've seen on NL, in a long time.

I move that the allegations brought against EzeUche be dropped on the basis that comments and statements are not made within a vacuum. So, in all fairness, to take into consideration this one-time allegation, without proper understanding of the context which surround it is not only improper, but disingenuous; a smear tactic. EzeUche also need not tender an apology, unless it has now become a crime for him to be a proud Aro son.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Buhari Receives GLO CAF Platinum Award For Good Leadership / Attack On EFCC: Why They Want EFCC Investigator Dead / Minimum Wage: FG Secures Court Order To Stop Labour Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.