Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,981 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? (23425 Views)

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by tpia5: 11:43pm On Dec 02, 2011
Since ezeuche already has eze in his name why not just put him there.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 11:54pm On Dec 02, 2011
Lol @ tipia
So does ezeagu and others ezes. Lets not encourage candidate imposition like some political parties that we know. Lol.

in any case they will have their day at the poll.

@ Alj harem thanks for removing yourself. As for ndu_chuks because of his higher level of intelligence, he is a worse anti-igbo than you. You see why he does not qualify? If I mistakenly put his name in the poll, i trust you will register one thousand ids to vote for him. Just joking. cheesy

At least you know why both of you are disqualified. Thank.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by Relax101(m): 12:08am On Dec 03, 2011
EziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachiEziachi
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by Relax101(m): 12:10am On Dec 03, 2011
^^^^^^ He's a veteran,  and very sound!

Dede1 is good too but I wouldnt nominate him.

Side note. Seun Osewa too abi Musiwa accused him of been an Igbo man. lol
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 12:11am On Dec 03, 2011
^^^
Now that's a powerful statement of intent. cheesy
Noted. Thanks.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by JamesDoe: 6:14am On Dec 03, 2011
Intriguing, I have a few questions:

Shouldn't this be in the "Ethnic, Racial and Sectarian section"?

So if there is an Eze, does that mean only the Eze can post when "tribal wars" break out?

Also who will the Eze interface with?

Will demands be made that the Eze is installed as a moderator?

Will participants who "select" the Eze demand that the Eze be recognised by Nairaland admin?

How long is the term of the Eze? Can (s)he elongate tenure?

Does the Eze have to prove compliance with a fit and proper status?

Can Nairaland demand another Eze if it doesn't like the one chosen?

How do we know the Eze selection process is free and fair?

Given the anonymity of Nairaland, who is to prove that the Eze is ethnically compliant?
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 9:51am On Dec 03, 2011
^^^^
Good question.
The Eze would be selected based on whatever criteria the voters deem fit.

He is not expected to be infallible, he will have no real authority and nothing will be expected of the Nairaland admins. The Eze elected can add the title to his byline or status. Being an Eze will not stop him being a poster. Though it would be much better if he does not get involved in tribal war, but in the end we are not looking for perfect man. The title is purely symbolic.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 9:56am On Dec 03, 2011
furthermore
I am hoping for suggestion on tenure of office, and others thing. I don't have all the answers.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by jmaine: 10:03am On Dec 03, 2011
So after electing the Eze Ndigbo of nairaland . . .when are we going to get the Eze Ndigbo of politics section . . .you know the knack of always differentiating downwards . . . Na wao for una . . .
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by emmke(m): 10:12am On Dec 03, 2011
asha
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by JamesDoe: 10:20am On Dec 03, 2011
Point B, thanks for the reply.

I suspect the Eze will become a magnet for "attacks", even if (s)he remains "neutral".

NL "tribal wars" are like watching army ants fight - with each comment dissected for ethnic bias or sentiments. Good luck.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by Demdem(m): 10:34am On Dec 03, 2011
emmke:

asha

What, I never knew lady ezes exist. undecided
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 10:40am On Dec 03, 2011
U r welcome Jamesdoes
as for the eze being an object of attack, my response is that. He would have primarily being a poster before an eze. So he won't be new to the antics of Nairaland.

other posters are not in anyway oblige to come to his aids. The title is symbolic. It changes nothing

@Jamine
lol at your observation.
in any case, like I said it is a symbolic title. The eze can even be from any section of Nairaland. It is not limited to politics section.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by jmaine: 10:44am On Dec 03, 2011
PointB:

Jamine  angry . . Jmaine
lol at your observation.
in any case, like I said it is a symbolic title. The eze can even be from any section of Nairaland. It is not limited to politics section.

Okay  smiley
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 10:46am On Dec 03, 2011
Jmaine

My apologies. Happens a lot when the phone is the browsing tool.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by jmaine: 10:49am On Dec 03, 2011
PointB:

Jmaine

My apologies. Happens a lot when the phone is the browsing tool.

No shakings bros   wink . . .
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by emmke(m): 10:51am On Dec 03, 2011
Demdem:

What, I never knew lady ezes exist. undecided
is asha a lady? Used to see the letter "m" in front of his username.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 11:08am On Dec 03, 2011
Thanks emmke
if asha meets the nomination she would be polled. Beside it is difficult to ascertain the se.x of the posters. Putting m or f in front of your name gives a fair idea but knowing the cyberworld, it is not conclusive.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by tpia5: 4:26pm On Dec 03, 2011
Seun could also do the job i suppose.

The way yorubas get bashed on this forum shows the forum owner is probably an igbo man. At the very least, a non yoruba.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by alexleo(m): 6:20pm On Dec 03, 2011
tpia@:

Seun could also do the job i suppose.

The way yorubas get bashed on this forum shows the forum owner is probably an igbo man.  At the very least, a non yoruba.

Seun is doing his business well here and he is carrying out the whole thing by not taking sides with his people or any tribe. If he should take sides with his yoruba people then we the Igbos may quietly leave the forum thereby making the forum lose its national outlook. I believe his intention of creating this site is for it to have a national and wvwn international outlook. If he should Yorubalize it then he loses that goal. of course you know yorubas and Igbos are the biggest users of this forum. Losing any of these two tribes will badly affect this business.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by JamesDoe: 7:52pm On Dec 03, 2011
How do we know that Seun is not 10% of the tribalistic accounts on this site? Multiple accounts generate business. cheesy
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by tpia5: 7:53pm On Dec 03, 2011
alexleo:

Seun is doing his business well here and he is carrying out the whole thing by not taking sides with his people or any tribe. If he should take sides with his yoruba people then we the Igbos may quietly leave the forum thereby making the forum lose its national outlook. I believe his intention of creating this site is for it to have a national and wvwn international outlook. If he should Yorubalize it then he loses that goal. of course you know yorubas and Igbos are the biggest users of this forum. Losing any of these two tribes will badly affect this business.

^from the way you're blowing grammer and typing long epistles, one should assume you're ready to point out examples of sites where the owner is igbo and allows routine igbo bashing by the forum users.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by Kilode1: 8:15pm On Dec 03, 2011
What is the criteria again?

I think I can qualify. I'm 19% Ndigbo and I own 5 container ships embarassed

1 Like

Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 03, 2011
LOL. grin
Igbos love their titles grin
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by alexleo(m): 8:50pm On Dec 03, 2011
@tpia,
am just talking as a business man not because of any other site. There are certain things one avoids in order not to crash his business. Seun is being careful to maintain his major customers,
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 8:58pm On Dec 03, 2011
@Kilode
to ascertain your 19% Igbo and 5 container chaims, can you send me blood and tissues sample for DNA analysis and certified copy of your shipping documents.

lol
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by kasiem(m): 11:00pm On Dec 03, 2011
Onlytruth. After this, igbo warriors should be appointed for the purpose of tribal wars
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by IYANGBALI: 11:21pm On Dec 03, 2011
NIBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for where if na joke make una stop am eze ndigbo ko eze wuruwuru ni tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by Ngodigha1(m): 11:23pm On Dec 03, 2011
IYA NGBALI:

NIBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for where if na joke make una stop am eze ndigbo ko eze wuruwuru ni tongue tongue tongue tongue
Shameless pig, must you contribute.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:10am On Dec 04, 2011
Some of you should stop this 'Igbo enwe eze' nonsense. It's really annoying.

How can a people with the oldest kingdom in Southern Nigeria be without kings?
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by ChinenyeN(m): 2:54am On Dec 04, 2011
mbatuku2:

Some of you should stop this 'Igbo enwe eze' nonsense. It's really annoying.
How can a people with the oldest kingdom in Southern Nigeria be without kings?
undecided undecided

[quote="lailaiwala"]obiagu
andre uweh, but he needs to stop fighting with women and calling people castrated monkeys
dede1
onlytruth
chinyereweneye[/quote]

Is the bolded supposed to be me? If it is, I move to de-nominate myself, effective now.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by Kizilala: 3:01am On Dec 04, 2011
Ngodigha1:

Shameless pig, must you contribute.

Don't mind the jobless pig.Always seeking relevance.Stupid skunk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Military Release Statement Over Clash With Boko Haram Members In Maiduguri / Fashola Inspects Ijora-Olopa Lagos Repair Project (Photos) / Yobe Residents Climb Trees To See President Buhari During His Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.