Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,673 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Senate Panel Exposes Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Panel Exposes Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries (4028 Views)

Presidency Submitted Fake 2016 Budget – Senate Panel. / Amaechi Splits Senate Panel / Remi Tinubu Faces Senate Panel Over Comments Made In An Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Panel Exposes Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by Chyz2: 11:38pm On Dec 03, 2011
From now on, and since its been proven time after time , no SW person should open their mouth and say Igbos are more corrupt than them or love money more than them. Kudos to GEJ.
Re: Senate Panel Exposes Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by aljharem3: 11:40pm On Dec 03, 2011
Chyz*:

From now on, and since its been proven time after time , no SW person should open their mouth and say Igbos are more corrupt than them or love money more than them. Kudos to GEJ.

when did they ever say Igbos were more corrupt than them ?

Yes Igbo love money more than any other group and is part of Igbo man characteristics, or is this a bad thing ?
Re: Senate Panel Exposes Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by HighChief4(m): 11:42pm On Dec 03, 2011
alj_harem:

Proud Igbo, biko

And with everything, you think, I mean you actually think that the same corruption problem facing Nigeria would not face YOUR new country ?

Would people like Orji and co not follow into this new country ?
lol, really people need to think deeper

The strict laws will not be lenient with them. Nothing compares to how your people have r[i]a[/i]ped that country
Re: Senate Panel Exposes Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by aljharem3: 11:44pm On Dec 03, 2011
High_Chief:

The strict laws will not be lenient with them. Nothing compares to how your people have r[i]a[/i]ped that country

Strict laws, LOL grin grin grin grin grin dude no kill pesin for here

what strict laws would that be ?

is the same "strict laws" not applied in Nigeria today ?

and if not, maybe you can tell us about the strict laws that would stop corruption.
Re: Senate Panel Exposes Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:51pm On Dec 03, 2011
sheyguy:

Mr. Ndigbo apologist dont be too quick to start a tribal war here, the igbos have their share in this list too. Plus dont forget things like "the estimated N118B loss to importation of fake energy-sajving electrical bulbs alone", we still have fake drugs, electrical appliances among others while patonising slave labour factories in Asia. [size=14pt]
Don't let us start that thread within this thread pls!!![/size]

^^^ Make that Mr PROUD Ndigbo apologist, fool!!! Never heard of the story you recount in your post above, but if true trust me i'll be the first to call for their heads. That's the difference between you and i: where there's any criminal behaviour going on, i'd call for the prosecution of the scum involved, not minding if they're from my ethnic group or not; whereas a complete dolt like you would rather bury your head in the sand and pretend nothing happened if the suspects happen to be from your ethnic stock. You disgust me to no end, and you can start any "thread within this thread" if that's what gives you a hard-on.

Scum!!!
Re: Senate Panel Exposes Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by aljharem3: 11:53pm On Dec 03, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^ Make that Mr PROUD Ndigbo apologist fool!!! Never heard of the story you recount in your post above, but if true trust me i'll be the first to call for their heads. That's the difference between you and i: where there's any criminal behaviour going on, i'd call for the prosecution of the scum involved, not minding if they're from my ethnic group or not; whereas a complete dolt like you would rather bury your head in the sand and pretend nothing happened if the suspects happen to be from your ethnic stock. You disgust me to no end, and you can start any "thread within this thread" if that's what gives you a hard-on.

Scum!!!

Proud Igbo you have not answered my question. How would your new country eradicate corruption ?

any law this is not practice in Nigeri today

I mean visible law not funny laws like we would kill them because you would not.
Re: Senate Panel Exposes Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by jason123: 11:55pm On Dec 03, 2011
Some people must have been short-changed when common sense was being handed to humanity. How can someone equate the removal of subsidy to a whole ethnic corruption?? Did they steal or buy the oil blocks?? Are they the one begging the government not to remove the subsidy or is it the people (masses)?? Whether subsidy is removed or not, these people will not be affected, FACT! It is us, the masses that will feel the pinch!
Subsidy should NOT be removed until our refineries are built! Oh Nigerians, do not be deceived by some foolish names!
Re: Senate Panel Exposes Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by aljharem3: 11:58pm On Dec 03, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^

+10 very good cool
Re: Senate Panel Exposes Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:05am On Dec 04, 2011
alj_harem:

Proud Igbo you have not answered my question. How would your new country eradicate corruption ?

any law this is not practice in Nigeri today

I mean visible law not funny laws like we would kill them because you would not.

^^^ You don't get it do you ? Any problems we face as a people, the genesis can be traced to our being part of this fake collection of ethnicities that passes for a nation (NATION shocked? Abeg, gimme a break!!!). Our values as a people have been eroded by being part of a system that doesn't reward hard work/merit on the one hand, and doesn't punish criminal behaviour on the other.

You ask how my new nation would eradicate corruption? Simple really: by the time one or two thieving muthafuckers are made an example of, everyone else will fall in line. Merit and hardwork will be elevated, hence citizens will know that you can be successful in your own right, and that you don't have to work in/or know someone in government b/4 you can put food on your table.

Corruption can be eradicted by simply having the will to obey and implement laws; laws drafted by "we the people", and not those drafted by some conniving shifty characters that haven't got a clue what hardwork and honesty is even if it came up and slapped them in their lazy-a*ss faces.
Re: Senate Panel Exposes Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by HighChief4(m): 12:18am On Dec 04, 2011
^^^Why are you wasting your precious time writing thesis to educate that almajiri
Re: Senate Panel Exposes Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:21am On Dec 04, 2011
Part of our problem is that these thieving elite are so crafty that they know when and how to play the ethnic card when they're about to be held to account for their actions. I can tell you for nothing now that there are some untouchables in this country that can NEVER be held accountable for any past misdeeds, b'cos they believe na dem get the country and if you try any 'funny business' they'll make the country burn. These untouchables are mainly of Hausa/Fulani stock, with one or two from other ethnicities. I can't think of any Igbo untouchables can you? Abiola (of blessed memory) must have thought he was an untouchable, but they soon showed him.

This country cannot make any progress the way it's presently constituted, and to think otherwise is to prolong our suffering and postpone the D-day.
Re: Senate Panel Exposes Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by aljharem3: 12:30am On Dec 04, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^ You don't get it do you ? Any problems we face as a people, the genesis can be traced to our being part of this fake collection of ethnicities that passes for a nation (NATION shocked? Abeg, gimme a break!!!). Our values as a people have been eroded by being part of a system that doesn't reward hard work/merit on the one hand, and doesn't punish criminal behaviour on the other.

You ask how my new nation would eradicate corruption? Simple really: b[b]y the time one or two thieving muthafuckers are made an example of, everyone else will fall in line.[/b] Merit and hardwork will be elevated, hence citizens will know that you can be successful in your own right, and that you don't have to work in/or know someone in government b/4 you can put food on your table.

Corruption can be eradicted by simply having the will to obey and implement laws; laws drafted by "we the people", and not those drafted by some conniving shifty characters that haven't got a clue what hardwork and honesty is even if it came up and slapped them in their lazy-a*ss faces.

I knew it. but why can't that be implemented in Nigeria ?

don't you think if that was not implemented in Nigeria, you think it would be implemented in Your new country ?

Is it not the same set of people and mind set that would be taken to your country ?

I mean do you see what I mean smiley
Re: Senate Panel Exposes Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:42am On Dec 04, 2011
alj_harem:

I knew it. but why can't that be implemented in Nigeria ?

don't you think if that was not implemented in Nigeria, you think it would be implemented in Your new country ?

Is it not the same set of people and mind set that would be taken to your country ?

I mean do you see what I mean smiley

^^^ NO!!!
Re: Senate Panel Exposes Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by aljharem3: 12:45am On Dec 04, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^ NO!!!

Ok

If the system cannot work in Nigeria, what makes you think the system would work in your country ?

Is it not the same set of people from Nigeria that would be in your country with the same mind set ?
Re: Senate Panel Exposes Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by sheyguy: 12:58am On Dec 04, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^ Make that Mr PROUD Ndigbo apologist, fool!!! Never heard of the story you recount in your post above, but if true trust me i'll be the first to call for their heads. That's the difference between you and i: where there's any criminal behaviour going on, i'd call for the prosecution of the scum involved, not minding if they're from my ethnic group or not; whereas a complete dolt like you would rather bury your head in the sand and pretend nothing happened if the suspects happen to be from your ethnic stock. You disgust me to no end, and you can start any "thread within this thread" if that's what gives you a hard-on.

Scum!!!

as for the N188b bulb stuff it is real i 1st got it here on NL & i confirmed it, i will give it to you in another thread another day (i cant us link function properly on ma phone now).

Going back to the topic at hand, i did a rough estimate of the total payment published in this article and it was less than N1.3 trillion, what happened to the rest payments made and the company names?
If u follow the link i pasted here earlier (TheNation Newspaper version), it says the senate panel refused to name some other companies that were registered as construction companies and they did not meet requirement for oil marketing companies. That means they have identified some offenders and av refused to name them, even when pressed by journalists/pressmen.

The question u shld be asking r those i have highlighted above, and not that silly ethnic-bashing thing u r doing, that's too early for now.

Grow up and see beyond yoruba-ibo blame game, it can be childish at times. We r talking Nigeria and reality here not assumptions and fiction.
Grow up PROUD-IGBO!!!
Re: Senate Panel Exposes Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by 1025: 10:04am On Dec 04, 2011
no matter whose names we see on papers, we are saying no to removal of fuel subsidy. if you know anyone who is illegally benefiting from anything, charge him to court and jail him if possible to life imprisonment.
we are not ready to buy fuel at N140. pdp are criminals and they are always out to deceive the unsuspecting masses.
the removal of fuel subsidy will mark the end of the road for these criminal gang called pdp.
God will destroy their alongside the families.
i am happy we know all of them and their families so our targets are known.
we will kill them all.
Re: Senate Panel Exposes Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by musiwa43: 2:43am On Dec 07, 2011
it is a shame

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okay / Are The Days Of VP Yemi Osinbajo Numbered? / African S€x Story:-how I Lost My Virginity (complete Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.