Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,556 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries (14567 Views)

Names Of Beneficiaries Of CBN Illegal Recrutiment+photos - Sahara Reporters / Breaking News:fg May Release Names Tomorow! / Kano State Governor Release Names Of Victims Of Motor Park Bombing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by Chiori(m): 3:51pm On Dec 03, 2011
Then lets get Jama'atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda'awati wal-Jihad, Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, and Oodua People's Congress (Militant Faction) to collaborate and carry out a revolution for us. After they have fought out the old order, I will then take over and lead the nation towards progress. I am the only one that has what it takes to deliver this country.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by adozie(m): 4:14pm On Dec 03, 2011
There is nothing funny about the criminality. These guys steal our national wealth, then turn around to use the money to intimidate us. At a time when Nigerian families are dying in poverty, when Nigerians pay their hard earned money to travel to India for good healthcare, when our road, water, schools and other social support system has broken down, these bastards are sharing our money like we are nobody. What a shame to us all-the oppressed masses.

I say this and I will say it again: our salvation will never come from these criminals, unless we demand it. Look at what is happening in North Africa and the Middle East. This is the same thing that happened in the United States and other Western countries decades ago. Now they are reaping the fruits of their fathers. Unless we stand up and collectively say "Enough is Enough", these criminals will continue to plunder us. They are happy when we fight amongst ourselves, because they have benefited from the mutual suspicion and ethnic divide amongst us. We are all asking for the same thing: a better life and respect for our personal dignity and way of life.

Until we go to the streets and say "Enough is Enough", this will continue. Freedom does not come free; they know this, how come we don’t?

Unite Nigerians and ask for a better life!!!!
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by VULCAN(m): 4:20pm On Dec 03, 2011
BigUps to youngmonie!
Its refrershing to come across somebody who can cut thru all the sentimental bull and use insight to understand whats going on! I have mentioned this same line of argument (offline)in respect to what happens when the subsidy is removed and was dumbfounded that peeps dont get it.

That the so called cartel will lose by the removal of subsidy is a half truth. Only the weakest members will lose out. All the big boys will benefit. Reason being that we will still be importing fuel and who do you think will get those contracts

What will happen now is that 10 or 11 of the biggest boys will get those contracts to import fuel with one major difference. They will no longer have to bribe the chaps in PPRA and PEF to collect the subsidy back. Now all they have to do is sell in the open market. At around N150 per litre. For those who wonder why the number will reduce isnt it obvious that when u actually have to sell your product and not sign fictitious figures with greedy government officials; then the real supply of fuel will reduce as if u calculate all the these 28 coys claim they are bringing in- it is more than enough for 200million people

This situation will persist for about three to four years while the same big boys are building their own refineries then the number will gradually reduce as their wont be much demand for imported fuel again. By the time if the masses have not revolted they will have accepted a form of economic slavery to the ruling classes.

I dont need to mention that armed robbery, kidnapping(especially kidnapping) will dramatically increase during this three year period. Kidnapping cos it is preferable to armed robbery by most criminally minded graduates as blood does not have to be spilt.

Guys its gonna be one heck of a ride! Put your helmets on.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by youngmonie: 4:32pm On Dec 03, 2011
VULCAN:

BigUps to youngmonie!
Its refrershing to come across somebody who can cut thru all the sentimental bull and use insight to understand whats going on! I have mentioned this same line of argument (offline)in respect to what happens when the subsidy is removed and was dumbfounded that peeps dont get it.

That the so called cartel will lose by the removal of subsidy is a half truth. Only the weakest members will lose out. All the big boys will benefit. Reason being that we will still be importing fuel and who do you think will get those contracts

What will happen now is that 10 or 11 of the biggest boys will get those contracts to import fuel with one major difference. They will no longer have to bribe the chaps in PPRA and PEF to collect the subsidy back. Now all they have to do is sell in the open market. At around N150 per litre. For those who wonder why the number will reduce isnt it obvious that when u actually have to sell your product and not sign fictitious figures with greedy government officials; then the real supply of fuel will reduce as if u calculate all the these 28 coys claim they are bringing in- it is more than enough for 200million people

This situation will persist for about three to four years while the same big boys are building their own refineries then the number will gradually reduce as their wont be much demand for imported fuel again. By the time if the masses have not revolted they will have accepted a form of economic slavery to the ruling classes.

I dont need to mention that armed robbery, kidnapping(especially kidnapping) will dramatically increase during this three year period. Kidnapping cos it is preferable to armed robbery by most criminally minded graduates as blood does not have to be spilt.

Guys its gonna be one heck of a ride! Put your helmets on.

Thank you ohh, you kno ur economics very well!!!!,
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by emmatok(m): 5:42pm On Dec 03, 2011
The GOVT is still to be blamed for Fuel Subsidy.

Because GOVT is pays those Marketers for the fuel subsidy.

If you remove Fuel Subsidy today, these Marketers will still make their profit.

ZENON sales her diesel at Market price, we all know the how much diesel cost.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by AroOkigbo(m): 5:50pm On Dec 03, 2011
Trans-Atlantic Life Support Medical
Tourism Company- my advice is for you to get enough medical personnel & referral hospitals overseas. With this subsidy palava, you've got enough patients next year.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by andyanders: 6:09pm On Dec 03, 2011
Let them name the owners of the companies and close the companies. Build refineries and refurbish the local refineries.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by Kolababa: 6:20pm On Dec 03, 2011
Dont insult yourself my brothers.
I can confirm it to everybody on this forum that majority of these companies have been funding PDP election one way or the other since 2003. The licence fivolously given to them to import fuel and start milking Nigeria is their own dividends of democracy. Instead of us to fight our common enemy which is PDP, people are busy throwing ethnic verbal wars on nairaland. Know that poverty cannot differentiate between an Ijaw poor man and an Ijebu farmer of Fulani begger. And if these looters want to share our national cake, they dont consider their ethnic background, what comes their mind is them and their family alone. For example, Obasanjo ruled for eight years, what benefit did he bring to the Yorubas? North has produced more president and head of state than any other region, yet they have the highest poverty and illiteracy level in Nigeria. GEJ rose to that position on account of Niger Delta sruggle, instead of him to fight for fiscal federalism or resource control that will benefit his southsouth people, he is busy running after policies that will make more money avalable for him and his cohorts from other regions including those southwest oil cabals to loot.
OMO NAIJA RONU E.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by coolted(m): 6:44pm On Dec 03, 2011
Effcc take action. Time for you to wake up.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by eros(m): 7:43pm On Dec 03, 2011
digi101:

Like has been said there's nothing clinically wrong with importers collecting subsidy on fuel brought in, the Fraud that is being perpetrated using the inefficiency of the system that set it up and the chop and quench attitude of our politicians is the real issue.

1. Is NNPC telling us that all refineries in the country are still producing and they cant quantify the amount being produced?
2. If in fact no 1 is true what assurances are there that all this so called mushroom importers are simply not selling to us NNPC locally refined products?
3. If all this so called marketers had been forced to commit 10-20% of sales to the building of a local refinery since 2006 i wonder if the list would actually have increased.

If GEJ is serious what we need is a "HARD SYSTEM RESET" he should be MAN enough to press the button and damn the consequences QED

This is exactly what should be done and I dare say that odechukwu intends to achieve this aim by removing fuel subsidy, but he doesn't want to make it so obvious to his godfathers. It makes me sick in the stomach to know that the solution to the problems Nigeria is facing is staring us in the face but nobody can do anything about because of what they stand to gain.

All of this madness will come to an end someday soon.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by kluv2(m): 7:46pm On Dec 03, 2011
i dont blame any of them be it major marketer or independent,it is the government that carries all the whole blame and they are the one giving room for the the gross corruption being witnessed here.imagine a country as big as this not able to refine it's crude oil,it's a great shame.when obasanjo led PDP government got elected in 1999,he awarded contract the TAM of refineries,up till today refineries are still not working.i keep asking myself whether it's that difficult to maintain refineries.dont be deceived,we the masses are pawn in their hands.all of them are culpable,NNPC,PPPRA,ministry of petroleum officials and presidency.though i would have supported this subsidy removal wholeheartedly,but the adverse effect it will have on we the masses will not allow me.let the government first fix all our refineries,when all of them are working at their optimum capacity,they can now remove all the subsidies.chikena.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by Concept(m): 9:08pm On Dec 03, 2011
Refineries maintainance? Go to Aba & ask guys that refining Oyel in a building, they will tell you how to maintain refinery. Many benefit under chaotic situation & that is exactly what is happening in what we called our dear country. I wonder why somalia dey lead us for most corrupt countries in the world. We never even show for first 10.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by anonimi: 9:26pm On Dec 03, 2011
Does anyone remember government's NITEL, its fixed telephones and 090 mobile phones? I am not sure it is still alive today.
Coincidentally David Mark was NITEL's supervising minister when he was a soldier and said that telephones are a luxury not meant for every Nigerian shocked
Ten years after liberalisation of GSM and withdrawal of government's annual subsidy to NITEL are we worse off or better off in terms of availability and affordabilty as well as improvement to economic and social life?
The same thing will happen to petroleum marketing as is the case with GSM. Government has no business engaging in/subsidising any commercial venture. It should limit itself to creating the enabling environment and regulating the operators.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by wealth123: 9:27pm On Dec 03, 2011
@sinachay
You are in the USA but reasoning like an illiterate. What has yoruba as a tribe got to do with oil subsidy? let us address issues without castigating or abusing one tribe or the other.

Please go and en-roll in an adult education class and get at least o level qualification before posting on NL
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by bandely(m): 9:42pm On Dec 03, 2011
occupy naija!!!
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by swezenberg(m): 10:11pm On Dec 03, 2011
wealth123:

@sinachay
You are in the USA but reasoning like an illiterate. What has yoruba as a tribe got to do with oil subsidy? let us address issues without castigating or abusing one tribe or the other.

Please go and en-roll in an adult education class and get at least o level qualification before posting on NL

The guy is just too dull. USA will never allow such people in their nation except he smuggled himself in illegally. I don't really think he's got the brain to pass o level. Let him just go and sell spare parts in Mali.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by chidexy(m): 10:32pm On Dec 03, 2011
Silly!Spending 1.4 trillion Naira this year alone to subsidize fuel importation. That's roughly 10 billion dollars. And we are told that it takes about 2-3 billion dollars to build a new refinery. That amount alone is enough to construct 3 new refineries and lay out extensive pipeline across the country to guarantee a near stable price regime in all corners of the country.

Buffoons. Payback time for godfathers.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by jason123: 1:02am On Dec 04, 2011
Some people must have been short-changed when common sense was being handed to humanity. How can someone equate the removal of subsidy to a whole ethnic corruption?? Did they steal or buy the oil blocks?? Are they the one begging the government not to remove the subsidy or is it the people (masses)?? Whether subsidy is removed or not, these people will not be affected, FACT! It is us, the masses that will feel the pinch!
Subsidy should NOT be removed until our refineries are built! Oh Nigerians, do not be deceived by some foolish names!
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by igboboy1(m): 7:21am On Dec 04, 2011
Mzsolex:

u be mumu, i wonder how old u are!

eediot wetin u wan take my age do? village thing see picture u put for profile common collar u no fit iron (at least buy shirt wey get better collar skeleton), BUSH MAN
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by Remii(m): 7:34am On Dec 04, 2011
jason123:

Some people must have been short-changed when common sense was being handed to humanity. How can someone equate the removal of subsidy to a whole ethnic corruption?? Did they steal or buy the oil blocks?? Are they the one begging the government not to remove the subsidy or is it the people (masses)?? Whether subsidy is removed or not, these people will not be affected, FACT! It is us, the masses that will feel the pinch!
Subsidy should NOT be removed until our refineries are built! Oh Nigerians, do not be deceived by some foolish names!

Subsidy has already been removed form Diesel and Aviation fuel which are the main input in economy drivers. All industrial heavy machines and home generators run on diesel, what they about to remove is for petrol which are mainly used by light vehicle and generators. If power supply improves to reduce dependence on diesel, economy should survive subsidy removal and be better for it. if and only if, saved fund would not end up in private accounts.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by Turbocharged: 1:51pm On Dec 04, 2011
Nigerians, na wao! Are we losing our reasoning or what? I know majority of the commentators here are either graduates or undergrads,so why can we reason objectively.
The subsidy was for us all, not for them. They are only collecting the amount by which gov
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by billyG(m): 4:42pm On Dec 04, 2011
Honestly we need a murtala incarnated junta to help us wipe those bunch of parasitic goons from our fatherland,how can license be granted to company without tank farms did they stored the fuel in their stomach,where the hell is efcc all this while. i think efcc shuld be indpt with power 2 investigate & interogate even the presdnt.who will save naija? army,mend or boko we need help desperately? cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by godman01(m): 10:13pm On Dec 04, 2011
Am not surprised.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by aagarba05(m): 12:46pm On Jan 03, 2012
We are in serious problem in Nigeria. Many things are wrong. Who is 'clean' among them? Sorry, 99.9% of the members of the three arms of Nigerian government are dirty! Well, perhaps, the remaining 0.1% that represents the 'clean' ones can be traced to a small number of fearless men and women in the judiciary. If they are truly in need of funds for certain projects, let them source for them (funds) through another means somewhere else. Each of them knows what he/she has in his/her bank account(s) of our money while many Nigerian graduates like me are roaming about in the streets, and cannot afford a square meal a day, let alone three. Lastly, I think it will be appropriate for those who have quenched their thirst with more than enough water to let the thirsty left behind drink of the remaining little water, only if they are not looking for trouble. Sincerely speaking, most Nigerians are feeling hungry!
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by vanstanzy(m): 11:43pm On Jan 09, 2012
Quote from: badesco on December 03, 2011, 11:25 AM

Who told they are Yorubas? you better watch that your stinking mouth before they firebombed it. It is always better to double checked your facts before making a comment. Mumu of the highest order.

You are the dunce of course. Na you and your deformed, ancestors plus born/un-born stinking generations firebomb go kill for their sleep or your poverty-stricken village. . . .like rotten dried fire wood full of canker worms!

If you do not know that 65% of petroleum proceeds go to Western Nigeria and their UGLY, LAZZZZY, humpty-dumpty-sat- on-the-wall-Ogboni Otumbas!
See the list so far. . .which is nothing but the truth.
YOU GUTTER-SNIPE!

HA!

Quote from: Funkymallam on December 03, 2011, 11:28 AM

Wazobia complete here o. . .
Oando = Obj
Con oil = Adenuga
Capital oil = Mr. Ifeanyi Uba
M. R. S oil = Alhaji Sayyi Idris Dantata.
NIPCO oil = Chief Bestman Anekwe
A.P oil = Otedola.
Folawiyo Energy = chief Folawiyo.
Aiteo energy = Mr. Peters.
More to come. . .

Whih kain ye ye WAZOBIA?
See the names up there?
4/5 OUT OF 8 NA YORUBABOOOOONS!!!
Awon ole!
Old goats that sit down doing nothing but marry new wives and chase women all over Nigeria with all their incurable ailments God has so punished them with!

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode] grin ;Dladies, ladies there's no need to fight. GLJeo's fear of these "thieves" is costing us so much. Na we tax dey go sooo! And this aint no time for tribalism either.
Those senate members interveiwing him are even involved big time. So Who is fooling Whom? My regret be say GLJoe na fear, fear!!!He even fears the very air around him. This is all a drama& a show of shame, "BROOD OF VIPERS" all of 'em! angry angry angry[/font
]
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by Hamazz1: 10:32am On Jun 21, 2013
sheyguy: let the drama begin, they shld tell us those behind these crimes in names anyone can front with company name, who r those GEJ is afraid of?
.is Gej suppose to b afraid of anybody if that he's a balless ruler.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by Sodiq9ja: 8:02pm On Jan 28, 2015
The Begging of the story can only be told, but no body gets to know the end words. We are not fools. GEJ ur days are numbered keep on the mumu work u are doing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Afenifere To Boko Haram: Our Ancestors Will Finish You / EFCC To File 800 New Corruption Cases, Vows To Re-Prosecute Orji Kalu / Buhari Jets Out To Receive Award In Guinea Bissau (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.