Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,761 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries (14568 Views)

Names Of Beneficiaries Of CBN Illegal Recrutiment+photos - Sahara Reporters / Breaking News:fg May Release Names Tomorow! / Kano State Governor Release Names Of Victims Of Motor Park Bombing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by badesco(m): 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2011
Sinachay:

You are the dunce of course. Na you and your un-born stinking generations firebomb go kill for their sleep or your poverty-stricken village! kiss
If you do not know that 65% of petroleum proceeds go to Western Nigeria and their UGLY, LAZZZZY, humpty-dumpty-sat- on-the-wall-Ogboni Otumbas!
See the list so far. . .which is nothing but the truth.
YOU GUTTER-SNIPE! kiss

E bi like say they don swear 4 u and ur generation, if not, you saw a list comprises of nearly all tribes in Nigeria and all you can deduce is that they are from  a particular tribe, that is Yoruba. i still say Boko go firebomb you and your family now now. Oloshi, asiwin, alawoku ome jaguda.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by badesco(m): 12:49pm On Dec 03, 2011
Sinachay:

You are the dunce of course. Na you and your un-born stinking generations firebomb go kill for their sleep or your poverty-stricken village! kiss
If you do not know that 65% of petroleum proceeds go to Western Nigeria and their UGLY, LAZZZZY, humpty-dumpty-sat- on-the-wall-Ogboni Otumbas!
See the list so far. . .which is nothing but the truth.
YOU GUTTER-SNIPE!

E bi like say they don swear 4 u and ur generation, if not, you saw a list comprises of nearly all tribes in Nigeria and all you can deduce is that they are from  a particular tribe, that is Yoruba. i still say Boko go firebomb you and your family now now. Oloshi, asiwin, alawoku ome jaguda
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by GWslim(f): 12:55pm On Dec 03, 2011
These companies are owned by the sole called rich-men in Nigeria. Thank God, they will be noted for revolution in Nigeria.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by Dennisana(m): 12:55pm On Dec 03, 2011
I laugh, this is att case of a dog barking and not biting.ther is noffing they can do to this people.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by youngmonie: 1:01pm On Dec 03, 2011
GWslim:

These companies are owned by the sole called rich-men in Nigeria. Thank God, they will be noted for revolution in Nigeria.

And wht is their offence IF  i may ask?, subsidy?, if people should pass any blame here pass it on  the government.  The Petroleum Support Fund policy of the government ensures that these players receive subsidy payment  on imported fuel. ITs a damn business model. So all  this ranting about rich people owing the companies and that are stealing from Nigerias is just very absurd, THEY HAVENT COMMITED ANY CRIME!!. The real crime is within NNPC for allowing the astronomical increase in subsidy payment from N500m to N1.4 trillion in one year and granting licences to all these unknown companies
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by Demdem(m): 1:10pm On Dec 03, 2011
Can someone kindly confirm if MRS is for dantata or dangote? I think its the latter.
@ poster.
Good development no doubt. The mere fact thatt the bulk of the beneficiaries are pdp members suggest the reason why we can't have new refineries of our own to stop this menace. Govt will give reasons why new refineries seems to be impossible here in Nigeria however it isn't impossible in Niger. Everyday is for the thief, one day is for owner, no yawa. Let's wait and see what happens after subsidy removal.
My main grouse now are to those that voted for the retardeen and not pdp. Hope u all can now see ur folly. Trully and indeed, it takes idiots to be governed by fools.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by moderatorr: 1:15pm On Dec 03, 2011
senate should enact a law that basically says
'companies should not benefit from fuel subsidy
but masses should'.
I know that's possible,some how.
If its done, FG will get half of the money they want for the development of the nation, and the masses will also benefit.
GEJ was right all the way, but i think he should look into this suggestion.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by youngmonie: 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2011
Demdem:

Can someone kindly confirm if MRS is for dantata or dangote? I think its the latter.
@ poster.
Good development no doubt. The mere fact thatt the bulk of the beneficiaries are pdp members suggest the reason  why we can't have new refineries of our own to stop this menace. Govt will give reasons why new refineries seems to be impossible here in Nigeria however it isn't impossible in Niger. Everyday is for the thief, one day is for owner, no yawa. Let's wait and see what happens after subsidy removal.
My main grouse now are to those that [b]voted for the retardeen [/b]and not pdp. Hope u all can now see your folly. Trully and indeed, it takes idiots to be governed by fools.

This has nothing to do with GEJ. The real problem is obj. if obj had repaired the refineries and built new ones or even started new ones we wnt be having this problems by now and the facts is that all of them from obj to GEJ benefitted from the proceeds of the subsidy  through election funding .
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by youngmonie: 1:21pm On Dec 03, 2011
moderatorr:

senate should enact a law that basically says
'companies should not benefit from fuel subsidy

but masses should'.
I know that's possible,some how.
If its done, FG will get half of the money they want for the development of the nation, and the masses will also benefit.
GEJ was right all the way, but i think he should look into this suggestion.

And of what importance will that be, it still going to cost the government a whole lot  of money. In d short run  Nigerians are just going to have to live with that reality that fuel prices are gonna be expensive even though it provides government with more money to put into developmental projects and even this same oil companies will make more money as the price of petroleum will be high. But  the government realy need to  fix up the refineries  or sell them if they cnt afford to maintain them
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by oshyno(m): 1:26pm On Dec 03, 2011
My brother/ sister please check your facts.
These guys (I mean Capital Oil, Folawiyo, NIPCO etc) all have tank farms. I know this because my friend is a petroleum surveyor and has been to the tank farms belonging to most of these companies. I don't know about registration with CAC but I guarantee you, that's not a difficult thing to do.
If at all any of them do not have, then they will be the minority.
The fraud I percieve is in the astronomical increase from N500m to N1.4 trillion in one year. Someone needs to check that and tell us what happened.

I said virtually Mr.Meanwhile is one thing for u to register a coy n another thing for ur coy to do what is registered for.Many of these coys are construction companies which hv nothing to do with oil importation n marketing and that is where the fraud comes in.The other one is, u might hv seen some tanks n got wowed whereas it has not met the standard to be registered as a marketer.I know of one called master energy in PH here yet they dont hv d license.most of them started building some tanks wen they were already importing n collecting d subsidy.

The crux of the matter is that their is massive fraud committed  by these so called rich men n they shud be made to return every penny to Nigeria coffers QED.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by Demdem(m): 1:26pm On Dec 03, 2011
youngmonie:

This has nothing to do with GEJ. The real problem is obj. if obj had repaired the refineries and built new ones or even started new ones we wnt be having this problems by now and the facts is that all of them from obj to GEJ benefitted from the proceeds of the subsidy  through election funding .

Actually, I think it does. We all can see that its simply continuation of status quo as against fresh air he deceived all with. The mere fact that he has allowed this to continue ever since he became president for more than a year now also suggest to me that he is part and parcel of them. Am sure the presidency wouldn't be happy with this roll call. The senate definately took this bold step. That still doesn't mean that they themselves don't have their own issues oo.

Secondly tell me what the retardeen has done so far about new refineries? At least after more than one year in power, a serious minded president ought to have done something.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by nex(m): 1:28pm On Dec 03, 2011
This Senator Magnus Abe is mentally disturbed! How are these companies "benefitting" from subsidies?! So if subsidy is removed, and they imported and sold to Nigerians directly at N200/litre, will they not benefit even more ?! These companies are only trying to make up for government's inefficiencies, and now this unlearned fellow is blaming them. Something is seriously wrong with this man's brain.

WE NEED REFINERIES, NOT "NAMES OF NOISE-MAKERS"!
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by youngmonie: 1:33pm On Dec 03, 2011
nex:

This Senator Magnus Abe is mentally disturbed! How are these companies "benefitting" from subsidies?! So if subsidy is removed, and they imported and sold to Nigerians directly at N200/litre, will they not benefit even more ?! These companies are only trying to make up for government's inefficiencies, and now this unlearned fellow is blaming them. Something is seriously wrong with this man's brain.

WE NEED REFINERIES, NOT "NAMES OF NOISE-MAKERS"!

MAY THE ALMIGHTY GOD BLESS YOU FOR THAT STATEMENT, Read some of my post. I said this companies are not to blame, blame the government
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by asoderock(m): 1:45pm On Dec 03, 2011
If the senate really want to get to the bottom of the matter, let them mandate these marketers to release documents showing daily trucking of pms within the period under review. Such documents are always kept, let me point out that it will be easy to fish out inconsistencies incase you are thinking they will inflate the trucking rate. Beside an independent inspectors, witness and also keep same records as a standard practice. But will they really do this. sincerely?
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 03, 2011
shocked Can u see that AMALA & EWEDU SOUP has finished this country? Hehe, launch the tribal ballistic missile here.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 03, 2011
SMH

u guys have succeeded in trivializing this subject in order to suit ur bigotry selves
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by cyril10(m): 1:52pm On Dec 03, 2011
Some of us here doesn't know what round tripping is all about, these  oil companies knows what they are doing and what they are gaining from the Govt. as a result of fuel subsidy. Stop defending them because most of the oil majors are not transparent in their business dealings with the Govt.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by Concept(m): 2:00pm On Dec 03, 2011
Why should they subsidy fuel for independent marketers for God sake! While they have been selling fuel to us at exhorbitant rate all this while. Corruption in the air!
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by ak47mann(m): 2:15pm On Dec 03, 2011
Fuel subsidy must go.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by Kilode1: 2:18pm On Dec 03, 2011
Stanley gave the figure of N1.348 trillion as the amount spent on fuel subsidy between January and August this year.

Eledumare o! Are we drinking Oyel??
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 03, 2011
cyril10:

Some of us here doesn't know what round tripping is all about, these  oil companies knows what they are doing and what they are gaining from the Govt. as a result of fuel subsidy. Stop defending them because[b] most of the oil majors are not transparent in their business dealings with the Govt.[/b]
why do u expect them to be transparent? are the govt transparent? are the govt(all govs and most public office holders) not looters and criminals themselves? why cant the govt fix refineries in order to stop importation and any discussion regarding subsidy?

take it round and round, the govt is still to blame
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 03, 2011
ak47mann:

Fuel subsidy must go.

of course it must go but we need to be prepared for many things that will go with it undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by sheyguy: 2:30pm On Dec 03, 2011
For those of us saying there is no cause for alarm yet has anybody noticed where it say some construction co. r invovled and they refused to name them for reasons best known to them only.
Seem like the senate panel has been compromised already.
Kilode?!:

Eledumare o! Are we drinking Oyel??
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by JamesDoe: 2:40pm On Dec 03, 2011
The guys downstream are already known. This information is not new.

What about the guys upstream who have oil blocks etc.

This story is one-sided and incomplete.

If the chaps mentioned here have illegally profited, then jail them. But give us a more complete story.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by anonimi: 2:46pm On Dec 03, 2011
let the drama begin, they shld tell us those behind these crimes in names anyone can front with company name, who r those GEJ is afraid of?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-816623.0.html#msg9682797

@ sheyguy,

I am a bit confused with your post above- The senate listed the company names but you say na fisherman Joe dey afraid to add the names of the owners of the companies. Haba
Btw, GEJ is the one pushing for the withdrawal of subsidies and the senators and Reps are resisting.
It is better to remove the subsidy for greater transparency and increased competition leading to BETTER pricing in the long run due to incentives for investing in refining locally.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by digi101(m): 2:51pm On Dec 03, 2011
Like has been said there's nothing clinically wrong with importers collecting subsidy on fuel brought in, the Fraud that is being perpetrated using the inefficiency of the system that set it up and the chop and quench attitude of our politicians is the real issue.

1. Is NNPC telling us that all refineries in the country are still producing and they cant quantify the amount being produced?
2. If in fact no 1 is true what assurances are there that all this so called mushroom importers are simply not selling to us NNPC locally refined products?
3. If all this so called marketers had been forced to commit 10-20% of sales to the building of a local refinery since 2006 i wonder if the list would actually have increased.

If GEJ is serious what we need is a "HARD SYSTEM RESET" he should be MAN enough to press the button and damn the consequences QED
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by deleson: 2:59pm On Dec 03, 2011
Why are Nigerians so gullible. Happenings within nigeria are usually not unknown to the seriously armed quarters of power, as such a continual permutation and combination would have been on before this doctored list was released.

Perhaps what would Nigerians do with the name on the list?

Smh!!!
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by deleson: 3:01pm On Dec 03, 2011
Why are Nigerians so gullible?
Happenings within nigeria are usually not unknown to the seriously armed quarters of power, as such a continual permutation and combination would have been on before this doctored list was released.

Smh!!!
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by AbisMan: 3:04pm On Dec 03, 2011
Senator Bukola Saraki should be commended for raising the motion to investigate the Transparency and Accountability in Fuel Subsidy, if not for that, we all won't be talking about it today. I haven't been a fan of him, but from following him on twitter this week, he is talking sense. see for yourself @bukolasaraki
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by deleson: 3:13pm On Dec 03, 2011
Why are Nigerians so gullible?
Happenings within nigeria are usually not unknown to the seriously armed quarters of power, as such a continual permutation and combination would have been on before this doctored list was released.

Smh!!!
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by Chiori(m): 3:29pm On Dec 03, 2011
I would advocate that the moneys should not be recovered, but these men involved should be made to serve long and stiff jail sentences.
Re: Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries by Dennisana(m): 3:40pm On Dec 03, 2011
@chiori, sorry ur wish cannot happen in dis our naija!too bad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Jets Out To Receive Award In Guinea Bissau (Photos) / Stop Hating Each Other Because Of Politicians - They Are Just Using Us / Gbade Ojo Urges Tinubu To Reconcile With Afenifere Ahead Of 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.