Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:38 AM

My Father Is Corrupt: Am I Culpable As Well? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Father Is Corrupt: Am I Culpable As Well? (813 Views)

Yet They Say GEJ Is Corrupt / Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. / Is COSCHARIS Culpable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Father Is Corrupt: Am I Culpable As Well? by ochocinco1(m): 11:25am On Sep 26, 2007
I have this Friend with a heavy duty conscience.

His Father is and has been in the upper echelons of various governments
at various levels, and let's just say he has been financially blessed in his various posts
albeit by the devil.

My friend obviously has benefited from this stealing of the nation's wealth with a first class
British Education and life in the UK.

Amongst our clique he is always noticeably quiet whenever we start remonstrating over
the corruption endemic in Nigeria. He always tries to live down his father's wealth, avoiding the
things he could get with his pocket money.

If you were in his shoes, would you really care about the source of the funds or simply live it up?
Re: My Father Is Corrupt: Am I Culpable As Well? by Pamperme: 11:33am On Sep 26, 2007
Guess the guy has a conscience
Re: My Father Is Corrupt: Am I Culpable As Well? by tonia2000(f): 12:10pm On Sep 26, 2007
@poster
Why not cool
Re: My Father Is Corrupt: Am I Culpable As Well? by afrodixie: 1:18pm On Sep 26, 2007
@Topic

Yes of course---"The sins of the Fathers" usually visit the sons and daughters of the land.  Why do you think Nigeria as a whole will continue to suffer?  The fact that some of us are hiding in the "abroad" does not make it any better!  No prayer will help since we all are enjoying the proceeds of corruption.  I too have "corrupt" parents but I cannot resists that transfer of hard currency to my account every month for my monthly upkeep.  I have made peace with my "Chi" so find a way to make peace with yours.  The punishment will not go away in this our live time so I choose to enjoy the money instead!-----Even you have benefitted one way or the other--that is why you are still alive in Nigeria so who are you deceiving!---Please tell your friend to pass some of the loot please! grin

Warmest regards---------AfroDickey! kiss
Re: My Father Is Corrupt: Am I Culpable As Well? by chidichris(m): 5:08pm On Sep 26, 2007
tell that ur friend to relinquish all that he gained from his father's wealth including all his degrees.
i don't want to be decieved here, maybe u are the one. do not play with our brains, those proceeds of corruption has built u so whatever u are saying or doing, you have been placed in a more comfortable level above your peers so where is ur conscience and regrets?

(1) (Reply)

Britain Is 'worst In The World' For Armed Robbery Says Security Boss / Asari Accuses Odili Of Paying Jomo Gbomo In The Past / Facts About Madam Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.