Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,212 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth (5208 Views)

Paul Adefarasin Shares Christmas Gifts To The Less Privileged (Photos) / Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy / Questions For Christians: Is the Catholic Church The First Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by ebos(m): 12:10pm On Sep 27, 2007
Pilgrim,

Deify can still worship - it depends how you use it. I wanted to commend on that but I forgot. grin

Glory to Jesus, Honour to Mary
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by ebos(m): 12:12pm On Sep 27, 2007
Though, this is not an English Class- anyhow thank you for commenting on it, but I think I have now made the world clear as commented above. tongue

Glory to Jesus, Honour to Mary
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by ebos(m): 12:18pm On Sep 27, 2007
Don’t mind my last two posts, as I said, we may be in a hurry and mistype often. Like word with world and the rest of them as I did post them above.
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by cgift(m): 12:20pm On Sep 27, 2007
ebos:

Don’t mind my last two posts, as I said, we may be in a hurry and mistype often. Like word with world and the rest of them as I did post them above.

You dey under pressure? We are just on pag 2. Remember say we dey go 17 grin grin wink

ebos:

Though, this is not an English Class- anyhow thank you for commenting on it, but I think I have now made the world clear as commented above. tongue

u 2 are undecided

I'm cool
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by Oby1(f): 12:28pm On Sep 27, 2007
@Pilgrim.1 and Cgift

If you call yourselves true christain, i believe if you pray and seek the face of God with all truth, he doesn't fail to listen or disclose things to you.

Can you go into prayers (add fasting to it, maybe 3 days) Ask God to reveal to you what you want to know or the truth about the Catholic church, then come back here and tell us. (Its an assignment)

But remember don't say what God has not said, remember Balak and Balaam in book of Numbers 22 and 23.
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by cgift(m): 1:52pm On Sep 27, 2007
Oby1:

@Pilgrim.1 and Cgift

If you call yourselves true christain, i believe if you pray and seek the face of God with all truth, he doesn't fail to listen or disclose things to you.

Can you go into prayers (add fasting to it, maybe 3 days) Ask God to reveal to you what you want to know or the truth about the Catholic church, then come back here and tell us. (Its an assignment)

But remember don't say what God has not said, remember Balak and Balaam in book of Numbers 22 and 23.

You are now sounding very funny. You have what we call a mindset already. Even if i do your bidding which goes like this: I go on 21 dyas fasting & prayers, In the process God tells me the truth about the RCC, & It turns out to corroborate our assertions against you (for instance) & I come here to relay it to you - would yoyu believ me? Wont you classify it as one of those protesting comments? So who is deceiving whom.

If i were you, i would rather apply those admonitions to myself and with an objective mind earnestly pray, fast, and study God's words andask Him for light on these burning issues. He will hear you i am so sure 'cos he heard Cornelius. Cornelius followed traditions too until God had to go and deliver him from such.

You may be religious but i tell you, God ain't intersted in traditions of men, the saduccees/pharisees would have outperformed you in that. You need to know him in Spirit. This aint got nothing to do with maria, thats the absolute truth my sis.

God bless you and others.
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by pilgrim1(f): 2:01pm On Sep 27, 2007
@ebos,

ebos:

Hehe. . . Okay, here's a big hug to you:

[center][size=16pt]BIG HUG!![/size][/center]

I was simply ROFL when I saw how your hands dey 'vex' on the keyboard! grin
That's why I took some time off to do some work and come back later.

No wahala - deify means something comepletely different from how you meant it; but hey - you're RIGHT that this is not an English lesson class! grin

Enjoy.
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by ebos(m): 2:36pm On Sep 27, 2007
@Pilgrim,
Honestly, na only laugh I get now. grin Your reactions to Catholic don dey make laugh. I begin think wetin Vatican do you. If you get gun, Pilgrim you go shoot Pope – haba grin

Anyhow cheers grin
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by pilgrim1(f): 3:10pm On Sep 27, 2007
Lol @ebos. . . why you think say I get such desires? You see where your mind dey push you go? grin
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by ebos(m): 3:29pm On Sep 27, 2007
The way you guys dey yab the successor of St Peter – I mean Pope. The Pastors there are honoured but…,

the bible foretold it.
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by cgift(m): 4:10pm On Sep 27, 2007
ebos, you know i am more inclined to believe the church formd by the apostles back then must hav been protestant in nature. You dare ask me why?
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by ebos(m): 4:50pm On Sep 27, 2007
As long as the scripture didn't say ONLY bible contain the truth. If you guys can show any portion - then Catholic will believe you people. But last chapter of John says many things Jesus did but were not recorded. Some people listened to the oral messages which were not written down. Why not ask, what might be these oral traditions? No one want to ask.
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by Oby1(f): 5:14pm On Sep 27, 2007
@Ebos
As long as the scripture didn't say ONLY bible contain the truth. If you guys can show any portion - then Catholic will believe you people. But last chapter of John says many things Jesus did but were not recorded. Some people listened to the oral messages which were not written down. Why not ask, what might be these oral traditions? No one want to ask.
[b][/b]

Tell them my brother that is if they will hear
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by pilgrim1(f): 5:17pm On Sep 27, 2007
@ebos,

Two things:

ebos:

The way you guys dey yab the successor of St Peter – I mean Pope. The Pastors there are honoured but…,

the bible foretold it.

(a) we don't joke or tease about Bible characters - and I don't remember having "yabbed" any apostle.

However, the claim that the Popes are successors to the apostle Peter is an incorrect assumption! The PAPACY did not emerge with the apostles of Jesus Christ; and not one Catholic here or elsewere has been able to substantiate their claim of a succession of Popes dating from apostle Peter. It is merely a claim without substance.

ebos:

(b) the basic thing to be demonstrated here is whether "oral traditions" (Catholic, Protestant, Eastern Othodox, etc) agree with the WRITTEN Word of God. Have you been able to demonstrate that?

It is one thing to claim that "scripture didn't say ONLY bible contain the truth"; but what we are concerned here is whether the claim of extra-Biblical traditionc contradict the Scriptures. At least we know that the Bible claims that Scripture is inspired of God, so that "the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works." (2 Tim. 3:16-17).

If then a religious tradition claiming to be "Christian" is actually contradicting Scripture, and we request that such adherents demonstrate where in God's WORD such traditions were established as a standard practice among God's people, are we going to take you seriously if you can NOT provide answers?

We have listed a few things of the Catholic tradtions and tenets; we asked that Catholics demonstrate that such things were practiced among Christians   - but no Catholic has been able to do so. Instead, you make excuses from the last chapters of John's Gospel that Jesus did "many things" which are not written in the Bible.

Okay, granted - Jesus did "many things" not written in the Bible. Let's ask if they include the following:

* Did Jesus bow down to molten statues or graven images?

Reference: Isaiah 42:8 -
              "I am the LORD: that is my name:
               and my glory will I not give to another,
               neither my praise to graven images."

* Did Jesus ask anybody to PRAY TO Mary or practice Mariolatry?

Reference: John 4:23 & 24 -
             "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers
              shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth:
              for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
              God is a Spirit: and they that worship him
              must worship him in spirit and in truth"

* Did Jesus encourage religious traditions of men that contradict God's WORD?

Reference: Matthew 15:3 & 9
            "But he answered and said unto them,
             Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? . .
             But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

Dear ebos, for you to claim that the "traditions" (oral or written) of RCC [which we know to be contradicting God's WORD] should now become the norm of the Christian faith, is to betray the weakness that is all too common among many: even as the Lord Jesus said: "Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition" (Mark 7:8 )

Where do we go from here? Do we continue to full well reject God's clear WORD so we may each and everyone keep our "traditions" which are contradicting Scripture?

Shalom.
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by pilgrim1(f): 5:19pm On Sep 27, 2007
@Oby1,

Oby1:

Tell them my brother that is if they will hear

Lol. . . we dey hear. The problem is whether you will ever be able to hear what Jesus says about your tradtions and God's commandments! grin
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by Oby1(f): 5:22pm On Sep 27, 2007
u r really proving hard nut to crack, but it wont help.
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by Oby1(f): 5:23pm On Sep 27, 2007
catch u guys later, be back later
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by pilgrim1(f): 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2007
Oby1:

catch u guys later, be back later

Enjoy - me too: vroom! grin
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by Backslider(m): 9:47pm On Sep 27, 2007
I would have ignored this thread if you did not make a general statement.

The catholic Church now is a Backsliden church. Those that worship therein now are a people that trooping into the dragons belly.

The Holiness of God has left the "Church" The spirit of the Most High God has left the Church. Their Ministers are now possessed with the devil and they display Immorality to greatest height.

Their Demon Possessed Pope is brandishing sin openly. The pope is an agent of the devil in disguise. There are other people that call themselves Men of God but are Men of Satan., They are in all other churches some of them are in the Church I love so much.

The Catholic Church with all it occultism is a foundation of hell.

There is however hope for this Church if it repents and returns to the true God.

The time of Judgment of the pope and other backslide men of God will come.
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by Oby1(f): 8:36am On Sep 28, 2007
Thank you. May God have mercy on you.
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by Oby1(f): 8:43am On Sep 28, 2007
Saint of the Day 28/9/07

St. Wenceslaus (907?-929)

If saints have been falsely characterized as "otherworldly," the life of Wenceslaus stands as an example to the contrary: He stood for Christian values in the midst of the political intrigues which characterized 10th-century Bohemia.

He was born in 907 near Prague, son of the Duke of Bohemia. His saintly grandmother, Ludmilla, raised him and sought to promote him as ruler of Bohemia in place of his mother, who favored the anti-Christian factions. Ludmilla was eventually murdered, but rival Christian forces were victorious, and Wenceslaus was able to assume leadership of the government.

His rule was marked by efforts toward unification within Bohemia, support of the Church and peace-making negotiations with Germany, a policy which caused him trouble with the anti-Christian opposition. His brother Boleslav joined in the plotting, and in September of 929 invited Wenceslaus to Alt Bunglou for the celebration of the feast of Sts. Cosmas and Damian. On the way to Mass, Boleslav attacked his brother, and in the struggle, Wenceslaus was killed by supporters of Boleslav.

Although his death resulted primarily from political upheaval, Wenceslaus was hailed as a martyr for the faith, and his tomb became a pilgrimage shrine. He is hailed as the patron of the Bohemian people and of former Czechoslovakia.

"While recognizing the autonomy of the reality of politics, Christians who are invited to take up political activity should try to make their choices consistent with the gospel and, in the framework of a legitimate plurality, to give both personal and collective witness to the seriousness of their faith by effective and disinterested service of men" (Pope Paul VI, A Call to Action, 46).
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by ebos(m): 11:10am On Sep 28, 2007
@ Catholics and Protestants

If we go through the statements or utterances of both Catholics and Protestants in all the threads, we will discover that Protestants are more prone to invective languages. Place it side by side, you will be able to discern the kind of products each denomination produces as Christians. This only shows which church is founded by Christ Himself.

Another thing, losers always like to come against winners. Between Jesus and Satan, who like to criticize and attack? Between Christians and Muslims, who like to come against, criticize and attack? Between Israel and Egypt or Babylon etc who like to come against, criticize and attack? Between a Champ (winner) and (defeatist) Challenger, who like to come against, criticize and Challenge? Between Israelites (David) and Philistines (Goliath)who came criticized and ridiculed? Between Catholic and Protestants who like to come against, criticize and attack? It’s on record that losers always prowl and plot the downfall of the winners.

So, my message is clear. Losers always come against winners to criticize and attack. They find it difficult to stay on their own. Now, Protestants identify where you belong. grin

Cheers to all.
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by ibis: 11:24am On Sep 28, 2007
hi all.

this is my 2 cents.

everyone is to work out their salvation with fear and trembling. on that day when we stand before God almighty, there will be no excuse. nothing like " this was what i was born into" or "i was mislead". God gave us the solution to all things "THE BIBLE" it is the standard and we are to measure all we are told, beliefs and practices done in our respective churches against it. the bible is the truth and truth alone.

i was shocked when my househelp who is catholic said she does not have a bible as everything they need is put in the church bulletin. wow! please brethren, take the bible and search out things for your self so that the holy spirit may work and reveal deep mysteries and revelations to u. in the last day, there will be where to run and no one to blame. On that day u will stand alone and give account. We are holding on to traditions, religious ceremonies, the familiar, things we were born into, all these do not make it right!. search out the truth for yourself.

anything that does not tally with the bible, i dont care who said it or where it emanated from is a lie of the devil!

LET GOD BE TRUE AND EVERYMAN A LIAR!!!!!!!
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by ebos(m): 11:54am On Sep 28, 2007
@ Seun,

Please check out this Backslider of a guy, he has come with all his insult against a Holy Man of God (Pope) and Billions of Catholics worldwide. I believe he should be banned immediately. This thread is not for us to come here and insult any person. Please, try and do something about Backslider, he is known for this.

We are not teenagers and who yarn anyhow.
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by seeu(m): 2:22pm On Sep 28, 2007
Hi all

Each time I remember my life in Christ, I remember my own Church and also sob for some denominations that have led many astray through the way they interpret the scripture. I’m quite sure that Christ will not be happy seeing what is going on among Christians because many have disappointed HIM, and others brainwashed by false teachers. I have carefully gone through the posts and I would rather say some contributions are quite interesting, but one thing that makes me shake head is the narrow knowledge of the scripture so many have, yet we believe we have it all.

Again, my appeal to everybody is to pray for the Holy Spirit to enlighten us when reading the scripture. A lot of things have gone wrong among Christians. All the same, by the Power of the Holy Spirit who teaches us the way, I therefore put all the problems in Christianity squarely on Protestant Churches who have continued to allow themselves be led away by evil inspired teachings from their ignorant Pastors who claim to know the bible more than the Holy Spirit. It is sad that a lot of people have ceaselessly been spreading false teachings, and Jesus must certainly be unhappy to seeing all this happening.

I know that God is a merciful God, and He gives all these Pastors and those that believe in their teachings more chance to repent or be destroyed. The truth is in Catholic Church, and only in Catholic, and not even any of the Protestant Churches can lay claim of close to possessing the truth.

All Catholics should continue with what you have and you cannot get half of the grace of God any other place except in Catholic Church, and only in Catholic you can have a lot of Angels and Saints of God as friends. We have taken them as friends, but the Protestants have other friends hence their behaviour shows that these Saints and Agents of the Living God are strangers to them, and it’s a taboo for Protestants to mention the Angels and Saints of God in their lives as Christians.

May our Mother Mary, all you Saints of God, the Legion of Angels, Pray for us all who believe in their Powerful prayers.

Finally, May God have mercy on who are in darkness but still believe they have the light.
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by seeu(m): 2:44pm On Sep 28, 2007
May God grant us our prayers in whatever way we have sinned against Him. May the Mother Mary continue to play Her motherly role for us who have taken Her as Mother. May the Protestants come to knowledge and realise how insultive their posts against the Mother Of Jesus can be to Christ.
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by ebos(m): 3:31pm On Sep 28, 2007
seeu:

Hi all

Each time I remember my life in Christ, I remember my own Church and also sob for some denominations that have led many astray through the way they interpret the scripture. I’m quite sure that Christ will not be happy seeing what is going on among Christians because many have disappointed HIM, and others brainwashed by false teachers. I have carefully gone through the posts and I would rather say some contributions are quite interesting, but one thing that makes me shake head is the narrow knowledge of the scripture so many have, yet we believe we have it all.

Again, my appeal to everybody is to pray for the Holy Spirit to enlighten us when reading the scripture. A lot of things have gone wrong among Christians. All the same, by the Power of the Holy Spirit who teaches us the way, I therefore put all the problems in Christianity squarely on Protestant Churches who have continued to allow themselves be led away by evil inspired teachings from their ignorant Pastors who claim to know the bible more than the Holy Spirit. It is sad that a lot of people have ceaselessly been spreading false teachings, and Jesus must certainly be unhappy to seeing all this happening.

I know that God is a merciful God, and He gives all these Pastors and those that believe in their teachings more chance to repent or be destroyed. The truth is in Catholic Church, and only in Catholic, and not even any of the Protestant Churches can lay claim of close to possessing the truth.

All Catholics should continue with what you have and you cannot get half of the grace of God any other place except in Catholic Church, and only in Catholic you can have a lot of Angels and Saints of God as friends. We have taken them as friends, but the Protestants have other friends hence their behaviour shows that these Saints and Agents of the Living God are strangers to them, and it’s a taboo for Protestants to mention the Angels and Saints of God in their lives as Christians.

May our Mother Mary, all you Saints of God, the Legion of Angels, Pray for us all who believe in their Powerful prayers.

Finally, May God have mercy on who are in darkness but still believe they have the light.

Christianity is governed by our viewpoint by many? The interpretation of the scripture is seen differently by different people and also the change is brought about by time. I know the change will come but quite a longer time and with prayer it will be shortened. At a particular moment of time the meanings of what was earlier stated to be the truth by false preachers change altogether. That change is the essence and we cannot avoid it but adjust to it and be happy because the truth is now known.
In truth, worse than not seeing at all is seeing but not being touched by what we see. Certainly, interpretations and people change to suit themselves by their level of understanding – but the Protestants have no chance of recognizing real change – if they cannot recognize and accept their inability to discern the true interpretation of the scripture. Obviously, problem they will continue to create for themselves and not Christianity itself.

May God Have Mercy on us all
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by cgift(m): 4:01pm On Sep 28, 2007
seeu:

Each time I remember my life in Christ, I remember my own Church and also sob for some denominations that have led many astray through the way they interpret the scripture. I’m quite sure that Christ will not be happy seeing what is going on among Christians because many have disappointed HIM, and others brainwashed by false teachers.

Look at a thief calling the property owner a thief (a yoruba addage). So it is we who have been brainwashed by false teachers ehn? Good for you. Your brothers know how well we have engaged them constructively. Dont come here and reverse the hand of the clock, you only set yourself back by that. You have only come to tell us that you have submitted your intellect to the pope/priests of your local cathedral. They are the ones who hav brainwashed you. Get the bible and read for yourself. It is not written in arabic or latin. It is in English wink.

seeu:
I have carefully gone through the posts and I would rather say some contributions are quite interesting, but one thing that makes me shake head is the narrow knowledge of the scripture so many have, yet we believe we have it all.

Mr or mrs broad knowledge, you have only further shown that you are lacking in things of the scriptures. I thought you would take the critical issues and address them instead of making vague utterances. Go on, give us expositions on your doctrines and lets put them to the fiery test of any bible translation.

seeu:
I therefore put all the problems in Christianity squarely on Protestant Churches who have continued to allow themselves be led away by evil inspired teachings from their ignorant Pastors who claim to know the bible more than the Holy Spirit.

What an obfuscating statement! I am deeply saddened by such a rash statement. And who has told you that Christianity has problems? Christ has no problems. It is people like you who carry the toga of problems all about because you have refused to simply do a simple thing for yourself - reading the bible.

seeu:
It is sad that a lot of people have ceaselessly been spreading false teachings, and Jesus must certainly be unhappy to seeing all this happening.

Now we can see who has been brainwashed. My person (i don't know your sex, sorry), all we ask our catholic brethren to show is let them give us the documentations of the 'oral traditions' passed down from Paul, Peter, John, and other founding apostles that you people now claim is more superior to the bible. When bowing down to image of mary cannot be traced directly to the apostles, who then gave them to your popes? When infant baptism canot be traced directly to the pentecostal church of the apostolic era, who then passed them down to you? - this is just to mention only a few of the anomalies. I repeat who passed them down to you? That explains why you may want to clinge to strange gospels that when put forward would direclty make God sound like a confusionist but my God isn't one. (I hope you don't use the heretic gospel of barnabas?)

seeu:

The unsubstantiated 'truth'. My friend go back to the very first page of this thread and get some lectures.

seeu:

Friends? No. You probably wanted to say objects of worship? With all the prayrs of the saints, you should be a superhuman by now grin

seeu:
May our Mother Mary, all you Saints of God, the [b]Legion [/b]of Angels, Pray for us all who believe in their Powerful prayers.

that word "LEGION" - reminds me of the demon-possessed man in the the bible. Hope its not that one you are referring as mary?

So please, put up the issues and lets discuss them rather than crying over split milk.

Thank you.

ebos :

Certainly, interpretations and people change to suit themselves by their level of understanding – but the Protestants have no chance of recognizing real change – if they cannot recognize and accept their [b]inability [/b]to discern the true interpretation of the scripture. Obviously, problem they will continue to create for themselves and not Christianity itself.

bos, we are back to the same thing: you have now lucidly demonstrated your fears - this really is fear fabricated and delivered to you by your superiors. The fear of what? You should have seen with all w have gone through that the papacy obvioulsy wants to groom morons (sorry to use that word). What instigated th use of it is this: what do you call a man who has placed before the knees of some men like him his mind, intellect and everything? What do you call a man who no longer reasons for himself - a man who would only receive orders from some 'super' humans and use them without any iota of reasoning?

That is their mission out there in the Vatican- to build robots out of a vast numbr of people. And I'm afraid, they are making a huge success out of it. Adam/Eve did not fall because they tried to reason for themselves, (i know that is what your priest tell you when you try to engage them intellectually on the things of the scriptures), they fell because they refused to obey God's simple and clear instructions. God allowed reasoning and that was why he brought animals to be named by Adam. He allows reasoning and has said in Isia. 1: 18, come let us reason together . For how long will you continue to wallow in this sea of ignorance concerning things which you have full access to?

You say that we interprete it to suit ourselves - how? I chalenge you to bring any bible translation - any one you are comfortal with and let us quiz. Many things are too explicit that you require no man to tell you. Paul said - "STUDY TO SHOW THYSELF APPROVED, " I am feeling something within me now, (I wsh we were talking face to face, you would have seen tears down my eyes). My heart sobs cry
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by ebos(m): 4:28pm On Sep 28, 2007
Cgift

Your bible interpretation is the one you saw the word “Except” and quickly quoted it to back your point, but on the other hand, you turned a blind eye to another “Except” used by Jesus in John 3:5. Does the word except not enough to baptize a child hence Christ did not say except a Man and Woman are baptized of Water and Spirit they cannot enter the kingdom of God. If Christ had said so, we would have known that infants are exempted from His Command. But He said NO ONE- so, No One include infants.

The word except you quoted to back your point has a different meaning from the one I quoted? That is the kind of bible interpretation your Pastors are parading. Good guy!
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by ebos(m): 4:43pm On Sep 28, 2007
What keeps surprising me is the problem Infant Baptism pose for Christians. The Protestants just like to disobey the Word of God for the reasons I cannot just explain. To baptism infants, what is the problem or the negative effect it has for Christians that Protestants have continued in vain to oppose? May God have mercy on you people – seriously. The only unfounded reason is that “a child cannot reason, so we have to wait for the child to grow and make decision for himself.” Why not wait for your child to grow and make decision to go school for himself? So, you know what is good for your child? The same way, Catholics knows what is good for their children? Heaven is good for them.
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by seeu(m): 5:11pm On Sep 28, 2007
Whether they call you Cgift or what!
The funniest thing is that the bible you are interpreting is based on your little knowledge of the scripture as I said earlier. I can go ahead to bring some biblical facts, but seeing that all the quotations ebos gave at first page of this thread were all misquoted and misinterpreted by you. In the same way, if I quote mine, you will still come with your Pastors humorous knowledge of the scripture and misquote me.
The Pastors are the likes we have here in 9igerua. Television show Pastors, make-believe miracle Pastors. The truth is that when you ask them about the problem of different interpretations of the bible, they will tell you man must whack. So, nothing for them if they venture tell you guys the truth. Of course there will be nothing for them to chop. Can’t you see the Pastors are buying land everywhere in the name of church? Exotic Cars, deceiving you that to suffer is not the portion of any Christian. Who taught them that shit teaching? Did Christ and His Apostles not suffer?
You Protestants are the worst to be pitied. You are far, far from the truth and you cannot know the truth except you come out from those churches. 95% of the Pastors from Protestant Churches have a secret place they meet with the angels of Satan. They have been commissioned to pull down Catholic Church. The secret they won’t tell you. TB Joshua, the show bobo Christ Oyakholom crook and his Household Counterpart whom Satan swore to make Him a malaria President of the Federal Republic of Protestants. These bunch of fake Pastors continue right down to most white men Pastors. Next time, I will yarn you well.
Re: Catholic Most Privileged Church, The Pillar And Foundation Of Truth by seeu(m): 5:12pm On Sep 28, 2007
If you cannot believ some of the ebos quotations why demanding more quotations from me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Proof Of Plagiarism In The Christian New Testament From The Jewish Old Testament / I Hate The Devil And So Should You. / Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.