Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Biblical Verses Of Killing And Terror - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblical Verses Of Killing And Terror (3802 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / This Girl, 13, Recites 255 Biblical Verses Off-hand / Why Do Christians Lie That God Doesnt Condone Killing And Accept Human Sacrifice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biblical Verses Of Killing And Terror by LagosShia: 5:32pm On Dec 04, 2011
Numbers 31:17-18
Now kill all the boys (in Midian). And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Judges 21:10-12
10So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11“This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.

1 Samuel 6:19
And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: [/b]and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

[b]Luke 19:27

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

Luke 12:49
"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

Matthew 10:34
" Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

2 Peter 2:12
"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed."

John 2:15
[Jesus] made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

Psalms 137:8-9
O Babylon, you will be destroyed. Happy is the one who pays you back for what you have done to us.Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

Psalms 139:19-22:
"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: Depart from me therefore, ye bloodthirsty men. For they speak against thee wickedly, And thine enemies take (thy name) in vain. Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: They are become mine enemies."

" Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Luke 22:36,38
[Jesus] said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one, " The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords."  "That is enough," he replied.

Matthew 10:35
35 For I have come to turn   “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

Luke 12:50-53
50 But I have a baptsm to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

Hosea 13:16
"Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up."

Revelation 2:22-23
"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works."

Deuteronomy 17:2-5
If there be found among you , that , hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them , Then shalt thou , tone them with stones, till they die.

Judges 1:4-6
"The LORD delivered the Canaanites and the Perizzites into their hand. ...
But Adonibezek fled; and they pursued after him, and caught him, and cut off his thumbs and his great toes." --

Ezekiel 23:25-34
And I will set my jealousy against thee, and they shall deal furiously with thee: they shall take away thy nose and thine ears. ... Thou shalt even drink it and suck it out, and thou shalt ... pluck off thine own breasts: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD. --

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biblical Verses Of Killing And Terror by Nobody: 10:48pm On Feb 12, 2015
thanks
Re: Biblical Verses Of Killing And Terror by Nobody: 11:29pm On Feb 12, 2015
Ma bro, ya as dumb as buhari!
Re: Biblical Verses Of Killing And Terror by mustang44: 10:40am On Feb 13, 2015
who was going about fighting wars, besieging and conquering cities and forcing the people to pay jizya? MUHAMMAD OR JESUS?
Re: Biblical Verses Of Killing And Terror by michaelwestern(m): 11:09am On Feb 13, 2015
The difference between this and muslim terrorism is that; all the verses you qouted are stories of past events not commands.

Besides, what exactly is your point?
Re: Biblical Verses Of Killing And Terror by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 13, 2015
LagosShia:
Numbers 31:17-18
Now kill all the boys (in Midian). And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Judges 21:10-12
10So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11“This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.

1 Samuel 6:19
And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: [/b]and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

[b]Luke 19:27

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

2 Peter 2:12
"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed."

John 2:15
[Jesus] made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

Psalms 137:8-9
O Babylon, you will be destroyed. Happy is the one who pays you back for what you have done to us.Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

Psalms 139:19-22:
"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: Depart from me therefore, ye bloodthirsty men. For they speak against thee wickedly, And thine enemies take (thy name) in vain. Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: They are become mine enemies."

Luke 22:36,38
[Jesus] said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one, " The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords."  "That is enough," he replied.

Matthew 10:35
35 For I have come to turn   “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

Luke 12:50-53
50 But I have a baptsm to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

Hosea 13:16
"Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up."

Revelation 2:22-23
"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works."

Deuteronomy 17:2-5
If there be found among you , that , hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them , Then shalt thou , tone them with stones, till they die.

Judges 1:4-6
"The LORD delivered the Canaanites and the Perizzites into their hand. ...
But Adonibezek fled; and they pursued after him, and caught him, and cut off his thumbs and his great toes." --

Ezekiel 23:25-34
And I will set my jealousy against thee, and they shall deal furiously with thee: they shall take away thy nose and thine ears. ... Thou shalt even drink it and suck it out, and thou shalt ... pluck off thine own breasts: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD. --

Where are Christians that are following these instructions? I can't find them.
Re: Biblical Verses Of Killing And Terror by torchwave: 5:31pm On Feb 13, 2015
Op, such a pity you can read but lack comprehension. Even a primary school leaver will not confuse Old Testament commands to the Jews (physical Israelites) with the New Testament commands to everyone (spiritual Israelites through death of Christ).

Besides that, God's command to the Israelites to kill in the OT was intended to be carried out on a particular specifically mentioned people or nation at certain times, many times being that God's anger towards that nation was as a result of their wickedness towards the Israelites in the past or that God was driving the said nation away for the Israelites to dwell in those territories He had purposed for them to inherit.

God never gave the command to the OT Israelites to attack and kill anybody under heaven who didn't believe in Him. Rather, He even punished the Israelites whenever they sinned against Him and refused to repent by sending foreign nations to kill many of them and take many into captivity. God is a just God. He has no favourites.

This is Old Testament where God's dealings was strictly with the Jews or physical Israelites yet it is in stark contrast with the commands of Allah in Islam where his commands are meant to be carried out on everybody and anybody under heaven who does not believe in him, not a specific command in history made obsolete in the present by grace through the death of Christ as in Christianity but one that is an ongoing exercise, one that continues to be in motion even till date.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Verses Of Killing And Terror by truthman2012(m): 9:12pm On Feb 13, 2015
b]Luke 19:27
"But those mine enemies,
which would not that I should
reign over them, bring hither,
and slay them before me."

"I have come to bring fire on
the earth, and how I wish it
were already kindled!

" Do not suppose that I have
come to bring peace to the
earth. I did not come to bring
peace, but a sword

All of the above are figurative. Neither Jesus nor his disciples raised sword against anybody in reality.

Killings in the bible OT are not the same as that of quran:

https://www.nairaland.com/2069777/killings-bible-not-same-killings
Re: Biblical Verses Of Killing And Terror by Samunique(m): 9:44pm On Feb 13, 2015
truthman2012:
b]Luke 19:27
"But those mine enemies,
which would not that I should
reign over them, bring hither,
and slay them before me."

"I have come to bring fire on
the earth, and how I wish it
were already kindled!

" Do not suppose that I have
come to bring peace to the
earth. I did not come to bring
peace, but a sword

All of the above are figurative. Neither Jesus nor his disciples raised sword against anybody in reality.

Killings in the bible OT are not the same as that of quran:

https://www.nairaland.com/2069777/killings-bible-not-same-killings
Thank u bro!

Pls don't waste your time on the OP, he doesn't deserve any explaination.

U should have known that muslims are just looking for ways to drag other religions most especially their number one enemy Christianity into the mess and public ridicule Islam has found itself.

So ignore him!!!!
( the OP )

1 Like

Re: Biblical Verses Of Killing And Terror by NnaNna4(m): 9:49pm On Feb 13, 2015
[/i
who has also qualified us to be ministers of a
new covenant, which is not written but
spiritual, because the written text brings
death, but the Spirit gives life.
2 cor 3:6 NIV

if u try to interpret the Bible by Letters or written text like Qur'an u will fail because it is a spiritual Master piece of a book. Sometimes u will need to wait on the Most High for understanding

1 Like

Re: Biblical Verses Of Killing And Terror by tola9ja: 10:10pm On Feb 13, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Ma bro, ya as dumb as buhari!

DON'T FORGET YOUR ESTATE
Re: Biblical Verses Of Killing And Terror by Ifeann(f): 11:07pm On Feb 13, 2015
[quote author=LagosShia post=9691665]

Most christains know thecontext ofthese verses. ..if your intention is to create doubt in christain minds then u are wasting ur effort... apparently u are a shia Muslim... u are not even a real Muslim. .. Yet u devote ur time to promoting the ills of the quran..
Re: Biblical Verses Of Killing And Terror by Empiree: 4:50am On Feb 14, 2015
^ Be quiet up there. What's your business with Shia. They are Muslims....so get lost. And aren't you doing exactly what you accused him of?. Look in the mirror next time before you speak
Re: Biblical Verses Of Killing And Terror by Ifeann(f): 7:58am On Feb 14, 2015
Empiree:
^ Be quiet up there. What's your business with Shia. They are Muslims....so get lost. And aren't you doing exactly what you accused him of?. Look in the mirror next time before you speak

empiree u have been dodging me. ..i have seen on several thread where u refer to me and avoid mentioning my name. ..u funny man..

i won't get lost.. and no i am not doing exact ly wht i accuse him of. i am exposing the ills of the quran and not promoting it..

have u seen my new post. ..

www.nairaland.com/2146536/mohammed-child-brides-fistula-people

be gud this weekend

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biblical Verses Of Killing And Terror by Empiree: 11:30am On Feb 14, 2015
Ifeann:

empiree u have been dodging me. ..i have seen on several thread where u refer to me and avoid mentioning my name. ..u funny man..

i won't get lost.. and no i am not doing exact ly wht i accuse him of. i am exposing the ills of the quran and not promoting it..

have u seen my new post. ..

www.nairaland.com/2146536/mohammed-child-brides-fistula-people

be gud this weekend
Avoiding you ?. The moment you acted childishly, the game was over. A serious scholarly debate is not by calling Muslims names after you are refuted and then jumped from one thread to another. I don't see wisdom in such dialogue. That's why you are ignored. Get that ?
Re: Biblical Verses Of Killing And Terror by Ifeann(f): 11:43am On Feb 14, 2015
Empiree:
Avoiding you ?. The moment you acted childishly, the game was over. A serious scholarly debate is not by calling Muslims names after you are refuted and then jumped from one thread to another. I don't see wisdom in such dialogue. That's why you are ignored. Get that ?

Wow.. Why are u like this.

U are the one who insults once ur arguments have been destroyed. You have been corrected on that several times.
Evidence of this is on several of my posts. Here is a particular thread u embarrassed urself in in your attempt to defend sex with children..and started insulting when people expressed their disgust with you.

https://www.nairaland.com/2139311/pedophilialism-islam-sickening-atheist-view

Pls empiree I have over 20topics and 500 posts discussing Islam, show me just one, JUST ONE of me insulting a muslim or addressing him with a word he was not.

(1) (Reply)

Dominion City Camp Meeting 2020 LIVE SERVICE / The Real Prophet Or Man Of God / The Jerusalem Shopkeeper's Assertion: What Really (matters In) Religion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.