Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

This Girl, 13, Recites 255 Biblical Verses Off-hand - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Girl, 13, Recites 255 Biblical Verses Off-hand (2273 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / A 12years Old Boy Recites Psalm119(176 verses) Off Hand / Biblical Verses Of Killing And Terror (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Girl, 13, Recites 255 Biblical Verses Off-hand by franctony(m): 2:39am On Oct 25, 2009
A verse in the book of Psalms of the Holy Bible states that, "Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward". This passage was made manifest in the lives of the children of the Christ Apostolic Church, Oke-Ife Agbowo district coordinating council 5, Ibadan during its children's anniversary held last week.

Little will one know that the large congregation was assembled for the children alone,as the auditorium was filled and tents have to be erected outside for members to sit. As the programme of the events progressed steadily, a 13-year old girl, Ifeoluwa Salako whose turn was to entertain the audience startled the congregation when she read the book of Acts of Apostles chapters one to seven off-hand as part of the programme to celebrate the day. The congregation was astonished at this great feat, as they begged that the little girl should not be allowed to proceed to the next chapter. Ifeoluwa was given a standing ovation after which Pastor S.O Faloye prayed for her.

The children were given the opportunity to conduct the service while their coordinators guided them. Melodious songs in various languages were sung by the children choir. At intervals, the children recited the theme of the anniversary which was taken from 1 Timothy Chapter 6 verse 6. As the anniversary opened, the children coordinator, Pastor S.A Ogungbemi gave his opening speech, emphasising the significance of the day and the importance of having children without discriminating between genders,"which ever is given by God is useful and equal before God be it male or female," he said.

Every individual at the anniversary was surprised as the children displayed their talents in different dimensions, few amongs the variety are: choreographies, debates on issues that Christain family, poems composed by them. Another variety that thrilled the congregation was the “contentment package.”

The package was an interactive one drawn from the day's theme, ”But godliness with contentment is gain”. Questions asked included: what is contentment?, why does one need to be contented?, how can one be contented? and is contentment meant for both parents and children?

Children,was the topic of the sermon taken by one of the celebrants,Samuel Oloyede who firstly expressed gratitude to God for giving this rare opportunity to preach.A closing remark was said by the chairperson of the anniversary, Mr S.A Aderounmu, who reminded all of the second coming of Jesus Christ and also admonished parents to teach their children the tenets of a Christian life so that they would not depart from them as they are their glory.

Source: http://www.tribune.com.ng/25102009/church_news2.html

the girl

Re: This Girl, 13, Recites 255 Biblical Verses Off-hand by finemocha(f): 5:18am On Oct 25, 2009
wow very impressive
Re: This Girl, 13, Recites 255 Biblical Verses Off-hand by SeanT21(f): 6:08am On Oct 25, 2009
God Bless Her.
Re: This Girl, 13, Recites 255 Biblical Verses Off-hand by Atheists: 6:35am On Oct 25, 2009
What about the who multiplication table Religion is child abuse
Re: This Girl, 13, Recites 255 Biblical Verses Off-hand by redsun(m): 8:12am On Oct 25, 2009
Brain washing.I hope the child will be able to see beyond that mist and apply her intelligence into something real.
Re: This Girl, 13, Recites 255 Biblical Verses Off-hand by ccollins(m): 2:52pm On Oct 25, 2009
Why u talkin like that God have given that little girl wisdom which no man can ever take away frm her.
Re: This Girl, 13, Recites 255 Biblical Verses Off-hand by manmustwac(m): 10:12pm On Oct 25, 2009
ccollins:

Why u talkin like that God have given that little girl wisdom which no man can ever take away frm her.
And how is reciting biblical verses going to help her progress in her life. If she had the same knowledge for IT at her age or for medicine we would know that she has a very bright future. Its brainwashing.
Re: This Girl, 13, Recites 255 Biblical Verses Off-hand by shakerz: 10:27pm On Oct 25, 2009
manmustwac:

And how is reciting biblical verses going to help her progress in her life. If she had the same knowledge for IT at her age or for medicine we would know that she has a very bright future. Its brainwashing.

Am not even Christian, but i realize that it is pretty impressive. However, your definition of brainwashing is self-defeating because children are meant to be taught and absorb knowledge. Whether you are born into an Atheistic household, agnostic or theistic a certain amount of information is adopted by the child by default. Sometimes brainwashing isnt suppose to have a negative connotation. This is why i dont take Dawkins religious brainwashing notions very seriously, considering that i have seen people who complain that as Children their parents forced Atheistic dogmas on them.

Really even simple value such as being good to people or being generous could be considered under your narrow mindset a form of brainwashing, perhaps the parents should not teach them nothing and let them walk aimlessly and blind into the world.

Just as a note, i know many Muslim Children, many at age 8 and up who have memorized the entire quran to heart. In fact, this is a tradition in the Muslim world where over 100 million people have it dedicated to heart, a tradition that has preserved the Quran throughout history
Re: This Girl, 13, Recites 255 Biblical Verses Off-hand by manmustwac(m): 10:47pm On Oct 25, 2009
@shakerz
at her tender age just 13 to be reciting 255 Biblical Verses Off-Head must take some kind of intensive indoctrination even if its applied in a subtle way by her parents . While her peers are out playing she must've spent hours upon hours day weeks months and probably years just cramming verses from the bible. Its brainwashing.
Re: This Girl, 13, Recites 255 Biblical Verses Off-hand by Tudor6(f): 11:48pm On Oct 25, 2009
@topic.
Poor girl. . . . .
Re: This Girl, 13, Recites 255 Biblical Verses Off-hand by Abuzola(m): 12:04am On Oct 26, 2009
@op- you should be ashame, by God, many 5 years old muslim memorize the entireQuran , we do not open the Quran when reciting the Quran in prayer we memorize it,
Re: This Girl, 13, Recites 255 Biblical Verses Off-hand by shakerz: 6:14am On Oct 26, 2009
manmustwac:

@shakerz
at her tender age just 13 to be reciting 255 Biblical Verses Off-Head must take some kind of intensive indoctrination even if its applied in a subtle way by her parents . While her peers are out playing she must've spent hours upon hours day weeks months and probably years just cramming verses from the bible. Its brainwashing.

Looks like the premise of my point went over your head. Everything that a child is taught under your definition is indoctrination, and sadly you place a negative connotation. The only issue i have with you is that your so narrow minded to the degree that since a particular teaching of a parent does not parallel what you believe is right, it must be automatically negative and wrong or brainwashing. For instance i can easily say that allowing the Girl to be running outside is a form of indoctrination, instead she should be inside learning how to read, or maybe she should be memorizing thousands of notes for violin or learning the intricate keys for piano, i bet you would not complain about that would you? The point is no that child is born without indoctrination, however disagreeing with a particular medium of indoctrination doesnt mean that the indoctrination is necessarily bad---

What am saying is pretty elementary, really take a class on sociology or child development and take off your blinders because i can see the anti-religion charade behind your concern for the child. Why not be honest and say that because she is taught about religion you are against it? Why not drop the false notion of brainwashing? hmm,

1 Like

Re: This Girl, 13, Recites 255 Biblical Verses Off-hand by AKO1(m): 11:38am On Oct 26, 2009
Abuzola:

@op- you should be ashame, by God, many 5 years old muslim memorize the entireQuran , we do not open the Quran when reciting the Quran in prayer we memorize it,

And so what is the difference, if any?

@Topic, what kind of horrible picture is that? undecided
Re: This Girl, 13, Recites 255 Biblical Verses Off-hand by manmustwac(m): 5:16pm On Oct 26, 2009
@shakerz
Theres a big difference between learning the bible and cramming 255 versus from the bible. Its takes a lot of time and effort to do that. It mental programming, thats what computers are for. Do you think i will ever bother to cram all 255 names and numbers in my mobile phone when all i have to do is scroll through them until i find the name and number am looking for? Is there any point in a 13 year old cramming 255 verses just to recite when she can just open the bible and read them like the vast majority of children her age?
Re: This Girl, 13, Recites 255 Biblical Verses Off-hand by bawomolo(m): 6:24pm On Oct 26, 2009
that would help her a lot for JAMB
Re: This Girl, 13, Recites 255 Biblical Verses Off-hand by chic2pimp(m): 6:32pm On Oct 26, 2009
manmustwac:

True Talk jare.

(1) (Reply)

Israel Bone Discovery Could Upset Theories Of Human Origin / You Can Now Get All Dreams Interpretation! / Where To Find A REAL Prophet Of God In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.