Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

What Business Would You Start Given Unlimited Capital? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Business Would You Start Given Unlimited Capital? (2140 Views)

If Someone Gave You 100,000 Naira To Start A Business, What Business Would You / With #200,000, What Business Would You Advice One To Go Into In Abuja / What Business Would You Start With N150,000.00 Please? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Business Would You Start Given Unlimited Capital? by raldsfield(m): 11:01pm On Mar 10, 2006
If A Bank Will Give You Enough Capital What Business Will You Start

If i could get enough capital, i will start up a construction company. I will build and sell houses.

Of course i will also build some to rent out. I love to build, i personally supervised the construction of my fathers

house. It was great funny, I was 20 at the time. I still have it as a dream, am sure it will come through some day. cheesy

What will you like to set up if you were given the money to do it.
Re: What Business Would You Start Given Unlimited Capital? by Seun(m): 2:00am On Mar 11, 2006
What is the one thing that every business-person has been complaining about? Electricity! NEPA! So I would definitely go into the power generation business if I had unlimited capital at my disposal. There's no question about it. If I go into that, I will make a lot of money to pay back the bank and at the same time satisfy the needs of millions.

The pent-up demand for absolutely reliable and cost-effective electricity supply in Nigeria is even more acute than the demand for phone services prior to 2001. With the right people investing in power generation, we are going to see a boom that is at least equal to the boom experienced in the GSM sector in the past few years! Supply of uninterrupted electric power to Nigerians? Definitely my business of choice!
Re: What Business Would You Start Given Unlimited Capital? by larger20(m): 4:09am On Mar 11, 2006
Power is a relative problem so if u want to go to power, u will need intensive capital and its gona be limited too. Powers from dams alone cannnot power the whole nigeria. that is why we are gradually trying to acquire neuclear power for"saftey" use only. But even at that, the grant to use such source is soley based on the government. I am very sure they know the solution to this and they are dealing with it as much as they can
Re: What Business Would You Start Given Unlimited Capital? by IAH(f): 8:39am On Mar 11, 2006
larger_20:

Power is a relative problem so if u want to go to power, u will need intensive capital and its gona be limited too. Powers from dams alone cannnot power the whole nigeria.

Well, If I want to go into such, I won't be looking to power the whole of Nigeria. I'd just pick 1 or 2 money hotspots like Abuja, Lagos and power those two cities. That's enough! cool At least, mobile phone netwrok companies like MTN, Glo did not start by networking the whole of Nigeria. They first started with Lagos, Abuja and gradually moved to the rest, when possible.
Re: What Business Would You Start Given Unlimited Capital? by pope: 3:44pm On Mar 11, 2006
If given the opportunity i will go for online info publishing.
Re: What Business Would You Start Given Unlimited Capital? by Onyibaby(f): 10:29pm On Mar 11, 2006
l will open a state of the art Restaurant that will have club, show girls and a whole lotta things. oh yeah Buffet style
Re: What Business Would You Start Given Unlimited Capital? by larger20(m): 11:49pm On Mar 11, 2006
IAH:

Well, If I want to go into such, I won't be looking to power the whole of Nigeria. I'd just pick 1 or 2 money hotspots like Abuja, Lagos and power those two cities. That's enough! cool At least, mobile phone netwrok companies like MTN, Glo did not start by networking the whole of Nigeria. They first started with Lagos, Abuja and gradually moved to the rest, when possible.

You can do that but expect break even to come after a very long time. UNless you expand your base to speed up your gross income. This is a capital intensive progect
Re: What Business Would You Start Given Unlimited Capital? by Seun(m): 11:56pm On Mar 11, 2006
That's wrong. There's no reason to believe that the scale of the operation has no effect on how quickly she breaks even. The larger the scale, the more you have to spend, and the more you need to make to break even. Uninterrupted electricity supply from a power plant that covers a small town or an estate would be somewhat cheaper than using a diesel generator, but more importantly it would be much more convenient and noiseless. People will gladly pay for it.
Re: What Business Would You Start Given Unlimited Capital? by oasis: 6:21am On Mar 12, 2006
Stock market.
Re: What Business Would You Start Given Unlimited Capital? by Seun(m): 7:04am On Mar 12, 2006
Huh? You have unlimited capital and all you can think of is gambling? cheesy
Re: What Business Would You Start Given Unlimited Capital? by oasis: 4:24pm On Mar 12, 2006
What is business at the end of the day?  Isn't it gambling?

Let me school you about how things work in the real world.

A company gets large enough, and offers an IPO.  It begins to offer stocks for sale.  Examples, Google, Microsoft, AT&T, etc.

If you purchase that company's stocks, you automaticallyl own a part of the company.

When that company make money, you make money.

If it loses money, you lose money.

Your task then is to forcast a market that is likely to do well in the coming months or years.

Isn't that exactly what you're doing when you establish a business?

In fact, trading stocks is less risky than establishing your business, because when one market fizzles, you can move your money quickly elsewhere, without worrying about liquidating assets.

Now compare that to establishing your own company?

If your business makes money, you make money.  If it loses money, you lose money. 

Now as a smart thinker, tell me the difference between the two: running your own business vs buying stocks in another? You're gambling either way.

Is your aim of establishing a business to make money?
Re: What Business Would You Start Given Unlimited Capital? by Seun(m): 9:57pm On Mar 12, 2006
When I run my business, I am in control of my investment, but when you trade in stocks, you are not in control. Unless you are rich enough to buy a major percentage of each company you invest in - like Warren Buffet. Control is the difference. What is the difference between being a footballer and gambling baseed on the results of football matches? Control! When you have little or no control over the outcome of your investment, you are gambling. I would never gamble with borrowed money.

Anyway, let's stop this side argument and return to the topic. Continue with this search.
Re: What Business Would You Start Given Unlimited Capital? by oasis: 11:25pm On Mar 12, 2006
What kind of control?

We're talking about investment here.

You contradict yourself when you say that Unless you are rich enough to buy a major percentage of each company you invest in . I thought the topic said I'd have unlimited capital?
Re: What Business Would You Start Given Unlimited Capital? by Seun(m): 3:04am On Mar 13, 2006
Ok, so you are going to be buying up companies. That one is a good business. Cheers!
Re: What Business Would You Start Given Unlimited Capital? by outlaws(m): 7:28am On Jan 02, 2008
Set up luxury car business in every major Nig. city, BMW, LEXUS, ETC. Will sell themat low price with hope of sending the white men car dealers back to their nation.
Re: What Business Would You Start Given Unlimited Capital? by emmadeiza(m): 5:49pm On Jan 01, 2010
I will invest it in farming. I will establish a farm bigger dan obj own. I will build storage facilities 4 tubers, grains, fruits and vegetables.
Re: What Business Would You Start Given Unlimited Capital? by Authenticnora(f): 5:50pm On Dec 17, 2013
I will open a fashion house, I have passion for fashion. since am very good at designing english wears, I used this opportunity and prove to other countries that nigeria can equally design cloths that are of the same quality with theirs. But this doesn't make sense, since one can hardly find financial help, or even someone that is willing to invest in him. it's really unfortunate that that good talents are wasting due to lack of support.

(1) (Reply)

600 Square Meters Of Land For Sale / Would You Like To Buy And Sell Digital Products In Nigeria? / I Can't Open My Perfectmoney Account,,,,plz Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.