Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,505 members, 7,854,152 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:40 AM

Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison (6254 Views)

I Would ‘ve Joined Boko Haram – Ex-military Gov, Onoja / 'Name The Criminals' - National Assembly Spokesperson To OBJ / Ibb, Buhari, Atiku Are The Major Sponsor Of Boko Haram - Ex Boko Haram Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by naptu2: 10:13pm On Dec 06, 2011
@ Texazzpete: I believe you are probably right. My view is that there has been a split in Boko Haram. There's the Boko Haram that's waging a campaign over domestic issues (right to live and worship as they want, local politics, etc) and there's the more dangerous Boko Haram group that is in league with Al Qaeda and Al Shabab. I do not think this spokesperson has anything to do with the second group.
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by Starlett: 10:54pm On Dec 06, 2011
Am really shocked at this slap-on-the-wrist sentencing. But what do U expect? From the moment they slapped the guy with lame charges such as criminal intimidation and sending of threatening text messages, I knew he was a long way away from a long sentence, life in jail or even the big one.

Perhaps SSS didnt just get the right guy. This guy's value lies in the facts he can provide the investigation with. Let's see how the FG plays this one,
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by purplekayc(m): 11:19pm On Dec 06, 2011
this sucks !too linient
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by oge4real(f): 12:10am On Dec 07, 2011
Shame on all the wigs in Nigeria.
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by musiwa43: 12:21am On Dec 07, 2011
i dont know about this. I think the north will feel that it is unfair knowing that MEND and other niger delta group in nigeria are walking free after blowing up govt installation and kidnap. Not only that they are using tax payers money to fly around the world and given good training.

I think, we should look at the issue of Boko haram careful. they say they want their own country. I dont see anything wrong in that. If I was pesident of nigeria, I will give them their own country. I dont think anyone want to be a minority in any country.

I think nigeria should call a conference and discuss national issue.  And given monthly allowance to MEND and locking up Boko haram in jail look unfair. but killing people is not the solution to the problem . The rest of Nigerian feel it is unfair to give Jonathan Goodluck people monthly allowance while the rest of nigeria youth dont get anything.

To be fair to all, it is better to stop given monthly allowance to MEND. because nigeria cant affort it like the west. the west have a good system unlike nigeria.

look Jonathan Goodluck read fishing. The fishing industry world wide is 500 billion dollar business instead of given MEND allowance. He could teach them how to fish commercially. That way, they can have a business. Now that he train MEND to be pilot. Will Jonathan Goodluck buy Plane for each members of MEND. NO. Nobody will give ex MEND member plane .  

You see oil will come and go. But fishing will remain in that area. So the need for training this boys  commercial fishing. ibru family were involve in fishing. See where they got into.
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by OneNaira6: 12:22am On Dec 07, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked Three years? scammers and thieves get 20 years or more in prison and Boko haram's get 3 years?  mschewww
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by musiwa43: 12:24am On Dec 07, 2011
MEND got zero years, that is the point I am making. That the north will feel it is unfair.
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by adamabdul: 5:45am On Dec 07, 2011
texazzpete:

And how exactly can you say with 100% certainty that i'm incorrect. We do not know for sure if this guy was ever a Boko Haram spokesman or if he ever assumed the persona of Abu Qaqa. What we can safely say is that Konduga's statement painted a picture of a relatively benign gang (compared to the real Boko Haram) whose crimes were never in the same league as a suicide bombing of the UN building.

Remember that Konduga NEVER claimed he'd ever used the Abu Qaqa identity. He claimed to have called himself 'Al Zawahiri', remember?

As long as Nigerians do not realize that it's a long way from 'stop Modu Sherrif and ANPP folks from reclaiming power' to driving a honda CR-V into the lobby of the UN building in Abuja, we'll still remain foolish!  Hear the words of the so-called 'spokesman'

Umar, who spoke through an interpreter, explained that members of the group had a good working relationship with former Governor Sheriff, of the All Nigeria People’s Party (ANPP) until he fell out with the group after sacking a member of the group from his cabinet, a commissioner, who was later  murdered.

According to him, “Usman Al-Zawahiri is not my real name; it was given to me to portray me as an extremist and as well to conceal my true identity. We were political thugs to former Governor Sheriff until the relationship went sour. We switched over to the late Ambassador Pinda, who promised me N10 million to work for his political party, the PDP, in Borno State during the last elections.

What possible link would self-proclaimed political thugs have with suicide bombers?

+100
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by deboski4u: 8:18am On Dec 07, 2011
am surprised how people reason out of point, what is the concern of SSS with the magistrate rulling. SSS has done their work, it is now left for the court to do theirs. people shold listen to themself before talking or writing, while not go back and check Blueprint or blue point paper and see how many times this konduga wrote on Boko Haram to the media house. please, nairalanders sgould give us correct info.
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by naptu2: 8:26am On Dec 07, 2011
The SSS arrests someone and charges him to court. The charge sheet specifies the offence he is being charged with. The prosecution tenders their evidence and the defence tenders its evidence. The judge is going to base his ruling on the charge against the accused and the evidence provided. He is not going to invent a charge, neither will he invent evidence. Note also that in this case, the spokesperson "confessed".
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by mentorken05(m): 8:51am On Dec 07, 2011
3 yrs z too small for a terrorist
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by naptu2: 8:54am On Dec 07, 2011
The SSS should have done a better job.
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by jascon1(m): 9:25am On Dec 07, 2011
our government is a gang of pedophiles, ashawo, molesters, ritualists, terrorists and gay ppl. yerima didnt get to serve a day. 10yrs penalty for same-sex marriage.lol. 3 yrs to a TERRORISTS(murderer who has wasted many souls) public fund embezzlers go free.
make i sing fela
"i sorry sorry oh! i sorry sorry oh! i sorry sorry oh, for 9ja!
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by kufreabasi(m): 9:56am On Dec 07, 2011
Please someone should tell the so-called chief judge that i said he is a brain behind all the mishap in this nation nigeria. He should either resign he forfeit his life on that seat. Imagine someone that has wasted a lot of innocence souls for no just cause been given a three years jail term, for what? Automatically, he is telling us here in this nation that you can kill anyhow, then the court under his canopy can set the culprit free. He is a thief, a killer, a terrorist, a nation destroy leading people astray, encouraging corruption at all level.
As, that criminal terrorist case must be revisited.
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by HAH: 10:11am On Dec 07, 2011
The truth is that konduga has been an sss agent all this while for those that follow book haram releases there was a time they said he is an impostor and they don't know him and are looking for him . All of a sudden this guy that was severally disown by book haram is captured by the sss and less than 1 week of his capture he has started singing like a parrot and all he mentioned are politicians in the oppostion in Borno. Since he is the PRO he should tell nigerians where his other esco members are. To butress my pzoint this guy is now just sentenced to 3years not in prison but in sss custody his probanale employers who knows may be this guy will be somewhere abroad enjoying.Nigerian government are really playing with gire

The sss is really being used as political tool while the real book haram is operating without hindrance.
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 07, 2011
U people are crying foul when u should be praying that Ndume should be convicted if he is guilty.

Pray against ndume's charges becoming a PDP affair.
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by eros(m): 11:26am On Dec 07, 2011
Nigeria oh Nigeria!!!
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by sammirano: 2:57pm On Dec 07, 2011
Nigeria is not a country, as it is obvious that the leaders are afraid to take decisions.
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 07, 2011
lol grin

INSTEAD OF DEATH BY STONE lol grin
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by GChux1: 7:56am On Dec 08, 2011
That's why I love the Chinese. They'd have locked his butt forever in jail or saw his monkey-ass head off. Just three years? Naija please,
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by musiwa43: 8:06am On Dec 08, 2011
I disagree with you. You see, nairaland edit post.  So will the nigeria court be allow to use nairaland posting and send them to jail. Nairaland is a fraud website , run by con artist. If a nigerian post on nairaland , will a court now use it to jail them. It is not possible.

You see telephone companies too , can edit text message . I am telling you as an engineer. So judges should be careful.

Nairaland is a fraud website. That they want people to buy 40 plot in Ikeja,  there are no 40 plot in Ikeja.  what does that tell you about nairaland.

So what I am saying is that the SSS should look if this text was edit. the telephone companies have power to remove edit too.

Most nigerian think Jonathan Goodluck is an unfair president. who is bias toward other nigerian. It is not possible to continue to give MEND or any group allowance. when other group committed the same crime. It show unfairness. And there is the need to stop given mend sure money. training is the best.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbos And Yorubas Must Make Peace In 2017 On Nairaland. / EFCC Questions Pius Anyim Over ₦750 Million Fraud / Goodluck Jonathan Is Traitor, Aso Rock Cabals React To Ticket Rejection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.