Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? (9216 Views)

Poll: Are We?

Yes: 57% (63 votes)
No: 42% (46 votes)
This poll has ended

See The 3 Things Nigerians Got Wrong About Oshiomhole’s Wife / What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? / Sadest Places To Live On Earth, Why Forbes May Be Wrong About Nigeria [picture] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 07, 2011
i did not vote gej and also do not support most of his policies, my question is are we blinded by well, hate or whatever that we don't or can not see when or what he is doing right or is he just really doing everything wrong?

how fast (if possible) can he really fix decades of decay?
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by aljharem3: 12:13am On Dec 07, 2011
Maybe yes maybe No. We cannot tell yet

As of now, he is our president and we have to give him all the support we can as a good citizen of our country.

Also we have to pray that God gives him wisdom and strength to resist temptation and do the right thing in fairness and just.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by circus: 12:43am On Dec 07, 2011
Nothing good comes out of pdp,GEJ or not therez no better candidate in that party and am praying he disappoints me cos I never voted for them.So their disappointment is gonna mean a good thing for Nigeria
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by igbo2011(m): 3:47am On Dec 07, 2011
GEJ is a good house boy for Hilary Clinton and Barack Obama. Buhari would have been a field negro and rebelled.

Then NATO would have made a reason to go into Nigeria sad
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by jonuel: 1:35pm On Dec 07, 2011
Many of you cant even lead a small group and you come out here to condemn. Look @ some1 praying for anoda man's downfall. which God are you praying to?
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by proffmanue(m): 1:41pm On Dec 07, 2011
Nigeria has been a failed state since time immemorial, u don't expect things to be fixed over night, let us judge GEJ after his tenure, give him space to breath fresh air.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Pukkah: 1:43pm On Dec 07, 2011
circus:

Nothing good comes out of pdp,GEJ or not therez no better candidate in that party and am praying he disappoints me cos I never voted for them.So their disappointment is gonna mean a good thing for Nigeria

What does this mean? How do you expect him to disappoint you? Is it by performing or non-performing?
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by jonuel: 1:44pm On Dec 07, 2011
@proffmanue , u on point.  our pple are so impatient and want a sudden turn-around over night
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Abuse: 1:45pm On Dec 07, 2011
YES. Nigerians will regret their actions, QUOTE ME.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:46pm On Dec 07, 2011
they say, we are wrong by allowing North and their friends BOKO HARAM to be mess up GEJ WONDERFUL ADMINISTRATION cool cool cool cool
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by crissmac: 1:48pm On Dec 07, 2011
the truth of the matter is that he has good intentions for the nation but the implementation of his intention is an entirely different keetle of fish. but i know that he will plesantly surprise us.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by ochukoccna: 1:49pm On Dec 07, 2011
Jonathan lacks vision,he does not inspire confidence,he talks from both sides of the mouth,his intellectual capacity is best suited for been a councillor in a backwater state like Bayelsa not a high stakes nation like 9ja. It is not that 9ja has many problems,dude has no clue on what to do.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by jonuel: 1:49pm On Dec 07, 2011
GEJ is a peace-loving person from what i can see. If he was harsh like OBJ, we all will shout at the top of our voice. BH is a tool to distract him and discredit his admin so at the end of the day we all will crucify him. Lets pray for Him and his cabinet for wisdom.

Shikena!
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by zobay(m): 1:53pm On Dec 07, 2011

Many of you cant even lead a small group and you come out here to condemn. Look @ some1 praying for anoda man's downfall. which God are you praying to?
. Pls read the guy stuff well b4 attacking him now besides he's entitle to his opinion.

It is only 1 9ja president that i appreciate during his tenure and after-+vely and otherwise.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by snthesis(m): 1:53pm On Dec 07, 2011
DivideUs:

how fast (if possible) can he really fix decades of decay?

sum1 is finally reasoning properly, GEJ tenure jst started and see the giant strides he has taken despite the many distractions and deliberate sabotage-d guy dey move steadily and surely.- "you think , plan before you act"
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by ochukoccna: 1:53pm On Dec 07, 2011
Jonathan lacks vision,he does not inspire confidence,he talks from both sides of the mouth,his intellectual capacity is best suited for been a councillor in a backwater state like Bayelsa not a high stakes nation like 9ja. It is not that 9ja has many problems,dude has no clue on what to do as the morning tells the day and he's still dithering after 23 months.Does he need eternity?
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by chuks49(m): 1:58pm On Dec 07, 2011
Nigeria jaga jaga
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by lafuria1(m): 2:00pm On Dec 07, 2011
So long as u see gej diff 4rm pdp u wud continue 2 have hope. Gej=pdp. Am 5% optimistic Even pple in russia are votin against rulin party of v.putin.
Yes gej cant solve prblm overnite but his policies gives us hint of d direction he wants 2 take. He promised alot and time is going, 3yrs is nt 30yrs.
Can someone tell me wats gej's top priorities are? After 3yrs nw, i wud hear continuity as d new campaign words.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by richy5(m): 2:20pm On Dec 07, 2011
I swear that fuckin mumu you call mister goodluck can do nothing dan Bleep all youth.he is eleribu**
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:21pm On Dec 07, 2011
Its barely 1 year in office, why dont we just give him a chance. So far so good if you ask me.

Its just that the decay is so far gone that it would be hard for us to start appreciating any of his policies just yet. What we should start praying for is continuity.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by bdman: 2:26pm On Dec 07, 2011
my fellow 9ja no hope in him
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by snthesis(m): 2:26pm On Dec 07, 2011
la furia:

So long as u see gej diff 4rm pdp u wud continue 2 have hope. Gej=pdp. Am 5% optimistic Even pple in russia are votin against rulin party of v.putin.
Yes gej cant solve prblm overnite but his policies gives us hint of d direction he wants 2 take. He promised alot and time is going, 3yrs is nt 30yrs.
Can someone tell me wats gej's top priorities are? After 3yrs nw, i wud hear continuity as d new campaign words.

undecided

Okija_juju:

Its barely 1 year in office, why dont we just give him a chance. So far so good if you ask me.

Its just that the decay is so far gone that it would be hard for us to start appreciating any of his policies just yet. What we should start praying for is continuity.
hahaha!!!
sum1 is already campaigning grin grin
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by rolchi(m): 2:31pm On Dec 07, 2011
@richy:

I swear that fuckin mumu you call mister goodluck can do nothing dan bleep all youth.he is eleribu**

This na smlla pikcin sense
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Pukkah: 2:44pm On Dec 07, 2011
@richy:

I swear that fuckin mumu you call mister goodluck can do nothing dan bleep all youth.he is eleribu**

Must you comment?
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by richy5(m): 2:49pm On Dec 07, 2011
@snthesis u no say praying for badluck will coz una many failure.i will urge u say mk u pray 4 yaself if u don't want to catch virus
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Beaf: 2:50pm On Dec 07, 2011
In the first place, it is wrong to insult a sitting President, he represents every Nigerian, so those who needlessly insult him think nothing of disrespecting themselves. Perhaps, because they amount to little that can be respected. Atiku, Ciroma, Kaita, IBB and the other members of the bat and vulture gang started the the ball of insults rolling, but it is easy to see what they represent.

Most of those who abuse GEJ, only do it because they themselves feel inadequate or because they are ill-bred, mannerless pieces of dung best avoided by the sane; the rest do it because they think it is a cool fad, but it isn't cool to be an immoral scarab rolling shiit around.

No Nigerian President has ever accomplished as much as GEJ has in such a short time; his tenure promises to turn the country around. It is only natural that the forces of previous times will be angry.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by richy5(m): 2:52pm On Dec 07, 2011
@pukkah wetin concern u.I fink u run , crazy@rolchi i fink u too get virus for head.?
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by kurus: 2:57pm On Dec 07, 2011
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by splashbaby(m): 3:01pm On Dec 07, 2011
Revolution looms,
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by mjconcept(m): 3:07pm On Dec 07, 2011
Take it or leave it Gej is trying,not 100% oo but a considerable percent.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by badmrkt(m): 3:12pm On Dec 07, 2011
With GEJ i see a promising future,perhaps he is the messiah we've been praying for.
give him some times and see how he'll fix things the right way.
in GEJ we trust,
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by chimaike: 3:27pm On Dec 07, 2011
mjconcept:

Take it or leave it Gej is trying,not 100% oo but a considerable percent.

Sure, i concur with you. He needs and deserve time, before we judge him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

History Of Revenue Allocation In Nigeria / Adamu Song Says Atiku Is Only Strong In National Politics, Not In Adamawa / No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.