Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,278 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day (2609 Views)

A Timeline Of Sectarian Terrorism Against Shia Muslims / The Women Of Karbala: Keeping Imam Hussain's Message Alive / Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day by LagosShia: 9:59am On Dec 07, 2011
[size=14pt]SHIA MUSLIM BROTHERS FROM THE IGBO ETHNIC GROUP WERE MOURNING FOR IMAM HUSSAIN (as) IN THE KANO PROCESSION ON ASHURA DAY,WHICH COMMEMORATES THE MARTYRDOM OF IMAM HUSSAIN (as)![/size]   cry  cry  cry  cry  cry

[img]http://www.abna.ir/a/uploads//162%5C8%5C162815.jpg[/img]
(the annual commemoration was held yesterday)

you can see more pictures from Kano and other world cities and news around the world from here:

http://www.abna.ir/data.asp?lang=3&id=282492
Re: Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day by Onyocha: 2:32pm On Dec 07, 2011
Masha'Allah!
Thank God for the fact that my Igbo brothers who are Muslims are following true Islam (Shia) of Imam Hussein (as) and not the so called Islam promoted by tyrants and unjust rulers.
Re: Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day by LagosShia: 9:33pm On Dec 07, 2011
Alhamdulillah!
Re: Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day by LagosShia: 11:50pm On Dec 07, 2011
"Every Day Is Ashura And Every Land Is Karbala"
Re: Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day by bashydemy(m): 2:38am On Dec 08, 2011
Alhamdulillah! Alhamdulillah!! Alhamdulillah!!!
Re: Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day by tpia5: 11:29am On Dec 08, 2011
^Take it easy plz.

And btw shouldnt this be in muslim section.
Re: Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day by bashydemy(m): 11:59am On Dec 08, 2011
^^And what section are we? Religion section oga
Re: Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day by juman(m): 1:59pm On Jan 28, 2012
Wonderful and good.
Re: Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 28, 2012
Onyocha:

Masha'Allah!
Thank God for the fact that my Igbo brothers who are Muslims are following true Islam (Shia) of Imam Hussein (as) and not the so called Islam promoted by tyrants and unjust rulers.

So Sunnism is not the true ISLAM grin

1 Like

Re: Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day by LagosShia: 2:12pm On Jan 28, 2012
frosbel:

So Sunnism is not the true ISLAM grin

please brothers ignore this evil fitna-monger.

he is miserable and i am sure where he is right now he is terrified at the sight of his igbo brothers seeing the truth of Islam and leaving the traditions of ritual killing,armed robbery,kidnapping and the like of evil actions the others among them dwell in.
Re: Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day by olasesi(m): 3:13pm On Jan 28, 2012
I am a Muslim who understands the basics of his religion.
I am also someone who thinks the laws of Islam should be from the Quran
But not until recently,I never heard of the word"Shia."
I hear they believe Aisha was a prostitute(a'uudhzu billah) and so was abu bakr
As said above, i am a Muslim who seeks to understand his religion better
I can't boast of having read the all the books of the Hadith,but the few parts that I av read point to nothing of such
An event that can be referred to by the shallow minded is the event when the jewelry of Aisha was found in the bag of one of the companion.
And she has already been cleared off this.
The Quran attests to that
And unless the Shias don't accuse Aisha of prostitution,I think u should explain
And also,is Hussien, the grandson of the prophet any degree higher than all other companions
because I notice that imam hussien is always mentioned among the Shia more often than prophet mohammed(the website from which u got the picture attests to that.i almost couldnt find the name of the prophet xcept ones or twice ) just like hazrat gulam Ahmad is very much revered among the ahmadis .
U hear words like "the hussien of our Karbala"
Re: Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day by Judek2(m): 7:09pm On Jan 28, 2012
Those women looking so deppressed like intimidated slaves.

Wish they even had a choice.
Re: Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day by LagosShia: 7:16pm On Jan 28, 2012
olasesi:

I hear they believe Aisha was a LovePeddler(a'uudhzu billah) and so was abu bakr
Aisha was not a an adultress.she was absolve of the allegation in the Quran.we hold the chastity of the "mothers of the believers" high.Aisha is only disliked for disobeying the command of the Prophet (sa) and waging war against Imam Ali (as).also,her character with the Prophet (sa) was not exemplary.

Abu bakr,her father,was the usurper of the caliphate.

As said above, i am a Muslim who seeks to understand his religion better
you are most welcome.

And unless the Shias don't accuse Aisha of prostitution,I think u should explain
we dont.

And also,is Hussien, the grandson of the prophet any degree higher than all other companions
yes.he is the third divinely appointed Imam and the 3rd rightly successor of the Prophet (sa).among companions we love the righteous ones and we dislike or oppose the bad ones.

because I notice that imam hussien is always mentioned among the Shia more often than prophet mohammed(the website from which u got the picture attests to that.
not true.certainly the love for Hussain (as) is love for Muhammad (sa).the Prophet (sa) said:"Hussain is from me,and I am from Hussain".

i almost couldnt find the name of the prophet xcept ones or twice ) just like hazrat gulam Ahmad is very much revered among the ahmadis .
U hear words like "the hussien of our Karbala"

it is not the same as the herectic Mirza Ghulam Ahmad.Imam Hussain (as) is the grandson of the Prophet first of all and loving the near ones of the Prophet (sa) is made obligatory in the Quran even if you dont believe in the doctrine of imamate as we Shia do.
Re: Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day by LagosShia: 7:18pm On Jan 28, 2012
Judek2:

Those women looking so deppressed like intimidated slaves.

Wish they even had a choice.

which women are you talking about?

the picture in the OP is not of women.hope your eye sight is okay.
Re: Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 28, 2012
LagosShia:

please brothers ignore this evil fitna-monger.

he is miserable and i am sure where he is right now he is terrified at the sight of his igbo brothers seeing the truth of Islam and leaving the traditions of ritual killing,armed robbery,kidnapping and the like of evil actions the others among them dwell in.

But they are not killing women and children in their hundreds , talk about kidnapping , surely they must have copied it from you since in the middle east this is one of their trade marks , right  cheesy
Re: Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day by LagosShia: 7:21pm On Jan 28, 2012
frosbel:

But they are not killing women and children in their hundreds , talk about kidnapping , surely they must have copied it from you since in the middle east this is one of their trade marks , right cheesy
ehen,frosbel,i'm still expecting your comment about the picture of your igbo brother in the OP.

please give us your thought.
Re: Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day by tpia5: 9:29pm On Jan 30, 2012
Its quite possible the igbos in the picture no longer go home and might not even consider themselves igbo anymore.

Some northern tribes do bear a resemblance with igbos- who knows how that came about.

Just guessing here.

But i think an islamic procession of igbos in kano, has to have more to the story than what we're being told so far.

Unless they're doing whatever it is they're involved in, for a reason.
Re: Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day by LagosShia: 10:41pm On Jan 30, 2012
tpia@:

Its quite possible the igbos in the picture no longer go home and might not even consider themselves igbo anymore.

Some northern tribes do bear a resemblance with igbos- who knows how that came about.

Just guessing here.

But i think an islamic procession of igbos in kano, has to have more to the story than what we're being told so far.

Unless they're doing whatever it is they're involved in, for a reason.

i know it hurts! so stop guessing because it would only make you look very foolish and confused.

so other tribes dressed in igbo attire for an islamic procession is you guess.LOL cheesy
Re: Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day by tpia5: 11:26pm On Jan 30, 2012
^stop being in such a hurry to type on your keyboard wink

you totally misread my post.
Re: Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day by deols(f): 1:04pm On Jan 31, 2012
Beating your chest and feeling so sad over someone's death is not a practice the prophet Muhammad taught us. Going on pilgrimage is only to makkah and the prophet didnt order it for elsewhwere until shiites started going to Iraq(as shown by lagosshia some days ago). I implore Muslims to follow the true tenets of Islam. No one could have known Islam better than the prophet and his pious predecessors. I hope Allah shines our path and guide us all to the right path.
Re: Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day by ShiaMuslim: 1:57pm On Jan 31, 2012
deols:

Beating your chest and feeling so sad over someone's death is not a practice the prophet Muhammad taught us.
Imam Hussain (as) is not "someone".have you ever wondered to ask yourself why the Prophet (sa) said the following words:"Hussain is from me,and I am from Hussain".we can understand if the Prophet (sa) says Hussain (as) is from him.but how is the Prophet (sa) from Hussain (as)? figuret out!

before the event took place in Karbala,the Prophet (sa) cried and mourned for Imam Hussain (as).also,in the hadith the Day of Ashura is given special attention.i believe it is sunnah to feel sad on that day for Imam Hussain (as).if you dont,then you obviously dont care!

the Prophet (sa) was given the soil of Karbala before the martyrdom of Imam Hussain (as).he left it with his wife Umm Salamah (ra).he told her on the day she observe the soil turns red,that would be the day Imam Hussain (as) is martyred.the people of Medinah knew about the martyrdom of Imam Hussain (as) before the news came from Karbala.

these are not stories i made up.they are found in sunni books.

and Allah knows best!

on pilgrimage is only to makkah and the prophet didnt order it for elsewhwere until shiites started going to Iraq(as shown by lagosshia some days ago). I implore Muslims to follow the true tenets of Islam. No one could have known Islam better than the prophet and his pious predecessors. I hope Allah shines our path and guide us all to the right path.

Shia only make pilgrimage (hajj) to Makkah.the visit to Karbala is translated in english as "pilgrimage" but the correct word is "Ziyara" which means "visitation".pilgrimage to Makkah in arabic is "hajj".

visiting the holy places where the Imams (as) are buried and martyred as the case with Karbala is recommended to show respect,and love for the Ahlul-Bayt (as).

so please dont start what you cannot end here.dont come in sheep's clothing telling us to follow the tenets of Islam,as if we are following the tenets of buddhism.if you dont do certain things either out of ignorance or not seen the need for,then that is your business.i dont think that gives you right to lecture anyone.
Re: Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day by Judek2(m): 2:04pm On Jan 31, 2012
LagosShia:

which women are you talking about?

the picture in the OP is not of women.hope your eye sight is okay.

The women,I'm more concerned about.
They look so finished like one bearing the boarding of a third or fourth wife of an Islamic morole,under severe beating.

Thats if I believe they are Igbos still, they may not have gotten much chance though.
Re: Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day by LagosShia: 2:15pm On Jan 31, 2012
Judek2:

The women,I'm more concerned about.
They look so finished like one bearing the boarding of a third or fourth wife of an Islamic morole,under severe beating.

Thats if I believe they are Igbos still, they may not have gotten much chance though.

where did you see women?
Re: Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day by Judek2(m): 12:19pm On Feb 01, 2012
LagosShia:

where did you see women?

Do those figures in the pic. with head ties look like men? tongue
Re: Shia Muslims From The Igbo Race Mourn For Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Day by Rafidi: 9:21am On Nov 26, 2012
From this year's procession in Kano that took place yesterday

(1) (Reply)

Stoning Satan Is Satanic / Status Of The Noble Companions / Is Islam Monotheistic Paganism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.