Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

When Is The Right Time To Get Married? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Is The Right Time To Get Married? (8590 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? / When Is The Right Time To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by yomz1e(m): 4:15pm On Dec 08, 2011
@ Olalekan! dem plenty for UK, their husband has become gbewu dani!
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by ng4am(f): 4:25pm On Dec 08, 2011
@ayolinger, i dont knw what courtship means to u. To me is nt dating. It means preparation for marriage, not wedding oh
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 08, 2011
I love this "It is not about age, it is about maturity and when you can afford to take care of a home or a wife . . . . When you are able to forgive without being apologized to, and once you have stop being selfish". Its just the summary to what Marriage entails. . .
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by obowunmi(m): 5:13pm On Dec 08, 2011
When you find the one

When you have a job with good pay

When you can take care of others including yourself

Stop being selfish, can forgive, You are in good health
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by Fhemmmy: 5:20pm On Dec 08, 2011
~Bluetooth:

I wonder how a jobless guy should get married at 23 only to heap the responsibility on his parent.Most of them may have actually got the lady pregnant by mistake only to be forced to do one small engagement and live together.Apart from money,being actually ready at the right time is also important.

I said not about age, cos many people think cos they are 30 years of age, it is time to marry, and i say not true, there are some things a man or a woman needs to achieve first.
So it is not about age . . . . there are many 23 year of age that are well to do, yet have no knowledge of what it takes to make a home sweet.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by Ideyontop: 5:21pm On Dec 08, 2011
odunnu how can i reach you?
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by shumno(f): 5:27pm On Dec 08, 2011
@poster I am a female not bros thanks.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by love4ual: 5:47pm On Dec 08, 2011
then in olden days marriage lasts, the times may have changed but the rules are still the same,
for me i am going to the village to marry,

i know someone would say that it has nothing to do with the village
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by eros(m): 6:01pm On Dec 08, 2011
The right time to get married is when you are matured and emotionally stable enough to tolerate your wife/husband's most annoying attitude and behaviour.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by eros(m): 6:03pm On Dec 08, 2011
love4ual:

then in olden days marriage lasts, the times may have changed but the rules are still the same,
for me i am going to the village to marry,

i know someone would say that it has nothing to do with the village

Bros you will be so disappointed when you get to the village, because those local babes don step up their game.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by love4ual: 6:10pm On Dec 08, 2011
or a woman i suggest the ages of 21-28 and for the man i suggest 27 to 35yrs of age,
but in nija the major reason why many guys and ladies are not married is because the guys have not made the money, there is so much poverty in the country and even those that do have a job don't make enough,

many girls would never marry a guy who is still living with his parents and who makes less than less than N20,000 a month

for the girl is a risk and a problem at the same time and you do not blame them, this means that the girls can say that they have never found the right person,

while marriage would never be totally based on finance, it is extremely important in marriage and if the woman that you marry eventually starts making more money than you, you as the man is in trouble even when your wife is a practicing christian,

if you are a believing christian and you are a not married from 27yrs, the truth is that you are bound to comit fonication sooner or later because i do not know how you can run away from that, so the best thing is, if you want to remain a dedicated believer to God , as God bless you financially and you will definitely marry and not to be giving excuses that you have not found the right person
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by dayokanu(m): 6:57pm On Dec 08, 2011
love4ual:

or a woman i suggest the ages of 21-28 and for the man i suggest 27 to 35yrs of age,
but in nija the major reason why many guys and ladies are not married is because the guys have not made the money, there is so much poverty in the country and even those that do have a job don't make enough,

many girls would never marry a guy who is still living with his parents and [size=18pt]who makes less than less than N20,000 a month[/size]
for the girl is a risk and a problem at the same time and you do not blame them, this means that the girls can say that they have never found the right person,

while marriage would never be totally based on finance, it is extremely important in marriage and if the woman that you marry eventually starts making more money than you, you as the man is in trouble even when your wife is a practicing christian,

if you are a believing christian and you are a not married from 27yrs, the truth is that you are bound to comit fonication sooner or later because i do not know how you can run away from that, so the best thing is, if you want to remain a dedicated believer to God , as God bless you financially and you will definitely marry and not to be giving excuses that you have not found the right person

20,000 naira cant even sustain a single 18yr old boy in a month
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by chuksme(m): 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2011
love4ual  I support your speech. you have said it all, from my own point of view.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by senator2b: 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2011
The right time for marriage is different for each person and unique to each situation. Maturity levels and life experiences are varying factors; some people are ready for marriage at 18, and some are never prepared for it. A strong foundation is imperative for a successful marriage and should be settled before one even begins to date or court a potential life mate.We must have a personal relationship with God that comes only through trusting in and obeying Jesus Christ. We must educate ourselves about marriage, seeking God's view on it, before diving in. A person must know what the Bible says about love, commitment, sexual relations, the role of a husband and wife, and His expectations of us before committing to marriage. Having at least one Christian married couple as a role model is also important. An older couple can answer questions about what goes into a successful marriage.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by ziccoit: 8:30pm On Dec 08, 2011
Marriage is all about having enough ability to tolerate your partner's deficits. Year of courtship and age at marriage do not really matter. You need to understand that in 99.9% of cases there are always sharp deviations between what you observe before a marriage and the reality after you tie the knot.
You need to be really strong in mind to get it perfectly right after your marriage.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by showstopa: 8:49pm On Dec 08, 2011
Randyorton
I can bet my car you will not marry a lady younger than 27 and if you do she is already miserable.

Bros /Sis U think like ur brain is made out of solidified poo
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by omomakun: 8:52pm On Dec 08, 2011
There really isn't a "Perfect" Right Time, because everybody is different. A person could be ready to be married at 18yrs, 30yrs or even 40yrs, it really depends.
But then again because a person "feels" like its the "right time" to get ready doesn't necessarily mean the person is fit for marriage. Some people get caught up in the fantasy of  having a wedding and being married, but once their expectations fall short, they want to bail out, that's where real maturity should come in.

I noticed some ppl stated that their grandparents/parents got married at a young age, my mother got married when she was 23, which till today I feel she was too young, but hey, that's my opinion. My parents are still married and going strong. The difference between our grandparents/parents generation and ours is that our generation is a "Microwave" generation, We want things FAST, FAST, FAST! There's lack of patience, understanding and tolerance. We want what we see on TV, but don't want to work hard or long for it, Unfortunately our generation seems to get married later into our 20's and 30's when we're done we school and are top of our career goals. It's not a bad thing, but i honestly think along the way you should "shine your eyes" and look for a life partner, so that you don't end up being married to you job/business.

The longer you wait to get a life partner, the more you'll be set in your ways and  the less tolerant, understanding and patient you'll be, that's just the fact.

Its better to be with someone that you can build an empire with, than someone who already has an empire and you're more or less another trophy on their shelf/ another notch on their belt. When you build together, you tend to appreciate each other better. Both parties should always have something to bring to the table. Even if you're not making that  million bucks salary you've been dreaming of, doesn't mean that you're not ready to get married, but if you're financially comfortable and you can live withing your means you should be fine, pls don't get me wrong o both parties should be financially stable enough that when both your resources are put together it amounts to something substantial

The right time to get married will have to be when an individual is willing to let someone into their life, be responsible (emotionally, spiritually, financially) for that person and be willing to tolerate that person come rain or shine. Now the fact of the matter is that when a person reaches that level of thinking varies,
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by Lobi(f): 9:37pm On Dec 08, 2011
i think the ryt time to get married is when u are emotionally matured,financially stable as a man
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by delpee(f): 11:02pm On Dec 08, 2011
It seems that on the average women mature faster than men. A 23 year old man is hardly on the same level with a 23 year old woman. Many women who marry young and are able to keep their homes are married to men who are older than them. There are cases of soul mates though, who grow in love from teenage years and are able to sustain it for life.

IMO a man should marry when hes matured enough to handle his emotions, is ready to face up to his responsibility of being the head of the household (not only financial) and he has a woman who he can trust as a friend, sister, lover and mother of his children. Unfortunately if you wait till you are successful and over 30, its more difficult to assess those who come your way. Money beclouds issues and pretense is the name of the game for those who have smelt the money before getting to know you well enough except you"ve been courting before you hit the jackpot.

Anyway, by the time you are 27 you should have a clear view of who you want to marry.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by Fhemmmy: 12:18am On Dec 09, 2011
^^^ There are so many 27 years of age that are expecting a custom made man or woman as spouse.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by ayolinger(m): 12:17pm On Dec 09, 2011
shumno:

@poster I am a female not bros thanks.

Forgive my ignorance!!!

Thanks Y'all. Though I'm still 19 and just seeking opinion about this and i believe this is the best place to get good and the other side of the opinion, i don't think a marriage counselor can give out all this seriously, that's why i came on NL to seek public opinion,

Believe me i save every of your post that really made sense to me and i'm sure to read them in years to come to remind myself about it,

Again I'm grateful to you all, grin cool smiley
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by chines4(m): 1:52pm On Dec 09, 2011
When the time is right you will know. Just don't create unnecessary limitations with age, wealth, tribe, religion etc.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by Lovine: 6:56pm On Dec 09, 2011
If I tell you at 15 years will you marry? Some questions don't need to be asked. 50 years is ok for you. Most of you are unofficially married and you still ask.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by IYANGBALI: 7:01pm On Dec 09, 2011
age 70 would be ideal for men while age 80 would be good for ladies because of menopause
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by Shalomniyi: 10:53pm On Dec 09, 2011
Marriage/maturity for marriage has nothing to do with age. 3 things should be taken into consideration b4 going into marriage ;
1. Physical readiness
2. Emotional readiness &
3. Financial readiness.
If a man/lady is still seriously attached to his/her parents such a marriage may not last. A man who is emotionally unstable cannot be a good husband 'cos he'll not handle issues maturely thus causing crises. If a man is not financially ready or independent, he might not be in charge @ the home front and may become irresponsible. You must be found doing something before going into marriage so that yu can fend for yr family, failure of which yu'll be called an infidel.
You may be ready & display all the listed qualities @ 22 or 23 that shows you are matured enough to marry but if you are 32 & you still lack these 3, you are still not mature to go in.
Marriage is for 'MEN' & not for 'boys'.
I recommend at least one year of a quality & productive courtship before marriage. No double-dating. BE BLESSED.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by AreaFada2: 5:51am On Dec 10, 2011
Happy marriage needs many things:

maturity, luck, good social support and don't forget that a happy marriage doesn't happen randomly: it is ordained by Daddy God.

Age is important in the sense that we learn from experience (hopefully) and can make better decisions from experience.

On the other hand some people appear to be a magnet for bad lovers, so age doesn't change that. Is it just bad luck or misplaced priorities when looking for a partner?

So Poster: only you can judge your own maturity and readiness for marriage now. If there are more cons (including money matter) than pros then you may want to think hard before getting married. I presume of course you're over 18 years old. are your done with ur studies, trade learning? Earn enough money to look after family?

@odunnu:

In the days of your grandma, women didn't expect much BUT now it's different, people now demand things that they are not even capable of bringing to the table in first place.
Overall marriage is a marathon, not a sprint.
One cannot declare his/her marriage a resounding success until many decades into it. Life has a way of throwing up surprises. A "loving" husband may currently be raising another family in another part of town that people will not know for many years to come. I saw it koro koro with my eyes before. I married late and i think it was the right thing for me. I had time to chop life first, now i don't feel I missed out on anything. Now family man all the way.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by AreaFada2: 6:10am On Dec 10, 2011
Olalekan,

Being able to take care of your family financially etc is part of maturity not just age.

Also those women who cheat only hide behind poverty because they themselve cannot anything to the table.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by chikis(m): 7:05am On Dec 10, 2011
[color=#990000][/color]Marraige is all about love, mutual understanding, respect and submission. Age does not have much role to play in marriage.
In my own opinion, I would like to marry in my early or mid twenties but finance is restraining me. I would ourge any person who is ready to go into marraige to take his/her time and look for the right partner in that way they will live to enjoy their married relationship for the rest of life.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Get Married? by jeffp: 10:47am On Dec 22, 2011
hmm, if ur star sign ar compatible, u both can b partners and scale through all moments and stay together till death do una part.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife / LG Distributor shares Difference Between Dual Inverter And Smart Inverter AC / Your Marriage Is A Fraud!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.